Start by marking “Move the Stars (Something in the Way, #3)” as Want to Read:
Move the Stars (Something in the Way, #3)

Move the Stars (Something in the Way #3)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  3,681 Ratings  ·  583 Reviews
The highly anticipated conclusion to the Something in the Way series, a forbidden love saga.

Lake
It was a hot summer day when I met him on the construction site next to my parents' house. If I’d known then what I do now, would I have kept on walking? Manning was older, darker, experienced—and I’d trusted him when he said the story would only ever be about us. I’d held those
Published October 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Move the Stars, please sign up.
Mishelle
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐1/2! Move the Stars, book 3 of 3. Manning & Lake’s bittersweet, enchanting, forbidden & against-all-odds love saga!

“I wanted those words she’d swallowed and saved, as much as I wanted to be the only man to ever get them.”

Books in series should be read in order:
Book 1: Something in the Way
Book 2: Somebody Else’s Sky
Book 3: Move the Stars
Book 4: Lake + Manning

In book 1-2 innocent high-school student Lake Kaplan fell in love with the much older construction worker, Manning Sutter.
Serena
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 TILT THE UNIVERSE STARS!

MOVE THE STARS IS ONE OF THE MOST EPIC ROMANCES I HAVE EVER READ!!!

Every once in a while you read a story that has you so consumed. So addicted. So in love. You. Just. Can't. Deal. You are so wrapped up in the story, you don’t want to think about anything else. That is the effect the Something in the Way series has had on me, and so many others. I’ve never witnessed so many people so passionate about a story. It’s been MONTHS since Something in the Way and Somebody Els
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤

I loved it so much it was amazing, it has everything I wanted and even more.Seriously this is my favorite book in the series.So many feelings for this book.Move The Stars was an entense and passionate story.

description

This final installment of Lake and Manning was so worth the wait.I loved their moments together,I couldn't control my emotions with these two.I could feel everything these two were going through.

If you are looking for a unique and refreshing story this is perfect.Their love story i
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
dnf, 35%
I really enjoyed Jessica Hawkin's writing... it's engaging and exciting, or at least it was, until I got to book #3. I won't lie and say that I didn't exactly understand (or relate) to a 16 year old girl who was willing to destroy her future because of her love for a guy. I just remember myself at 16 and yes, I had some strong feelings, and yes, sometimes it felt like it was the end of the world... but somehow I was able to move on over time. I guess I didn't understand why this heroine
Kei • lovelypagesreviews •
Oct 23, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2017
What the fuck just happened.

I pre-ordered this back in September after reading the first book because I fell in love with Manning and Lake. The second one ripped me apart and I had a pretty good idea where this was going.

I was 100% correct in my predictions which pisses me off since this was a huge cliche and WTF...

I wasn't going to post a detailed review but fuck that.

(view spoiler)
Jemima
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
FOR GOODREADS

mts-ig-portrait

Title: Move the Stars ( Something in the way #3)
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: October 23, 2017

ARC

The Birthday Gods arrived early today and gave me an ARC of this book as an early birthday present! hehehe!

Telling you that I've been waiting for this book 'patiently' is the BIGGEST lie I have ever told....Move the Stars was everything I wanted it to be and so much more!

I cried tears of Joy and sadness while I read Move the Stars. This book is intense and passionate. Simp
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

“Do you want to change everything?”

This is it...the conclusion of Manning and Lake's story. At the ending of the last book, we were left hanging with sooo many questions! Will he go through with it? Is it a farce? How much is Lake's Dad influencing things? Will Lake leave? Will she experience life without Manning? They were just so many questions it was driving me crazy.

And Jessica Hawkins doesn't let us suffer, oh no, she dives right into things leaving me a bit shocked...and thrilled.
Olga therebelreader
I was swept off my feet by this story. The chemistry is undeniable. The passion is incredible. Relationships are hard, and Manning and Lake had to learn to grow their relationship on their own terms.
This is a story of true love, devotion, sacrifice and respect. The sex is steamy and the love is undeniable. This is an amazing, 5 star read!

In short:
Hero 5/5 | Heroine 5/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 5/5 | Writing Style 5/5 | Steam 3/5 | Romance 5/5 | Angst-Suspense 5/5 | Darkness 0/5 | Humor 0/5 |
Raj
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
************Don't read if you hate Spoilers************

I had zero intent of reading "Move the Stars" though not because of any bad writing style as it has been written with finesse by a word surgeon,delicately wielding a thin blade into an open wound,it is that angsty.

I was actually pulled back into this world by notifications of readers that had come across the review of the preceding book in the series that I had done.In the hope that the events had improved with time,I hesitantly stepped back
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
Not sure how or where to start this review. I knew this book was going to rock my world but I didn't realise just how much. It was the perfect and only way this story could end, but I have to say, there were times I almost couldn't cope. Jessica's writing almost broke me today. She is crazy talented and solidified as a Forever Author for me.

This book gave me ALL THE FEELS:

* I cried so hard at points I had to stop reading to get my breathing back under control as I thought I would be sick
* I thr
Jessica Hawkins
Oct 23, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The conclusion to the Something in the Way series is here! Get Move the Stars on all platforms:
AmazoniBooksGoogle PlayKobo
Stacy
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*****5 Stars*****

Full review ~ Spoiler-free

This is probably one of the most bittersweet reviews I’ve ever written. The highs and lows I’ve gone through with this series have been crazy, and Move The Stars was THE ONE I was waiting for. These characters have forever cemented a place in my heart, and I will never forget them. EVER.

From the very first page I had my heart in my throat, and even though I was prepared for whatever might happen, I was so anxious turning those pages. I had been waiti
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
***ARC Provided by the Author***

There are those books that just work. They stay with you, you believe in them both during the book and at the ending.

The ones that keep you up at night (I was up until 1am) the ones that make your heart jump in your chest, that make you want to skip ahead to the ending to relieve the tension (I didn't but I would be lying if I said I didn't think about it fleetingly, a time or 2) and that make you cry. Not sniffle, but actual tears.

The scene in the snow, by the ca
Nanda
Oct 25, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
S.L. Scott
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love is enough. Jessica Hawkins has written an intimate love story that could only belong to the two involved. Yet, I’m so honored to have shared it with them through her poetic words. Move the Stars is a satisfying, warm fire on a cold night, heart-wrenching, heart-filling conclusion to what has become a favorite of series of mine. I will always recommend this series for it’s depth, slowburn journey, and stunning curated prose. These characters will live in my heart long after this book has bee ...more
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Move the Stars (Something in the Way #3)
By: Jessica Hawkins
5 Stars

Please note, this book is NOT a standalone. The first 2 books in the Something in the Way series need to be read first.

If ever there was a book that you needed a paper chain to tear off the links each day till release day…this book would be it!!! Never thought the day would come.

Ahhh what an ending we were left with in Somebody Else’s Sky (#2).
We needed this book. We all have our theories on how this book would play out. We’ve ha
Michelle
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely outstanding. My heart was pounding in overdrive the whole time, but yet, I didn't ever want it to end. I could barely come up for air while I inhaled and devoured this book. The good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful, it was all there. Talk about an epic conclusion to an amazing story about love, where that love goes through so many ups and downs with unfortunate timing and a few stolen moments here and there, but is never forgotten or buried. And how the characters persevere and g ...more
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

“We were written in the stars
but would the story ever be ours?”

To say that the third instalment of Jessica Hawkins Something in the Way series was highly anticipated would be a MASSIVE understatement. This series has literally consumed me while reading it, as I just had to keep reading to find out how this forbidden love story between Lake and Manning would progress and evolve…..

To me, Hawkins writing is just pure genius… she takes a tough subject which some may find a little uncomfortable
Katarzyna
possible spoilers ahead

First thing that I need to point out is how disproportionate the pacing was: the first part (67% of the book) covered barely 5 days which were spent in NY, when the span of next four years played out in only a couple chapters. Despite the first-class writing style, the fast transition and time gap between those two gave me a whiplash.

As angsty as the previous two books were, my sitting on pins and needles and kindle gripping ended abruptly at around 2/3rd's of the novel (a
Luna Sol
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I craved this book so badly. Needed to know this conclusion and counted the days until it was with me.
There comes a time when an author writes a series that you basically live through the characters, wish upon them, suffer with them, want the best for them, or the worse. This series is one of my favorite series ever. The conclusion is simply PERFECTION. The emotion, the feels, the angst. Jessica Hawkins wrote this book with so much love and passion that it is palpable from the very first word u
Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥

POV: Dual POV
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
HEA: Not telling

I soared with this book. Right along with Lake, I cried, I hoped, I loved and I soared. AMAZING.
This has to be one of my favorite series ever. Amazingly written, this book takes us on a slightly different journey from the first two books. We finally see what Manning's decisions created, we see the Lake he helped built. Our characters are
Kimberly
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
This book is REAL.

This book is RAW.

This book is MESSY.

In other words, this book is LIFE.

From the minute I turned the last page of Somebody Else's Sky back in May, I have done little else but think about how this epic story of forbidden love would end.

I dreamed up no less than a million different scenarios, and I couldn't have been further from the reality of what Jessica Hawkins gives us in Move the Stars.

I knew what I wanted, but in the end I got everything I didn't even know I needed.

I ha
bookbruin
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible ending to this gut-wrenching and emotional series! This was one of my most anticipated reads of the year and it did not disappoint! This is book 3 in the Something in the Way series and is not a stand alone. It should only be read after reading the prior 2 books, Something in the Way and Somebody Else's Sky.

description

I apologize in advance for the vagueness of this review. I just want everyone to be able to experience all the emotions that this book elicits. Fans of this series already
Sophie
Shelves: october-2017
I need chocolate.
I need alcohol.
I need a hug. A big warm hug and a shoulder to ugly cry on.
My heart aches in the most wonderfully, beautiful way!
I finished Move the Stars and it was sheer brilliance.

From that very first book, that very first time we met Lake and Manning, Jessica Hawkins has held a part of me. It has been TORTURE enduring all the pain and heartbreak she put me through while reading those books, knowing I had to wait until Move the Stars to reach the end. But NEVER, not once ha
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
500, tears.
500, gasps.
500, why, why, why.
500, my skin is on FIRE FEELS.
500, Something In The Way Stars.

My most FAVORITE JESSICA HAWKINS READ TO DATE.

This author has punched me in the gut and heart and I want more more more.

Lake and Manning have not had an easy road. This has been the most heart wrenching, heart pounding, series I’ve experienced. So many important things happen in this story. Everything in this story is cruel. The road to get here is cruel. The heartache is cruel. The love
Grey
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
Book 3 started crazily for me. I have a feeling this will not be a popular review, but again...this is only my opinion. I find no fault with the writing, which was top-notch. Where I struggled was that the pacing seemed rather skewed, the first 60% or so, was based on 5 days of real time... then the rest of the book spans years... and, there is a decided lack of angst. I don't know...I just felt a bit of disconnect. I don't do spoilers so I apologize for the lack of details in this review but... ...more
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
There's a Truck, there's a Lake and there's The Stars. And in it is an adorable young couple , in the Big Bear camp wishing and hoping for their Happily for Now . Their Ever-After improbable and seemingly impossible.

description

And from here starts the Pain in the Heart story. It pulsates with angst , chokehold emotions and soul crumbling tears . Jessica shows no mercy , takes no prisoners and prepare for cutting your heart out and putting it through the wringer , before you open the pages.

None of us were g
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
*ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
"My instinct to love him was as strong as my instincts to cower from him. To cover my heart anticipating the next blow."
This takes place about 4 years after the last one and it broke my heart but it also made it soar. Because of this, I wasn't too mad at Jessica... Who am I kidding, I can never be mad at the woman who single-handedly gave me the book I've been waiting to read for years.
My heart has been overtaken by this series before the
Cindy M. Green
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is by far one of the best series I've read in 2017...HANDS DOWN! ALL THE FEELS!

SPOILER FREE REVIEW
Once again, Jessica has almost rendered me speechless....almost. There is so much to say about this series, it's hard to know where to begin. First off, let me say that in all the reading I've done I have not felt the emotion and connection to the characters like I have in the SITW series. My thoughts have never been this consumed by a love story, EVER!

Lake and Manning's journey is a love story
Rea
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series has been one of the most emotionally gripping and yet rewarding of my life. Not to compare the styles or authors or books; but I can only liken it to how I was after reading Twilight. That series led me to this romance genre of books via fan fiction and opened up a whole new world for me.

The Something in the Way series has brought me book friends and honest, open hilarious relationships with women that I will treasure for always. I was a fan of Jessica's prior to the SitW series, an
Why the long wait to get together? 2 8 May 17, 2018 05:52PM

Something in the Way (4 books)
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
  • Somebody Else's Sky (Something in the Way, #2)
  • Lake + Manning (Something in the Way, #4)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Do you regret marrying her?” I whispered. “I regret hurting both of you.” He smoothed his hand over my hairline. “When you asked me what I was thinking about earlier and I said marriage, I was thinking about you, not her. What do you want, Lake?” 1 likes
“Do you have any idea how it felt to walk down the aisle knowing he was thinking about you?” 0 likes