Jump to ratings and reviews
The highly anticipated conclusion to the Something in the Way series, a forbidden love saga.

Lake
It was a hot summer day when I met him on the construction site next to my parents' house. If I’d known then what I do now, would I have kept on walking? Manning was older, darker, experienced—and I’d trusted him when he said the story would only ever be about us. I’d held those words close and challenged fate, but I had lost.

A part of me is still that sixteen-year-old girl squinting up at Manning, but no matter how far I fall or high I soar, I’ll always be a bird without her bear and nothing without him.

Manning
When I close my eyes, I can no longer see her. The decisions I made were to push Lake in the right direction—away from me. But now that she’s gone, would I have made those same choices?

I’d walked away like I was supposed to. I’d kept my distance. I’d bent over backward to keep Lake pure, but she’s no longer that girl, and I don’t know if I can stay away anymore. I only know I don’t want to. She’s still everything I want and nothing I should ever have, but if anyone can move the stars, it’s her great bear in the sky.

506 pages, ebook

38 books5,215 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
370 (4%)
1 star
221 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 914 reviews
Profile Image for SueBee★bring me an alpha!★.
2,417 reviews13.8k followers
February 11, 2018

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2! Move the Stars, book 3 of 3. Manning & Lake’s bittersweet, enchanting, forbidden & against-all-odds love saga!

“I wanted those words she’d swallowed and saved, as much as I wanted to be the only man to ever get them.”

Books in series should be read in order:
Book 1: Something in the Way
Book 2: Somebody Else’s Sky
Book 3: Move the Stars
Book 4: Lake + Manning

In book 1-2 innocent high-school student Lake Kaplan fell in love with the much older construction worker, Manning Sutter. The story followed them, through ups and downs, as Lake grew older while they both hid their feelings, fought their attraction and denied their love.

Move the Stars, book 3 picks up some time after book 2’s devastating ending. It’s a breath-taking journey through Manning and Lake’s life, covering over a decade of their against-all-love. From setbacks to triumphs in, at times, parallel universes, their love seems an inextinguishable flame caught in web of poor timing.

Nine words to describe Manning Sutter: Noble, conflicted, reflective, loyal, self-doubting, charming, insensitive, self-sacrificing and self-centered.

Nine words to describe Lake Kaplan: Reflective, sweet, smart, meek, determined, naïve, insightful, patience and loyal.

Move the Stars, told from dual POVs, is nothing short of an all-consuming, forbidden and impossible love story, with emphasis on angst. A nail-biting and emotional journey that tore my heart-out, shattered it into pieces and sort of put it back together again before ending rather abruptly. I’d welcome an epilogue taking us further into the future and settling a last few scores.

Effortless story-telling! Riveting plot! Heart-wrenching angst! An unforgettable love!

***
Kink: | LOW FOCUS |
Romance: | HIGH FOCUS |
Sex frequency: | LOW FOCUS |
Suspense: | MEDIUM FOCUS |

ARC provided to me by author Jessica Hawkins in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Kei • fiction court •.
775 reviews89 followers
October 24, 2017
What the fuck just happened.

I pre-ordered this back in September after reading the first book because I fell in love with Manning and Lake. The second one ripped me apart and I had a pretty good idea where this was going.

I was 100% correct in my predictions which pisses me off since this was a huge cliche and WTF...

I wasn't going to post a detailed review but fuck that.

, this wasn't what I counted down the days for. The intense emotional world and the slow built were most definitely not leading up to So many plot holes, so many unanswered questions, seriously this was a huge disappointment and I was expecting the worst.

description
Profile Image for Sentranced Jem.
1,025 reviews562 followers
August 3, 2022
FOR GOODREADS

mts-ig-portrait

Title: Move the Stars ( Something in the way #3)
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary Romance
Publication Date: October 23, 2017

ARC

The Birthday Gods arrived early today and gave me an ARC of this book as an early birthday present! hehehe!

Telling you that I've been waiting for this book 'patiently' is the BIGGEST lie I have ever told....Move the Stars was everything I wanted it to be and so much more!

I cried tears of Joy and sadness while I read Move the Stars. This book is intense and passionate. Simply put....It's perfect.

Something in the way has become one of my favorite series this year! I have Loved the joy, the saddest, the F****g angst, the frustration, the anger (oh god! the anger) and the love that is the between Lake and Manning.

Saying this book is a must read is putting it lightly... Read the series guys!

4.5 new1

For more information follow my blog Sentrancedjem or my social media Facebook, Twitter, Instagram

Profile Image for ♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️.
508 reviews1,881 followers
October 23, 2017
5 TILT THE UNIVERSE STARS!

MOVE THE STARS IS ONE OF THE MOST EPIC ROMANCES I HAVE EVER READ!!!

Every once in a while you read a story that has you so consumed. So addicted. So in love. You. Just. Can't. Deal. You are so wrapped up in the story, you don’t want to think about anything else. That is the effect the Something in the Way series has had on me, and so many others. I’ve never witnessed so many people so passionate about a story. It’s been MONTHS since Something in the Way and Somebody Else’s Sky released and we are still just as obsessed as ever over Lake and Manning's forbidden love saga. We have been waiting to see how their story would end.

I finished this book some time ago and I have NOT been able to move on. I miss them and I don’t WANT to move on. I am so utterly and completely in love with Lake and Manning I just can’t seem to let go. I did NOT want their story to end. EVER.

Move the Stars, book three in the Something in the Way series, was one of my most anticipated reads of the year. Jessica could not have written a more perfect story for one of the most angsty and heart stopping romances I have ever read. I have been DYING all of the deads and THEN some, waiting to see how Lake and Manning’s story would end. Let me tell you, it was turbulent. Very turbulent. My guts ached. My soul cried. My mind was consumed. I think I literally died a thousand deaths reading this book. I was emotionally drained and spent after I finished. And I wouldn't change a damn thing. How many books can you honestly say do that to you? Not many. This is one of my all time favourite books. One of my all time favourite series. It’s unlike anything I have ever experienced.

Lake and Manning stole a piece of my heart and soul and I NEVER want to get them back.
If you are looking for one of those epic, all consuming love stories that will live on in your heart for years to come, then you MUST start the Something in the Way series NOW. Take the journey with Lake and Manning.

#MoveTheStars

BOOK 1 (Something in the Way) ➜ http://bit.ly/2mKXWjN

★ Series info ★
#iBooks ➜ http://bit.ly/sitwseriesibooks
#Amazon ➜ http://amzn.to/2qiC2lt

Profile Image for Shabby  -BookBistroBlog.
1,400 reviews736 followers
October 31, 2017
There's a Truck, there's a Lake and there's The Stars. And in it is an adorable young couple , in the Big Bear camp wishing and hoping for their Happily for Now . Their Ever-After improbable and seemingly impossible.

description

And from here starts the Pain in the Heart story. It pulsates with angst , chokehold emotions and soul crumbling tears . Jessica shows no mercy , takes no prisoners and prepare for cutting your heart out and putting it through the wringer , before you open the pages.

None of us were guaranteed anything in this life— especially true happiness.

And that is the underlying emotion of the entire series. A Half finished love that would have the power of a devastating storm , destroying 3 lives in their wake. In earlier books Lake and Manning meet and fall for each other, yet Manning struggles to be the adult and do the right thing.
Here Lake is picking up the pieces of her life and heart , post Manning.
She's in a tiny apartment with a broken heater , A broken lock and a broken heart with her friends who held together her sobbing heart and weeping soul.
The story spanning three hefty books has many facets like a well cut diamond. It shall touch different people in different ways , yet the inherent beauty of pure virginal love and insecure heart will truly sit heavy on your chest . I've been so invested in Lake, Manning and Tiffany's lives , even though I'm not a young love fan. Gimme dark taboo any day , but I couldn't walk away from their ballad. And ballad it is , there's music and romance in Jessica's words, their resonance loud and strong , affecting you for days after you finish.
Keep the box of Kleenex handy though , cause beneath all the feverish kisses and desperate love making is heartbreak and bad timing.

There’d been so much heartbreak and only just enough love to keep me going.

Sometimes just powerful love is not enough to keep the world going, and if it's not good enough, what good is it?

Nobody could say we hadn’t tried. We’d been pushed, and we’d pushed back. We’d wanted love to be enough, but it wasn’t.He’d turned down real love because others would judge it. He refused to accept what he deserved unless it was bad .

The characters are so brilliantly etched. They're not perfect humans, making innumerous mistakes along the way, some they learn from, some their insecurities let repeat. But thats what makes them so endearing, so real. You'll rub your chest where it'll hurt so bad, you'll forget to breathe, eyes will well up and overflow in contionous streams , yet won't wash away the pain. You won't walk away untarnished. If you believe in God Almighty, you'll summon him to have mercy on these people , and wish upon all the falling stars to let their love unite in perpetuity.
Bear in mind - you couldn’t move the stars God still holds the pen to all our fates and Jessica holds Lake and Manning's . She keeps it very real, very fresh and very potent. The conclusion is so powerful and amazing , it couldn't have been anything else.
I've lived in a time of Lake & Manning and I don't wanna come out of the pages.
He may be Her universe, her sky, her stars. Her Ursa Major. But he's ours too ❤

description

I'm guessing writing Must be taken a heavy toll on her too, reading sure did annihilate my heart 💔
As I closed the book , I'm thankful for meeting Jessica and her beautiful soul that created these extraordinary stories. What incredible talent she is. So , Purge and move on to create more immortal characters Jess and slay our hearts , because who needs a whole heart anyway !!
5 Big Bear & Birdy Stars
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/BookBistroBlog
Profile Image for Raj.
750 reviews52 followers
November 7, 2017
************Don't read if you hate Spoilers************

I had zero intent of reading "Move the Stars" though not because of any bad writing style as it has been written with finesse by a word surgeon,delicately wielding a thin blade into an open wound,it is that angsty.

I was actually pulled back into this world by notifications of readers that had come across the review of the preceding book in the series that I had done.In the hope that the events had improved with time,I hesitantly stepped back into the story and maybe I should not have but being an optimist I did.This being the 10th month of year I believe I'm ready to crown the most irredeemable hero of 2017 and with that not being enough it comes with a spineless sidekick.

I will admit I predicted wrong in my previous review,there was zero grovelling for the copious amounts of 'sister sex' that Manning had wallowed in for the years that he was absent from Lake's life.He was either conflicting between whether he disliked Tifanny the sister wife or lauded her as an intimate friend he slept with.Lake accepted him back with nary a protest,into her life,into her virgin body and into her unwavering devotions.

And so this love affair began along with the cheating and the lying :

“You aren’t. I am. I’m leaving her for you. I’m coming for you, whether you tell me to or not.”

I will repeat that phrase.He told her he would come back

"I’m coming for you, whether you tell me to or not.”

He did not return for 4 years while he healed from a traumatic event by being with other women.

And Manning did follow his passions by f*#king another woman in the house he built custom for his queen.Lake never did have a tangible first with Manning unless you count him deflowering her of her virginity.Other than that even the house he spent years building to atone for all his sins against the love of his life he sullied by having another woman experience her first orgasm in a place he created out of love.

And for me that is an ultimate betrayal that he never acknowledges nor does Lake ever come to know about.Not that it would have tilted the scales of sins any further that had been accumulated by Manning along the years.

So I’m asking you to choose me. This, what you see around you, is our home. All I’ve done, and all I am is for this—for you.”
Manning had built this for me? A house—a home?

I was on my way to accepting that maybe I was a tad by too harsh until....

I had a beer, and then another one with my dinner, and then I had Martina.

Why couldn't the 'hero' have remained celibate.The heroine had the fortitude to and she had been a virgin.It would have made the ending and the house all the more special for the reader.
Profile Image for Veronica WordsAreMyDrinkOfChoice.
453 reviews83 followers
April 28, 2020
Sorry, I may be in the minoroty , and maybe there was something wrong with the way I interpreted the novel, but I am lost with all the 5 and 4 star ratings, there is so much wrong with this novel and the characters! There are people saying that they want a man like Manning, and that the books are heartbreaking and about true love? Really? Seriously? I am worried about people's sanity, because I saw no true love, just a lot of unnecessary angst, obsession and selfishness! No offence but this booked dragged, the first part focused on a week, where Manning and Lake were together! Then, obviously for more angst and to fill the book, a massive, predicable obstacle occurs (Tiffany's pregnancy), separating these 'soulmates' (ha ha as if). This story did not need to be 3 books, because the reason they were separated was flimsy! First it was Lake's age which I get, but Manning if he was a better person would have waited, not settled for Tiffany, and been with Lake. But no, that apparently was impossible so he pushes Lake away, hurts her, then thinks it's ok to be obsessed with her, while growling at anyone who looks at her, as he marries her fucking sister? And that's ok, that's the kind of guy girls dream about? Get a grip! He stated he wanted Lake to soar and be happy, but he would not be the one to do that? He was an asshole! He wouldn't be with her, but tried to ruin her prom with Corbin! Selfish! He wanted her to be free, but only if that was at a college in California, where he could be near her and have some control while rubbing it in he was with Tiffany? I know Lake was a doormat, but at least I got her, she was young, naive and immature! But she was loyal, she made herself available to Manning, she waited! She even kept her freaking Virginity for him! What did he do? Married her sister, left her alone for 4 years to get on with things, while half her family did not speak to her! He helped cause a rift with them all, then left her alone! Even when he finally came to be with Lake, he still kept his options open by not dumping Tiffany, he still had a safe life to go back to if he did not get what he wanted! Lake did push him away when it was revealed Tiffany was pregnant, but that was the right thing to do, how could they be truly together when he would have a child with her sister? Manning went back, Tiffany had a miscarriage and they got divorced, and again he did not come back and fight for Lake! No he got on with his life! He hardly stayed true! I know we let guys off all the time because men need sex! But for goodness sake Lake gave her virginity to him! Yes later on she has sex with other people, but only after he broke her heart once again! Did Manning wait? Even try to be a better person? Nope, he was fucking some woman he knew in the dream house he supposedly built for Lake, well that would have well and truely tainted it! Even in the end when he says he loves her etc, it's all too little too late! She was back in town for a year and he still didn't go and get her, he bumped into her by chance? He was waiting till he could come to her, for what? It's been 4 years man up!
Tiffany was just a witch! All she did was spew viciousness! She got away with so much! In reality, Corbin would have been a better match for Lake, but in the end he deserved better than Lake as she was pathetic. The only decent, strong woman was Val! She was badass in this book, she was loyal, but told it straight and her speeches to Lake and to Manning were spot on! Sorry to all who loved it but this was not true love, Manning never redeemed himself, he married her sister for goodness sake! He had no real reason! He left Lake alone for years, he wouldn't touch her, but wanted no one else to! They were better off apart! Such a dragged out series, where the man basically was an ass and all was forgiven! Woo hoo for women's empowerment and self respect!
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for Pavlina Read more sleep less blog  .
2,434 reviews4,554 followers
October 23, 2017

I loved it so much it was amazing, it has everything I wanted and even more.Seriously this is my favorite book in the series.So many feelings for this book.Move The Stars was an entense and passionate story.

description

This final installment of Lake and Manning was so worth the wait.I loved their moments together,I couldn't control my emotions with these two.I could feel everything these two were going through.

If you are looking for a unique and refreshing story this is perfect.Their love story is epic.

Profile Image for Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦.
662 reviews2,395 followers
Read
March 26, 2018
dnf, 35%
I really enjoyed Jessica Hawkin's writing... it's engaging and exciting, or at least it was, until I got to book #3. I won't lie and say that I didn't exactly understand (or relate) to a 16 year old girl who was willing to destroy her future because of her love for a guy. I just remember myself at 16 and yes, I had some strong feelings, and yes, sometimes it felt like it was the end of the world... but somehow I was able to move on over time. I guess I didn't understand why this heroine wasn't able to. She had no childhood trauma so I really didn't get why she was so hung up on this dude.

Anywhatever, there is a bit too much telling and not showing in the third installment and I'm just not in it anymore.
Profile Image for mel ☽.
365 reviews6,531 followers
January 12, 2021

i really did appreciate all the emotions and passion the MCs had for those 5 days they spent together but i just can't forgive the H for what he did (marrying sister and stayed married with her for 4 years). i HATE him. he didn't wanna be a coward? well he was that. i can't believe they never acknowledged this. if he wants the h he should divorce his wife BEFORE getting it on with the h. he should FIGHT for h but he never did by NOT divorcing the sister before he went after her. his excuses for his mistakes was about him being a "man" and i disagree because his actions completely contradict his belief.

being a "man" means you have the courage to do what you want and what is essentially "right" and fight for it, even if it is wrong in other people's eyes (i don't know where i got this quote but i read it somewhere and i completely agree!!).

actually wanting to marry the older sister/OW and wanting to spend the rest of your life and make babies with her, knowing you're crushing the "love of your life's" heart is the most "unmanly" thing you could EVER do. i know he was being a martyr but he was just being selfish and dumb and probably thinking with his nether region.

out of billions of women in the world, why the hell would the H choose the love of his life's SISTER?! the ffffffuuuuuuck?

like, if h was living good and living her dreams like he wanted, he wouldn't have gone after her! but nope. he had to find out she was not living well and then he started going after her... aight. what a lovely H.

how could H possibly even think that h would want to be with him after how he treated her and how much he hurt her?! the audacity !!! i can't even imagine the pain the h felt. i wouldn't even wish that kind of pain on my worst enemy! and can we talk about the ?! the hell?. like, WHY? why did she have to be celibate? that's like the worst thing you could write about since H was definitely not celibate during his marriage with the sister. thank god she was with OP during the second separation.

— safer than the previous book but when MCs were finally together, the OW/h sister tells H she's pregnant 🙄 (ended up getting a miscarriage).
— 5-year separation after they finally got together (h is 27; H is 34) and both were with OP. i get h's reason with her OMs but H being with OW during the separation? that, i don't get at all. he said he was trying to be a man she deserved and he was even building her a house waiting TO GET HER or something but he still slept with OWs? right...
Profile Image for Nan .
42 reviews71 followers
October 25, 2017
Wow I really hate myself, I can't believe I didn't give up. Manning still the WORST, Lake still a weak dumbass and Tifanny still a bitch, at least they're consistent I guess. (I can't believe she 'saved herself' for him, seriously he fucked and married your sister YOU DUMBASS, don't give him your virginity). I'm tired and mad at myself ughhh!! Why? Why did I read this?!!
November 1, 2017
4 ★'s

“Do you want to change everything?”

This is it...the conclusion of Manning and Lake's story. At the ending of the last book, we were left hanging with sooo many questions! Will he go through with it? Is it a farce? How much is Lake's Dad influencing things? Will Lake leave? Will she experience life without Manning? They were just so many questions it was driving me crazy.

And Jessica Hawkins doesn't let us suffer, oh no, she dives right into things leaving me a bit shocked...and thrilled. But she was so intense, we get so much information about Lake and Manning, almost a play by play, that at times it was a bit overwhelming and I was dying for the next step. ~Sigh~ famous last words. ;)

description

And now I was shocked times TWO...or three. You see the book is broken up into two parts (that should have been my first clue) and there's reasons why...ones I'm definitely not happy about. But even I have to admit, it was necessary.

Overall, I'm happy with their story and how everything worked out. However, my biggest disappointment was there is NO EPILOGUE! And that’s just like a cupcake with no frosting and nobody likes that. *Fingers crossed* maybe we'll get a little something something in the future.
Profile Image for Olga therebelreader.
888 reviews666 followers
October 26, 2017
I was swept off my feet by this story. The chemistry is undeniable. The passion is incredible. Relationships are hard, and Manning and Lake had to learn to grow their relationship on their own terms.
This is a story of true love, devotion, sacrifice and respect. The sex is steamy and the love is undeniable. This is an amazing, 5 star read!

In short:
Hero 5/5 | Heroine 5/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 5/5 | Writing Style 5/5 | Steam 3/5 | Romance 5/5 | Angst-Suspense 5/5 | Darkness 0/5 | Humor 0/5 | Secondary Characters 4/5 | Drama-Conflict 5/5 | Mystery 0/5 | Twists 5/5 | Pacing Steady | Action 4/5
Profile Image for Laura.
2,218 reviews106 followers
February 11, 2018
***ARC Provided by the Author***

There are those books that just work. They stay with you, you believe in them both during the book and at the ending.

The ones that keep you up at night (I was up until 1am) the ones that make your heart jump in your chest, that make you want to skip ahead to the ending to relieve the tension (I didn't but I would be lying if I said I didn't think about it fleetingly, a time or 2) and that make you cry. Not sniffle, but actual tears.

The scene in the snow, by the cab, at the door, in the hotel...my heart skipped a beat while hanging out in my throat and about to jump out of my chest.

There were tears, and at the end I was a bawling mess. Literally, sniffling with tears running down my cheeks.

It was perfection.

And, I am not going to say it was easily achieved perfection. The author, the characters and the reader put in the work to get to the happily ever after for Lake and...well, I am not going to be the one to tell you, because here is the thing about this book. It is Lake's story to tell, Lake and the other characters who are living it, and the author who wrote it perfectly. Telling you what happens would spoil so much.

There are changes in the characters, in Corbin, Lake and in Manning. Changes in the ways they relate to one another, and this happens in life. Events of a single day, a week, a year, 5 years...you are a different person for the sum of your experiences, and those experiences build over time. A single day can matter, and change the course of your life.

This, at it's core, is what this book is about. It's about living your life, and working your wants and needs in with what fate has in store for you. And, finding the balance, and coming full circle so the things you wanted are the things you can let go...and so the things you never though you could have are the things you find yourself living.

Was I happy with all of the characters at all times through the book? Nope. Not a little. I was mad, I was frustrated, I was enraged, I was annoyed....and I was engaged with them every step of the way. All of their actions were believable...is this to say there was happiness the entire time? Nope. There was angst.

There is also cheating. Because, in order to tell this story there has to be. And, if you have read the first 2 books (if you haven't what are you doing here? You need to read them first, this is not a standalone) you know it is coming. That boundaries are going to be pushed, that you are going to want it to happen with your whole heart but, if you are like me, questioning with your head if it is right.

And, really, how amazing is the book that can get you to ask serious questions, to grapple with emotions, and to wonder if you are feeling the right way toward the characters? Answer? It's a book that is astoundingly good, perfectly plotted and written with an impressive precision for the story, the characters and the plot.

This book doesn't lend itself to a plot based review, as there are spoilers there. Literally from page 2....and, I am not going to do that to you.

I will leave you with this. Jessica Hawkins is a one-click favorite author of mine because of books like this. Books that challenge boundaries, and make you question what you would do, and make you want things with the characters. She writes books that leave you wrecked, but in the best possible way.

If Jessica Hawkins writes it, I am first in line to read it. 5 Stars is not a high enough rating for this book.
Profile Image for Stacy.
191 reviews53 followers
*****5 Stars*****

Full review ~ Spoiler-free

This is probably one of the most bittersweet reviews I’ve ever written. The highs and lows I’ve gone through with this series have been crazy, and Move The Stars was THE ONE I was waiting for. These characters have forever cemented a place in my heart, and I will never forget them. EVER.

From the very first page I had my heart in my throat, and even though I was prepared for whatever might happen, I was so anxious turning those pages. I had been waiting for this book to come along and when it finally hit my Kindle I was almost afraid to open it! There’s not really too much I can say, because everything is a spoiler but, it completely took my breath away. It was sublime and euphoric and agonizing at times, and it was all the things that an epic love story should be.

Throughout the series there has been an undeniable connection between Manning and Lake, and that only intensifies in this book. I can’t say how, or which direction their relationship goes, but hold on tight because it’s not what you think, or maybe it is! I’ve speculated SO many different scenarios these past few months, and I still didn’t get it right! And that’s a huge testament to Jessica Hawkins and her fabulous writing. Nothing about this book is predictable, and you might as well erase any preconceived notions you may have had because you’re probably wrong. I was crying, and gasping, and ohhhhing and ahhhhhing the whole way through. And every chapter was like a reminder to breath because I felt exhausted from the anticipation alone!

I really wish I could talk about Corbin and Tiffany because I WANT TO, they are unfortunately THERE in the story, which is no surprise because they’ve always been there. In what capacity, I won’t say. I wish I could just word vomit this whole book because I have SO much to say but, once again I CANNOT. And I will not! The agony.

All I really have left to say is to Jessica. Thank you for writing these characters and this story. Thank you for taking a chance on a forbidden journey and trusting your readers enough to love and grow right along with it. I know my fellow readers are just as passionate as I am about this series and hope everyone will give it a chance and read it, because it means so much to me and I just want everyone to have that same feeling!
My favorite series this year!
Profile Image for Michelle Claypot_Reads.
2,156 reviews56 followers
October 17, 2017
Not sure how or where to start this review. I knew this book was going to rock my world but I didn't realise just how much. It was the perfect and only way this story could end, but I have to say, there were times I almost couldn't cope. Jessica's writing almost broke me today. She is crazy talented and solidified as a Forever Author for me.

This book gave me ALL THE FEELS:

* I cried so hard at points I had to stop reading to get my breathing back under control as I thought I would be sick
* I threw my IPad on the floor and stormed out of the room
* I PMd a friend who had read it over 30 times as I had to vent
* I highlighted over 70 quotes
* I completely neglected my family and my hubby took one look at my face and knew not to speak to me until I was done.

Jessica Hawkins has a way of drawing you into a story so completely, that you feel like you are actually there - feeling the pains and the joys of the characters. In Move the Stars she does this to perfection. Beautiful Painful Perfection.

A lot has changed since we left Lake in Somebody Else's Sky. She has grown up and is pursuing her dreams, on her terms. In fact I think she changed the most throughout this journey and was the strongest of them all. I adore her.

Manning. Oh Manning. He is a hero like no other I have read. I loved, and at times in this book, detested him in equal measure. This story really tested my feelings for him but ultimately I loved him. All his flaws. All his bad decisions and all the heartbreaks he caused. By the end of this story I felt like I truly understood him and just wanted him to be happy. However that was.

There are plot twists in this story that had me gasping out loud. Screaming at Jessica in my head and questioning everything I thought I felt about this series. It's definitely not your average love story, it's more, so much more. It's a love story that I know will float through my mind for years to come. A love story that deserves to be read. A love story that it might hurt to read at times, but all the real love stories do. I think so anyway. Have your tissues handy. You will need them.

I received an ARC of this book.
Profile Image for Elly.
152 reviews37 followers
October 23, 2017
Lots of angst and not in a good way. Too much OWomEn drama. He built a home just for her because he was pining away for her *rolling eyes* BUT made sure to bring others to fuck in this home. IMO, there was no grand gesture or ACTIONS that showed Manning really loved her. Words are cheap, actions will always speak louder than words.

If you like the angsty sisters fighting over a boy drama, I recommend "Knockout" Northstar series by Tracey Ward.
Profile Image for Grey.
448 reviews41 followers
December 27, 2017
Book 3 started crazily for me. I have a feeling this will not be a popular review, but again...this is only my opinion. I find no fault with the writing, which was top-notch. Where I struggled was that the pacing seemed rather skewed, the first 60% or so, was based on 5 days of real time... then the rest of the book spans years... and, there is a decided lack of angst. I don't know...I just felt a bit of disconnect. I don't do spoilers so I apologize for the lack of details in this review but...I'd hate to ruin it for anyone who hasn't read the series yet. I know a ton of people LOVE this series and like I said it was written very well, I just missed the boat on some parts I guess. 3 stars.
Profile Image for S.L. Scott.
Author 72 books4,123 followers
October 18, 2017
Love is enough. Jessica Hawkins has written an intimate love story that could only belong to the two involved. Yet, I’m so honored to have shared it with them through her poetic words. Move the Stars is a satisfying, warm fire on a cold night, heart-wrenching, heart-filling conclusion to what has become a favorite of series of mine. I will always recommend this series for it’s depth, slowburn journey, and stunning curated prose. These characters will live in my heart long after this book has been closed and I’ll think of them when I look up at the stars.
Profile Image for Laura Lee.
940 reviews149 followers
October 19, 2017
Move the Stars (Something in the Way #3)
By: Jessica Hawkins
5 Stars

Please note, this book is NOT a standalone. The first 2 books in the Something in the Way series need to be read first.

If ever there was a book that you needed a paper chain to tear off the links each day till release day…this book would be it!!! Never thought the day would come.

Ahhh what an ending we were left with in Somebody Else’s Sky (#2).
We needed this book. We all have our theories on how this book would play out. We’ve hashed it out in our head, in groups, in messages and emails.

The book landed and I read nonstop. I will admit, I considered flipping to the last chapter. Only because I didn’t think I could make it without knowing… But you know what, I pulled up my big girl panties and read, starting at page 1 … straight through to the end.

I set the bar high for this one. I knew there was going to be several giant hills to climb on this roller coaster ride! Heck, throw in a couple corkscrew twist and turns while you’re at it!

What we get in this book is a raw, emotional, heart shattering ending to a fantastic love story that spanned over many years. Lake has matured a lot and Manning has developed into a man of his word.

But with maturity comes knowing when to realize that maybe those stars many years ago didn’t really line up like they thought they did. Manning being married it’s hard to make promises even though he knows what he truly wants in life.

Epic Ending to a series that will stay with me for a long long time!!! Thank You Jessica Hawkins for bringing us Lake and Manning’s fantastic story!

FB – https://www.facebook.com/groups/BookB...
Blog -https://bookbistroblogcom.wordpress.com
Blog -https://bookbistroblogger.blogspot.com
Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/BookBistro
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/BookBistroBlog

Profile Image for Michelle.
2,923 reviews21 followers
October 22, 2017
Absolutely outstanding. My heart was pounding in overdrive the whole time, but yet, I didn't ever want it to end. I could barely come up for air while I inhaled and devoured this book. The good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful, it was all there. Talk about an epic conclusion to an amazing story about love, where that love goes through so many ups and downs with unfortunate timing and a few stolen moments here and there, but is never forgotten or buried. And how the characters persevere and grow along the way fighting for or against that all consuming passion and connection of a depth that only they share for each other. Whatever hesitations there are before reading this, all of the expectations were delivered above and beyond. So many feels. And all of the feels. The intensity, emotion, dialogue and brilliant writing is such that only Jessica Hawkins can deliver. This was it - in other words, this was everything. She nailed it. My favorite series of the year.

*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*
Profile Image for NMmomof4.
1,479 reviews3,483 followers
February 14, 2019
3 Stars

**I wouldn't advise reading this review without reading the other books in the series first because it might unintentionally contain spoilers for those books. Because of that, I'm going to put a general spoiler tag for the remainder**
Profile Image for Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦.
293 reviews465 followers
November 19, 2017

“We were written in the stars
but would the story ever be ours?”

To say that the third instalment of Jessica Hawkins Something in the Way series was highly anticipated would be a MASSIVE understatement. This series has literally consumed me while reading it, as I just had to keep reading to find out how this forbidden love story between Lake and Manning would progress and evolve…..

To me, Hawkins writing is just pure genius… she takes a tough subject which some may find a little uncomfortable and forbidden and in turn creates something beautiful, powerful and breathtaking. That takes true talent.

I have loved this series and the mixed emotions it has brought with it; the feels, the sadness, the passion, the anger, the love and the angst… oh, the angst of it all!

“Manning wouldn’t have his fireworks any other way but this – burning a slow path through the night sky to an explosion.”

Lake and Manning’s journey has in no way been smooth sailing, but we get to see the tremendous growth of both Manning and Lake during Move the Stars. My heart both broke and soared during this against all odds love story, and the conclusion left me with a smile on my face.

This epic love story kept me fully engaged and I thank Jessica Hawkins for bringing it into my life. If you want to read a wonderfully written story that takes you on an unbelievably emotional rollercoaster through its intensity and passion, then look no further than the Something in the Way series

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Profile Image for Luna Sol.
394 reviews53 followers
October 17, 2017
I craved this book so badly. Needed to know this conclusion and counted the days until it was with me.
There comes a time when an author writes a series that you basically live through the characters, wish upon them, suffer with them, want the best for them, or the worse. This series is one of my favorite series ever. The conclusion is simply PERFECTION. The emotion, the feels, the angst. Jessica Hawkins wrote this book with so much love and passion that it is palpable from the very first word until the end. To write a long review for this book could easily lead to a spoiler I would never want to give out. I was sad to see the series end. I will always remember Lake & Manning's story as one of my favorites. An epic conclusion to the series.
Profile Image for  Linathebookaddict  .
1,334 reviews370 followers

POV: Dual POV
Plot: 5
Characters: 5
HEA: Not telling

I soared with this book. Right along with Lake, I cried, I hoped, I loved and I soared. AMAZING.
This has to be one of my favorite series ever. Amazingly written, this book takes us on a slightly different journey from the first two books. We finally see what Manning's decisions created, we see the Lake he helped built. Our characters are more mature, they have grown and yet one thing remains the same; their love. But can that love ever soar or will it be a burden on both their soulders?
Lake; I am in love with this heroine. She is good but she is not perfect. She has sacrificed a lot, more than Manning I think and now she finally leads the life she wants and not one being forced on her by her father. She is free to fly but still, she hurts.
Manning. I still do not forgive him for the things he did. I understand where he is coming from but that doesn't mean I agree with his actions. Will it be too late when he realizes the mistakes he made?
My heart went through the grinder with this book. As soon as I was close to tasting happiness it was snatched away from me.
This is an amazing coming of age story. It is a story about the way life likes to play with us and how our actions shape our paths. It is a book about love, family and loyalty.
Best book of 2017 in this genre for me! If you haven't started the series I highly recommend that you do!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Profile Image for Katarzyna.
281 reviews30 followers
October 22, 2017
possible spoilers ahead

First thing that I need to point out is how disproportionate the pacing was: the first part (67% of the book) covered barely 5 days which were spent in NY, when the span of next four years played out in only a couple chapters. Despite the first-class writing style, the fast transition and time gap between those two gave me a whiplash.

As angsty as the previous two books were, my sitting on pins and needles and kindle gripping ended abruptly at around 2/3rd's of the novel (after some really steamy moments and explicit love scenes, (that we all have been waiting for ;) yes, THAT finally happens!)). In part two things slowed down, it felt sudden to be moved forward 3, then 4 years, and I didn't feel the tension anymore, it's hard to explain without giving away the details or spoiling anything, but the story just stopped being so captivating.

I must say I feel unsatisfied, I mean, the things still ended how we all hoped they would, we all suspected and expected that, but I can't say I'm happy with how it was depicted. I was anticipating more angst and difficulties, ever since the first book it's been showed to us that the road to the HEA would be anything but easy for Lake and Manning. And it turned out it wasn't that hard, it just happened a bit later when the characters met again, and it was like, "hey, I still love you, let's be together" and "okay, fine", there were no problems, no meddling from Tiffany or Lake's parents (whom I still hate, btw).
I missed a proper epilogue, the ending felt rushed, no sweet reunion on the main characters' part, as passionate as they've always been about each other, I felt nothing here. I think they deserved at least one more love scene at the end or a small glimpse at their not so distant future.

With all the build up throughout the first two books, I feel the conclusion lacked the previous emotional intensity. I was expecting a real hurricane of angst and plot twists that would evoke tears, hair-pulling, nail-biting, etc. What I've got was more of a storm in a teacup that passed really fast. Move The Stars didn't break my heart and then put it back together like I thought it would. The saga is still so worth reading in my opinion, every forbidden-romance fan should pick up this series!

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Sophie.
588 reviews443 followers
I need chocolate.
I need alcohol.
I need a hug. A big warm hug and a shoulder to ugly cry on.
My heart aches in the most wonderfully, beautiful way!
I finished Move the Stars and it was sheer brilliance.

From that very first book, that very first time we met Lake and Manning, Jessica Hawkins has held a part of me. It has been TORTURE enduring all the pain and heartbreak she put me through while reading those books, knowing I had to wait until Move the Stars to reach the end. But NEVER, not once have I regretted binging them when they came out instead of waiting til the end. I have dragged myself through them, endured the angst and hurt all for this moment RIGHT HERE. This moment when I can say I've reached the end of Lake & Manning's story and it was the most brilliant, most perfect, most beautiful end to a series I've ever encountered.

From years spent apart, to New York trips to bears on head boards Jessica Hawkins threw me way into the deep end when I got this book. There was no way I was putting it down, sleep didn't matter, nothing did. I literally felt like MY heart was on those pages as much as Lake's and Manning's. And as this is Jessica Hawkins you KNOW that with beautiful highs come brutal lows and this whole book ripped my heart up and fixed it back up again in equal measure.

It's so easy to see that Jessica went all in with this ending. Nothing was left unsaid. I felt every single pinch of pain and every single blissful high. I was so IN LOVE with this book. Everything about it was perfection. I bow down to Jessica for NAILING the ending and giving it her everything.

This raw, brutally brilliant, breathtakingly beautiful book was the best way to end. It's passionate, intense, all consuming, so utterly captivating and PERFECT. Lake and Manning will always hold on to a part of me. I lived and breathed this whole series and despite the hurt it was the most blissful book experience ever!
Profile Image for Yvette (Booksandbandanas).
485 reviews104 followers
500, tears.
500, gasps.
500, why, why, why.
500, my skin is on FIRE FEELS.
500, Something In The Way Stars.

My most FAVORITE JESSICA HAWKINS READ TO DATE.

This author has punched me in the gut and heart and I want more more more.

Lake and Manning have not had an easy road. This has been the most heart wrenching, heart pounding, series I’ve experienced. So many important things happen in this story. Everything in this story is cruel. The road to get here is cruel. The heartache is cruel. The love that should be is cruel. The years cruel.

It’s impossible to say anything without saying too much. So what I will say is this. This conclusion has shaped up to be my most favorite of Jessica’s. She has created something so intense, and so terribly addicting you cannot help but crave more so much more.

If you haven’t read this series. Read it. If you are scared to find out what should have been or what will be, do it.

Jessica, as always thank you for this.

Move The Stars is one half heartbreaking and the other half heart wrenching. There is no in between. This story and these characters are flawlessly imperfect, which makes them perfect.

photo E3BAFBBA-4E54-4B0C-965C-8BD9D3DD5E47_zpslsgoax1l.jpg