Start by marking “Brewed Awakening (Coffeehouse Mystery #18)” as Want to Read:
Brewed Awakening (Coffeehouse Mystery #18)

Brewed Awakening

(Coffeehouse Mystery #18)

PLEASE NOTE: The order links on this edition do not work! But they DO work on the Hardcover and Digital editions, which will be published December 3, 2019.

Find the hardcover and digital editions and you can order the book. THIS edition listed is a mass market reprint that will not be published until 2020.
Mass Market Paperback
Published November 5th 2020 by Berkley Books (first published December 3rd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Brewed Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brewed Awakening

Start your review of Brewed Awakening (Coffeehouse Mystery #18)
Juli
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Coffeehouse Mystery series has been one of my favorites for years now. I like the main characters and the setting in and around a popular coffee shop in NYC. The plots are always good, and the coffee is always hot (or iced, or latte, or whatever new drink is all the rage at the Village Blend). I like the discussions the characters have about coffee -- preparing, roasting, buying beans, brewing, etc. Each book also includes recipes.

This newest book I devoured in one awesome bout of binge rea
Mackenzie - PhDiva Books
This was a delightful twist on the cozy mystery! Very different than any story I’d read before and so much fun!

In Cleo Coyle’s Brewed Awakening, a coffee-shop owner and expert barista awakens on a park bench with no memory of the past fifteen years. And unfortunately, she also has been missing for several days and seems to be the sole witness to a missing person’s case—if only she could remember it! A fun, sweet, and unique cozy mystery that I highly recommend!

So, I haven’t read any of this ser
LORI (Dollycas) CASWELL
Dollycas’s Thoughts

This time Cleo Coyle turns things inside out when our protagonist becomes the victim. Clare Cosi has been missing for a week when she wakes up on a bench in Washington Square Park, disoriented and scared, she wanders the area finally finding the Village Blend coffeehouse. Her friends, family, and employees are all thrilled to have her back but realize she has no memory of several years. She thinks her daughter is still a youngster waiting for her to come home. That her divorc
Lisa Ks Book Reviews
In BREWED AWAKENING, author Cleo Coyle has brought us an original storyline, not often, if ever, seen in a cozy. We’re all used to the different types of crimes in cozies. Murder, disappearance, and so forth that happen to the story’s characters. Most are “bit” characters, or even ones we never read about, dead before they tale begins. In an interesting twist, our Coffeehouse lead, protagonist, Clare Cosi is one of the victims!

BREWED AWAKENING is written in the same, talented style that has bro
Andrea Stoeckel
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light”

In this, the 18th Coffeehouse Mystery, Clare Cosi wakes up in Washington Square Park with no ID, no keys, no phone and no idea how or why she was there at 4 in the morning. Trying to get herself someplace safe, she heads towards The Village Blend, the coffee place she is part owner and manager of. However, she is very disoriented and thinks it’s 15 years earlier than 2019 and she and her ex-husband Matteo Allegro have j
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

BREWED AWAKENING is the eighteenth book in the Coffeehouse Mystery series by Cleo Coyle and wow, if you think the other books in the series have been good, then you’re going to be in for a surprise.

Cleo Coyle is one of those authors that writes on a whole different level than everyone else. Not only are they skilled in narrative, but their plotting and pacing is out of this world. BREWED AWAKENING isn’t just an amazing book; it’s a masterpiece.

Coyle has done something completely different w
Julie  Durnell
Feb 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I thought this Clare Cosi book #18 in the coffeeshop series was fun! A quirky twist on the ol' amnesia thing and always heavy on the coffe lore. The delicious recipes at the back that coordinate with the meals taking place in the story are real plus. This series set in New York City is really well done!
Sue Ross
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down

Another awesome story from Cleo Coyle. This one was nerve wracking and nail biting. Claire suffers from memory loss. But there is more to it. I've read every book in this series and this was one of the best. I can't wait for.the next one. Maybe.there will be a wedding.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Coyle has done something completely different wi
OpenBookSociety.com

By Cleo Coyle
ISBN#9780451488879
Brought to you by OBS Reviewer Daniele

Synopsis:

When coffeehouse manager Clare Cosi awakens on a bench in Washington Square Park, she has no idea she’s been missing for days, or that her friends and family have been frantic with worry. Now that she’s back, everyone is overjoyed, including a handsome NYPD detective who claims to be her fiancé. But to Mike
Micky Cox
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amnesia, kidnapping, murder and mayhem are all on the menu in this edition of the Coffeehouse Mysteries! Excellent plotting entwined with well developed and lovable characters keeps you invested in the outcome! I can't wait to read what comes next for Clare and the coffeehouse gang!
Toni  (T.C.) LoTempio
I think this might be my favorite of all the coffee shop mysteries. Good mystery, good character development with some humor sprinkled in. I liked the way they did it from everyone's perspectives while Claire was suffering from memory loss. Plus, I didn't guess who was ultimately responsible until the reveal! BEST BOOK EVER.
Beth
Our story starts with Clare waking up on a park bench, not knowing how she got there. When she tries to find familiar, she ends up discovering that she had been missing and she has lost years of life she lived. Her daughter is grown, she doesn’t remember her chunky NYPD fiancé or that she is now the owner of the coffee shop and the employees that all know her well. Clare’s soon realizes that her memory loss is linked to a crime she witnessed and now find herself a suspect in the crime.

Hospitaliz
Toni
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Stars

This is book eighteen in the Coffeehouse Mystery series by Cleo Coyle.

This series just rings all the bells for me. Murder by Mocha was my first introduction into the cozy mystery world and I have been hooked ever since. Stepping back into this series is like coming home. So, when Clare Cosi loses her memory we are transported back to a time just after her separation with Matt and her daughter, Joy is still a kid.

It was fascinating to watch the fallout from Clare’s memory loss and how it e
The Cozy Review
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The latest in the “A Coffeehouse Mystery” cozy series from Berkley Publishing written by Cleo Coyle, Brewed Awakening is now available. This book is a pleasant and gripping read filled with captivating characters in a charming setting.

This is a long-running cozy series. Readers have come to love the characters, many times finding themselves anxious for the next installment. However, a series of this nature also tend to become stale. Thankfully, that is not the case with this the 18th book in thi
Cheryl
Mar 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting concept having Clare being hurt and waking up thinking it is 15 years earlier. She thinks she just got divorced, her college age daughter is still 11 and she only has one coffee shop. Anything invented in the last 15 years she doesn’t remember. A quack doctor gets Clare to sign her rights away and Madame has to get her out.
☆☆Hannah☆☆
I've read 16 of the 18 books in this series. So far this is the only one I didn't like. Clare goes missing and shows up days later. She has lost her memory. I was glad that everyone wanted to help. However, I didn't like the way they wrote Matt in this one. He made so much progress and then that happens. Thankfully in the end everything works out and the mystery is solved.
Smart Bookaholics Inc Bookstore
What a great cozy mystery! Cleo Coyle always has the best mysteries! I'm excited to read some more from this author! I like that she incorporates the title with the story! Thank you to Berkley Publishing for the arc in exchange for an honest review!
Christine
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozies
This is the eighteenth book in the coffeehouse series. Clare Cosi wakes up in Washington Square Park with no recollection of how she got there nor any memory of the last 15 years of her life. Everyone in Clare's life is determined to help her regain her memories. It becomes clear that Clare's memory loss is connected to the disappearance of a woman who she was meeting. This has always been a favorite series of mine and continues to be. This was such a good book. I ended up reading it in 3 hrs. I ...more
Brooke Sillaby
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Round up to 4.5 stars.
Lesley Looper
Jul 04, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020, mystery
This was a good diversion during these troubling times. I’ve enjoyed this series for several years, so it was nice to revisit it with this installment.
Kristi
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although the references to drinking coffee were a little too plentiful, I still read this in one sitting. Interesting plot line, good characters, and a mystery. Good stuff to have on a snowy afternoon.
Shelley Lawrence
Brewed Awakening was definitely not one of my favorites in the Coffeehouse Mystery series. In fact, I really didn’t care for it all that much, unfortunately. This particular story was really different from all the previous mysteries. The prologue packed quite the personal punch, as opposed to previous books that described a particular crime usually told from the perpetrator’s standpoint. It was a bit abrupt and semi-shocking, but also exciting and a fun starter.

We then jump forward two
Bridget
This is the first book I have read in this mystery series and I was happy to dive straight in. I can’t believe this is the 18th book in a wonderful series and I've never come across it before now. Cleo Coyle did an excellent job of making this story fresh and new while giving me plenty of detail to be able to jump right in even at this late stage. I was sold from the very beginning, with its solid characters, great writing and a marvellous mystery that provided a good sprinkling of clues to sati ...more
Rebecca
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
This is my first book in the Coffeehouse mystery series, but it certainly won't be my last.  This book had all the elements I love in a cozy mystery - a wonderful setting, a fun and smart sleuth, lots of mystery and danger, and of course a handsome love interest.  In this installment, Clare has lost all memory of the last 15 years.  She thinks her daughter is still a small child, doesn't remember her job running The Village Blend, and sadly doesn't know her fiancee Mike at all.  However, that do ...more
marita lazarus
I really enjoy reading this series, and this one in particular where Clare has amnesia was especially nice to read. It was fun seeing how Clare/Matt/Mike triangle developed and of course seeing the old Clare help solve the mystery was good.

The book begins with Mike's proposal to Clare and she accepting, then fast forwards 2 months where Clare wakes up in a park bench with no memory of her life or how she got there. She still believes she is recently divorced with a small daughter to care for. S
Christa
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I have loved each and every one of the Coffeehouse books, this one is hands down my favorite. The books are always fun and charming, but this one had an emotional intensity for me that was much deeper than the others.

The Prologue started this one out on a happy and wonderful note, which made it all the more shocking when, in the 1st Chapter, Clare woke up in a park, not knowing why she was there, and with no memory of the past fifteen years. I felt so badly for Quinn, who was a total stra
Judy Alter
As a dedicated fan of Cleo Coyle’s Coffeehouse Mysteries, I jumped into Brewed Awakening the day it was released. While I see some structural problems with it, I still turned pages rapidly and stayed up late to finish it. The book opens with Clare waking on a park bench with no memory of the last fifteen years of her life. Much of the first half or so of the book is taken up with Clare’s friends and family trying to jog her memory while keeping her out of the clutches of a suspect psychiatrist w ...more
Ellen
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This 18th book in the coffeehouse mystery series is my favorite so far. Clare wakes up disoriented near a deserted park, forgetting everything that happened in the prior few years. The mystery deepens as she works with Mike, her fiancée, to remember him and her present life while remembering her abductions with a missing person, Annette. The same great relationships between the baristas and Clare, as well as the presence of her ex-husband Matt, round out the cast of characters in this entertaini ...more
Geary
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This, the 18th installment in the Coffeehouse Mystery series set in the Village in New York City, is centered around Claire – whose episode of memory loss drives this story. The themes of Attraction, like, trust, and eventually becoming love are central to the eventual mystery and also to its’ resolution.

Claire, her ex-husband Matt, her ‘new’ fiance Mike, and their past and present roles in each other’s lives make for a refreshing change in the ‘normal’ plotting of this series. The ultimate g

• Lavender Blue Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery #21)
  • Pumpkin Spice Peril (Cupcake Bakery Mystery, #12)
  • The 19th Christmas (Women's Murder Club, #19)
  • Frosted Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #5)
  • Risk It All (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters #2)
  • Murder for Good
  • Accidental Secrets: A totally gripping, steamy, sexy contemporary romance
  • Death in the Village (Sukey Reynolds #11)
  • Chocolate Cake and Chaos (Peridale Cafe Mystery #4)
  • Shortbread and Sorrow (Peridale Cafe Mystery #5)
  • Tea & Croakies (Enchanting Inquiries #1)
  • The Dead Girls Club
  • Christmas, Spies & Dead Guys (Gianna Mancini Mysteries #1.5)
  • One for the Books (Library Lover's Mystery, #11)
  • The Diva Spices It Up (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #13)
  • Invitation Only Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #26)
  • Buried to the Brim (Hat Shop Mystery, #6)
  • Title Wave (Booktown Mystery #10)
Join Cleo's Coffee Club for bonus recipes and giveaways: https://cleocoylebooks.com/subscribe/

CLEO COYLE is the New York Times bestselling pseudonym for Alice Alfonsi, writing in collaboration with her husband, Marc Cerasini. As Cleo Coyle, they write the long-running Coffeehouse Mysteries. Their brand new Coffeehouse entry, (#18) BREWED AWAKENING , now a national bestseller, was praised as a "Poi

Coffeehouse Mystery (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • On What Grounds (Coffeehouse Mystery, #1)
  • Through the Grinder (Coffeehouse Mystery, #2)
  • Latte Trouble (Coffeehouse Mystery, #3)
  • Murder Most Frothy (Coffeehouse Mystery, #4)
  • Decaffeinated Corpse (Coffeehouse Mystery, #5)
  • French Pressed (Coffeehouse Mystery, #6)
  • Espresso Shot (Coffeehouse Mystery, #7)
  • Holiday Grind (Coffeehouse Mystery, #8)
  • Roast Mortem (Coffeehouse Mystery, #9)
  • Murder by Mocha (Coffeehouse Mystery, #10)

News & Interviews

“I like coffee because it gives me the illusion that I might be awake. —LEWIS BLACK” 0 likes