Start by marking “Love in Row 27” as Want to Read:
Love in Row 27

Love in Row 27

What happens when Cupid plays co-pilot?

Still reeling from a break-up, Cora Hendricks has given up on ever finding love. For herself, that is. To pass the time while working the Aer Lingus check-in desk at Heathrow, Cora begins to play cupid with high-flying singles.

Using only her intuition, the internet, and glamorous flight attendant accomplice Nancy, Row 27 becomes Co

Published June 1st 2017 by Corvus

To ask other readers questions about Love in Row 27, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love in Row 27

Margaret Madden
Airline check-in agent, Cora Hendricks, is the queen of match-making. With the help of online research, she sees potential mates and brings them together on board Aer Lingus short-haul routes. Row 27 has been earmarked by herself and her cabin-crew friend, Nancy; where the unsuspecting singles are seated together and given some on-board VIP treatment. Not all the matches are successful, but Cora and Nancy cross their fingers and wait for the magic to happen. Meanwhile, Cupid's arrow seems to hav ...more
Hannah
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
Cora is working at London's check in desk for Aer Lingus. The Story also talks about Dublin a lot. It details the city well and I'm pleased to have read the book after my trip there. It was funny when it was described as expensive and you must have spent your time around Temple Bar. I did find the area expensive but worth it as I loved that part of the city. It did get busy though.

A different idea for a storyline which is perfect for a holiday or if you've even been to check in desks for a plan
Blodeuedd Finland
This one was cute and had some more serious moments too. I liked how it was build too, but we will come to that soon.

Cora works at the airport and she spends way too much time researching passengers and putting one couple in row 27. Hoping they will fall in love. And as the book progresses it turns into more of an obsession. She must find love for others, but what about herself?

She does have help, I mean how else would she see if it pays off? Nancy, a stewardess, tries her best to spy on the hap
Claire Mc Partlin
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked the idea of this book, working at the Aer Lingus check-in desk and acting as matchmaker on flights by seating people in certain seats, i.e. Row 27, and it really worked, I loved the story.

Cora was the flight check-in attendant playing matchmaker and her friend, Nancy, a stewardess, helped push things along once on the flight by giving free drinks and chatting to them more. Cora was just passing through this job until she decided what she wanted to do. Her Mum had worked there for
Clare O'Beara
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: british-romance
This is an entertaining light read about an Aer Lingus check-in desk worker at Heathrow, who decides to match single people in a particular row of seats and hopes a romance will strike up between them.

The book covers almost a year during a 'security alert' which requires everyone to return to desk check in from e-ticket check in until security measures are addressed. The issue causing this alert is carefully not one which occurred at Heathrow but elsewhere, and no reason is shown for the outcome
Karen Whittard
May 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reeling from heartache Corra had given up finding love for herself but is determined to play Cupid to the passengers who use Aer Lingus. Using her powers of observation, the internet, intuition and her glamorous air stewardess friend Nancy as help Cora sets out to play Cupid. But while she is finding love for her passengers will Cora herself get a happy ending too?

This book is simply wonderful and I loved every moment of it. It's wonderfully written with great characters and an original plot. I
Janay Brazier
This was a good book. I loved the idea of this: matchmaking in Row 27 of a flight. It's like when you sit in a coffee shop or in a park and just people watch, but you can't get caught! It's just a lovely story and it has depth to it as well, it wasn't just a light, fluffy summer read like I was expecting. I really liked the writing and it had a brilliant array of characters, especially the reoccurring passengers.
Miriam Smith
Won in Goodreads Giveaways - not read, passed on.
Amye Quigley
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2018
I listened to the audio book of this novel. Not my usual read, but I thoroughly enjoyed this. I liked and cared about the characters. They were well rounded and likeable. It was funny and sweet.
Leah
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Love in Row 27 – for as long as I’ve been reading Chick Lit, I have loved the stories about people falling in love during an aeroplane ride – there’s just something magical about who you may find yourself next to, during a four hour or twenty-four hour flight. In fact, the only other book I know of that has two people falling in love during a plane ride is The Sweetest Taboo by Carole Matthews. In fact, it’s been that long since I’ve read it that I’m not actually sure of that at ...more
Illona
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
even though i read so slowly and it felt like it was dragging, i still loved this.
TheCraftyLass
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
•The Story

Heartbroken and home from Berlin after the breakdown of a 2 year romance, Cora finds herself working the check-in desk at Heathrow where a serendipitous policy change regarding a pause on self-service means she finds herself in the position to play Cupid (indeed, this becomes the name her flight attendant friend Nancy affectionately calls her).

Cora and Nancy have a system where suitable single candidates for love are sat together in row 27. Cora gets proceedings started by a bit of s
Elizabeth
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I won a copy of this book through goodreads giveaways. I really enjoyed this book and think it was really light and fun, exactly what I want from a chick lit book. At times it was a little predictable, but in a good way, and it even had me tearing up at some points. It was a really fresh idea for a book that I've never seen before. One of my favourite characters was Nancy and the other Ingrid. I loved how the book showed the typical human trait of thinking when you do something it is fine but wh ...more
Bex
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
First thanks go to Readers First who sent me this copy in exchange for an honest review.

So this book has accompanied me to work as my bus read for two weeks. It was perfect for that as the plot is uncomplicated and the characters clearly defined. I liked the idea behind the book, checkin attendant plays matchmaker and most of the book was brilliant. The ending was disappointing as it turned into a will they won't they romance for the lead character and it didn't fit with my perception of her or
Sally Coles
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cora still devastated from the break up of her two year relationship decides that she can use her position as check in girl for Aer Lingus at Heathrow to do a bit of matchmaking, especially with the help of Nancy her glamorous air stewardess friend.

With the help of social media she starts to investigate people booked on flights and decides who she thinks will be suitable partners from the passenger list and then puts them next to each other in row 27. Nancy then keeps an eye on them throughout t
Smashing Reads
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love in Row 27 has a winning premise - an airport check-in lady plays match-maker with passengers, with some more successful than others.

This is the first book I've read from Eithne Shortall but most certainly won't be the last. It was an easy, up-lifting read with fully-rounded characters and laugh-out-loud moments.

There was also the more sobering plot thread concerning Cora's mother who suffers from dementia.

A really good summer-time read. Highly recommend!
Stefennie
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Really struggled to get in to this story. I didnt like how it jumped between people I got very confused with who was who
Suzanne Waters
I enjoyed this book but it lacked a little something. I look forward in reading more by this author.
Kate
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a super cute light read, perfect for also being on holidays and flying the airline!
Lucy
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Actual rating 4.5 stars!

This was a complete impulse spend. I bought it when it was going fairly cheap and then I read it for Contemporaryathon, figuring it would be at least a quick read. And it really was.

Cora, our protagonist, has had a nasty break-up and when Heathrow airport has to reinstate in person check ins for security reasons, she takes this opportunity to start match-making in Row 27. We switch between various point of view, Cora, Nancy, her ambitious friend, George, the coworker who
Angela Kelly
Aug 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Thanks to Goodreads for providing me with a copy of this book to review.

This is fluffy, fun, a bit predictable and a nice easy read; just how chick-lit should be. Matchmaking is a common theme in chick-lit, but the idea of the 'dates' happening on a flight is unique and quirky and adds a lot to the story. Two of the singles appear throughout the novel, making them main characters. It is the one-off singles who really make this book interesting because, without them, we would probably have a bit
Amber Love
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cora Hendricks, believes in love but not for herself. After a terrible break-up she finds herself working at an airport and while checking passengers in, she likes to play "Cupid" as her friend Nancy calls her. Cora has turned Row 27 in to her very own matchmaking service... Except (well most of them) have no idea that its happening. However as things start to spiral out of control in her own life - her sick mother, fall outs with friends and not so great dates - she finds herself becoming obses ...more
Tazzie Dee
Aug 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Cora & her BFF Nancy decide to shake things up at work with a bit of match making. Cora who’s an Aer Lingus check in attendant researches her passengers & puts two unsuspecting people in row 27 which is also known as the row of love. Flight attendant Nancy offers them some VIP treatment & waits to see if love will blossom amongst the skies or if World War III will erupt.

White Cora is happy to play Cupid for her passengers, what she doesn’t realise that the real Cupid is about to hit
Strona po stronie
Sep 02, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not my cup of tea. I read half of it at a snail's pace and speed read through the rest.

I had expected something light, humorous and uplifting. Maybe because of the Polish cover (which you can't see on Goodreads yet, but I will switch editions as soon as possible). In reality, I found this book simply tiring - too heavy (naturalism! the themes! toxic relationships, terminal illness, abortion etc) and depressing. Not captivating at all. The only thing I liked about this book was the letter at the
Lisa Chapmen
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Cora is a check in assistant and to pass the time she begins to play Cupid with the passengers. She enjoys putting two passengers in row 27 and with the help of her friend Babcy an air hostess to report back, watching to see if they are a match. What she doesn't realise is live may be closer than she thinks. Easy feel good read
Céanee Del' Mar
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
celine roche
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Delightful!

I totally adored this book. I can't believe it's finished and I don't have another of this author's works to read....I hope there's another one on the way Eithne Shortall. What a debut!
Pat Cavill
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I very much enjoyed this light-hearted book about an airport check-in assistant who liked to match up suitable fliers in the hope of starting a relationship. It was a fun read and a pleasant summer concept. I would certainly recommend it as a good holiday read.
Jenni
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read that has a whole lot crammed in to its pages. It's worth noting that the main subplot involves (view spoiler) which may not make it the escapist read everyone is looking for.
Nora McCarthy
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I gobbled this up in two days flat! I really loved it. Funny and sweet and so so satisfying. Reminded me a little of Holding by Graham Norton. Gorgeous idea, gorgeous writing, gorgeous book. I give this a really strong recommendation.
Goodreads Librari...: Request to merge Kindle and Paperback formats 3 194 May 02, 2017 04:34PM

• The Lost Wife
  • The Singalong Society for Singletons
  • Emma Ever After
  • The Woolly Hat Knitting Club
  • Me and My Mate Jeffrey: A story of big dreams, tough realities and facing my demons head on
  • Wildflower Bay: Part One
  • Frisky Business
  • The Cosy Christmas Chocolate Shop
  • The Christmas Lights
  • The Flower Arrangement
  • Wilde About The Girl (Robin Wilde #2)
  • The Christmas Promise
  • Masquerade: Can a street-girl fool a lord?
Eithne Shortall is an author and journalist. Her debut novel, Love in Row 27, was published in June 2017. Her second novel, Grace after Henry, will be published in the UK and Ireland in May 2018 and in the United States in early 2019. She is the chief arts writer with the Irish edition of the Sunday Times newspaper and a regular contributor to RTE Radio.

Eithne was born and grew up in Dublin, Irela