Start by marking “The Accidental Honeymoon” as Want to Read:
The Accidental Honeymoon

The Accidental Honeymoon

What happens in Vegas…
When Georgie discovers that her fiancé has been cheating on her, only a few days before her cousin’s wedding, her whole world explodes. Facing a romantic trip to Vegas alone, she decides to go out and have some fun…

…but Georgie never expected to wake up wed! And even worse, she can’t remember who to. So when gorgeous Jack reveals himself as her husban
Published June 16th 2017 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about The Accidental Honeymoon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Accidental Honeymoon

Start your review of The Accidental Honeymoon
Dash fan
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
5☆+  Absolutely loved it!! Rom Com at it's best!!

The Accidental honeymoon had me laughing so hard I was highlighting bits so I could go back and laugh again.

It's a story of friendship, family, lust, betrayal, relationships, jealously & rivalry, drama, pretending, fun, hilarious moments, a fair amount of drink, and one disastrous wedding, not to mention kidnapping an old lady and a not so wild hen party!!

When Georgie catches her fiancé cheating she decides to go off and enjoy the holiday in Vega
Zoe
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Delightfully romantic, lighthearted and charmingly entertaining!

This is an exceptionally humourous tale about the outgoing, spontaneous Georgie who suddenly finds herself heading to a family wedding with not only a fake fiancé but an unexpected groom.

The prose is playful and lively. The characters, especially Jack, are dishy, kind and easygoing. And the plot is quick-witted, funny and full of quirky mishaps, awkward moments, tricky situations, delicious chemistry, and the predictable but mandato
Elle's Book Blog
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Release Date: June 16, 2017
Genre: Chick Lit

I picked up this book on a whim today and read it in one sitting- clearly, I really enjoyed it! It's been a while since I have picked up a chick lit book and once again, this book reaffirmed why I love this genre in the first place. For one, the books are light and fluffy. There isn't too much drama, and the drama that is has is well placed and adds a little pizzazz to the book. Secondly, the characters are adorable and so much fun to hang with. I l
Agi
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 2017-releases

I've read The Accidental Honeymoon just at the right moment - when I needed something light - hearted and uplifting, and I know that if you're in need of those ingredients, Portia MacIntosh is your person in charge. I know that whatever she writes it's my kind of read and really, I don't need a lot of coaxing to request her books.

I bought this story as it was written. Probably some of the reviewers will stress that the accidental drunk wedding and then meeting on a plane are this tad unrealistic
ItaPixie
Shelves: 4-stars, netgalley

I've had a very good time reading this book during a hot summer day.

I loved the characters,every single one is very well depicted and has a unique personality.
My favorite is our heroine,Georgie,who tries to make everyone else happy only causing more troubles and making her story even more funny.
I couldn't stop reading Georgie's journey because I was intrigued,I wanted to know how and when she would have found her happily ever after.
I would have liked a long long epilogue but my heart is still p

Alison
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading a few thrillers recently it was a welcome change to have this amusing story to delve into. A fun-filled oh my goodness what else can go wrong type of book.

Poor Georgie she really is a bit of a liability. She finds out her fiance has been cheating on her so not one to hide and mope she heads off to Vegas. Now for anyone who hasn’t been there it really does live up to it’s reputation that whatever happens in Vegas should stay there!

Georgie decides to have a drink, gamble and hang
Karen Whittard
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
A lighthearted and funny book that will have you laughing out loud and have you smiling from ear to ear.
CMDH
Shelves: netgalley
Sometimes you simply need to suspend reality just a tad, let go, and let a wonderfully sweet, feel-good story sweep you away. On first glance the idea of waking up married after a drunk night in Vegas might make me pass on a book, raise an eyebrow and think 'not for me thankyouverymuch'. Here's what I'd say..."Get over it!". Seriously, get past this plot point, trust that it really does work, and the payoff is completely there in spades.

I was totally smitten with this book, enamored with Georgi
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley, chick-lit
I'll start with the only negative I have for this book and get it out of the way; the storyline here consists of an accidental drunk wedding in Las Vegas, with the two parties waking up and not realising they have inadvertently got married. They then meet again on a flight and there follows the story of their relationship. Now those two elements of the plot alone made me think that this story would be very unrealistic, and that I might not be able to get into it.

Another sticking point is that t
Grass monster
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Blurb :
What happens in Vegas…
but Georgie never expected to wake up wed! And even worse, she can’t remember who to. So when gorgeous Jack reveals himself as her husband, she can’t believe her luck – he’ll act as the perfect wedding date!
Even if it is their very accidental honeymoon
DawnMarie  Carpintero
3 Stars

When I first started reading this book I thought 'yay' and then it all went downhill for me about a 1/3 of the way in the book. I didn't feel any connection with the characters at all. The banter was good but to be honest that was really all the book had going for me.
When it came down to it I was really bored with this book not saying it wasn't good but not good for me.

It was funny in a lot of places but some where it normally would be I would have thought it fell flat for me at least.

Hap
Reyes
1.5 Disappointed stars

I squeezed this book in between my current readings because it promised many things I love in chicklits: Vegas wedding to a handsome stranger? Check. Pretend couple? Check. "Oh no, we have to share a bed!" trope? Check. Unfortunately it also included (view spoiler). Such a sh
Melinda Worfolk
Ludicrous! But I'd be lying if I said I didn't find it entertaining.
Alison
Three and a half stars.

So, this is a 'Married in Vegas after too much alcohol' novel, except it isn't. Yes Georgie and Jack get married after drowning each other's sorrows a little too well. But they don't wake up naked surrounded by foil packets. Georgie wakes up alone and fully dressed - yes, they didn't consummate the marriage. The next morning Georgie has to rush to catch a flight home to the UK, she doesn't even realise/ remember that she got married the night before until Jack rushes onto
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. The story flowed very well and was very enjoyable. This book will keep you reading long into the night and you will not want to put this book down until you finish. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader’s copy of this book. The free book held no determination on my personal review.
Paula Bothwell
The Accidental Honeymoon - PG13
Violence: none
Language: fewer than 85, including deity and Fbombs (<20)
Sex: some descriptive kissing, fade to black sex

This was written by a British author, so I'm telling myself that the swear words aren't the same. I felt like this was like the Dermot Mulroney movie *The Wedding Date*. I will say that I spent the majority of my time reading this book with a silly grin on my face. It was very humorous.
Yi-Hsuan
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2019
1. Why are they typos in this book? "is he actaully ill?"

2. Americans aren't sarcastic? Apparently that is very much what the author believes, given that she harped on this quite a few times. (is that really what non-Americans think?)

3. Did no one check grammar? (1) Exhibit A, I vs. me: "he'd give Jack and I a lift"; (2) Exhibit B, dangling participle: "Lounging on a blanket in the back garden, memories of long summer holidays from school come flooding back." - Really, memories are lounging on a
Natalia
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Warming:

This book does not have:
- A Billionaire that thinks that his God almighty
- Apha possessive man
- A manwhore
- Cheating
- OW scenes
- Doormat heroine

It was a good surprise. A light reading!
Amanda
Sep 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Short review. I enjoyed reading the slow burn between Georgie and Jack who have wonderful chemistry, what keeps me from giving this book four stars is that Georgie never gets the chance to stand up to her cousin, aunt and former friends, it felt like the story was building to it but never got there. They all treated her that she was a black sheep and accuse her of having a better-than-them-attitude which she didn't but all them surely did. If Georgie had stood up for herself and put them all in ...more
Annette
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Georgie found that her fiancee was cheating on her, right before they were to travel to Britain to her cousin's wedding. Georgie goes off the deep end and makes some impetuous decisions. There had been plans for a romantic trip to Vegas, and Georgie goes alone.
That is where she meets Jack. He is an employee of the hotel and casino and he sees Georgie on security cameras looking as though she is at the end of her rope. Jack is a good guy and he goes to check on her. Because he is a good guy, he
Peggy Jaeger
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a cute story of What Happens in Vegas SHOULD stay in Vegas….but didn’t!
Irish born Georgie has been in the US for a while, has attended “uni” and has gotten herself engaged to a concert pianist named, boringly, John. When, on the eve of leaving for her dreaded cousins’ wedding back in the UK, Georgie discovers her fiancé cheating on her, she bolts. But her family is expecting to see her and her fiancé at the wedding. What to do?

First up, she keeps her hotel reservation in Las Vegas, a st
Rachel (Rae)
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
The opening to the story is pretty funny although not so much for Georgie but it is a great start and showcases how funny Portia MacIntosh's writing can be. Georgie is complicated and there were times when I was completely on her side and then others where the situation she created caused problems and she was I guess less likeable. This definitely made her more real for me as everyone has flaws. The main point about her character for me though is that she was coming from a good place. She was tr ...more
Maria
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Georgie decides to recover from her fiasco fiancée's unfaith scene in a crazy night at Vegas... when she wakes up, she discovers that is married to the handsome Jake and he is willing to be her wedding partner in her cousin's wedding... What could go wrong?

This is a funny love story, where everything that could go wrong will go worst!
Georgie has a very sweet family, her relation with her parents and brothers puts tenderness to this story, because the future bride (Georgie cousin) and her mother
Annoushka
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Wow, this book has it all. A hilarious female protagonist with baggage issues, a super dreamy male who has a trick or two up his sleeves and a nightmare family event we can all relate to!

I’m sure you can agree most of us dread big family gatherings. We learn early on in the novel that life isn’t going so great for Georgie. After just finding out that her fiancé has been cheating on her she then has to attend a family wedding on her own…. Or will she? On a pit stop in Vegas that was supposed to b
Sharon
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-copy
3.5 Rounded up to 4

Georgie finds out that her fiancée, John, has been cheating on her. They're due to go on a romantic break to Vegas before flying to the UK for a family wedding, but Georgie ends up in Vegas alone.

Feeling like John has turned her into a twinset-wearing frump, Georgie gives herself a makeover and embraces the party atmosphere. She meets gorgeous Jack, they go drinking, and wake up married. Georgie wants to save face at her cousin's wedding in the UK, so if she can get Jack to p
Ira
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
"The Accidental Honeymoon" had me laughing out loud quite a few times so I'd strongly advise against reading it in public!
Who could resist a story like that? I can't and I really enjoyed the book even though some parts of it were a bit foreseeable. From the first vibrator gone rogue to the final HEA, I was captivated and rarely put the book down.

Watching Georgie transform into Gigi and back and maybe finding Georgina in between, was fun and it was sweet. Of course, Jack was a big part of the who
Danielle Urban
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Accidental Honeymoon was a perfect summer read. It has humor, romance, and a good dose of reality. I would give this title a perfect 5-stars if only the pacing at the beginning was a bit faster than what it was. Felt like it was sluggish. However, skip over that bit and readers like myself are entertained. I couldn't stop reading this...Portia Macintosh cleverly wove a tale that hooked its laws deeply into my soul. I had toknow what the main characters were going to do and where they would b ...more
Rachel Gilbey
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Absolutely hilarious, such a load of fun from a book that I think would make a great rom-com film.

Loved every second of this story, that you do need to stay alert while reading purely as the layers of deception do take some getting used to.

I loved Jack on so many levels, but especially the way he does his best to help Georgie from the moment he meets her. I also loved all his hints about how to spot a casino cheat, and how to cheat at cards!

Georgia manages to back herself into such a corner wit
☘Tara Sheehan☘
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Want to freak out people around you? Take this book and go to a fairly crowded pub or café. Why? The humor will have you laughing out loud to the point people will think you have lost your mind. I did not want to put this book down as it’s the perfect thing to read when you’re feeling a bit down because you won’t be for long.

Macintosh did a great job writing this fun, light-hearted story full of interesting characters. It has everything you could want in a great summer novel from friendship to r
Sophie
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Netgalley copy in exchange for an honest review.

This book made me oooooh and aaaaah and awww a lot.

I really loved it. It was sweet, very funny (I laughed out loud so many times I think I scared my roommates) and just a great read to get your mind off of things.

I loved how it was kind of obvious where it was heading, yet I did not how it would, given that Georgie (and Jack) was so accident-prone. The various messy situations she got herself into were hilarious.

I read it in one sitting.

You shou

• The Break Up
  • Love to Hate You
  • You, Me, Forever
  • The Law of Attraction
  • After the Rain (Destination Love, #4)
  • Almost a Bride (Destination Love, #2)
  • Who's Afraid of Mr Wolfe?
  • The Accidental Life Swap
  • Love You, Love You Not
  • The Great Ex-Scape
  • Probably the Best Kiss in the World
  • Finding You (Destination Love, #3)
  • It Would Be Wrong to Steal My Sister's Boyfriend (Wouldn't it?)
  • #No Filter
  • If I Never Met You
Portia MacIntosh has been ‘making stuff up’ for as long as she can remember – or
so she says. Whether it was blaming her siblings for that broken vase when she
was growing up, blagging her way backstage during her rock chick phase or,