Start by marking “Moving Maverick (Made Marian, #5)” as Want to Read:
Moving Maverick (Made Marian, #5)

Moving Maverick

(Made Marian #5)

Do you remember what you promised?”

Maverick: I haven't been back to Rabbit Island, South Carolina, since my parents died and my grandmother, Mimi, rejected me. I'm only returning now to attend her funeral and sell an estate I never wanted. But the moment I step foot on the island and fall into Beau’s arms, I realize it might not be so easy to say goodbye after all.

Beau Tal
Published March 5th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Moving Maverick, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moving Maverick

Start your review of Moving Maverick (Made Marian, #5)
Meags
3 Stars

This story and I got off to a rocky start, to say the least. At the beginning there, it was a simple case of it’s me and not you, particularly when it came to the describing of pre-story events that led to Maverick becoming a Marian in the first place. My issues stemmed from my strong opinions relating to the how and why of Maverick’s adoption, but I truly hope for other reader’s these issues won’t impact their overall enjoyment the way I know they impacted mine.

When this story begins, M
Erth
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When a new Marian family story is released it feels like a holiday - a guaranteed joyful, loving reading day. This story, like the others is a true love story involving two men, in this case two men who were best friends during the summers of their childhood, until their mid teen years. Now, I'll admit that Maverick is pretty set in his ways and not entirely loveable in the beginning. He can be funny as heck but so darned closed in. Beau, his childhood bestie, has all the charisma that Mav appea ...more
Wendy
Mar 06, 2017 marked it as dnf

I really tried, but I just couldn't get into this one. I didn't feel any connection with the MC's. Maybe I will give it another try at a later date. It's sad really, because I liked the other books in this series, especially book 1. Maybe Maverick is just not my kind of guy...who knows. I am still gonna try Dante's book when it comes out..perhaps I will like him better ;)

Not gonna rate this one because I stopped at 45% and if I don't finish... I usually don't rate either.
BWT (Belen)

The sweet HEA ending tried to make up for a lot, but I just couldn't overcome the anger I felt for most of the first half, or the rage I felt at learning the "reason" why Maverick's grandmother Mimi refused to take custody of Mav when his parents died.

This just did not work for me.

I usually really enjoy Michael Pauley's narration, but I didn't this time around. It was mainly two things:

The first is technical - there were numerous audio quality issues when the sound kept fading in and out, which
Anna lost in stories *A*
I decided to DNF this one at 25% because it just wasn’t for me… 2 stars for the things I read so far, and I have a feeling that it would be even lower if I continued reading… I found a perfect review that captures my anger and frustration over this book, so I will leave the link for you right now

BWT (Belen)’s review

not gonna lie, this makes me sad, cause I really enjoyed the first three books in this series, and more or less tolerated the fourth one…

discl
Pam Nelson
Ahh, Maverick, I enjoyed the book overall but I felt it kind of dragged just a bit and I was sad about that.
I liked both characters I think they were perfect for each other I did with Beau spoke up a little more about what he wanted I kind of felt like he expected Maverick to just know.

For everyone to then accept Maverick into the town that was sweet and I enjoyed the small town aspect of this story. I guess I just wanted a more realistic theme between the two men like he was just supposed to
Bitchie
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Chris
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
A sweet read but very slow ! For the first 70% this really dragged for me and I struggled with finding my reading zone.... however it was nice when things started to involve the Marians. Not sure about this one, it wasn't my fav in the series but I hope others love it
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Mar 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
I’m coming to believe it really doesn’t matter all that much how it happens, getting to watch a Marian boy fall in love is always going to be a wonderful thing. I think in Griff’s book I mentioned something about it not being as exciting as the others, I think after reading the next book in the series with the same vibe, the love story is what matters, again, no matter how it happens.

This was easy and very sweet.

I had a few issues with some of it. Personal type issues that didn’t weigh all that
Marion
4.50 Stars!!
I really enjoyed this fifth installation in the Made Marian series.
Moving Maverick is a really sweet and romantic read with a little angst and lots of humour to balance.
Maverick and Beau are both complex and wonderful MC's and I loved the childhood best friends angle. The sexy times are smoking hot and the outside shower scenes just hilarious! ;)
This is a wonderful addition to this addictive series.
Highly recommend.
Denise H.
May 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
A coastal compromise and true love !

East coast Beau and west coast Maverick, find out what matters most.
Beau and Maverick knew each other in school. Maverick’s folks died and his Gran wouldn’t take him in, so he went to foster care, and got lucky when the Marion’s adopted him. That big family gave him love and strength. Beau was still in Florida all of this time.
Now, in Fl. Gran died and left everything to Maverick.
He and Beau reconnect immediately, then share stories and feelings. Hot sexy
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Very enjoyable story. I'm loving these Marian family tales. And I hate to say it but it was nice to get away from the gang in California and have love find Maverick Marian on the East Coast, specifically in South Carolina.

He returns there after 15 years away when his grandmother dies and leaves her estate to him. The grandmother who would not take him in 13 years before when his parents died. Yes, the grandmother he resented for that. But who does he see upon his return? His bestie, Beau, and B
merikilller
Mar 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
SPOILERS AHEAD
I'm soooooo DISAPpOINTED!!!!!! DNF at 25%. It would be a 0 stars if I could.
Everything started great: Maverick is yummy, Beau too. Even though I couldn't understand how Mimi would be so great for everybody but her grandson, I was willing to keep reading to discover it.
But then the lying started. I hate it when they try to manipulate me and after fucking and hearing something that he does not agree with, Beau starts doing exactly that. Not only tries to manipulate Maverick, but als
Lisa Cullinan
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, mm-read
Love love love

Moving Maverick might be my new fave! Mav and Beau are just awesome together.
Maverick heads back to Rabbit Island, South Carolina after his estranged grandma dies and leaves her home in the small ocean town and all its property to him. After he arrives, he finds out his best boyhood friend, Beau, has been taking care of the home for quite some time as his grandmother’s health deteriorated. Baffled that his grandma didn’t want him after his parents’ deaths, he certainly was taken ba
Calila
I just love this series. A very sweet reunited love story. Beau and Mav were so cute together. I cared less for the townspeople, so judgemental and manipulative as a whole. But they ended being very minor aspects. I missed having the Marions play a big part, but enjoyed the little there was. I'm sad the brothers are almost all paired off. I'm gonna be so sad to finish the series.
I Dream of Dragons and Unicorns
I really didn't like this one :-/ ... thoughts to come ...

************
Alright so I made it to book #5 ... I'm looking forward to this one being better [read: way more captivating than book #4 was for me]! I don't know if I'll continue onto book #6, just because Dante's story doesn't really entice me. BUT, if I do read book #6, then that one will be a Kindle Unlimited read!! We shall see. Anyway, here we go ...
ReadingAllNite
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc-read
Another good story about one of the last unattached Marian sons, Maverick. His grandmother in North Carolina has passed away, the grandmother who didn't take him in after his parents death. He spent many summers there as a kid and when he arrives to deal with the funeral and estate, he finds his childhood friend Beau. They were 13 the last time they saw each other and 15 years have passed.

The story pretty much covers the times Mav stays on the island and his and Beau's developing romance. There
Aղցela W.
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was book 5 in the "Made Marian" series. Maverick Mitchell Marian was adopted by the Marian after his parents were killed in a car accident and his grandmother refuse to take him in. When his grandmother dies he goes back to Rabbit Island, South Carolina to attend her funeral and meets up with his old friend Beau Talmadge who he took care of and lived with her. Maverick relives all the hurt that was caused to him when his grandma didn't let him come live with her turns out she had a good ...more
AussieMum
Mar 19, 2017 marked it as nope-not-for-me-not-interested
DNF 20%

I think I'm done with this series for a long while. The magic of the first couple of books has worn off for me. It's not good or bad, just more of the same.
Emma
Apr 18, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 stars rounded up despite being annoyed by the ending. The write-up for this seems a little incorrect but not so much as to trick the unsuspecting.

Because this book mostly takes place in South Carolina we get less of the Marian family than one might expect. naturally we need an explanation of a family with so many gay sons. And the crazy old ladies are de rigueur. Marian family jumping in to help in times of need of course.

Maverick and Beau are fully functioning adults who handle well their
MoodyJess
DNF. Just couldn’t put in the effort right now. Perhaps another time. Just too bored.
namericanwordcat
The setting is the real star of book and Beau and Mav are very cute together. There is a pile of sexy times and some fun with salt and pepper shakers.

I like the romance here but the again the backstory (why Mav's grandmother gave him up) and some other elements of conflict don't really work well.

We get less of the whole family in this book but tons of couple time and a sweet romance.
Cadiva
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Hot cover sweet story

So I wrote a lengthy review on how much I loved this book and then my Kindle decided to crash on posting to Amazon so I'm not doing it all over again.

Loved the setting, loved the friendship, loved the humour, loved the shaker sets, loved the sex, loved the lack of over dramatic angst, loved the reduction in old lady inappropriate comments, loved the epilogue.

Definitely my favourite cover as well.
Pixie
Review to come...

DNF'd at 43%
Lily
Apr 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
I call bull. While I loves this series I must call bull for this book. I was also too upset about Maverick's situation to really enjoy the romance and I pretty much relied on speed reading just to get this book over with to know what BS excuse LL gave for Mimi abandoning a child. And it was not reasonable one. Mimi who owned a mansion and thus I assume had money had lots more options beside total abandonment of a child. The LEAST she could have done was set up a trust to support Maverick when he ...more
MountainKat
*4+ Stars*

Well, that was super sweet! I loved the history Maverick had with Beau and I was so glad that there was an explanation for his grandmother's actions. It might have been predictable, and the drama might have been a bit contrived, but it worked for me. I love this family and the old women are a hoot and a half! I was very happy with how it ended.

I listened to the audio of this an enjoyed it. Michael Pauley does a good job with the narration. I had a bit more trouble distinguishing whose
Denise GremoryKohta
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!!

Always makes me laugh and cry throughout the whole book. And the hurricane bit had me nervous as heck. My grandfather lives on an island off of North Carolina and it's scary seeing the storm cover the whole thing. You worry for those who stay and your heart hurts for those who come back to damaged homes.
Michelle (Sherbet Lemon)
Another perfectly acceptable book...I did really like that finally one of them is settling down outside of California (ok so Teddy and Jamie did too BUT they're still much closer to home). I knew my heart would not even be able to if they didn't settle down where they did. To me Beau and Maverick were TOO interchangeable, if I let my mind wander I very often would forget who had the perspective in the chapter. That being said I did think they were sweet together, and I liked getting to know the ...more
Emily Seelye
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
I had a little trouble getting into this one, but it was cute and funny.
Caipi
And another Marian found his perfect match! :)
This time it's Maverick's turn to find the love of his life.
To attend the funeral of his grandmother Mimi and to start all necessities to sell her estate, Maverick returns to Rabbit Island for the first time in fifteen years. There he meets again Beau, his best friend from childhood....
Aw, these two were really sweet together! :)

As usual with this series, the story contains some hot and some funny scenes. I'm really enjoying the whole series, althou

• Salvation (The Protectors, #2)
  • Forsaken (The Protectors, #4)
  • A Protectors Family Christmas (The Protectors, #5.5)
  • Retribution (The Protectors, #3)
  • Absolution (The Protectors, #1)
  • Vengeance (The Protectors, #5)
  • Redemption (The Protectors, #8)
  • Defiance (The Protectors, #9)
  • Atonement (The Protectors, #6)
  • Revelation (The Protectors, #7)
  • Finding Peace (Finding, #3)
  • Foreseen: Lex (The Four #2)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Finding Forgiveness (Finding, #4)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • Finding Trust (Finding #2)
I only keep a small list of my very favorite books and series in my bookshelf here. I read A LOT and it's hard to keep the list updated!

Made Marian (9 books)
  • Borrowing Blue (Made Marian, #1)
  • Taming Teddy (Made Marian, #2)
  • Jumping Jude (Made Marian, #3)
  • Grounding Griffin (Made Marian, #4)
  • Delivering Dante (Made Marian, #6)
  • A Very Marian Christmas (Made Marian, #7)
  • Made Mine (Made Marian, #8)
  • Made Marian Mixtape (Made Marian, #9)

News & Interviews