Start by marking “Dirty Souls (Sins Duet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Souls (Sins Duet, #2)

Dirty Souls

(Sins Duet #2)

Violet McQueen has always been a sensitive soul. Troubled and misunderstood, she never realized her place in the world, nor her true potential…until she met Vicente Bernal.

From birth, Vicente Bernal has always known his place in the world –
Published March 20th 2017 by Metal Blonde Books

To ask other readers questions about Dirty Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty Souls

Start your review of Dirty Souls (Sins Duet, #2)
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, march-2017

5 Stars!!

Holy sh*t!! What a wild ride this book turned out to be! 'Dirty Souls' is simply amazing! AMAZING!! And, for sure, the favorite book I’ve read by this author so far. It’s dark, raw, gritty and, most of all, intense and twisted. This second installment held me at the edge of my seat the entire f@cking time and I loved…LOVED every minute of it. It’s filled with heart pounding, nail biting, and anxiety inducing moments as well as action, suspense, steam and remarkable well done WTF

Candace
'Black Hearts' left off with a rather ominous vibe that honestly, left me giddy. (I know, I know. I'm kind of messed up like that.) While Violet and Vicente were getting settled in and playing house, Javier was moving in on his son and his new lover. You just knew that whatever was going to happen wasn't going to be good for the young lovers...and I couldn't wait!

In case I haven't said it enough, let me just be clear that Javier Bernal is one of my all-time favorite anti-heroes. He has owned a
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****3.75 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

I love her with my dark and dangerous heart. I love her with my wicked and dirty soul. I love her enough to raze the world around me to the very ground, just so we can be together. But I know that love, real love, lives on truth. I have to be honest with her. I have to tell her how I found her. I have to tell her who Javier Bernal is to her family.

[image error]

I am going to start my review focusing on all the positives about this story.
Alex is The Romance Fox
They are some minor spoilers - nothing major

photo 5700a8f231e5142bacdcc27353174f1c_zpsbbijqtdq.gif
Why can't I love this book as much as all my GR friends????

I so wanted to love Dirty Souls, the 2nd book in Karina Halle's Sin's Duet.
I so wanted for this book to be the "turnaround" for me after I read the 1st book, Black Hearts - which I so so not l0ved, make that, not even liked remotely!!!
I've said it before - I absolutely loved The Artists Trilogy and the first 2 books in the Dirty Angels Trilogy...so how could I go wrong with the conclusion
A.
3 Stars

I'm tired and not in a reviewing mood tonight…

But I will say it took me longer to finish this book than I had expected. That is probably because I'm not in the dark phase at the moment. I liked it but not as much as the first book. I wish it was more focused on Violet and Vincente and less on their parents. Still very enjoyable though.

Liz
~3.5 Dirty Stars~
"We're going to be okay."
description

Dirty Souls is the final book in the Sins Duet. You must read the first book in the duet Black Hearts before diving into Dirty Souls.
description
"Good people do bad things."
Dirty Souls picks up directly after Black Hearts. Violet McQueen and Vicente Bernal have discovered a wild and crazy love, and as their passion ignited in Black Hearts, it continues to burn like an inferno in this installment. Violet's parents are not who they appeared to be, and as Violet
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 “cray cray” stars!

“When I look back at my reflection, I hardly recognize the girl staring back at me. She’s not a girl at all. She’s a woman. A wild one.”

^^^crazy in an epically good way

***First off, Dirty Souls is a continuation to Black Hearts so you must read that book first!!!! Otherwise you can read this duet on its own without reading anything before it!!***

I’m not usually a fan of dark romance, but Karina Halle has me hooked!

Dirty Souls picks up right where Black Hearts left off
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

DIRTY SOULS, the sequel and conclusion to BLACK HEARTS in the SIN'S DUET is finally here!! This starts right where Black Hearts finished off. This is not a standalone it is best to read in order.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BLACK SOULS: From New York Times bestselling author Karina Halle comes DIRTY SOULS the much-anticipated, nail-biting conclusion to Black Hearts…Black Souls is spoken in multiple POVs (Violet, Vincente, Javier, Ellie)

When the truth was finally revealed about Vincent in ‘Black Hearts’
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 STARS

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

"I just need you to know that I love you with every inch of my black heart and dirty soul and I will do everything I can to keep you."

Disclaimer: If you haven't read Black Hearts - STOP READING RIGHT NOW ;) This is not a standalone.

In this installment we pick up we left off in Black Hearts. Violet just learned who Vicente really is, they are headed towards her parents' past to find answers. She feels a little bit guilty about how she left things
~♡AB♡~
4.5 Stars

Dirty Souls is the continuation of Vicente and Violet's forbidden love affair, and HOLY SHIT, what a ride!!

The first 40% or so was great, we got to join them on their journey to Palm Valley to escape their parents, Violet is still trying to come to terms with the secrets that have been kept from her all her life, and Vicente has no choice but to help the woman he has fallen madly in love with to find some answers about her past.

"For this beautiful slice in time, Vicente and I are the
Jen
I had a hard time rating this one. Part of me was so mad through out this story, that at times I wondered if I wanted to finish it...of course...I HAD to finish though!!! Then I decided it at least deserves four stars because the author got me to FEEL...and feel very passionate about what was happening during the story, that it didn't deserve to be knocked down in the rating because of my opinions!!! I know this is sounding clear as mud...but I can't tell you anything that has happened...I don't ...more
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 Brilliant Stars

"You do crazy things for love,don't you?"

I'm speechless,what a wild ride!Karina Halle delivers a dark,hot, epic love story, packed with action and suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat!!I had so many feeling while I was reading it!Most of the time I was anxious for what will happen next!!

"I'm a terribly possessive man over you."

description

"I once thought she was my weapon,now I realize she's everything to me."

Vicente and Violet were amazing.I fell even more in love with both of
Amy | Foxy Blogs
FOUR POINT FIVE STARS

Dirty Souls is the continuation of Black Hearts so if you plan to read this duet you might get tipped off in this review on where the story leads readers too.

“She’s our daughter! She’s with his son. How the fuck is any of this going to be okay?”

Let's do a little catch up from the previous book. The son of Javier, Vicente, and the daughter of his former lover (Ellie), Violet are in love and looking towards their future together. Javier, on the other hand, wants revenge on
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4 / 4.5 Stars*

"This isn't just young love. This is mad love. The kind that's incurable."

description

"Once upon a time, a sensitive young soul fell in love with a man she shouldn’t have. Where she was soft edges and feathers and dappled light through green leaves, he was hard lines and knives and dirty smoke rising from the ground."

OH HOW I LOVED THIS BOOK!

It's been a while I've read a dark read that I didn't totally hate. But I ate this story up. There was never a dull moment, was action packed,
rheeza
2.75-3 stars

I'm in a minority here so please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me. I really wanted to love this duology, in fact i was so excited to read it because i looove the artist trilogy and dirty angels trilogy but, it turned out to be a disappointment for me.

I was not invested with the main h/h at all because the story was too focus on the parents. I do not care about violet and vicente because I am too busy lamenting over the fact that my idea of the original four's happy lives was wrong.
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
"I love you, my mirlo. I love you to the point of danger. Danger because where you go, I will go. Because I will do everything and anything to keep you with me. This isn’t the end of us. There will never be an end of us. Ever."

Vicente Bernal, you rocked my world! <3

warhawke
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic suspense & drug lords
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Type: Book 2 of 2 from Sins Duet
POV: Shifting – Multiple
Rating:

Vicente Bernal thought he had it all figured out when he set out on a quest to find out about his father's past. He had never expected for his priority to changed dramatically and led him to a more dangerous path.

Violet McQueen's life was thrown into disarray when she decided to follow her heart without totally comprehending what she signed up for. Slowly but surely, she accepted the darkness seeping into
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!

photo C0E22DF3-A11C-45F6-9FB6-CF265ADAD66D_zpsah0zapjx.jpg

Violet McQueen realizes her life is full of secrets and lies. Her parents have kept a lot of their past from her growing up. She needs a break from her family, so she leaves San Francisco, & runs off with her boyfriend Vicente Bernal to her parents hometown of Palm Valley, California. She hopes they can uncover some answers. She feels safe with Vicente. Even though she now knows he's the son of a drug lord, he's still the only person she trusts right now. She's falling for Vicente
CC
description

In Dirty Souls, the timeline continues without interruption and it is a wild ride from the first page. As Vicente Bernal and Violet McQueen flee to get answers about the past, there are factions that have different motivations and they will stop at nothing to achieve their end game. During their journey, the truth slowly unfolds but lines remain blurred until the very end.

“I have changed too much. I wonder if this is something I’ll ever be able to wash from my skin.”

With Vicente and Violet
Dirty Souls is the second installment in Karina Halle's dark romance duology: Sins Duet. The first installment: Black Hearts ended on a "to be continued" and this one picks up right where the first one leaves off. This continuation is definitely deserving of its own book though...Ms. Halle wasn't just out to make a few extra bucks by splitting up the story. Dirty Souls takes the main characters from the setting of Violet's sheltered life in San Francisco and throws them head first into Javier's ...more
Betül
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"I love her with my dark and dangerous heart. I love her with my wicked and dirty soul."

Dirty Souls is the conclusion to Vicente and Violet's forbidden love story. I was really looking forward to this book because things were about to go down. I didn't know what to expect and was pretty much ready for anything to happen. In dark romances you have to be open-minded and understand why some characters are the way they are and do the things they do.
Jayme
The conclusion of Sins Duet is here and OMG it's pretty good!

After all that happened in the first part we all waited for the finale and how the hell is going to go. I send you back to my review of Black Hearts because I wrote quite a lot about the story and the characters there. And there is no way to go without this and spoilers are not my thing.

What I can tell you is that the second part
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
When we closed the book on Ellie Watt, Camden McQueen and Javier Bernal so long ago, we left old wounds to fester, old secrets to slither, old lies to lay in wait. And as with anything suppressed for so long, the eruption of the truth was sure to be explosive. Still, I had no idea what Karina Halle had in store in this duet. This duet is the release of that darkness, the boiling over of old deceit and heartbreak bringing forth a new kind of devastation. Dirty Souls is a lifetime of cons and ...more
S.M. West
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing

An awesome ending to this fabulous duet! This was one wild ride that tossed me around, had me white knuckled, holding my breath!

My emotions were all over the place with this second book as my thoughts and feelings for some characters went from love to hate, acceptance to pure denial. And the story was intense. So intense as the culmination of the past, present and future collide.

And Vicente and Violet are great characters. I love how both of them have light and dark within them, and we get to
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)

Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

After the slightly disappointing first book in the Sins Duet, I was hoping that Dirty Souls would make up for what I didn’t feel in Black Hearts by actually making me grow invested in Vicente and Violet’s star-crossed romance. It didn’t, BUT I will say it was a hell of a conclusion to the McQueens’ and Bernals’ story. It’s nonstop action and insanely hot, filthy sex. It’s a no-holds-barred kind of read, which I admired. If you loved Black Hearts, you will
Sterling
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dirty Souls
Karina Halle

This is the last installment of the Black Hearts Duet.
The story continues where Vicente and Violet ran in to sunset and the quest for the truth begun. Violet has a lot of questions and the answers are just within reach and Vicente will help her get all of it. If it helps Vicente is also intrigued as hell.
Starting when she found out of the real story between her father and her mother. When she finally found out that Ben was her half brother and her mom was Javier's ex.
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author.

Karina knows how to write a good dark romance.
Dirty Souls classifies as a romantic suspense, it is a second book in a duet, told from multiple POV's.
You have to read Black Hearts first to fully enjoy this.

In Dirty Souls we continue following Vicente's and Violet's forbidden love, and trust me, it was one hell of a ride.
Karina's writing can keep me awake all night long, and that is something that I am used to.
Apart from creating these amazing sexy alpha males,
Sandra Cortez
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Who the fuck am I? 4 FIVE STARS in a row. LOL. DAMNNNN I loved this duet. Sins & Needles fans this series will make you all kinds of giddy. I bloody loved it. It was like going back home after a lonnnng vacation.
AJ
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
“This isn’t just young love … This is mad love. The kind that’s incurable.”

Damn, this book was a wild ride! Dark, gritty and sexy, totally unexpected and breathtakingly exciting, I struggled to put it down.

4 wild stars

This book picks up right after the end of Black Hearts, following Violet and Vicente on their journey to learn more about Violet’s family history. On their own and crazy for each other, the intensity of their relationship is instantly recaptured and I loved their wild, dirty,
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
“This is us.
This is the edge of danger.
This is a love that has changed everything for everyone.”

4.5 STARS

Hero: 8/10
Humour: 1/10
Hotness: 4/10
Romance: 8/10
Extra book Details: Heroine & Hero POV; 1st person. Some 3rd person chapters. The duet can be read as a stand alone.

Brilliant second and final instalment to the Sins Duet. It was perfectly dark, emotional and action filled with an explosive ending.

I kind of felt the show was
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Kiss Me (Kiss of Death #2)
  • The Obsession (Filthy Rich Americans, #2)
  • The Deception (Filthy Rich Americans, #3)
  • Kill Me (Kiss of Death, #1)
  • Dishonored
  • Knox: Volume 1 (Knox, #1)
  • The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans, #1)
  • Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)
  • Further To Fall
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • Riven Knight (Tin Gypsy, #2)
  • Beauty: The End (Hate Story, #2)
  • Tight
  • Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles #3)
  • Violent Ends (White Monarch, #2)
  • Red. (Den of Mercenaries, #1)
  • King of Hearts (Old Money Roulette #2)
Karina Halle is a former travel writer & music journalist and The New York Times, Wall Street Journal & USA Today Bestselling author of The Swedish Prince, The Pact, Love, in English, The Artists Trilogy, Bad at Love & over 55 other wild and romantic reads. She lives on an island off the coast of British Columbia with her husband and her adopted pup Bruce, where she drinks a lot of ...more

Sins Duet (2 books)
  • Black Hearts (Sins Duet, #1)
“Some would say karma, but Javier never much believed in that. What he did believe in was that sooner or later, everyone will be at the same level, everything will even out. It was just luck if you were alive to see it happen.” 2 likes
“This is us. This is the edge of danger. This is a love that has changed everything for everyone.” 1 likes