Start by marking “Her Own Hero” as Want to Read:
Her Own Hero

Her Own Hero

Samantha Tilson is a struggling showgirl who's always relied on her womanly charm and sex appeal to survive. Swept off her feet by a Spanish stud, she thinks she's finally met the man who will save her. It's not until she's under gunfire and running from the law that she realizes, only she can save herself.
Published March 16th 2017 by Jan-Carol Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Her Own Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Own Hero

Teresa
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in a weekend because I had to know how it ended. There's something about the way Jenn writes that draws you in and keeps you turning the pages. It was quite different than her first three books, yet it had the same inspiring and empowering tone. The only downfall was that I wished it was longer.
Nancy Tran
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a very good book. There was romance, action, adventure, a lot of suspense and a really nice ending.
Jenn Sadai
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
My goal was to write a thrilling, fictional story about a flawed, yet resilient survivor who ultimately saves herself. Based on the reviews I've already received, I can state with confidence that I did exactly that.

"Such a lovely story with a strong moral message, I'm very impressed with this book. It is so tightly written and so well paced that I can't find anything negative to say about it. There are several moments in the book that are hilarious, but when I finished the book, I knew I had re
Suzanne
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
I throughly enjoyed this book!

Themes of women’s empowerment are heavy throughout the book. This is not only a thrilling suspense, but an empowering women’s fiction novel sure to satisfy fans of books where the heroine reclaims her power (and her identity) despite the seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
April Wood
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank the author for the complimentary copy.

Her Own Hero, by Jenn Sadai, is a suspenseful women’s fiction novel about a Vegas Showgirl named Samantha whose life is turned upside down when Mr. Right turns out to be anything but. Following a thrilling series of events, Samantha learns how to take care of herself, becoming her own hero.

Samantha’s life has never been easy. At a young age, she learned how to survive in complete chaos. As a teen and young woman, she uses her looks and
Andrea Sandor
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a pick me up!
This book is excellent! I loved it !
The story line is engaging and the characters are great!
I highly recommend this book it's a must read!
Melanie Maloney
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced and suspenseful with lesson learned about finding ones own strength! Sam lived a hard life and made some bad choices but ultimately learned she doesn't need a man to give her a happy ending. Only she can do that for herself! A great lesson for us all.
Diane A
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced copy of this book from the author. The story is about a Las Vegas showgirl who encounters many ups and downs in her hectic life which covers a lot of territory, both geographically and emotionally. There is something for everyone in this book--romance, intrigue, murder, suspense, and the excitement of cheering on the protagonist in the encounters that come her way. It is a page-turner, you won’t want to put it down. Put this one on your ‘must-read’ list!
Diane
Christine B.
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic read! You won't want to put it down. Samantha, a Las Vegas showgirl, takes you along on her many dramatic, suspenseful, exciting, sometimes dangerous adventures; never quite sure what's coming next. You feel like you're right there with her, cheering her on. A highly recommended read!!
Christine
Deb Birchard
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was super well written! I couldn't put it down!! Author Jenn Sadai managed to capture a bit of everything in this story - from romance and passion to suspense to compassion and inspiration. Entertaining all the way through with a powerful message that everyone should hear (or read). Highly recommended!
L.S.
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Her Own Hero sets off at a smart pace from the start, when Vegas showgirl Sam Tilson invites us into her world. Having overcome many struggles as a child, with a mother who wandered in and out of her life at whim , and then later as she was drawn into the murky underbelly of drugs and prostitution, Sam is already doing a great job of standing on her own two feet.
If only the money she earned lasted the whole month!
Drawn to the handsome Esteban Ramirez by his good looks and smooth charm, she is s
Sue Nantais
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Give me more Jenn. Loved it!
Patricia Sanchez
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to the author for send me a copy of her book, it was provided to me in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this book so much, It was a fantastic and powerful read.

I really liked the way Jenn writes, it’s brilliant and really entertaining the way she tells the story. I couldn’t put the book down!
Samantha story was really interesting. I enjoyed reading about her life and loved her journey. It was great and satisfying to read how she was recovering her life, everything was amazing.

I r
Jo Carter
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great, great story! Super interesting and gripping. The female lead is strong and brave, but also flawed. She is believable and relatable. I loved her journey.

The beginning with Esteban and the escape were the most engrossing, but it was definitely satisfying to see Sam piece her life back together in the later chapters.

I would definitely read more of Jenn's work after this gem of a book <3 :)

Disclaimer: This novel was provided to me in exchange for an honest review. This in no way affected
Anishkumar
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not your typical romance, which I liked. I loved the lead character, Sam, and was impressed with her journey. I'll have to check out the author's other books.
Chelsea Girard
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sam Tilson is a struggling showgirl who’s always relied on her womanly charm and sex appeal to survive. Swept off her feet by a Spanish stud, she thinks she’s finally met the man who will save her. It's not until she's under gunfire and running from the law that she realizes, only she can save herself.
----
This is the second book I’ve read by Jenn Sadai and I loved this one even more than the last, if that’s even possible! I was drawn in from page one and I read the entire book in one sitting! Sa
Liz
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I started reading Her Own Hero on Saturday afternoon and broke plans with my sister on Sunday, just so I could finish it. It's sexy, suspenseful, empowering and has a pretty unique twist compared to typical thrillers. I really love the way Jenn Sadai writes. Her first fictional story was as inspiring and relatable as her memoirs. I'm curious to see what she comes up with next.
Tony Parsons
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Las Vegas, NV. Samantha “Sam” Mae Tilson (Planet Hollywood showgirl) was just out/about & met Esteban Ramirez (Spanish hunk).
He had his own Carlotta (80’ yacht) at the Callville Bay Marina. That had been his mother’s name.
They cruised Las Vegas Bay-Lake Mead.
Next stop for supper Marché Bacchus restaurant.
He lived in the exclusive Ridges Las Vegas.
His business ventures entailed high-end luxury homes & 5* office rental complexes.
Another night Spago restaurant. Mr. Wolfgang Puck at your s
Camay
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down! I stayed up until 2am two days in a row to complete this short read. It was full of suspense and excitement on every page, keeping me focused on one thing, “How in the world is she going to survive this?” I mean, just when I thought one situation was going to work itself out, another circumstance presented itself which made survival seem impossible. Each time I read one of Jenn’s books, my heart is filled with love, compassion, grace, forgiveness and joy and altho ...more
Litsa
Jul 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-read
Easy Read. I did not really feel the character. The story seemed rush a bit.
Kathryn
May 03, 2019
Carrie Stevens
rated it did not like it
Apr 24, 2019
Kim Harrison
Aug 02, 2017
Jul 20, 2017
Fragrant Flower
Aug 01, 2017
Jim Walter
One of my favorite reads, ever. You really fele for the protagonist as she leaves her home, her country, then finds her strength in a new country when she finds her voice at a shelter. The only regret you'll have is that hte book isn't longer.
Jul 11, 2018
Chris
Apr 18, 2017
Jasmine
Apr 19, 2017
Making Connections: 4884. - HER OWN HERO by Jenn Sadai 6 15 Apr 13, 2017 12:27PM

• The Best Small Fictions 2016
  • The Gardener's Companion to Medicinal Plants: An A-Z of Healing Plants and Home Remedies
  • The Unlove Spell
  • The Odyssey of Homer
  • La Storia: Five Centuries of the Italian American Experience
  • Chosen (Chosen, #1)
  • Foods That Fight Pain: Revolutionary New Strategies for Maximum Pain Relief
  • Bring on the Night (WVMP Radio, #3)
  • The BTK Murders: Inside the "Bind Torture Kill" Case that Terrified America's Heartland
  • The Word-Loss Diet
  • The Wasting of Borneo: Dispatches from a Vanishing World
  • Winter's Scars: The Forsaken (Winter's Saga, #5)
  • And They Danced by the Light of the Moon
  • The Mayflower: The Families, the Voyage, and the Founding of America
  • Her Favorite Hot Doc (Windy City Romance #3)
  • Heartbreaker
  • A Perilous Promise (Pennyfoot Hotel Mystery Book 0)
  • Pressed Pennies
Jenn Sadai has combined her love of writing with her passion for empowering women into two inspiring series. The Self-esteem Series is comprised of four non-fiction stories that tackle various issues that impact women’s self-esteem. Her first book, Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman delves into the dark consequences of domestic violence, drug use, and depression.
Dirty Secrets of