Start by marking “Magic of Wind and Mist: The Wizard's Promise; The Nobleman's Revenge” as Want to Read:
Magic of Wind and Mist: The Wizard's Promise; The Nobleman's Revenge

Magic of Wind and Mist: The Wizard's Promise; The Nobleman's Revenge

(The Hanna Duology #1-2)

Taking place in the world of Cassandra Rose Clarke’s Magic of Blood and Sea, this is the story of a would-be witch who embarks on an adventure filled with intrigue, mystery, mermaids, and magic.

Hanna has spent her life hearing about the adventures of her namesake Ananna, the lady pirate, and assassin Naji, and dreams to have some adventures of her own.

One day when Hanna is
Published October 24th 2017 by Gallery / Saga Press

Esmay
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“As he hummed, a glow brightened inside of him, and he was illuminated like a magic-cast lantern, pale blue light competing with the Mists brightness.”

3 Stars.

While I really enjoyed this book it was nowhere near as good as Magic of Blood and Sea was. I liked the story itself yet the ending was rushed and quick. It was enjoyable and had potential, but lacked some depth for me.
mith
you can find this review on my blog!
---
I was not sure if I would like this book considering what I felt about Clarke's other series set in this world. So imagine my surprise when I found myself liking it better.

I will admit that this duology didn't intrigue me as much as Blood and Sea. For one, there weren't any pirates or assassins. I was worried I would be bored, but something I noticed almost immediately was how different the writing was!

Part of what bothered me about Ananna's series was tha
Sionna
DNF @ 25%

I was a bit disappointed with this. I just can't handle the keeping information from the main character trope anymore. She asks continuously what is going on-- told it is so adult, only for it to be so silly. The main character walks off and is like starting a life... I just got a bit bored with it :/
Jacqie
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: didnt-finish
This book seems charming enough, but I don't have the patience for it right now.

It's a thick book. At 80 pages in, this is what has happened: Hanna, our main character, has been taken by her fisherman mentor to an island. He did this without consulting her or letting her know what's going on. At this island, they picked up another person. Now they are sailing again. No one will tell Hanna where they are going or why, because .... I don't know. Hanna has also made contact with a beautiful boy who
Karla
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This duology was as good as the Magic of Blood and Sea one with The Assassin's Curse and The Pirate's Wish. It was great rereading an updated and revised version of The Wizard’s Promise and finally being able to read the unreleased The Nobleman’s Revenge in this Magic of Wind and Mist.

Everything fell into place while I was reading and I found myself liking the characters and the adventures even more this time around, and I was happily surprised to see a small cameo from Ananna and Naji! I wante
KristaLyn A. Vetovich
I have been waiting for this book for four years since I read The Wizard's Promise. I loved the Assasin's Curse books by Cassandra Rose Clarke and I couldn't wait to see how this new duology in the same universe would end.

In Magic of Wind and Mist, Hanna is a fisherman's apprentice with dreams of becoming a skilled witch and having adventures like the ones her mother had as a pirate. She gets what she asked for when a normal fishing trip turns into something much more dangerous, but it's nothin
Lara
I read the first half of this duology years ago and really liked it, though I didn't actually remember anything more about it than...boats? by this point. Still, I really liked the first book again, and was very excited to get the rest of Hanna's story, only...eh. The second book felt rushed and clunky and...like it lost itself somewhere along the way. I couldn't feel the romance (though I can appreciate the role reversal there in an academic sense), and Trystan...I didn't totally get him, or An ...more
Drucilla
Dec 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c
The book does a great job of expanding this world and I really liked Hanna as a character. She was so practical and every decision she made was met with my "yasss". Hanna acts the way I would in this situation which was very gratifying. However, I was ultimately disappointed in this book. I felt like it didn't live up to the amazingness that was The Assassin's Curse and The Pirate's Wish. That could also just be me because Naji and Ananna were so great it was hard to live up to them, (view spoil ...more
Mackenzie (bookish_black_hole)
I didn't fall in love with this one like I did Clarke's first duology but I still liked it a lot! The beginning third was a bit frustrating, because everyone was keeping things from Hanna and they claimed it was better that way, even though that never works out well for anyone. It did get better though. I liked that this book explored a different part of the world than the first duology; it was really cool to see what the Mists are actually like. The main characters were okay, I just didn't feel ...more
Regina Tam
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was years ago that I read the Wizard's Promise when it was under a publisher called Strange Chemistry? i think. Hannah's story was unfinished when the publishers went out of business, so I was super excited when I found out Magic of Wind and Mists was the continuation and combination of the previous story in one. I loved the story and the world then and after finishing this book, I kind of miss it already. It was great seeing a cameo of the characters from Assassin's Curse. Though some critic ...more
Gillia
Aug 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book and it kept me reading through to the end. However, it felt a little cobbled-together, like three books in one. It also started quite slowly, as if it was trying to figure out where it wanted to go. As someone who's started writing and then come back to a lot of stories, it felt a bit like the author began the book and it evolved on her through writing. I'm not sure I'll read anymore in the series, but the overall feeling of the book was calm, fresh, cool, and interesting - a ...more
Tia Myers
Exceptional character development and world building, and I very much enjoyed the main protagonist and agreed with her choices and feelings. The pacing of the story, however, is what ruined it for me. The story was very slow (which can be ok) until the end, at which point it felt like all of the action in the entire story was crammed into 100 pages. Further, the great villain anticipated throughout the book was defeated with relative ease... which is always quite a let down.
Overall, worth the r
Susie
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
A good young adult fantasy book. (A rare find). I didn't even think of it as YA until I was half way through when the main character did something unusually stupid. I enjoyed the world building although there were times when I think the story could have moved more quickly, but perhaps this added to the texture of the story.
Stephanie
I give this book a solid 3 stars. I did enjoy the story, but it didn't captivate me like the previous duology by Cassandra. I kept finding myself missing the excitement. There were also a bunch of typos, almost like it wasn't looked over carefully.
Smallfry
This was a decent connecting side story/follow-up to Magic of Blood And Sea (The Assassins Curse + The Pirates Wish). Though I cant honestly say that I personally enjoyed it as much as I did Magic of Blood and Sea.
USOM
Oct 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I so wanted to love this, Hanna is such a great character and I loved the relationship between her and Isolfr and their friendship, but I felt that they were not deep enough. We found out about the details we had to, but not enough extras that made them come to life. Additionally, the plot was long winded for the first part of the book, so releasing this as a duology was a necessity in that respect. There were parts of the books where I felt it was a long tangent that was important for Hanna's c ...more
Edith

* Plot -3/5
* Romance/Steam - 2/5
* Drama/Conflict/Angst - 3/5

* Writing Style - 3/5

I really liked the other series but this spin-off just wasn't for me...
Dawn
Good enough to make me read it when I don't usually read science-fiction, well written, l but I stopped around page 164 and didn't continue
Mo
Nov 19, 2017
mo
Dec 29, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Tempo (Elemental Symphony #1)
  • Daughter of Dragons (The Legacy of Dragons, #1)
  • Indigo
  • Fallen Prince (Fallen Trilogy, #1)
  • Kingfisher
  • The Ten Thousand Doors of January
  • Harry Potter Colouring Book #3 Magical Places & Characters
  • Court of Lions (Mirage, #2)
  • The Sleeping Life (Eferum, #2)
  • The Monster of Elendhaven
  • Olive
  • Of Sorrow and Such
  • Pale Dog (Marla Mason, Prequel #3)
  • A Fading Sun (The Sunpath Cycle #1)
  • The Buccaneer's Apprentice (The Cassaforte Chronicles, #2)
  • The Shadowmagic Trilogy
  • Nevermore -- FREE PREVIEW EDITION (The First 16 Chapters): The Final Maximum Ride Adventure
  • Scholar's Plot (Knight and Rogue, #5)
Cassandra Rose Clarke is a speculative fiction writer living amongst the beige stucco and overgrown pecan trees of Houston, Texas. She graduated in 2006 from The University of St. Thomas with a bachelor’s degree in English, and in 2008 she completed her master’s degree in creative writing at The University of Texas at Austin. Both of these degrees have served her surprisingly well.

During the summe

The Hanna Duology (2 books)
  • The Wizard’s Promise (The Hanna Duology, #1)
  • The Nobleman’s Revenge (The Hanna Duology, #2)