Start by marking “The Serenity Handbook: The Official Crew Member's Guide to the Firefly-Class Series 3 Ship” as Want to Read:

If youve ever wondered what its like to soar through space like a leaf on the wind in a Firefly spaceship, this is the manual for you.

"You ever sail in a Firefly?"

The Allied Spacecraft Corporation's Firefly-class transport ship has become a favorite among smugglers on the Rim worlds since the Independence War. The spacecraft's many nooks, crannies, and hidden
Published July 3rd 2018 by Insight Editions

To ask other readers questions about The Serenity Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Serenity Handbook

Start your review of The Serenity Handbook: The Official Crew Member's Guide to the Firefly-Class Series 3 Ship
Milan Pohl
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nádherně zpracovaná kniha, která je ve své podstatě "manuálem" k lodi Serenity, zkompilovaným a sepsaným samotnými členy posádky. Kromě relativně detailních průřezů, nákresů, schémat a plánků obsahuje také popisy jednotlivých sekcí lodi (včetně můstku, raketoplánů, strojovny, ale také záchranných modulů - věděli jste, že na Serenity jsou hned dva? - či přechodových komor). K nejčtivějším a nejvtipnějším pasážím patří poznámky, jimiž si členové posádky navzájem komentují své texty.

Vizuálně je
Teri Uktena
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm not sure what this was trying to do or be other than to cash in on Firefly fandom. The notes in the margin from "the crew" were annoying at best. It was like having people talking behind you as you're trying to watch a movie. I wanted them to be fun, but they just weren't. There are schematics, but these are things we've seen in other books and far less detailed. There are bios of each character, which doesn't make sense if this is a tech manual. Each character "wrote" their own and only ...more
Janet
Jun 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Really lovely execution and a lot of fun.
The illustrations and other graphic elements were great! The personalities and quirks of the crew came through. I could hear each distinctive voice. I often chuckled over comments.
Unfortunately I have intermittent issues with my eyesight, the fonts used for handwritten notes were impossible for me to decipher on bad vision days. I would probably give this book 4 stars if it had been easier to read.
To a fan of Firefly, this book will be well worth your
Valerie Sells
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what I expected with this book exactly, though it's usually a fair bet that I'll enjoy anything to do with Firefly. Marc Sumerak has done a wonderful job putting this together. I can hear the characters speaking the words that are supposed to be written by them, plus the overall 'scrapbook' idea of the book works really well and looks so good. I love it.
Amanda
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The ultimate guide to the 'verse, Serenity the Firefly-Class Series 3 Ship, the crew of Serenity, and all the personalities, places, and adventures you fell in love with watching the show. The scrapbook style and scribblings from the crew bring it to life, as does the photo album in the back. Would recommend for any and every person who ever loved Firefly and bears the badge of Browncoat.
Mark Adkins
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
An interesting book about the ship Serenity from the TV show Firefly and movie Serenity. Now this book is designed for and most likely would only appeal to fans of the show. It describes all aspects of the fictional ship from its engines to the configuration of the ship with comments from the characters of the show.

If you are a Browncoat I am sure you will enjoy this book.
Bryan Borgman
Dec 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book! Perfect for any Browncoat-wearing fan of Joss's beloved series.
Matthew Sciarrino
Arne
Jul 29, 2018
Tirzah
Aug 04, 2018

• Firefly: Big Damn Hero (Firefly #1)
  • Plotted: A Literary Atlas
  • Dead Weight (Cold Case Psychic #4)
  • Cinemaps: An Atlas of 35 Great Movies
  • Dead To Me (Cold Case Psychic #5)
  • Dead Ringer (Cold Case Psychic #6)
  • Spellbound (A Cold Case Psychic Spin Off, #2)
  • Dead in the Water (Cold Case Psychic #7)
  • Dead Silent (Cold Case Psychic #3)
  • Dead of Night (Cold Case Psychic #8)
  • That Old Magic (A Cold Case Psychic Spin Off #4)
  • Blood Song (A Cold Case Psychic Spin Off #3)
  • Hunter's Curse (A Cold Case Psychic Spin Off, #5)
  • Merry and Bright (Cold Case Psychic Spin Off #6)
  • Dead Man Walking (Cold Case Psychic #9)
  • Dead to the World (Cold Case Psychic #10)
  • Tiny Dancer (Cold Case Psychic Spin off #7)
  • Love Potion 69 (Cold Case Psychic Spin Off #7.5)