Start by marking “Goldie Vance, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Goldie Vance, Vol. 3

Goldie Vance, Vol. 3

(Goldie Vance #9-12)

Catch up with the coolest new girl detective on the block, Goldie Vance.

Sixteen-year-old Marigold “Goldie” Vance has an insatiable curiosity with dreams of one day becoming a detective. Luckily, she lives at a Florida resort with her dad, who manages the place, and with a rotating roster of guests and events, there’s bound to be some mystery afoot! With the Prescription On
Published November 21st 2017 by BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Goldie Vance, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goldie Vance, Vol. 3

Start your review of Goldie Vance, Vol. 3
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Maybe my favorite volume yet? THIS SERIES IS SO GOOD.
Alice-Elizabeth (Prolific Reader Alice)
I'm honestly addicted to the Goldie Vance series, mysteries, adventures and a cute f/f romance! Bright and colourful to read. ...more
Chad
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This book is so much damn fun. Goldie gets to merge her love of racing and mysteries together as she tries to track down a saboteur at the racetrack. This is a great LGBTQ friendly comic for all ages. Noah Hayes's art has a crisp and clean look to it coupled with Sarah Stern's retro animation style colors. Everything about this book is great. ...more
kate
BEST VOLUME YET.

Girls supporting girls, an effortless f/f relationship, female empowerment, sabotage, character development, an all girl mechanic crew, a racially diverse cast of characters and an addictive plot. This series is a breath of fresh air and an absolute delight to read.
Krista Regester
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
The colors alone in this series are exquisite!
Eleni Ouzouni (Life is Art)
4/⭐

Maybe the best vol. so far 😁
Steph
another fun volume, and this time we have sabotaged racecars and childhood enemies turned partners in crimesolving!! i absolutely love the new nuance and development to sugar maple's character!

i think the art has matured a lot for this volume, especially goldie's character design. in the first few volumes she looked super young, but now she actually seems like a teenager.

i'm still digging the old school slang and clothes, and i love that goldie's gang always bands together for the climax. the my
Emma
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
In this volume I reevaluated Sugar Maple so much, in the end she was really good and came through with the promise made to Goldie. And also I really did appreciate the fact that Maple has all girl mechanics for her racing car, it was just so nice to see something like this.
Goldie keeps being the fantastic character she's always been, I just love her.
This series is just the cutest. You should definitely read it if you want a funny mystery comic filled with diverse and relatable characters.
Anna lost in stories *A*
this was a good addition to the series :) I quite liked it and decided to give it 4 stars :) the mystery was interesting, the art style is as always cute and colorful :) I adore the FF romance in this series, although I wish we would see more of it on the pages of the comic book… I have one more installment of this on my shelf, but after that I’m not sure if I will continue with the series… don’t get me wrong, it’s (mostly) fun and entertaining, but the stories don’t really stay with me for long ...more
Devann
Another cute volume in this series. I never really have much to say about this series but they're always quick reads and the art and stories are cute if a bit simplistic. It is nice to have a vintage style comic with so much diversity though, and also with tons of cute girls who love to race cars [even though I personally know NOTHING about cars lol]. It's maybe a bit too kitschy for me at times but I think it's still a really great title. ...more
Nina
Aug 15, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2021
Such a fun read!

instagram || my blog || twitter
anna (½ of readsrainbow)
rep: mixed-race Black sapphic mc, Black characters, sapphic li

childhood friends to enemies to reluctant partners??? love to see that
Scarllet ✦ iamlitandwit
My favorite volume yet! RTC.
K.
Trigger warnings: hit and run, car accident, explosions, sabotage.

Despite giving them the same rating, I feel like I enjoyed this more than volume 2, if only because it returned more to the side characters who cropped up in the first volume and it was nice to see them again.

Anyway, this was a fun mystery and I enjoyed the character growth that this volume contained. The art is, as always, stunning and I had an all around delightful time reading this!
Erica
Hold up!
When did Diane and Goldie become an item?
They're dating? How long has that been going on?
Did that happen in the first volume and I just don't remember?
I thought they were only on flirting terms but suddenly, they're kissing and I feel like I missed something.

So we have a new illustrator and while his pictures aren't quite as squeetastically adorable as Brittney Williams', these illustrations bring back the feeling of whimsy and expressiveness I so enjoyed in the first volume. I felt it w
Rena
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Now this is back to the fun Goldie Vance I know. Much more action throughout and as always, excellent artwork. I'm looking forward to Volume 4. 💖 ...more
Claire
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
LOTS OF CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT MY FAVORITE
Lata
I love the artwork! It beautifully complements Goldie Vance’s energy and exuberance. Here, she takes on a case of potential sabotage of race car driver Sugar Maple’s auto. Sugar is determined to win, and Goldie reluctantly helps the racer, as they’ve had a fractious relationship since childhood.
There are lots of suspects, and Goldie eventually finds her culprit. And a staunch friend in Sugar.
This was a fun episode, with Goldie getting a chance to rope in all her friends. Looking forward to Goldi
Maggie Gordon
I really appreciate that Goldie Vance exists. It's everything I want from Nancy Drew, including the retro vibe, but with a contemporary social norms. In this volume, Goldie has to solve a mystery surrounding her arch-frenemy: Sugar Maple! The mystery in this one is weak unfortunately, even for a kiddie book. But the character interactions are what make this one fun! ...more
shannon✨
Feb 28, 2021 rated it it was amazing
This was such a page turner! I was so curious of what would happen and who was behind everything. And of course I also loved the art style!
mads ☆ミ
Apr 19, 2021 rated it liked it
i’m on a roll at this point and still finding this comic series very wholesome and a great stress-reliever :)
Susan
Mar 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was my favourite volume of Goldie Vance yet! I think this might be because it was more based in reality than the previous story lines. It was great to see more depth to Sugar Maple than just a villain. I have to admit this series is growing on me!
Deborah
May 18, 2021 rated it really liked it
Shelves: florida
Goldie gets knocked off of her bike and the car driver takes off leaving her bike totaled. Goldie and her archenemy, Sugar Maple, agree to put their differences aside for Goldie to join her all female pit crew team. Goldie loves fast cars. Someone has been sabotaging Sugar’s race car. Out of nowhere Goldie and her crush, Diane, are in a smoochfest. Did I miss a book or this part of the story? An enjoyable comic of a girl detective set in an idyllic Florida in the early 1960s.
Sara
These comics continue to warm my heart!! Loved the car racing and I love getting to know more about Sugar.

ps. The views expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the views of Indigo Books & Music Inc. or any of its subsidiaries. #IndigoEmployee
Kienie
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wish this were the first story. This is about the right size for a mystery for a teen detective. The other two stories were in that too-fantastical but not fantastical enough area. This feels just right.
Natalie
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this series.
connie
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
4/5 stars

It's been a while since I read volume 2, but I can confirm I'm still LIVING for Diane and Goldie. I loved Sugar's development and seeing her and Goldie grow out of their life-long status as nemesis's, and I really like where they left off with her this volume. I'm sad that other characters from previous volumes weren't as prominent, but I feel it was important to focus in on Sugar and Goldie after how far they've come since volume 1.

Hopes for volume 4? MORE DIANE AND GOLDIE I BEG
Helen Hnin
The previous volumes were great but this one really takes the cake. (view spoiler)

Favorite lines:

"I'm almost there. I can feel it in my bones."
"What you're feeling are somatic symptoms brought on by prolonged sleep deprivation."

(view spoiler)
Chessa
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goldie continues to rock

I loved the enemies to reluctant allies thing this arc has going on - Goldie is hired by her nemesis Sugar Maple (!) to help her figure out who is trying to sabotage her. Goldie and her girlfriend Diane continue to be freaking adorable. This comic is so fun!
Jim Leesch
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series continues to be a light in my life. I will never tire of the art aesthetic.

And can I take a minute to remark on how well written Goldie’s relationship to her partner is? It’s completely normal, and unremarkable. Which is . . . remarkable. You get it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Lumberjanes, Vol. 10: Parents' Day
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 18: Horticultural Horizons
  • Ghosted in L.A., Vol. 1
See top shelves…
Hope Larson is an American illustrator and comics artist. Hope Larson is the author of Salamander Dream, Gray Horses, Chiggers, and Mercury. She won a 2007 Eisner Award. She lives in Los Angeles, California.

Goldie Vance (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Goldie Vance #1 (Goldie Vance, #1)
  • Goldie Vance #2 (Goldie Vance, #2)
  • Goldie Vance #3 (Goldie Vance, #3)
  • Goldie Vance #4 (Goldie Vance, #4)
  • Goldie Vance #5 (Goldie Vance, #5)
  • Goldie Vance #6
  • Goldie Vance #7
  • Goldie Vance #8 (Goldie Vance, #8)
  • Goldie Vance #9 (Goldie Vance, #9)
  • Goldie Vance #10 (Goldie Vance, #10)