Start by marking “The Backstagers, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The Backstagers, Vol. 2

The Backstagers, Vol. 2

(The Backstagers #2)

All the world's a stage . . . but what happens behind the curtain is pure magic—literally!

Jory and the rest of the Backstagers have one goal this semester: to put on the best show their town’s ever seen. But best laid plans aren’t easy to achieve when there’s an entire magical world that lives beyond the curtain! When one of the actors suddenly goes missing, the Backstager
Published February 13th 2018 by BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about The Backstagers, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Backstagers, Vol. 2

Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Seriously y’all these are adorable and I’m obsessed. It’s like Lumberjanes but indoors lmao
Alison
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
OMG I LOVE THESE LITTLE NERDY BACKSTAGERS SO MUCH THEY ARE MY HEART AND JOY OK
also this has ROMANCE and yes there are m/m romances!!!!!!!! and it is hecka cute
Jes Reads
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just as friggin cute as ever. Sounds like I need to find the 3rd one at my library ASAP.
Shan(Littleirishbookcat)
I'm laughing so much right now, the actors in this graphic novel were so extra! However I loved them and the backstage crew. I liked how the story continued on from volume one and I enjoyed the conclusion. Another middle grade graphic novel to add to my collection. I'm so happy kids nowadays have wonderful graphic novels like these, super diverse and really sweet with characters you can't help but love!

Highly recommended. Especially if you enjoyed The Lumberjanes this defiantly gave me similar
Mehsi
Ahhhhh, noooo it cannot end! Though it did end up perfectly, but no no no, I need more Backstagers!

Those are my reactions when I reached the ending of this book. I just love The Backstagers and this was one hell of an awesome volume, I just couldn't put it down.

This time they meet another group of backstagers, though they aren't an unknown group. So it was kind of fun to see the reunion and have one of our group of backstagers be happy to see those people again (though not too sure if they were
Kristen
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book so much and this one does not disappoint. Yet more drama behind the stage and into the ghostly and shared backstager realm. I loved every moment of this one and didn't see the twist at the end coming.
Chad
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Anyone who is or was a theatre kid is going to love this. I found the mystical elements kind of hokey. They're in a "the magic of theatre" kind of way. Very LGBTQ positive. I did not care for the chibi art at all.
Andrew
Jul 07, 2018 added it
Why is this over? I need more of it...
Rod Brown
May 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
The writer continues to explore the fantasy elements of this story to the detriment of the characters and high school theater setting. It's almost as if the whole thing were just a gimmicky pitch for a new cartoon series. I'm hoping now that they have the first adventure storyboarded for potential TV producers, the creators will slow down and actually give the characters time to develop some real personalities.

I was happy to see some more female characters were added, but became disenchanted whe
rebeccca elane (pistachiobooks)
 I don't feel like I have much to say about this volume. I read the first one a few months ago whilst in a reading slump and thought it was okay. It was true to what it was, it was entertaining enough. I had a few problems with this volume but honestly, I think most of this just comes down to preferences.

This graphic novel series is definitely made for a younger audience, as you can tell by the squeaky clean language and humour. It's not really my taste, I didn't click with it the first time I
Jasmine
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Definitely fun and adorable, but at least for me it felt like it was setting up an epic arc, and then it had to tie up an ending in two issues. I was surprised to see that the series continued, cause I thought on reading it that it had been cancelled. For a "having to wrap up fast" ending, it was good. For a close to an arc, slightly less so.

fave things: toolmice on strike, and the mcqueen brothers breaking through reality with the power of their performance.
Wybredna
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it

O całej serii:
Szkoła dla chłopców. Zajęcia teatralne. Zamiast Les miserables wystawiają Les terribles. Potem Lease, które jest jakimś połączeniem grease i rent.
I to tyle jeśli chodzi o musical. Potem wchodzi fantastyka, bo za kulisami DZIEJE SIĘ MAGIA; wątki lgbt, bo to szkoła dla chłopów; mroczne tajemnice, bo jak magia to i villain musi być (taki trochę upiór w teatrze) i fajna, pastelowa kolorystyka. Teatr jest w zasadzie miejscem do akcji niezwiązanej stricte z teatrem. No ale jest cute. B
Darcy Roar
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphics, teen
Auuuugggghhhh! I'm not crying, you're crying! Such twists and turns! (I was legit suprised by some of the twists). If you were (or are) a theater kid you should read this. If you like theater you should read this. If you've heard of theater once, in a dream, you should read this. It's adorable and sweet and gay and amazing. 10,000/10, would read again right now.
Sara
This comic is so DANG CUTE AND MAGICAL!!!!! I love all of the characters so so much (although Sasha is probably my fave) and I continue to love the art!! I love the world they’ve created so I really hope this volume isn’t the last.

Ps. I LOVE THAT THERE’S A TRANS CHARACTER!!!

Pps. As a true Canadian when they mentioned Canada in one panel I was sent into an excited tizzy!
Mandy Mcdonald
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I think I enjoyed this one even more than volume one. More depth and meaning in the story line. Looking fwd to continuing this series.
Sylwia (Wish Fulfillment)
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first one. I adore this series.
McKinlay Dennis
This series was so good. I’m kicking myself for waiting so long to read it and I’m so sad it’s over 😭
Amber LaShell
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series is amazing. I really hope that it continues on because I will never be tired of these characters.

Let's for 1 talk about how diverse this thing is. There are so many diverse characters in this book. There is an open M/M relationship. There is a transgendered character, and there are multiple races showcased including African American and Indian.

The best part about the diversity, it is just... normal. There is no drama around any of it, it is just what is and the story is not about an
Kristin
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

The characterization may be thin and the plot may rushed, but volume 2 of Backstagers manages to be more than the sum of its parts. This is sweet, funny, and adorably LGBTQIA positive . Even though this volume closes off the storyline, I hope the boys will return for more adventures. After several lackluster volumes of Lumberjanes this was a real treat.

description
Whitney Hitt
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fuck yes! I love this series.
Kathleen
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
If Backstagers has one failing, it is that, being set at an all boys high school, there is only one girl who comes in as an actor for the female lead in the play. As explorations of the magical labyrinth that builds behind longstanding stages go deeper, the Backstagers discover that these labyrinths connect different theaters. In true comic book fashion, they discover this when they run into another stage crew, one from an all girls school, which is like looking into a sweet, funhouse mirror whe ...more
Bunny
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, read-in-18
Welp, this was certainly not the book to read right before bed. O_O So much creepiness.

I was already loving these boys after the first volume, but this one pushed me straight over the edge and into the magical and terrible wonderland that is the backstage.

In this volume, something odd is happening in the backstage. Backstagers from another school have shown up and are wondering why our boys are there. And then there's the creepy Jack-O-Lantern faced guy whose word bubbles very closely resemble
Rick
This is one of the funnest, most enjoyable & joy-filled comics I've read in a long, long time. I cannot praise this comic enough. For everyone who loved working backstage, or found themselves by losing themselves backstage in middle & high school, this is a comic just for you. A completely charming and delightful read from the first page to the last. One of my highest Rickommendations!

This volume wraps up the initial story that introduces our characters and fascinating secrets of the wo
Danii Allen
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtq
I didn't think I could love this series any more, and then I read this volume. Goddamn. I love this shit so much.

Lady versions of our boys!!! I love them so so much and Jory and Hunter were darling in this book my POOR QUEER HEART CAN'T TAKE IT.

This is the kind of content I am here for.
Nicole
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wrapped up the arc from volume 1 nicely, an introduction to the other crews was nice too. Girls opposite the boys and all.

The climax was less climatic than I thought it would be. But the overall story and revelations were still good.
Kayla (onthefritz)
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
UGHHHH MY HEART.

This one was even better, loved the subtle depth added to all of the characters. Could so see this as an anime. Love the humor of these characters, would love to see more, but it did wrap up nicely.
Love love love!
Yaiza
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfecto para fans de Leñadoras: niños adorables, fantasía y representación preciosa 😍
Sara
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
So cute! I loved this!
  • Power Up
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 3
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 8: Stone Cold
  • The Cardboard Kingdom
  • Giant Days, Vol. 7 (Giant Days, #7)
  • The Unstoppable Wasp, Vol. 1: Unstoppable!
  • Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy Vol. 1
  • Lumberjanes: Bonus Tracks
  • Bandette, Volume 2: Stealers Keepers!
  • Taproot
  • DeadEndia: The Watcher's Test
  • The Hidden Witch (The Witch Boy #2)
  • Motor Crush, Vol. 2
  • SLAM! Vol. 1
  • Lumberjanes, Vol. 4: Out of Time
Prior to his first professional work, Tynion was a student of Scott Snyder's at Sarah Lawrence College. A few years later, he worked as for Vertigo as Fables editor Shelly Bond's intern. In late 2011, with DC deciding to give Batman (written by Snyder) a back up feature, Tynion was brought in by request of Snyder to script the back ups he had plotted. Tynion would later do the same with the Batman ...more

The Backstagers (4 books)
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 1
  • The Backstagers Vol. 3
  • The Backstagers (Issues) (9 Book Series)