Start by marking “My Hero Academia, Vol. 10” as Want to Read:
My Hero Academia, Vol. 10

My Hero Academia, Vol. 10

(My Hero Academia #10)

Midoriya inherits the superpower of the world’s greatest hero, but greatness won’t come easy.

What would the world be like if 80 percent of the population manifested superpowers called “Quirks”? Heroes and villains would be battling it out everywhere! Being a hero would mean learning to use your power, but where would you go to study? The Hero Academy of course! But what wo
Published November 7th 2017 by VIZ Media LLC (first published September 2nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about My Hero Academia, Vol. 10, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Artemy
Mar 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
On paper, this volume should've been pretty exciting — a big rescue mission, huge showdown between the heroes and the villains, and the debut of All Might's arch-nemesis... But the writing quality just wasn't there this time around. The events were hard to follow, so I was constantly wondering what exactly was going on at any given moment. Plus, it's Dragon Ball Z all over again — the fun and excitement of the early days is far behind, and the new darker tone with the new lamer scarier villains ...more
Regina
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-2017
I just... wow. This manga is amazing!!
| Maiko-chan |
finally the volume gets a cover but FUCK THE COVER for reasons, tho I still love it

(view spoiler)
Elizabeth (Elzburg)
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, manga
AAAAAAAA

THE HYPE NEVER STOOOOOOPS

It has been a never-ending hype train ever since volume 9, and it's still goooing!!!!

I find the villain's motivations fresh and unique and multi-layered. Good writing, Horikoshi!!

Explanation marks because All Might always talks with explanation marks!

Though not going to lie, I'm kind of over these villains! (view spoiler)
Karen
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, manga
I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH!!!!!
Paulina
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Mind blown* Demasiados ataques, secuestros, luchas y cosas inesperadas. Llegó un momento en donde incluso pude sentir la desesperación de los chicos por encontrar a su amigo, pero no puedo creer lo que pasó después, estaba 99% que Katsuki se iría al lado de los villanos sin chistar (perdóname por desconfiar de ti, hijo mío). Además el equipo de Momo, Shouto, Deku, Iida y Kirishima enfrentándose ante tales situaciones ... Incluso una parte de mí estaba plenamente confiada que los héroes profesio ...more
Taylor Ramirez
Fahda
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm going through these manga's surprisingly quickly! I just can't stop!
Batool Fardan
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
nothing like a good manga to cheer you up !
Jinkay
It gets better everytime. Though it is predictable at times, it is still enjoyable. I feel connected with the characters. And it's the first time that I got teary-eyed just by reading manga.
Petros
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This volume proves how nobody in the setting of MHA has common sense. First you have the villains kidnapping Bakugo and asking him to join their side. Bakugo had no reason to do so, and obviously refuses. So, what exactly was the plan here? Horikoshi ripped off the Sasuke retrieval mission but forgot to give Bakugo a reason for wanting to join the bad guys, making all this mess completely pointless.

Then the public complains about the heroes failing to stop a student from being taken by villains.
Danielle
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, read-in-2017
This volume has exactly what you’d expect from My Hero Academia. There were funny moment, sweet moments, sad moments and most importantly intense,action packed moments.

This series just gets more and more scary as it goes on! The villains can be terrifying in their own way but the Nomi never fail to freak me out!

Loved learning about a new new heroes as well!

Bring on the next volume! I need to know what’s going to happen!
salma
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
ok so consistently its good story (like most volumes avg 3.5-4.5) but i gotta say that the last 10 recent chapters have been SOOOO good. bnha goes SO HARD (also i was like considering not counting manga on my reading goal but i made that mistake last year w tokyo ghoul i'm not gonna do it again)

EDIT: still campaigning for deku to call all-might "dad" by mistake or something, i will not rest until it happens!
Nicholas Driscoll
I enjoyed it. But I just don’t care for Hand Face. He is creepy, but he is an idiot. His dad apparently is obscenely overpowered (despite what I said in my last review, I hope Jeanist didn’t die). I like the idea of the public turning against the heroes because of their failures... seems real. I like the froggy side story. Still enjoyable.
Araceli.libros
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga, owned, reviewed
"Nuestra batalla es sobre preguntas. ¿Qué es un héroe? ¿Qué es la justicia? ¿Esta sociedad es en verdad justa? Queremos a todos y a cada ciudadano pensando en esto." --> Cuando las ideas y convicciones es de los "malos" te gustan más que las de los buenos xD
Olly
Oct 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
bel numero. Bakugo è davvero un osso duro e Deku è fin troppo irresponsabile nei confronti di chiunque.
Will Robinson Jr.
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Whoa! The way this volume of My Hero Academia ends is biggest cliffhanger I have ever read in manga. Horikoshi is quite simply one of the most gifted manga writers to come in the industry. This series continues to break the mold of what you have come to expect in a fighting manga serial. Our heroes have taken a big lost to the league of villains and the capture of their friend just keeps the hits coming. But their is still hope as All Might and a team of the world's top heroes strike back at the ...more
Chris Lemmerman
Bakugo is missing, and now the UA kids are being told that they're not allowed to go and rescue him? Fat chance, right? But a two-pronged attack from the professional heroes and the police collides with the rescue attempt, and then the dreaded mastermind behind the League of Villains reveals himself at last!

Definitely getting Sasuke Retrieval vibes from this arc, at least the beginning. The combination of characters is surprising - I expected Uraraka and not Kaminari, for a start. Speaking of su
Bradley
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Insane person I am, I normally buy all the manga that I read and then donate or ask friends who might want to start on the series, etc. I can't go on with My Hero Academia. It's falling way too flat. I know people really enjoy this series and I won't take anything away from them, I only held out this long because my friends really enjoyed it. I may tune in for some of the fights in the anime. Aside from that I'll be picking this up at the library if I decide to continue.

I hope the author keeps
Samantha Riccio
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm screaming that ending ruined me

I don't know where to start other than I need my library to get volume 11 in because I need to know what's going on.
It's good to see Midoriya with other students, and getting to know them while still going well with the plot. It was good to see the villains some what sympathizing with the hero's based on the standard's set for them.
I'm highly anticipating the fight scene's in 11, because they're bound to be intense if All Might is doing the fighting.
Rollin
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Melissa
Apr 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a bit worried this will go into some weird SaskueNaruto-like thingy, which I hated with all my guts. I don't want that but considering the themes and the overall message, I believe it won't. I hope, hope, hope...
Annika
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Fear is paralyzing. And sometimes you have to punch your very badly injured friend because they might've possibly hinted at the idea that you don't care about them.
Also Bakugo is taking no one's shiy, and that's always reassuring.
Illy
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh shit. Ooooo shit. Shit is going down. And I love it. I need more.
Cate (The Professional Fangirl)
That was intense. I can't wait to see this on the current season of the anime!
Sam
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a good volume. These past few installments have me super excited for when season 3 of the anime comes out later this year. This particular story arc is pretty darn cool.
Elias Alexander
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I really absolutely love this series. One more volume left.
Victoria ♡
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-manga
Reading along with the anime! I’m super excited to be caught up on the anime soon, then i can read all the manga
cindy
Jan 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-mha
Gak tahu hrs berpikir Izuku ini memang heroik atau sekedar bodoh.
Natalie
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ooh BOY, are things heating up now! In this volume, we see the success of the villain's plan to abduct (view spoiler), to the horror of the fellow U.A. students who have given their all to stop it only to sadly fail at the very last moment, despite managing to save (view spoiler) from the same fate.

However, thanks to some quick thinking by Yaoyorozu in one of her battles with the enemy during the training trip, the heroes have a chance to get the
  • ヴィジランテ -僕のヒーローアカデミア ILLEGALS- 1 [Vigilante: Boku no Hero Academia Illegals 1] (My Hero Academia: Vigilantes, #1)
  • ハイキュー!! 18 幾望 [Haikyū!! 18 Ikumochi]
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 雄英白書 I [Boku No Hero Academia: Yuuei Hakusho I] (My Hero Academia Light Novel, #1)
  • Cross Game 4 (Cross Game, #8-9)
  • Himouto! Umaru-chan Vol. 1
HORIKOSHI Kouhei
Name (in native language): 堀越耕平
Associated Names:
Kouhei Horikoshi

Born 1986 in the prefecture Aichi, Horikoshi first attracted attention in the second half of 2006 when he entered Shueisha's 72th Tezuka Award for Newcomers with his one shot "Nukegara" and made it to the final six, where he gained himself an "Honorable Mention".
Various short stories in Shueisha's Akamaru JUMP followed

My Hero Academia (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 1 [Boku No Hero Academia 1] (My Hero Academia, #1)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 2 [Boku No Hero Academia 2] (My Hero Academia, #2)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 3 [Boku No Hero Academia 3] (My Hero Academia, #3)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 4 [Boku No Hero Academia 4] (My Hero Academia, #4)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 5 [Boku No Hero Academia 5] (My Hero Academia, #5)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 6 [Boku No Hero Academia 6] (My Hero Academia, #6)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 7 [Boku No Hero Academia 7] (My Hero Academia, #7)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 8 [Boku No Hero Academia 8] (My Hero Academia, #8)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 9 [Boku No Hero Academia 9] (My Hero Academia, #9)
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 11 [Boku No Hero Academia 11] (My Hero Academia, #11)
“Gli scemi la fanno lunga perché non sono capaci di riassumere” 1 likes