Start by marking “The Bad Guy” as Want to Read:
The Bad Guy

The Bad Guy

My name is Sebastian Lindstrom, and I’m the villain of this story.
I’ve decided to lay myself bare. To tell the truth for once in my hollow life, no matter how dark it gets. And I can assure you, it will get so dark that you’ll find yourself feeling around the blackened corners of my mind, seeking a door handle that isn’t there.
Don’t mistake this for a confession. I neith
Published May 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about The Bad Guy, please sign up.
Booklass Garrahan The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie has a similar hero. It is a historical, and I don't read historical romances much, but this one? I have read and lis…moreThe Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie has a similar hero. It is a historical, and I don't read historical romances much, but this one? I have read and listened to it several times. Loved Lord Ian. Also, the Anne Cleeves series starting with Murder in Thrall. Another obsessed hero.(less)

Start your review of The Bad Guy
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️! The Bad Guy (stand-alone). My favorite Celia Aaron hero to date!

“I’m drawn to your spark of darkness the same way you’re drawn to the ocean of mine. We aren’t magnets pulled together by a weak force; we create our own gravity for each other.”

The Bad Guy (stand-alone) opens up to the picturesque life of high school biology teacher and aspiring researcher Camille Briarlane’s life. While attending a work function with her boyfriend she is quite taken by his myste
Cristina | CristiinaReads
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books, favorites
➳A psychopath like Sebastian has never sounded and been so much better than this… Can I please have me one, because Celia Aaron has made me crave one…

➳"Love at first sight” is a phrase that is commonly used in many romance stories. Including those that can be found in the dark, suspense, and intimidating romance novellas that many find a thrill to. What is being rejected from being said is that the phrase “lust at first sight” is the correct form to identify this compelling, intriguing, and
Candace
I love dark romance and stories with captivity themes are among my favorites. So when I read the blurb for 'The Bad Guy', I was sure that it would be right up my alley. I wasn't wrong. It was just the type of "reformed" bad guy story that I love.

When Sebastian Lindstrom sets eyes on the girlfriend of one of his company's executives, he is determined to have her by any means necessary. A highly-functional psychopath, he doesn't conform to the social constraints of polite society. He sets out to
Dilek VT
Wow, what an amazing book it was! I loved it so much!

Warnings:
1. This is NOT a dark romance if it is what you are looking for.

2. The book looks like 477 pages but actually the novel "The Bad Guy" is 295 pages only. After it, there is a novella and then, at the very end of it there is a very short bonus chapter for The Bad Guy again!

*********************************************

This is not a romance that we are used to because as a hero, we have a clinically diagnosed psychopath in this book, doi
warhawke
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of lighter shade of dark
Genre: Dark/Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

Camille Briarlane had an unrestrained passion for knowledge. As a biology teacher, she found satisfaction in molding her students into future leaders. On the surface, her personal life with her stable boyfriend looks as good as her professional one, but deep down inside she was craving for something more.

Sebastian Lindstrom knew he was different since he was young. Even though born with a silver spoon, he work
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description

**The infamous review has returned! *lol* This is the EXACT review that was posted previously. NO changes have been made**

description

descriptionThis cover is OK. The model is hot a sin and a good representation of the hero. The composition is OK. The BAD being off to the right throws it off a little. I think it would have look3ed better lined below THE and above GUY. That's just me though.description

descriptionSigh...this is going to be yet another review where I struggle with what to write. I was looking forward to this one SO much aft
✰ Liz ✰
"The more she tried to fly away, the harder I wanted to clip her wings."
description

The Bad Guy is a stand-alone dark romance/thriller with a complicated hero, a beautiful heroine, and a plot that does not stop. If you are looking for your next anti-hero to fall in love with, look no further. Sebastian Lindstrom is waiting.
description
"I was falling prey to the lure."
Camille Briarlane is a biology teacher living a mediocre life. Although she has a great best friend and a doting boyfriend, she knows that somet
Bibi
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark
The premise has been overused, but Celia's writing style will capture your attention from the very first page. Every aspect of The Bad Guy was done with an intelligent reader in mind, I simply could not put it down.
Sophia Triad
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"You stole everything from me. Everything."
"I'm sorry."
"No you aren't. If you were sorry, you'd let me go."
"I can't."
"You're afraid I'll tell?"
"No."
"Then what?"
"I don't think I can live without you."

Sebastian is the cutest possessive psycho...
When he sees Camille for the first time, he instantly wants her.

Camille is already with someone else ie. the very patient and understanding, blue-balled Link. But it seems that she is interested in the gorgeous Link's boss ie. our boy Sebastian.

When Sebast
mel
this book just made me want a psychopath to be obsessed with me, kidnap me, and then make me fall in love with them.

is that too much to ask?

you know, i've always separated my expectations when it comes to my book boyfriends and from what i want in men in real life because obviously i don't want an asshole man ho for me let's be real here but- BUT this book just changed EVERYTHING. my expectations, beliefs, etc.

so what do i think about what i want in guys in real life now?

weeeellll...

to a sweet
Coco.V
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whoot, whoot! This book contained so much raw power and undeniable emotion, I was completely blown away. Celia Aaron's genius is her ability to create unique and distinct male characters that the reader cares about from the very first paragraph, and she's surpassed herself with this one. Loved it!
Nazanin
May 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
3.5 Stars

The sun doesn’t reduce its heat to assuage the frigid moon.

Sebastian is a psycho who can’t feel anything but he can read people from their behavior, until he meets Camille. With her, he can feel everything. So when he meets her at a gala, he decides to kidnap her. Camille is a stubborn teacher who loves teaching kids. When she meets Sebastian her life changed. She has become a prisoner.

I don’t think it was a Dark-Romance. Actually at some point it felt more like funny with a bit of Dark
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Myla
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Sebastian definitely have twisted the way to swoon a lady. He goes beyond the norm and he acts like it’s the right way. When Sebastian saw Camille, he knew right away that he wants her in his life. He did everything with a psychopath brain of his, he kidnapped her, provided her with things she needed and everything money can buy. To Sebastian this is the perfect way for Camille to fall in love with him.

Camille is an intelligent, feisty, science teacher who tries to convince Sebastian that what h
Tijuana *Book Twins Reviews*
4.5 Stars
Wow!  This was just what I needed at the moment.  A hero who's a little bit left of center and refuses to abide by the rules of society.  Okay.... he's a long way left of center, but totally my kind of psycho!! I freakin loved Sebastian. Why oh why do I love psycho OTT stalkers?! And where can I find more of them? LOL

Here's the breakdown:  Tall, dark, cold hearted, Sebastian Lindstrom finally finds something that makes his cold heart thaw.  Camille, the beautiful girlfriend of his emplo
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

description

Wow! What a great compelling story that hooked me from the start. All I seem to be reading lately are sweet contemporary romances, not that there’s anything wrong with that, because contemporary romances are one of my favourite genre’s to read ... BUT … I was looking for something dark and a bit messed up to get my motor running this time and boy did The Bad Guy deliver. I was so compelled to read this story about a villain named Sebastian and nothing could have stopped me, kind of like his obse
EmBibliophile
Mar 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars

“The sun doesn’t reduce its heat to assuage the frigid moon.”

I think that maybe I’m being extra picky with my psychopaths. Or maybe this just wasn’t for me? I still don’t know why tho, because I usually enjoy books or movies that have a psychopath character in them and I find them really interesting. But this one didn’t give me the same feeling. It felt kinda ordinary? Dull? Okay? Unreasonable? And I know how stupid this might sound because it’s supposed to be unreasonable, right? I ju
Alp
I had mixed feelings about this book. I enjoyed some parts of this story enormously, but the others bored me to tears, especially in the second half. And honestly, finishing this one felt more like a chore than entertainment.

However, I somehow found Sebastian's serious obsession and twisted love toward Camille very interesting and fascinating. I don’t know why but it just worked for me in more ways than one. Camille's character and her weakness, on the other hand, somewhat rubbed me the wrong w
Sabrina
I'm just going to keep this review short because I don't really have much to say about The Bad Guy. I really liked the premise of the bad boy taking what he wants from the good girl but the execution kind of fell through for me. I still enjoyed the story and I'm glad I picked this up to read but I got a little bored with it at times. The entire middle felt like I was reading the same thing over and over again with Camille and Sebastian making deals to get what they wanted. It just seemed to go o ...more
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Jun 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Sorry! 😳😳😳

Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
free glitter text and family website at FamilyLobby.com

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“You had a white Knight, but you were waiting for your monster. Here I am.”

Being able to do something that you love is always a good feeling and for Camille, that comes in the form of being a Science teacher. She loves her job and knowing that she’s teaching her students something and watching them apply it in real life, is what gives her purpose. When she learns she’s been hand picked to go on a Amazon tour to learn more about exotic plants, to say she’s ecstatic is an understateme
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
3.5 "I loved Sebastian" stars!

One of the things I love most about reading is finding something to love despite not absolutely loving the story itself. Celia Aaron has a quirky and slightly dark way of looking at love in THE BAD GUY. For all intents and purposes, we should want to see her hero suffer, but I couldn't help but root for him to have a happy ending. Diagnosed as a psychopath, Sebastian has spent his life mimicking "normal" behavior, until he comes across Camille. He becomes obsess
Snow
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

PSYCHOPATH
[sahy-kuh-path]
noun
1. a person with a psychopathic personality, which manifests as amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience, etc.

that's the bare definition of the medical term and here, in this story, Celia Aaron took it and freely created one of the most intriguing characters and anti-heroes, and yet she stayed out of the "typical" notion you would
Olga therebelreader
This book unfortunately just didn’t do it for me.
I had an extremely hard time feeling any sympathy for Sebastian in the beginning, and though I eventually softened towards him, I was back to being barely able to tolerate him by the end of it. His character always came across a bit shallow to me.
As for his and Camille’s love I got that also to some extent after everything, but even that was ruined for me.
I understand that love is not rational, that it makes you insane…Things were not all bad w
Sabrina
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: almost-favorites

“A fairy tale romance by all accounts.
But every fairy tale has a villain, someone waiting in the wings to rip it all down. A scoundrel who will set the world on fire if that means he gets what he wants. That’s me.
I’m the bad guy.”

Oh yes, hello life, universe, whoever gets this, I would really like a Sebastian! So if you could please make it happen I would appreciate!
But without the entire kidnapping thing.
Thanks! 😫💕😂.
This book is hot, hot damn.
Sebastian is a cute/hot/smart/obsessive/intrig
Princess under cover
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I really liked this book! It was my first by this author, and it was so good, I bought another one, which I didn't like nearly as much, so I won't be reading more of her books for a while.

BUT. This book was awesome!

What I liked about it:
The guy's POV, perfect hero-anti-hero. I love heroes that are baddies with a soft, mushy heart. And I couldn't resist the opener--the villain gets the girl? Count me in!

description

The psychopath who's good. I really like unusual heroes and heroines, people that are normal
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Contemporary Erotic Romance
Series : - Stand Alone
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author? - Yes
Rating - 4

★Review★

So, I really enjoyed this, but then feel rather guilty for really enjoying it, since you know, the hero is bat shit cra
PrincessLara ♥LaraBabbles♥
4.5 stars 🌟

This book made me want a hot psychopath to kidnap me!

I went into this thinking that it was a crime romance. While kidnapping is not exactly Peace Prize worthy but the hero isn't a I-own-the-world mob boss.

Sebastian Lindstorm is officially inducted into my favorite alpha heroes. Diagnosed as a Psychopath earlier in his life, he is raised by his father to mimic and blend in so as to escape institutions. Honestly, some of my favorite scenes were the flashbacks of Sebastian and his fathe
Cyndi
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this! And I loved Sebastian! He is an awesome hero! I forgave everything he did once I understood his thought process. It could have been 5 stars, but Camille was a little annoying. I would have liked to know what Link ended up doing. A book about Mint would be nice!
Elle
3* (not really) bad guy STARS!

Review @ Midnight Romance

description
Her white knight was onto something for once in his useless life. She was made for me, just as I’d been fashioned from the darkest materials for her. Her light would temper my shadow.

As one of the most anticipated book this month, I expect a lot from The Bad Guy. I thought this book is gonna have the same vibe like Dark Protector; anti-hero with action suspense. But the truth is, just your usual contemporary romance with Stockho
Some Like It Hot!: This topic has been closed to new comments. ʜȯƗƗie ϻember-ϻeet Celia Aaron 15 56 Jul 16, 2017 11:37PM
Turning Pages At ...: The Bad Guy by Celia Aaron 30 32 Jun 25, 2017 07:03PM

• Endless Obsession
  • Notice
  • Take Me with You
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Debt
  • Bitter Heat (Singed, #1)
  • Collateral
  • Corrupt Idol
  • Twist Me (Twist Me, #1)
  • Damage
  • Darker Than Love (Darker Than Love, #1)
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Monster in His Eyes (Monster in His Eyes, #1)
  • The Maddest Obsession (Made #2)
  • Keep Me (Twist Me, #2)
  • Hold Me (Twist Me, #3)
  • Beauty in the Broken
  • Torture to Her Soul (Monster in His Eyes, #2)
Celia Aaron is a recovering attorney who loves romance and erotic fiction. Dark to light, angsty to funny, real to fantasy—if it’s hot and strikes her fancy, she writes it. Thanks for reading.

Sign up for my newsletter at celiaaaron.com to get information on new releases. (I would never spam you or sell your info, just send you book news and goodies sometimes). ;)

You can find me on: