Start by marking “A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love #2)” as Want to Read:
A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love #2)

A Shot at Love

(Will Cook for Love #2)

Nothing’s impossible when love is on the menu. In Peggy Jaeger’s luscious series, the only thing more tempting than a delicious meal is a truly delectable romance . . .
Look for exclusive recipes in each book!

Photographer Gemma Laine is looking for arresting faces on the streets of Manhattan when her camera captures something shocking—a triple murder. In that moment, she b
Kindle Edition
Published October 3rd 2017 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about A Shot at Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Shot at Love

Treena
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites-2017
Thank you to NetGalley for my ARC of this book! The review below is my own opinion.

This is the 2nd book from Peggy Jaeger that I've read and when it popped up on NetGalley I requested it right away. But I didn't read it at once. See, I felt like I was being such a nitpicky witch for some weeks now. Man, I've been in such a horrible book slump. Everything that I was reading was just driving me batty and I felt like any reviews I posted would be unfair because of the mood I was in. So I stopped re
Kari Lemor
Aug 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just finished A Shot At Love by Peggy Jaeger and damn if she didn't do it again. Got me turning the page and loving every minute. This one started out with a bang, literally. Gemma, our heroine, witnesses a mob killing and the strapping FBI agent who is on the case now needs to protect her. Love this trope! Jaeger's characters are always so wonderful and exactly the people you'd want to hang out with. Well, not in the middle of a mob hit but any other time. We had a few visits from characters in ...more
Terri
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Review also found at https://kristineandterri.blogspot.ca/...

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.  Thank you!

This is one of those stories that I have a hard time explaining why I liked it but I simply did.  This is the second in the Will Cook for Love series and I felt the same about the first one as well.  Don't worry if you are picking this up without reading the first as it can be read as a stand alone.

This has the perfect mixture o
Bette Hansen
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An absolutely excellent read!! I loved the fast pace of the story, the suspense elements of the story, and of course the great romance and chemistry between Ky and Gemma. This one had a perfect balance between romance and suspense. The writing was fantastic and these characters will win your heart right from the start.

Gemma definitely finds herself in the wrong place at the right time and now her life is in danger. With Special Agent Kyros Pappandreos in charge of the case as well as her protec
Bernie
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Shot at Love is the second excellent romantic suspense book in the Will Cook for Love series written by author Peggy Jaeger. The characters are charismatic. I will look forward to reading more in this series. Thanks to NetGalley and Kensington Books/Lyrical Shine for the advance copy.
Bec

Gemma Laine never imagined her life would be turned upside down as much as it is when she witnesses a triple murder. But when she becomes the target of the mob, she has no choice except to trust FBI agent Kyros Pappandreos to keep her safe. The question is -- will Kyros be able to protect her, so they can have their chance at happy ever after; or will the pair be forever on the run in order to stay ahead of the person determined to kill Gemma?

This is the first book I've read by Ms. Jaeger, and w
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Agent Kyros (Ky) Pappandreos has been working on a mafia case for three years when the only witness is shot and killed on the streets of New York, along with two of Ky’s men. Photographer Gemma Laine happened to be in the right place at the wrong time. Capturing faces of New Yorkers for her next book, she witnesses and records the entire event on her camera… making her Ritandi’s next target.

When there is one attempt too many on Gemma’s life while she’s in FBI custody, Ky realizes he has a mole w
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH NET GALLEY. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

After reading the first book in this series, I didn't hold much hope for this story. Thankfully, it was actually a very good read!

I really liked Gemma! She was definitely a "warrior woman", but more importantly, there was a LOGICAL reason
Tena Stetler
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A spooktacular whodunit, after all it’s October. LOL. Gemma Laine is a world famous photo journalist. When a Mob hit goes down right in front of Gemma, she captures it all with her digital camera. Now the FBI take her camera and SD card as part of their investigation, raising her ire as those are not the only photos on that SD card and that camera is her baby.
The police and FBI are not the only ones seeking those pictures. After an attempt on Gemma life, Special Agent Kyros Pappandreos insists
Doni
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Shot at Love is a fabulous story. It's the first book, I have read by Peggy Jaeger, & it won't be my last.
I loved it, & thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
It is romance suspense at it's finest.
This love story is about Gemma & Ky.
Gemma Laine is a world famous photographer. While walking the streets of New York, taking pictures of interesting faces, she captures of series of pictures she didn't expect. She is questioned by FBI agent, Kyros Pappandreos. After being released from questio
Melena Torretta
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, netgalley-arcs, 2018
Gemma is a talented photographer who happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when she captures a murder on camera.

Ky is an FBI agent and his star witness that was in protective custody has just been killed. After Gemma is threatened too she ends up with Ky until they are able to find the man responsible for the murder.

The second in the Will Cook for Love series, I enjoyed A Shot at Love even more than the first book. Gemma is strong, talented, and smart. I really liked that she knows
Ruby Scalera
This is my first book by Peggy and I have to say that I'm completely hooked! In this sexy, fun suspense story, her powerful heroine (I *loved* Gemma) and her oh-so-sexy Good Guy hero (give me a Ky any day!) come together organically and with a ton of sizzling heat!

I thought her story was believable and unique (even with the 'trapped in a cabin trope', which is one of my favorite romance themes), and I loved the flirtation and genuine relationship building. (And the sparring scenes, yes please!)
Cheryl
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gemma is a photographer who captures a murder on film as well as the get away car. The three men killed were two FBI agents and an informant. Kyros Pappandreas is the special agent in charge. When Gemma is attacked, Ky takes her into protective custody. The build of their relationship is done well. The suspense part is also well done as you try to guess the mole in the FBI. The ending was satisfying. Food also played an integral part as it did in the first book. A good addition to the series.
Syndi Day
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i was the lucky winner of a copy of this novel through a goodreads win. it is a very sweet romance novel with a great story line.the characters are very believable and likable. the novel has lots of action, drama and mystery as well as great steamy parts. at the end it also includes some recipes that sound amazing. a great afternoon read. syndi
Gina
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A page turner

I absolutely love this series. Tons of action, heat, and humor. Peggy always delivers a book I can't put down.
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished A Shot at Love and I absolutely love the fast paced suspenseful story line! When Gemma witnesses a mob shooting while taking pictures for her newest book she is put in protective custody. Ky wants to protect Gemma but cannot help his attraction to her all while dodging hit men that just won't stop. I was totally shocked at who the mole was in the end. A great addition to the Will Cook for Love series, I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book. Thank you to Kensington Books/L ...more
Katie O'Sullivan
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Peggy Jaeger's books keep getting better and better, and this latest release is no exception. I absolutely love her writing style, which draws you right into the character's minds and gets you on their side from the very start. While this is the second book in her Will Cook for Love series, it can totally stand on its own and be completely satisfying.

Strong women and sexy alpha men always make for explosive combinations, and the sexual tension between the main characters is through the roof from
SuperWendy
Nov 04, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a mixed bag for me mostly because of the heroine. She's a hotshot photographer who witnesses a mob hit (and snaps some photos for good measure). Naturally this means she's now in danger and she's being protected by the hero, an FBI agent. Look, I get that she's annoyed with her dumb luck for witnessing a crime and having her life upended - but she starts arguing with the hero who is only doing his job and, oh, trying to keep her from getting murdered by a mob enforcer. Silly hero. He's ...more
Donna Simonetta
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great read! I enjoyed Gemma as a secondary character in Cooking with Kandy, and was looking forward to her story in book 2 of the Will Cook for Love series. I was not disappointed! The action begins right from the start with Gemma witnessing a mob hit, and it just keeps coming. I enjoyed the suspenseful storyline about Gemma and Ky trying to bring down a mob boss, as well as their love story. With edge of your seat suspense and a steamy romance, this was a truly enjoyable read! A Shot at ...more
Books and Spoons
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
The story started with a high velocity, the intensity spike from the very first page, and it is held there for the duration. The suspense is perilous, constantly threatening lives, and collateral damage is not something the culprits are going to be worried about. The case is risky, and when it comes obvious there is a mole in the FBI, there's no one to have Kyros 'Ky' Pappandreos' back, no one he can trust within the investigation.
I loved how well the story is crafted and how realistic and fact
Joanne Guidoccio
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having thoroughly enjoyed Cooking with Kandy, I knew I was in store for another entertaining read. I immediately fell in love with both protagonists—Gemma and Ky—and couldn’t read fast enough to find out what awaited them in this well-plotted, character-driven novel. Romantic suspense at its best!

Blue

Gemma, high in demand photographer was out working on her next project until she becomes a keywitness, with photographic evidence of a targeted shooting causing three deaths. Gemma's deadlines and clients be damned because now the mob is set on taking her out too. Next thing she knows she's in hiding with special agent Kyros Pappa-something. Attractions are high and only a matter of time before business mixes with pleasure.

Chemistry is hot. Characters are likable, no annoying helpless
Peggy Jaeger
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer Yocham
Kay Pflueger
Feb 08, 2018
Jenny Miller
Feb 17, 2018
  • One Touch More (U.S. Marshals, #3)
  • To Win Her Smile (Players, #5)
  • Laura & Nellie (Little House Chapter Books: Laura, #5)
  • Captive Spirit
  • Wilde Thing (Born to Be Wilde, #3)
  • Big in Japan
  • The Accidental Elopement (Chance Romance #3)
  • Going All In (Heat Wave,  #4)
  • Like Arrows (Cedar Tree #6)
  • Never Dare a Dragon
  • Lucien's Delight (Dalakis Passion, #2)
  • Trouble Gum: A Picture Book
  • He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Vol. 1
  • The Magic School Bus Out Of This World: A Book About Space Rocks
  • Risky Reunion (Protecting the Witnesses, #6)
  • Chase Me (The Holmes Brothers Book 4)
  • Camelot's Destiny
  • Rapunzel's Daughters and Other Tales
Peggy Jaeger is a contemporary romance writer who writes #RomComs about #strong women, the families who support them, and the men who can’t live without them.

#Family and #food play huge roles in Peggy’s stories because she believes there is nothing that holds a family structure together like sharing a meal…or two…or ten. Dotted with humor and characters that are as real as they are loving, Peggy b

Will Cook for Love (3 books)
  • Cooking with Kandy (Will Cook for Love, #1)
  • Can't Stand the Heat (Will Cook for Love, #3)