Start by marking “A Margin of Lust (The Seven Deadly Sins, Book One)” as Want to Read:
A Margin of Lust (The Seven Deadly Sins, Book One)

A Margin of Lust

(The Seven Deadly Sins #1)

Gwen Bishop lands the listing of her dreams – a multi-million dollar beachfront property. It is a perfect property. Perfect, that is, except for the secret in the basement and the dead body upstairs. Not willing to be denied her victory (and hefty commission), Gwen swears she will sell the dream house…or die trying.
Published June 13th 2017 by Fawkes Press

To ask other readers questions about A Margin of Lust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Margin of Lust

Zuky the BookBum
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, netgalley, 2017
This is the definition of a throwaway thriller. It’s fast paced and exciting, but it’s not clever and it’s not particularly unique.

I liked the premise being about an estate agent trying to sell a million-dollar home, while someone else, our killer, wanted to keep the house off the market for himself. It was unique enough and what initially drew me into requesting this. Another big part of this story was marriage under stress, between our two main characters, Gwen & Art. I found this part of
Laura Thomas
Aug 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just when it looks like Gwen’s career as a real estate agent is going to pay off big, things start going horribly wrong. Agents are being murdered, the first body found in the home she’s going to get the big commission on. And that’s not all. Strange things keep happening at the house and it now appears it all might be connected. Can she be safe partnering up with another agent, or will it just be two for the price of one?

This was a pretty good mystery. You get inside the killer’s head. Know wha
Aleasha
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Greta Boris' first novel of her 'Seven Deadly Sins' series focuses on Gwen Bishop, an ex actress who has turned her hand to Real Estate. Her real estate career is booming when all of a sudden, one day she comes across a brutally murdered dead body in one of her listings. When it's clear there is a serial killer of real estate employees on the loose, everyone is on high alert and we are left wondering who the killer might possibly be.

A Margin of Lust had all the potential of being a top book, bu
Ali Laverty
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow definitely not my usual genre however pleasantly surprised.
I nearly put it down after two chapters however I HAD to know.
Greta pulls you in and then holds you.
I read solidly for two days and had a twist that I did not see coming.
Brilliant story and characters.
Certainly a good book to curl up with.
Definitely recommend and look forward to reading more of Greta's work.
JMV
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-review
Received from the author for a honest review. A good marriage story with a thriller built in. This is what happens when as a couple's forget to communicate with each other and when life gets to busy. Enjoyed the build up but thought the end was squeezed in a little to quickly.
Noorilhuda
Mar 09, 2017 added it
Shelves: netgalley
Without going into spoilers, a killer is on the loose, he wants a house, he kills real estate agents, but doesn't kill the one person he should be killing if he wants the house! I did not understand why.
Rita Kroon
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gwen Bishop, wife, mother, and struggling real estate agent, has two big fears: claustrophobia and being buried in suburban obscurity. When she signs her dream listing, a multi-million dollar beachfront property in Laguna Beach, California, she’s sure her problems are behind her. And they would be, if it weren’t for the secret in the basement and the body of a female real estate agent in an upstairs bedroom. When the crime scene tape comes down, Gwen enlists the aid of a handsome co-worker with ...more
Nicole
Oct 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Just finished this book- took me about 2-3 days since i found it to be a slow read, i found myself bored at points. While the overall story plot was enjoyable, and interesting, seems like something was missing from the plot.
A murderer is on the loose-killing real estate agents, who show him empty million dollar homes. The main character Gwen is working for one agency, her and her friend happened to be checking out a million dollar home that Gwen just snagged the listing for. While looking throug
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A suspenseful and captivating story!

A Margin of Lust is a suspenseful thriller that revolves around Gwen, a real estate agent, who is struggling with her marriage while trying to succeed in her career. While preparing homes to be ready for showing at open house, Gwen faces challenges. A killer is on the loose and targeting real estate agents and local residents. The killer is determined to get revenge and find the priceless treasure.

A Margin of Lust was an enthralling and well-written story. W
Alex Caldicott
(3.5 stars)
*DISCLAIMER *
I received this copy for free through Voracious Readers Only in return for an unbiased review.

In what is quite a saturated genre, the premise of the book was something I had not encountered before. Estate agents and high end property is something I know little about, yet this did not matter; unfamiliar terms of processes are presented simply and explained if needed.
The actual story itself I found, in the beginning, to be quite lacklustre. The actual moments of discovering
Judy Munoz
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a review copy of this book from the author through Voracious Readers. I was particularly anxious to read this book because it falls squarely in my favourite genre - mystery/thriller. This was a well-written, fast-paced story with a decent mystery, but for some reason left me feeling that it lacked something. The characters were all created well. The killer particularly so, although I would have liked greater detail of what set him on the path he had taken. In addition, sometimes it se ...more
Maria
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the story of Gwen and Art, who while they are facing some very serious marriage problems, a killer will be hunting them!

We can say that there are two main stories in this book, the killer story and his need of vengeance and acceptance; and the story of Gwen and Art and their untold problems...
I was quite surprised on how the author explained the Gwen and Art relation, if they had been together for more than 15 years I can't believe they don't have enough trust in their relation to talk a
kathy
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is a well told tale of lust, fear & betrayal. I was immediately immersed in the life of Gwen, the main character and her role as a real estate agent. Does her marriage & family define her? Does her career give her true independence? Does her lust for making that big sale obscure what is her inner truth? What an interesting portrayal of the modern day woman who balances it all with home, family & career... blend in some elements of local murders happening to real estate agen ...more
Ciri
Aug 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Throwaway thriller for a lazy afternoon. It was a quick read but I didn't find myself invested with any of the characters and had little empathy for the lead character who struck me as shrill and self absorbed. The killer's back story was the standard dossier of most sociopaths - abandonment or rejection; early trauma, dominant mother with complex issues, poverty........manifested in anger towards woman and sense of superiority and entitlement.

The premise for the series is interesting but the 1
Nancy Silk
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"An Outstanding, Fast-Moving, Mystery Thriller"

In Laguna Beach, California, is a multi-million beach front home for sale. It needs some work and also there is lots of old furniture decaying in the basement which actually is formed from the caves below the house. Gwen Bishop is a wife, mother, and a busy real estate agent. She has little knowledge of the basement secrets. Unfortunately, as she is showing the house to a worker to help prepare the neglected house to be displayed, a dead body is fou
Sandy Grant
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Prepare to go without sleep when you start this book. You will not be able to put it down. The author takes you into the story in a way few authors do. You'll feel like a part of the story, the proverbial fly on the wall if you will.

The mystery unfolds but its not until very close to the end that you go ah huh, that's who's doin it! But then you'll be like, hmmm, maybe not......maybe, no, no, no. Keep reading, you'll find out, lol.

Super good as are all of Greta Boris' books. I received a free AR
Emmabain
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A mystery novel that is both edgy and full of heart, this book kept me guessing. No one does atmosphere like this author. Her observations are fresh and authentic. I loved being in Gwen Bishop's head as a realtor of high end homes in Laguna Beach and in her husband Art's as a school principal. Engaging characters that could have been my best friends. I miss them now.

If you like authors like Tess Gerritsen and Dean Koontz, you're gonna love this book. Fast paced and loads of suspense. Thrills to
Karen Brady
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
received my copy of Margin of Lust by Greta Boris free from Voracious Readers. A quick read that I couldn't put down. Lust, greed, marital issues, all combine in a great who done it. Between the agents all wanting a good listing and a great glass of wine and a school principle who puts his job before his family, everybody wants to get ahead. Except one, who wants to get even. Keeps you guessing until the end. I'm looking for book number 2 and I can't wait.

Suzieq
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the first page. If you want a fast paced mystery this is it. The characters were engaging and had enough twists and turns to keep me turning pages.
Easy to read and just plain fun. I will be looking for more to read by her.
Carole-Lesley Rowland
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received this book via Voracious readers for a honest review. I found this a very good novel, with interesting characters , It is easy to read as it flows well and the storyline though simple is intriguing.
Sara Madariaga-Zittel
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
The prologue really draws you in and the story was well written. I did find it a little slow at times but overall thoroughly enjoyable. The characters were good and the conflicts varied. The ending was well done and tied up loose ends nicely.
Judson Kinkade
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this thriller, the unexpected twists and turns kept me reading well after I should have been sleeping. I think this is a wonderful beginning to what is expected to be an exciting series.
Margo Sue
Aug 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More of a thriller than I usually read, yet it kept me riveted until the end
Ginnie Craven
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great read. A mystery with some thrills and suspenseful moments. Characters are developed well. Could not put the book down at a certain point. Can't wait to read the next book in the series!
Kitt O'Malley
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun Murder Murder

Never thought I'd describe a murder mystery as fun, but I truly enjoyed reading Greta Boris' well-crafted novel. Look forward to her next book in this series.
Darlene Laguna
Jul 05, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5. A well-executed murder mystery. I don't usually read this genre, but this one was a page-turner! The author did a great job making the So Cal setting a really interesting component of the novel. I'm looking forward to seeing where the characters go in the next book in the series.
Kristen Draper
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was very good! Kept me Interested and guessing all the way! Love how it deals with real life issues for th most part!!
Nathalie Hastings
Sep 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
The storyline keeps you on the edge of your seat. It's a who done it with a few twists and turns to keep you guessing.
LeeAnn Nipper
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! It kept me guessing on who the murderer was until it revealed. Great book!
I received this free ebook from #VoraciousReadersOnly loved it!
Greta Boris is the author of A Margin of Lust, The Scent of Wrath, and The Sanctity of Sloth the first three books in her 7 Deadly Sins domestic suspense series.

She's also the Director of O.C. Writers, a community of over 1,000 published and aspiring authors in Orange County, California.

She's published articles on culture, health, and entertainment for a variety of national magazines including Vi

The Seven Deadly Sins (3 books)
  • The Scent of Wrath (The Seven Deadly Sins, #2)
  • The Sanctity of Sloth (Seven Deadly Sins Book 3)