Start by marking “Fascinating Facts About Famous Fiction Authors and the Greatest Novels of All Time: The Book Lover’s Guide to Literary Trivia” as Want to Read:

If you love classic literature and reading novels from famous fiction authors then you are going to love this book!

In Fascinating Facts, literary trivia expert and author Dave Astor provides 100-plus short chapters which contain anecdotes, oddities, coincidences, and of course great trivia about the greatest authors who have ever put pen to paper. It’s no surprise that t
Published February 28th 2017 by DaveAstorWrites.com

Be the first to ask a question about Fascinating Facts About Famous Fiction Authors and the Greatest Novels of All Time

Start your review of Fascinating Facts About Famous Fiction Authors and the Greatest Novels of All Time: The Book Lover’s Guide to Literary Trivia
Kristin
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Each of the short, readable chapters in Fascinating Facts focuses on one obscure or quirky fact, sometimes paired with a related detail, that ties in to an author’s life or work. Even those well-versed in literary history will find lots of new trivia to contemplate and enjoy. Dave Astor has been working on this entertaining collection since 2011, discovering the details by reading biographies and scouring websites devoted to the featured authors. Great gift for teachers, literary friends, and co ...more
Victoria Ray
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was informative, enjoyable and easy to read book. I learned some new trivia, explored some new names and genres I might not have been exposed to before, and added some things to my to be read list. I really appreciated how the book is laid out. There are no consequences for reading out of order, leaving us the opportunity to pick it up and put it down at will... I think it would make a perfect gift option too.
Jonas Saul
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun, interesting and informative.
Brooke Banks
Time to officially call it quits. I haven't picked this back up since I logged it in January. Sorry. At best it was 'oh huh okay' level of interesting when reading, like polity listening to an alright coworker prattle on about trivia facts.

Probably best for those who do trivia and minutiae about old classics. I am my neither. I wanted to like it or at least be the kind of person who liked it. Lessoned learned.
Ricky Kimsey
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Triva About Famour Writers

The greatest writers of all time are celebrated in this book filled with fascinating facts and trivia about your favorite authors.
Kathy
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
I love trivia and I love books. This tome was truly OK. I did learn some new stuff but I thought some of the coincidences were stretched. If you like Dad jokes, you'll enjoy the author's humor. ...more
Susan B.
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very short tidbits. Wish there are been more.
Bill Ramsell
May 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: wtf
Written entirely in soundbyte-quality paragraphs. Don't waste your time. ...more
Douglas Jones
Jodi Gustafson
Apr 26, 2017
Joy  Cagil
Apr 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes, we get to know about (however from a distance) great people from what they write. The author of this book has been one of them for me. I didn’t know of Dave Astor’s blog or his other work until I read this book. If I was ever entertained by a serious book written in a light-hearted voice, it is this book which boasts an abundance of fascinating tidbits on authors and literature.

In spite of being not much of a trivia fan, I loved the trivia in this book, especially those about the Russ
Cher
Walter Keeth
May 03, 2017
Amy Rogers
Dec 10, 2018

• Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)
  • Punching the Air
  • Before the Ever After
  • The Perfect Catch (Texas Playmakers, #1)
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
  • Spring Fever
  • The Constant Gardener
  • The Madness Underneath (Shades of London, #2)
  • Dancing with Air (Still Life with Memories #4)
  • The Shadow Cabinet (Shades of London, #3)
  • The Name of the Star (Shades of London, #1)
  • Falling Into Forever (The Springs, #2)
  • Ghosts of Old Wilmington (Haunted America)
  • A Cowboy to Remember (Cowboys of California #1)
  • Duke of Sin (Maiden Lane, #10)
  • Know Me Well (Wishful, #2)
  • Loving Lauren (West #1)