Start by marking “On Point (Out of Uniform #3)” as Want to Read:
On Point (Out of Uniform #3)

On Point

(Out of Uniform #3)

Never fall for your best friend…

Pushing thirty, with his reenlistment looming, decorated navy sniper Maddox Horvat is taking a long look at what he really wants in life. And what he wants is Ben Tovey. It isn’t smart, falling for his best friend and fellow SEAL, but ten years with Ben has forged a bond so intimate Maddox can’t ignore it. He needs Ben by his side forever—he
Published June 5th 2017 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about On Point, please sign up.
Jerome all of Annabeth's book can be read as stand-alones. You may encounter characters from other books but you can read the series in the order you wish.…moreall of Annabeth's book can be read as stand-alones. You may encounter characters from other books but you can read the series in the order you wish. Plus, they're awesome! (less)

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
This story begins in Borneo with Maddox and Ben on a mission to rescue the kidnapped sons of two senators.

The mission doesn’t go as planned; the men are separated from their team and trapped in enemy territory. With a dislocated shoulder and cracked ribs, Ben half carries his best friend through the jungle. Maddox is pale and disoriented, with his leg twisted at an odd angle. Both men are injured, but Ben won’t leave Maddox behind.

On Point is a feast for those who love best-friends-to-lovers and
~Mindy Lynn~
Reread 2019 went up from 3 to 4 stars!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I anticipated this one the most. I enjoyed it, but there were things missing for me... And it pains me because I wanted this love story to be epic. But instead it fell flat and I was left quite disappointed.

The hospital scene about killed me for Maddox. His family was awful. He hadn't seen them in years because they didn't agree with who he was. Seeing them brought a spark of hope that was quickly put out when the
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m

➦Oh, but this was so yummy. Honestly, I think my most favorite book by this author.

➦I was waiting for some military action and boy did I get it in this book. It is amazingly written and I devoured it. These two army guys have been friends forever and have been getting deployed together for a long time. One has always been in love with the other, who doesn't believe in relationships. That's sort of a very rough gist of it but it's much much more!

➦This book kind of reminded me of HIM by Bowen and
Dia
4,5 STARS

When I finished At Attention I was SO excited to read Maddox and Ben's story.
I already knew Maddox was in love with his best-friend, Ben, but he thought he doesn't stand a chance. When he talked to Dylan about Ben, he revealed his feelings and how hopelessly he felt and well, I couldn't wait to see how these two will end up together.

I'm not sure why, but On Point didn't surprise me as much as I thought it will.
Annabeth Albert's writing style is still phenomenal, but I expected the ch
Virginia Cavanillas
Though this is book three in the "Out of Uniform" series by Annabeth Albert, it could be perfectly read as a standalone. In fact, "On Point" is my first book in this series and I enjoyed it so much, that I'm gonna read the first two as prequels.

There is something beautiful in the way this story starts, with Maddox and Ben taking care of each other in a mission that has gone down. The author shows us a protective Ben, a worried Maddox and the solid bound both share.
Just watching them interact is
Jewel
2.5 Stars
So much meh. Though I enjoyed the tension we got in the first part of the book, I wasn't fond of only experiencing what caused the weirdness between Ben and Maddox in flashbacks, rather than the present time. When they were in the jungle and then the hospital, though, I was hopeful that they would simply not be able to stay away from one another.

But, that isn't how things went down. When Ben and Maddox finally decide to embark on a relationship it was almost clinical and very unsatisfy
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
*4.5 stars*

Annabeth Albert is one of my favorite authors, and she kills it again with another excellent book in the Out of Uniform series!

There are very few authors who get auto-buy status from me, but Annabeth Albert is one of them. She simply writes the kinds of books that I like to read, and though military men aren't my usual fare, I just can't get enough of this series.

On Point is a best-friends-to-lovers story. Now, while I like friends-to-lovers in theory sometimes there isn't enough ten
Lyn
Audio - 5+++ stars!! JF Harding is my kryptonite/irresistible audio drug/therapy
Story - 4 stars

After reading the mix reviews, I serious considered skipping this installment, but two reason had me giving it a try: JF Harding, and my newly insatiable need for angst. I'm not talking about the kind with unnecessary OTT drama with characters that turn into human waterfalls because they can't stop crying!!!

That said, I really did end up enjoying Ben and Maddox's story. These guys had trust issues and
Nazanin
Aug 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m
3.5 Stars

Ben and Maddox both are in SEAL. They were first best friend and then they became roommate. And now they have feelings toward each other. But because of two nights in last months, their friendship becomes weird. So they decide to have a deal and see whether it going well or not. Okay, both of them were so uncertain about this deal. They both think one of them leave the other one, eventually. And this was my most problem with this story! They both constantly think they are not enough for
Jaime
4 stars -Friends to lovers Romance

On Point is book 3 in the Out of Uniform series by Annabeth Albert. This story focuses on Ben and Maddox and is a strong friends to lovers romance and full of angst. The romance in this book is a little slow, as you would expect with high angst, and the POV alternates between Ben and Maddox with time flashbacks as well.

Imagine the one person who has your back both while on a mission and when at home. He is your best friend and partner on your SEAL team. Now ima
Ele
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*
"I 've got your back. Leap with me, Maddox's gaze urged. And same as Ben had followed him on their first dive, out their first HALO jump, he made a choice to believe in that. To leap. Together."

This is definitely my favorite series by Annabeth Albert. After reading At Attention I was crazy excited for Maddox and Ben's story. On Point did not disappoint, and it can be read as a standalone, but I highly recommend reading the first two books as well.

My highlights:

-"Friends-to-love
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Group Review w/my fellow unis- Adam & Baby !

4.5 Hearts

I don’t even have the words to express how glad I am that this worked out. I tiptoed into this house of cards like it was going to come crashing down around me at any second.

But it turned out to be my most successful Albert read! I devoured it too.

Maddox and Ben are best friends who are on the same SEAL team. I’m a fan of the friends to lovers trope and this was really good best-friends-who-don’t-want-to-lose-their-best-friend-but-damn-I
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

3/5/18 - $0.99 Amazon Sale!!

******************************************

***4.75 Stars***

Review to come closer to release....BUT I gotta say this was some fabulously delicious friends to lovers angst. Just the right amount and I gobbled it up with gusto! Hands down my favorite in the series!

Each book can easily be read as a standalone, so you don't have to read the previous 2 books to pick up this one...which I TOTALLY RECOMMEND that you do!

***ARC receiv
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
4.5 Stars!

I initially wasn't going to round up on this one but.....that. epilogue. It was pretty swoon-worthy.

Overall, I liked this one quite a bit. But there were a few things I wasn't super thrilled with.

(1) I thought they started dating for all of the wrong reasons - namely because Ben didn't want Maddox dating anyone else. BUT, deep down I did think Ben and Maddox did care for and have strong feeling for each other.

(2) I was a little annoyed with the drama around 80%. Kind of made me roll
Shile

3 stars for before the dating thing

I enjoy the best friends to lovers trope, and I loved Ben and Maddox in book 2 i was looking forward to read about them but i was disappointed. I did not feel the spark, no butterflies for me when they got together. But maybe its just me not the book.

description

The beginning was great i was hooked, i loved the flashbacks, Ben taking care of Maddox it was all roses, i was hoping for UST,the chemistry to blow me a way but, all of a sudden it was like i turned the page and i
Nicola
May 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, m-m
DNF @ 68%.

Started great (what earned it 2 stars) and I thought we were heading towards a romance with some real depth but alas, it was not to be. I didn't feel any particularly chemistry between these guys as I'd expect considering it's a best-friends-to-lovers story, the dirty talk sounded forced and unnatural and all-in-all I was just a bit...meh. Shame, as I really liked these characters in the previous books in the series, but it felt like a different author had written this.

Copy received c
SheReadsALot
Group review with Adam and Cupcake!

4.25 Hearts--Sometimes a book will remind me of a song of three. And this one for me while reading On Point is Smooth Criminal...

That's what Ben is.

Well to me, anyway.

The couple that seemed super obvious finally happens in the friends to lovers romance, On Point. Navy SEALs Maddox and Ben are best friends for life. They do everything together ever since the beginning of their military careers, sharing life experiences along the way. Now nearing thirty, reenli
.Lili.
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book gave me a case of reviewers block, so I'll keep it short and sweet.

What I loved:

-Best friends to lovers
-Well developed characters and characters growth
-Awesome chemistry between Maddox and Ben
-I won't go into detail, but there were a couple of things I've never seen from Annabeth Albert before, and she nailed them.
-And the end was sweet and fluffy.

This book just further cemented why I love this series and this author! 5 Stars!

Annabeth Albert:

* A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 Stars!

Let me just say that I'm one very satisfied customer. I admit, the first 2 stories in this series were not my favorites, but it says something when I finish a book that’s over 300 pages in one sitting. That hasn’t happened to me in a long time and it just goes to show that this was a major win.

There is nothing groundbreaking in this friends to lovers story, but for some reason it ticked off all my boxes. Tough military badasses? Check. Off the charts UST? Check. Twisty emotions of doub
Line
Meh... This one fell sort of flat for me. Maddox and Ben were okay characters, but they never got me on the edge of my seat like Apollo and Dylan did.
And UGH that 'mother'-character... WHYYYYYY? I get that she was the reason for some of Ben's issues, but she pissed me off, and the whole (again) 'flat' text she sent him... *sigh*
I don't know if I'm really excited about Dustin's book, but maybe that'll change later on.
Christelle
Ben and Maddox have been friends and SEAL teammates for a long time now. But lately, things have changed between them and their relationship is taking a toll. After a difficult mission where they were both gravely injured, they had to remain at home to heal and work out their attraction.

SEALs, friends to lover, setting in San Diego, two strong and hot men : I was rubbing my hands, anticipating a great read and the start did deliver : flashbacks revealing the change of dynamics between Ben and Ma
Fabi
On Point is my favorite in the series so far because TWO Navy SEALS. Yes, I'm shallow like that. ;-)

Seriously, how can anyone resist a romance with two big, tough, 30 y.o. MEN. Not me. I'm not that strong.

This friends to lovers story had enough UST and heat on a big king size bed to make a fire extinguisher a necessity.

Plus we got an action and suspense SEAL heart stopping scene. My inner 12 y.o. boy liked that part best.

I really liked this book. Especially compared with the last one which wasn'
Meags
4 Stars

Maddox and Ben's friends-to-lovers romance was sweet and sexy, with a splash of action and a dash of delicious hurt-comfort moments, and a HEA that had my dopey grin firmly in place long after the final page was turned.

I enjoyed watching these two navigate their changing relationship, using lots of "science experiments" to test the waters. Although there was nothing particularly new about this friends-to-lovers plot, I enjoyed it all the same, probably because Albert is such a great writ
Zoe
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heartfelt, engrossing, and red-hot!

This is a friends-to-more romance that is told from two different points of view. Maddox, a sweet, handsome Seal who prefers the simple life outside the military, including spending quality time with friends and baking yummy treats. And Ben, a fun, flirty Seal who loves nothing more than the adrenaline and action of the Navy and hooking up as much as possible. But like most of Albert's characters there's a lot more to these men than meets the eye and something
Elsbeth
*4.5 stars*

I loved this. Fav one of this series until now. Loved the friends-to-lovers trope. Loved their friendship.

description

The only thing I didn't like that much was when Maddox told he didn't want to enlist anymore. I wanted to kick Ben's ass because of his reaction. And that he was sulking for a few weeks.... Maddox was too easy for him when he came crawling back. I mean, I understood Ben being afraid of commitment. He's been let down a lot. The only sure thing he could trust was Maddox having his b
Jess-the-MOOD-reader
ON POINT by Annabeth Albert was supposed to knock my socks off. I had read great things about this book and I had high hopes. Unfortunately I was disappointed in one of the characters in particular, and I don't think I can get on board and like him-which kind of left a sour taste in my mouth for the whole read.

Ben and Maddox have been dancing around each other for years. Never being single at the same time proves difficult for their secret attraction to one another. Being a Navy SEAL and always
CrabbyPatty
On Point is the third book in the Out of Uniform series by Annabeth Albert, and while you'll definitely want to read the entire series, I think this book could easily be read as a stand-alone.

Ben and Maddox have been friends since they met during Hell Week of SEAL training, and over a decade later, their friendship remains solid and reliable. The story starts with a mission that goes wrong, leaving Ben and Maddox stranded and gravely injured in the jungles of Indonesia and struggling to reach th
Ky
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another 5-star book by Annabeth Albert!

This is Maddox and Ben's story. They have been best friends and teammates for more than a decade, but are also attracted to each other, so they have to decide if being together is worth risking their friendship.

However, this isn't the only thing that's been going on in their lives. After a mission that had them fighting to survive, Maddox decides it's time for some changes in his life. He wants to start doing things that make him happy instead of always tr
Martin
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the Out of Uniform series.
After Apollo, we now get another brooding hero in Ben, the promiscuous party boy, who tries to get over his wrecked marriage by working through an endless string of hook-ups.

His room mate Maddox watches Ben's ways with quiet resignation. Being best friends since BUD/S training, Maddox and Ben have become room mates after Ben's divorce and watching his friend bring strangers into their home for sex is a particularly unpleasant experience for the quiet,
Richard Derus
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quiltbag, kindled
Rating: 3.5* of five

Eleven instances of the w-verb take an entire star off this book's rating. I will have nice things to say after my day's business is concluded.

• Point of Contact
  • The Only One Who Matters (The Only One, #2)
  • True Colors (True Love, #2)
  • Anchors Aweigh (Maritime Men, #2)
  • Her Majesty's Men
  • Daylight Again (Hell or High Water, #3)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part II (Special Forces, #2 part 2)
  • The Telling (The Telling, #1)
  • Love on a Wing and a Prayer
  • General Misconduct (Conduct Unbecoming, #2)
  • The Truth About Riley
  • Sharp Love (Gambling on Love, #2)
  • Only Love (Only Love, #1)
  • Semper Fi
  • Married for a Month
  • Ready For Love (Semper Fi, The Forever Faithful, #1)
  • Sarge (F.I.S.T.S. #1)
  • Barrel Proof (Agents Irish and Whiskey, #3)
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.

Out of Uniform (7 books)
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
  • At Attention (Out of Uniform, #2)
  • Wheels Up (Out of Uniform #4)
  • Squared Away (Out of Uniform, #5)
  • Tight Quarters (Out of Uniform, #6)
  • Rough Terrain (Out of Uniform, #7)
“Maddox had been kissed there before. Polite little explorations, tentative tongue flicks, quick forays before the main event. But Ben made a meal out of his ass—a seven-course banquet of sensation and tongue fucking. Like literally, fucking, tongue delving deep. That was new, deliciously so. “God.” 0 likes
“Please let him keep sleeping in here.” 0 likes