Start by marking “Hello Mornings: How to Build a Grace-Filled, Life-Giving Morning Routine” as Want to Read:
Hello Mornings: How to Build a Grace-Filled, Life-Giving Morning Routine

Hello Mornings: How to Build a Grace-Filled, Life-Giving Morning Routine

Are you ready to wake up for your life and not just to your life?

Don't worry; you don’t have to be a morning person to start each new day well. Join Kat Lee and thousands of women from countries around the world who have learned to maximize their mornings. In Hello Mornings, Kat introduces a simple yet powerful three-minute morning routine that integrates Bible study,
Published December 5th 2017 by Thomas Nelson (first published December 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Hello Mornings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hello Mornings

Start your review of Hello Mornings: How to Build a Grace-Filled, Life-Giving Morning Routine
Callie
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2018
2.5/5 stars

So, this book did not make a great first impression on me. Here we go.

Negatives

My main issue with this book is that I felt from the very first chapter the gospel was presented very weakly, or even misrepresented because of ommission of the key points of the gospel. Kat Lee opens the book with this explanation:

“Friends, I don’t know where you are in your journey with God. I don’t know how many times you’ve tried to spend time with Him or read the Word or prayed and felt as if you
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Nov 25, 2017 marked it as to-read
Mornings are crucial for starting your day on the right foot, and Hello Mornings is a positive, upbeat way to help focus on your plans. Spiritually-focused, Kat Lee has a friendly way of writing, just like she's talking to you. She says early on that she's not naturally organized, so it's something she has to work on, too. Filled with strategies and good ideas, I found this a refreshing read with much self-acceptance. I hope to incorporate some of Kat's ideas. For example, she has a great ...more
Literary Soirée
Kat Lee shows how to enliven both faith and life in this simple, yet inspiring guide. Easy to follow, her approach to embracing God at day’s start and to living unabashedly in His love provide hope and increased vigor to anyone seeking renewal. Highly recommended!

Thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for the review copy.

#HelloMornings #NetGalley
Jan 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This book had a great idea about taking just 3 minutes in the morning to focus and plan your day and start with a small prayer. Did it help me to stop being late and yelling at my kids to get in the car? Nope. But that would actually take a miracle.
M&A Schulz
Too much Fluff

For the record, I love Kat Lee. I listen to all episodes of her podcast, and believe her ministry is amazing. But this book was 'meh'. If you have read Crystal Payne's morning series or have participated in a Christ-centered mornings challenge, you should skip this book. Yes, it's good information, but it's nothing that hasn't been discussed before in similar circles. I did use it as a nice refresher as to why my morning time is important, which doesn't hurt!
Erica
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It had lots of practical advice for implementing good habits and starting your day off right! I loved how she had everything come back to our purpose of doing everything to please God and being prepared for what He's called us to do. Looking forward to putting what I learned into practice.
Erin
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic book! Borrowed this from the library but will be buying my own copy. So much practical and powerful advice and encouragement.
Hillary Baden
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I am a big Kat Lee fan and love listening to her podcasts so I was really excited to get a chance to read this book. I knew it would be very helpful and I wasn't disappointed!

I really appreciate that this book is filled with resources, ideas and examples to help you kick-start your morning routine, without making it complicated. A good start to your day doesn't have to be long and complicated but we often get caught up believing that it does. Kat's method to starting your day off on the right
Rachael
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kat Lee’s book centers on her 3 minute morning method of starting your day with, at minimum, a minute of prayer, a minute of planning, and a minute of a workout or drinking water. This is such a great way to start a good habit and maintain it throughout life’s ups and downs, sickness, traveling, etc. Obviously the goal is to expand that 3 minute morning to more time in God’s Word and prayer, planning, and healthy choices. I felt like she could have written more about the gospel, but overall I ...more
Rebecca  Cal
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even if you are already a morning person... I chuckled when I randomly picked up this book to read because I already love mornings and have a pretty consistent quiet time. But, I was pleasantly surprised. Lee has some great insights sprinkled through the book, and the three minute morning routine is actually inspiring and freeing. I’m an all or nothing sort of person, and this book helped me realize that a little done consistently is better than a whole lot every once in a while. Also, the ideas ...more
Shannan Williams
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I have always been a morning person, but not a very organized person. Kat Lee does a wonderful job at suggesting how to get on a morning routine with Jesus. This book is honestly really good and I highly recommend it to anyone trying to find just a few moments to spend with Jesus and not feel guilty.
Tina
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was hesitant to read another book about developing consistent morning routines and Bible study habits. What more could be said? However, I loved Kat's focus on why we are doing this and also on keeping it simple and building from there. I'm looking forward to implementing her ideas. It was also an enjoyable read as she writes with honesty and humor.
Alissa
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Practical, inspirational and actionable. A good read close to the new year.
Lisa
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book would be great for building or getting back to a good morning routine. It can sound over simplified, but I like how the author explains the meaning behind that, plus give ideas for how to build on those simple routines. Good ideas in the appendices for how to have a quiet time.
Relyn
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Eh.. Insert shrug of shoulders here.
Julie Beebe
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: my friends and family.
Recommended to Julie by: I received a free advance digital copy from NetGalley and Thomas Nelson for my honest opinion
How we start our day matters. I'm a life-long night owl. I've always struggled with getting up early and moving. The following quote convicted me. "So instead of saying, 'I don’t have time to exercise or read my Bible,' try saying, 'Exercising and Bible reading aren’t my priority.' If that feels awful, perhaps it’s time to do some realignment." - Kat Lee No matter what season of life you are in Hello Mornings will help you start and live each day with an intentional purpose for God. Through this ...more
Jane
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. My morning routine had become rather lacklustre, in fact it would be wrong to call it a routine as I basically just woke up and hit the ground running. So I wanted to give my mornings a bit of a kick start and this book was the perfect remedy. Especially coming into the summer months when it is even more challenging be disciplined about rising early.

Kat's book is full of tips and inspiration on how to make your mornings work for you, incorporating the 3 essentials of God time, Plan
Zaira Russell
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianity
This is the best book that I read this year, followed closely by Relationships a Mess Worth Making. I love this book. It is super practical and it involves a great deal of how to options that make waking up in the morning a joy. I really recommend this book to anyone, no matter what season you are in, this book can uplift your perspective and make you much more productive, for God's glory.
Felicia
Mar 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've enjoyed listening to Kat Lee's podcasts 'Inspired to Action' and 'Hello Mornings' and was excited.....no...ecstatic when I saw her book, Hello Mornings, was out to review. My expectations were met in this book! I've drawn stars by key points, folded down corners to mark favorite sections, quoted on Facebook, and shared a couple Instagram snapshots of the pages.

Kat Lee's platform, which she shares on her website, podcasts, Facebook community and now her book, is for women to start their day
Christina
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hello Mornings is a book dedicated to building a three part morning routine that the author has found to do amazing things in her life. The idea is that you start your mornings with God Time, Plan Time and Move Time. She starts with a simple 3-minute version of this routine, and then gives you a myriad of ways that you can build on it. She also discusses habits, the power of a good routine, and why it's important to start your day with God so that the rest of your day falls in line with your ...more
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Years ago, I stumbled across a Hello Mornings online Bible study group, and it helped me establish a routine of getting up early and spending a few minutes in God's Word. This practice has changed my life in every way, and I'm grateful that Kat Lee has put her methods into book form.

This book is a practical tool to help you prioritize time with God in the morning. It is full to the brim with practical help and suggestions. Her main idea is to start with a three-minute, three-pronged approach to
Mechthild
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You can manage your mornings well
Kat Lee is the hostess of the "Hello Morning" Podcasts, the creator of the "Hello Morning.org", offers Bible studies, and is also a writer and speaker. Her goal with her book "Hello Mornings: How to Build a Grace-Filled Life-Giving Morning Routine" is to show the readers the importance of mornings for starting the day right. In reality the book is not only about mornings, but about living exceptionally and intentionally. Kat is very open and honest. She does not
Marie Granieri
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Thought to start the year reading a book about ways to bring grace filled habits into my morning routine. Kat's book is filled with simple ideas and wonderful experiences from her own life that help bring meaning to her God + Plan + Move three minute morning routine. I love her constant reflection on Psalm 143:8 and now say this prayer during the early hours of my day. In particular I loved the story she shares about a sailing trip she took with her brother and father and what happened when they ...more
Cate
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange of my honest review, all opinions are mine
Kat Lee is one of my favorite podcast hosts ever. She hosts two amazing podcasts, Inspired to Action (currently on hiatus!) and Hello Mornings, a podcast about making the most of your mornings. Her new book, "Hello Mornings" is a great extension of the latter and expands on so much more than the usual morning routine.

Kat shows her readers how to create a morning routine made of three parts..in just three minutes. Doesn't
Tima
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Are mornings difficult? Does it seem that the morning starts of okay and then your schedule goes awry? Or is getting into a routine in the first place seem daunting? The author, now well known for her podcasts and founder of HelloMornings.org, took the information she's been sharing and put it together in a book for those looking to invigorate and change their mornings. The book has a Christian theme and gives the simple steps that the author found to work so well for her.

I am definitely one in
Mandi
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I'm not a morning person. I've wanted to be a morning person since I was a teenager. I've bought countless fancy journals thinking that would make me want to get up and have quiet time with God. It's been my goal constantly.
I love the concept of this book. I honestly went into reading it thinking it was going to be a waste of my time. I'm 37. If I haven't figured out how to be a morning person in more then 20 years of trying this wasn't going to change anything.
What I found in this book was
Sherri Smith
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books that is of a non-fiction genre that I have read in a long time. What I enjoy about the book is how easy it is to understand and how I want to just dive in and start my mornings off on the right foot.

Kat Lee gives ways, ideas, of how we can start our mornings with a new routine. It's something small that can grow into a life-changing experience, just by dedicating a few moments in time.

On the back of the book, the statement that describes the book is perhaps my
Create With Joy
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hello Mornings is an inspiring book that is based upon a really simple 3-minute, 3-step routine that helps you begin your day by focusing on God first – then establishing your plans for the day – then doing something healthy. While Kat offers specific steps to get you started, she also provides workbook style guidance – with space for journaling – to help you identify any potential barriers to getting started and to help you customize the plan so that it fits your personality, lifestyle and ...more
Elisa
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I give this book 5 stars because it was inspirational and quote worthy. I found zero negatives in it. There is nothing I would get rid of. It has inspired me to use my mornings well, and that it really only takes 3 minutes to meet that objective. I can do more of course and it is explained how to do more or less in a morning routine. I can choose and be happy with what I do have time for.

I am memorizing Psalm 143:8 because of this book and find it is what I need right now. I will be
Julie Overpeck aka Mrs. O's Library
I received a digital advanced reader copy of this from #netgalley and Thomas Nelson. All opinions are my own.

I truly enjoyed this book. I am not a morning person and have struggled for years with the imagined guilt of not being able to get up early enough to have a quiet time with God before my day begins. I already get up at 5:30, and I didn't see how I could fit anything else in. Enter Kat's gentle encouragement to try 3 minutes. Everyone has 3 minutes. After a while, 3 minutes may not be
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Just Open the Door: How One Invitation Can Change a Generation
  • The Lifegiving Parent: Giving Your Child a Life Worth Living for Christ
  • A Simplified Life: Tactical Tools for Intentional Living
  • If You Only Knew: My Unlikely, Unavoidable Story of Becoming Free
  • The Next Right Thing: A Simple, Soulful Practice for Making Life Decisions
  • Decluttering at the Speed of Life: Winning Your Never-Ending Battle with Stuff
  • Refresh: Embracing a Grace-Paced Life in a World of Endless Demands
  • Cultivate: A Grace-Filled Guide to Growing an Intentional Life
  • The Read-Aloud Family: Making Meaningful and Lasting Connections with Your Kids
  • You Can Stay Home with Your Kids!: 100 Tips, Tricks, and Ways to Make It Work on a Budget
  • Devoted: Great Men and Their Godly Moms
  • Grace, Not Perfection: Embracing Simplicity, Celebrating Joy
  • Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds
  • Dance, Stand, Run: The God-Inspired Moves of a Woman on Holy Ground
  • The Lifegiving Home: Creating a Place of Belonging and Becoming
  • Remember God
  • The Brave Learner: Finding Everyday Magic in Homeschool, Learning, and Life
  • When Less Becomes More: Making Space for Slow, Simple, and Good

Kat Lee is passionate about teaching others how to jumpstart each day with a grace-filled, life-giving morning routine. She is a writer, speaker, podcaster, and founder of HelloMornings.org. She and her husband, Jimmy, live in Waco, Texas with their three children.
“Only wear the labels God gives you. All others hold you back.” 1 likes
“the wild, faithful pursuit of big adventures is so much more glamorous than the wild, faithful pursuit of the everyday. But it’s in the middle of the mundane that we lay the foundation for our greatest adventures.” 0 likes