Start by marking “100 Days to Brave: Devotions for Unlocking Your Most Courageous Self” as Want to Read:
100 Days to Brave: Devotions for Unlocking Your Most Courageous Self

100 Days to Brave: Devotions for Unlocking Your Most Courageous Self

You were always meant to be brave. Whether you're making a major decision, dealing with a difficult transition, or facing a fear, 100 Days to Brave will give you courage and confidence to move forward. With honesty and relatable humor, Annie F. Downs inspires you to embrace the path and plan God has for you and encourages you to experience personal growth.

100 Days to Brav
Published October 24th 2017 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about 100 Days to Brave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Days to Brave

Start your review of 100 Days to Brave: Devotions for Unlocking Your Most Courageous Self
Amy
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I listen to Annie's podcast. The book this devotional is based off of, Let's All Be Brave, is really important to me. 100 days, unfortunately, was just too long for this devotional. While there were meaningful, challenging days, there were also a lot of filler, fluff days. Also, I lost steam personally, which isn't Annie's fault, but I feel having less of the fluffy, filler days would have helped me maintain momentum.
Raymond
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it
It took me longer than 100 days but I finally finished. It gave me alot to think on.
alisonwonderland (Alison)
I’ve been reading this for the past 100ish days. I’m not sure if I’m braver than when I started, but Annie Downs has definitely given me a lot to think about!
Rachel A.  Dawson
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-rad-reads, faith
I have been a fan of Annie F. Downs for a LONG time and her newest book just confirms all the things I love about her. Her voice is so refreshing — honest, hilarious, heartfelt. This book of 100 short devotions is the perfect way to focus on courage and bravery, and it feels like you’re sitting down with a best friend over coffee and encouraging each other to be your very best selves. It’s a gift. It doesn’t feel cheesy or cliche or shallow, but just real and helpful and so uplifting. I read thr ...more
Amanda Anger
One of the best devotionals I've read! The daily readings are short enough to add easily into my daily rhythms, yet they're poignant enough to interrupt the way I naturally think. Each day's reading includes an action point, which may be as simple as listening to a song or writing an encouraging statement on my mirror; or it may be as involved as asking a mentor to lunch or journaling about the call of God on my life.

I would recommend going through this devotional with a friend, so you can disc
Natalyn Houk
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Downs is encouraging and creative. She is easy to read and easy to relate to.

See my full review: https://northofnonsensesouthofsophist...
Talia
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite devotional that I have ever done! Usually when I pick up a "40 day or 365 day" type study, I get bored after a couple weeks. I stuck with this one and finished it completely, and will do it again!
Annie F. Downs writes as if she is your wise, kind and understanding friend - with just the right message. Highly recommended!
Steph Carr
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
So... It took a long while to read this one since I didn't do it in 100 consecutive days. I'm fine with that since so many of these moments ended up lining up perfectly with my life when I did. In day 99, she references talking about day 3 and the bravery of her move to Nashville. I'm currently surrounded by boxes, packing for my own move to Nashville. Moving wasn't even in my mind back then, and it didn't really hit until I finished the book that this was planting seeds of bravery God knew I'd ...more
Jack
Jul 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
"Earth (the book)" by The Daily Show with Jon Stewart defined a self-help book as a book written by an author "who self-helped themselves to sad people's money".

Jesus Christ, I work at a store that plays an ad for this book every 10-15 minutes, and it is the most obnoxious, psuedo-intellectual, condescending, placating tripe that I've ever had too suffer through...multiple times a day. "What does it mean to be brave? Is it the way you speak or stand? Or does it have to do with small acts of lea
Katie M.  Reid
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great devotional for adults or teens, 100 Days to Brave is a quick and easy read that will help motivate you to take action on living a more courageous life (in manageable, actionable steps). This would make a wonderful gift for graduates.
Jess
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing journey and devotional that touched my life in so many ways. It has shown me that even when I do not feel brave, I am being courageous in little ways with each decision that I make. A wonderful read!
Michaela
Apr 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for a book overflowing with strengthening verses and devotionals, look no further: this is it. And I truly think it will affect different people in different ways through different times and walks of life. For me, some days were just nice little reminders; others were incredibly deep and relatable messages. I always found each section something that I needed to learn or consider afresh or be reminded of, whatever the day. Certain sections that were particularly relevant to me ...more
Lindsey
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was ok
If you need some unbelievably shallow self-help that you call “devotional”, perhaps this book is for you. If I were a preteen or teenage girl, maybe I would have liked it more. But really, this book has no substance or meat. This is self-help with a few Bible verses sprinkled in. (And I love self help and I love the Bible. I just don’t like self-help pretending to be more than it is.) It is essentially the same as reading a very privileged person’s blog about all the ways they’re going to slay. ...more
Krista Mc
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was so exciting to make it to Day 100! Many of the "days" had really good thoughts in them--they were thought-provoking without being burdensome or trivial.

One of my favorite things about this book was its size--it fits well in the hand and the pages are smooth.

The special thing about this book is that it was given to me out of the blue by a friend who said, "Do you want to do this with me?" And I said, "Yes!" and that was the first step to being brave.
Mary-Faith
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
It felt so weird to not read this today!

I ended up absolutely adoring this. Annie's stories were so endearing and illustrated each point perfectly. I think that we kind of put bravery in this box of what it's supposed to be, and we forget that it can be something as simple as deciding to text a friend, or exercise, or ask God a question. There are so many ways we can be brave; we just have to be willing and open.

I can't wait to read more of Annie's books in the future.
Angela
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Love Love. My first Annie F. Downs book and I got to Day 5 before adding all others to my GoodReads To Be Read list. I love how relatable, and funny and practical the advice and stories are. I love hearing her voice sound like my own telling me that it won't all be beautiful-but be brave anyway. Loved it.
Tiffany Friend
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say enough about this book. It made me face fears and consider things that were hindering my relationship with God. It helped me cultivate a deeper relationship with him by stepping out in faith and stomping out fear that held me captive. I recommend this book to everyone in any walk of life!
Schuyler
Aug 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed going through this with a friend for the 100 days to brave challenge. It gives simple, practical challenges, and some of the question prompts helped spark vision for this next season of my life. I'm looking forward to where the Lord decides to take it.
Kathy Van
May 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I just love Annie F. Downs. Her perspective and how she is able to put into words exactly how I'm feeling and what I need to hear is incredible. Great devotional! I bought the book for this as well and can't wait to read it.
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Reading a book by Annie Downs can feel like getting to know a new friend. She is open and vulnerable in her stories and creates daily devotionals that are both interesting and practical. It is even a book that can be read over and over again.
Emily L Zimmerman
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This devotional will help you walk through being a more godly, braver version of you. It addresses all the areas of wellness and what makes you you.
Cece
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A devotional a little different from the average. I enjoyed this, even though I read a few a day. Authentic as if sitting and chatting with your best friend. Love her heart for people and God.
Raena
Jul 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: didn-t-finish
DNF. Didn't feel like I needed to be brave about anything right now. Lots of her personal anecdotes about how she's been brave.
Stacy
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This took me longer than 100 days to finish. 😂
Amy
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
It took me longer than 100 days to read this book. I did enjoy this book very much and it definitely challenged my thinking.
Amanda Yamate
Sep 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Took me awhile to get in the groove with it. Obviously needed Down’s words more now than I have in the past.
Heather
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was exactly what I needed for this season! She encourages all of us to be brave. To see the small acts that are brave, that so many of us over look. Annie is such a great story teller and a friend, even though we’ve never met! I highly encourage reading this book!!
Melanie
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great devotional - one that I will do over and over again. I'm also buying more to give out as gifts.
valerie
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
It took me a little longer than 100 days to read this devotional. :) I loved it and it has been the book that I have given as a gift multiple times this year.
Lauren Curtis
Apr 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is the best devotional I have ever read. 100% recommend to anyone who struggles with anxiety, fear, insecurity... This devotional touches on all of those things and more. It was such a journey for me. I’ve learned so much in these last 100 days.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Embraced: 100 Devotions to Know God Is Holding You Close
  • You Are the Girl for the Job: Daring to Believe the God Who Calls You
  • It's Not Supposed to Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered
  • Get Out of Your Head: Stopping the Spiral of Toxic Thoughts
  • Rhythms of Renewal: Trading Stress and Anxiety for a Life of Peace and Purpose
  • The Next Right Thing: A Simple, Soulful Practice for Making Life Decisions
  • Own Your Everyday:  Overcome the Pressure to Prove and Show Up for What You're Made to Do
  • Everybody, Always: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People
  • Beholding and Becoming: The Art of Everyday Worship
  • The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery
  • Nothing to Prove: Why We Can Stop Trying So Hard
  • You Are Free: Be Who You Already Are
  • If You Only Knew: My Unlikely, Unavoidable Story of Becoming Free
Annie F. Downs is an author, blogger, and speaker based in Nashville, Tennessee. Flawed but funny, she uses her writing to highlight the everyday goodness of a real and present God.

An author of three books-  Let's All Be Brave Perfectly Unique , and  Speak Love , Annie also loves traveling around the country speaking to young women, college students, and adults.

Read more at anniefdowns.