Start by marking “100 Days to Brave: Devotions for Unlocking Your Most Courageous Self” as Want to Read:
100 Days to Brave: Devotions for Unlocking Your Most Courageous Self

100 Days to Brave: Devotions for Unlocking Your Most Courageous Self

You were always meant to be brave.

Whether you're making a major decision, dealing with a difficult transition, or facing a fear, 100 Days to Brave will give you courage and confidence to move forward.

Annie F. Downs felt her challenges were too difficult, too scary, too much. Then she decided to stop allowing fear to hold her back. It wasn't easy or simple. But it was good.
Published October 24th 2017 by Zondervan

To ask other readers questions about 100 Days to Brave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Days to Brave

Amy
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I listen to Annie's podcast. The book this devotional is based off of, Let's All Be Brave, is really important to me. 100 days, unfortunately, was just too long for this devotional. While there were meaningful, challenging days, there were also a lot of filler, fluff days. Also, I lost steam personally, which isn't Annie's fault, but I feel having less of the fluffy, filler days would have helped me maintain momentum.
Rachel Dawson
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-rad-reads, faith
I have been a fan of Annie F. Downs for a LONG time and her newest book just confirms all the things I love about her. Her voice is so refreshing — honest, hilarious, heartfelt. This book of 100 short devotions is the perfect way to focus on courage and bravery, and it feels like you’re sitting down with a best friend over coffee and encouraging each other to be your very best selves. It’s a gift. It doesn’t feel cheesy or cliche or shallow, but just real and helpful and so uplifting. I read thr ...more
alisonwonderland
I’ve been reading this for the past 100ish days. I’m not sure if I’m braver than when I started, but Annie Downs has definitely given me a lot to think about!
Raymond
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it
It took me longer than 100 days but I finally finished. It gave me alot to think on.
Natalyn Houk
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-reviewed
Downs is encouraging and creative. She is easy to read and easy to relate to.

See my full review: https://northofnonsensesouthofsophist...
Steph Carr
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
So... It took a long while to read this one since I didn't do it in 100 consecutive days. I'm fine with that since so many of these moments ended up lining up perfectly with my life when I did. In day 99, she references talking about day 3 and the bravery of her move to Nashville. I'm currently surrounded by boxes, packing for my own move to Nashville. Moving wasn't even in my mind back then, and it didn't really hit until I finished the book that this was planting seeds of bravery God knew I'd ...more
Jack
Jul 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
"Earth (the book)" by The Daily Show with Jon Stewart defined a self-help book as a book written by an author "who self-helped themselves to sad people's money".

Jesus Christ, I work at a store that plays an ad for this book every 10-15 minutes, and it is the most obnoxious, psuedo-intellectual, condescending, placating tripe that I've ever had too suffer through...multiple times a day. "What does it mean to be brave? Is it the way you speak or stand? Or does it have to do with small acts of lea
Katie M.  Reid
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great devotional for adults or teens, 100 Days to Brave is a quick and easy read that will help motivate you to take action on living a more courageous life (in manageable, actionable steps). This would make a wonderful gift for graduates.
Jess
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing journey and devotional that touched my life in so many ways. It has shown me that even when I do not feel brave, I am being courageous in little ways with each decision that I make. A wonderful read!
Krista Mc
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
It was so exciting to make it to Day 100! Many of the "days" had really good thoughts in them--they were thought-provoking without being burdensome or trivial.

One of my favorite things about this book was its size--it fits well in the hand and the pages are smooth.

The special thing about this book is that it was given to me out of the blue by a friend who said, "Do you want to do this with me?" And I said, "Yes!" and that was the first step to being brave.
Angela
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love Love Love. My first Annie F. Downs book and I got to Day 5 before adding all others to my GoodReads To Be Read list. I love how relatable, and funny and practical the advice and stories are. I love hearing her voice sound like my own telling me that it won't all be beautiful-but be brave anyway. Loved it.
Mary-Faith
It felt so weird to not read this today!

I ended up absolutely adoring this. Annie's stories were so endearing and illustrated each point perfectly. I think that we kind of put bravery in this box of what it's supposed to be, and we forget that it can be something as simple as deciding to text a friend, or exercise, or ask God a question. There are so many ways we can be brave; we just have to be willing and open.

I can't wait to read more of Annie's books in the future.
Emily L Zimmerman
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This devotional will help you walk through being a more godly, braver version of you. It addresses all the areas of wellness and what makes you you.
Cece Reed
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A devotional a little different from the average. I enjoyed this, even though I read a few a day. Authentic as if sitting and chatting with your best friend. Love her heart for people and God.
Heather
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was exactly what I needed for this season! She encourages all of us to be brave. To see the small acts that are brave, that so many of us over look. Annie is such a great story teller and a friend, even though we’ve never met! I highly encourage reading this book!!
valerie
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
It took me a little longer than 100 days to read this devotional. :) I loved it and it has been the book that I have given as a gift multiple times this year.
Tiffany
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the exact book I needed at the perfect time. The daily devotionals are short enough that you have no excuse to not do them. They don’t take much time out of your day but the impact is huge. I especially liked the Be Brave action item at the end of each devotional. Sometimes I read devotionals that are great but I don’t really know how to take it and apply it to my life. Annie solves this problem by giving an action item each day. They make you step out of your comfort zone but aren’t ov ...more
Htb2050
Dec 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
The main issue with this book was that it was full of issues. The author just keeps on talking about her own problems in the book at times. The number of times she talks about how she is single and what her therapists say etc etc. There isn't God in any of those those are human problem and can be solved easily of she stops focusing on those this much.

You can't just make God responsible for all of your problems. Somethings are because of your own doings. Acceptance is the first step. And then ta
Sonia Gilbertson
This book was a solid meh. There was nothing dislikeable about it, but there was nothing particularly profound.One of those books you wouldn't recommend, and you wouldn't stop someone from reading.
Perhaps this is more suited to a teenage audience. Downs is a friendly light-hearted read. The thing is her messages were obvious and the daily challenges were underwhelming. But maybe I'm too old for this book.
Hunter Mallone
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pops of confetti everywhere for this book! I loved this devotional dearly. It has perfect timing coming into my life! I would love for Annie to do a 365 day devotional. Go out into the world and be brave!
Elizabeth "Eli" Olmedo
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wouldn’t put my name and brave in the same sentence. I’m terrified of everything. Anyone in that boat knows how exhausting that can be. Maybe that’s what drew me to 100 Days to Brave — a desperate desire for change.

Annie F. Downs doesn’t provide a formula or set of rules that suddenly banishes fear and makes us brave. Instead, she spends 100 days reminding us who we are in God and who we are made to be. Equipped with this reinforcement, we can then go out and act bravely in spite of our fear.

W
Danielle Hewitt
Jan 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
This was unfortunately the worst devotional / daily reading that I've ever picked up. I couldn't even finish it. Finally at about halfway through Part 2...it occurred to me that I'm not required to sit through any more of this nonsense, so I got rid of it and will not read or listen to this author again. Not for me.

The problem was how superficial and Christian-fluffy-talk it was. This book is not written for adults, and definitely not for women with families, kids, careers, etc. This one seemed
Elizabeth
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've read Annie Downs' book Let's All Be Brave and gave it a pretty scathing review. I had forgotten about that when I ordered her devotional 100 Days to Brave which I'm glad of because I would have missed out on a great little piece of encouragement.

This devotional is 100 short devotions that lead us to unlocking our most courageous self. The dictionary lists the definition of courage as " the ability to do something that frightens one" and "strength in the face of pain or grief" which I found
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Annie F. Downs is the real deal ! In her writing and in life, she is so authentic about being brave. She is so courageous and if you haven't read "Let's All Be Brave" or "Looking for Lovely," I highly recommend that you do! These books will change your life and the way you see authentic living, being vulnerable and to stop shaming yourself. "100 Days to be Brave" is in the format of a devotional, but I would rather see the book as a journey with God and not a devotional. The book challenges the ...more
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Reading this book by Annie F. Downs reminded me of visiting with my younger sister, the millennial (I’m a Gen X gal). Her style is casual, funny, and hip, and I found it refreshing, especially on this topic. She is real and unpretentious and freely shares stories from her own life.

Here’s an excerpt I enjoyed:

"This morning when I did not like the look of the jeans I put on, I told myself so. Old Annie would have continued a barrage of ugly remarks about my looks, but instead, I looked in the mir
Kristin
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic little daily devotional book for any woman who is embarking upon change or wanting to be more courageous. Each day contains 2-3 pages that starts with a theme and a scripture. The author shares vulnerably her own struggles, challenges and triumphs as she seeks to inspire the reader to continue to press on and be brave in her own unique way. This book would make an amazing gift for those who are looking to step outside their comfort zone and discover the life God truly has for ...more
Jackie Bergeron
Apr 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: help-yourself
Doing the read-along with Annie the last 100 days was so much fun. I hope she does them frequently for others to experience.

I liked this book, but I probably wouldn't recommend it. While Annie's life stories do fit with the prompts to become more brave, many repeat and some really stretch to meet the point. A lot of the challenges aren't really challenges that help you become more brave either. It is also very faith based. While it helped strengthen my understanding of my Christian faith (which
Sarah Tummey
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
What I've discovered about myself is I'm not a fan of longer devotionals. I prefer the 30 or 40-day kind that I can finish without falling behind. I may not have read this every day for 100 days, but I did finish it, and I enjoyed it. Some of the stories I'd heard before in Annie's book "Let's all be Brave", but there is new content too.

I wish Annie was at church with me in real-life because I feel like there's so much I could learn from her. My biggest takeaway from this book is the day when sh
Ginny
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian, own-it, women
I love Annie F. Downs. I have listened to her podcast for quite some time and joined in on her 2019 Instagram challenge to do 100 Days to Brave. I am just getting into the practice of adding devotionals to my morning prayer and Bible study routine, and this is my favorite devotional so far. Annie writes as though she's sitting across the table from you with a warm cup of tea, which I appreciate in a devotional. I think this is an amazing devotional for any woman, particularly young women who are ...more
Madison Loveday
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book will change your life. “100 Days to be Brave” is in the format of a devotional. This book challenges the reader on what it means to live a life with bravery, courage and willing to face road blocks in life. At the end of each page, there is a challenge. I have been encouraged to journal my journey with God through moments of bravery and moments where I haven’t felt courageous with each of these challenges by Annie. This book will help you to dare and dream bigger, while stepping out of ...more
  • Whispers of Rest: 40 Days of God's Love to Revitalize Your Soul
  • Play with Fire: Discovering Fierce Faith, Unquenchable Passion, and a Life-Giving God
  • Nothing to Prove: Why We Can Stop Trying So Hard
  • Dance, Stand, Run: The God-Inspired Moves of a Woman on Holy Ground
  • Open Your Bible: God's Word is For You and For Now
  • I Don't Wait Anymore: Letting Go of Expectations and Grasping God's Adventure for You
  • Everyday Holy: Finding a Big God in the Little Moments
  • If You Only Knew: My Unlikely, Unavoidable Story of Becoming Free
  • Love Life Again: Finding Joy When Life Is Hard
  • God's High Calling For Women
  • Wait and See: Finding Peace in God's Pauses and Plans
  • Preach to Yourself: When Your Inner Critic Comes Calling, Talk Back with Truth
  • You Are Free: Be Who You Already Are
  • You're Made for a God-Sized Dream: Opening the Door to All God Has for You
  • What Women Fear: Walking in Faith that Transforms
  • Longing for Paris: One Woman's Search for Joy, Beauty, and Adventure--Right Where She Is
  • GraceLaced: Discovering Timeless Truths Through Seasons of the Heart
  • Never Unfriended: The Secret to Finding and Keeping Lasting Friendships
Annie F. Downs is an author, blogger, and speaker based in Nashville, Tennessee. Flawed but funny, she uses her writing to highlight the everyday goodness of a real and present God.

An author of three books-  Let's All Be Brave Perfectly Unique , and  Speak Love , Annie also loves traveling around the country speaking to young women, college students, and adults.

Read more at anniefdowns.com  a
“It is scary to be who you’re meant to be. It doesn’t feel easy because it’s not. But we were made for this. Like today’s scripture says, we have holy work. Why be brave? Because when we’re brave enough to share the God stories in our lives, it changes the people around us. It changes us to share them.” 1 likes
“Seeing other people be brave makes me want to be brave too.” 1 likes