Start by marking “The Cowboy's Rebellious Bride (The McCall Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy's Rebellious Bride (The McCall Brothers, #1)

The Cowboy's Rebellious Bride

(The McCall Brothers #1)

Best friends for life. That was their pact.

Feisty, spitfire Hannah Prescott yearns to get the bulls she raises to the top rodeo circuit finals. Being a woman in a male-dominated career means she fights harder for what she wants, and romance plays no part in her goals. But when everything’s on the line and her best friend asks her to play pretend, what’s a girl to do?

Sexy,
Published April 17th 2017 by Tule Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy's Rebellious Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy's Rebellious Bride

Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
This wasn’t a bad book. But it wasn’t a good book either. It was just, on average, a meh book.

The plot was a bit of a disaster. People thrown in here and there for the sake of drama without it really making sense for the story. Like Tabitha, Cody’s ex, suddenly showing up out of nowhere, HOURS after a run-in with another ex. And all out of town. What really are the chances of that happening??? Characters also behaved in strange ways, like Hannah’s weird leap of logic towards the end. The plot di
Isha Coleman
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Laurie LeClair has been a favorite of mine from the time I fell into her Once Upon a Romance Series. Her stories are sweeter than any greeting card, smoother than silk and as addictive as a chocolate cake. The Cowboy's Rebellious Bride highlights the best of Ms. Leclair. She simplifies what humanity tends to complicate. To understand what love is, we have to first find it within ourselves. That message shines brightly with every character she writes. Her tales open up the heart and that is what ...more
Paula Bothwell
The Cowboy's Rebellious Bride (The McCall Brothers 1) - PG13
Violence: none
Language: fewer than 45
Sex: descriptive kissing, disrobing but no details.

There is definite attraction between the two mains, but there are no details.
I think there are more books in this series, but I am tapping out now. I don't really care for the H or h as people. The both do have redeeming characteristics, and I am glad they matured and got their HEA.
Phylis Carpenter
Jun 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cody used to be in the rodeo but he came home because his family needed him too. He always seemed to be the one everyone could count on. His Grams got sick and he came home and helped with her. When she passed away he stayed because Gramps needed him. He had a strong sense of honor, being there when he was needed and doing right by his family.

His best friend as far back as he could remember is Hannah. Hannah and Cody were always getting themselves in to messes when they were younger and it looks
Cindy Caron
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awww! A sexy cowboy and his best friend, both with severe relationship hangups, yet neither wants to loose the other, nor do they want to take the next step! Both Cody and Hannah have lost their parents in traumatic accidents, but Cody has always had his two brothers and of course his Gramps and Grams, until her recent passing that is. Seeing his Gramps basically giving up on life is one of the toughest things he will ever have to witness, and only one thing would bring him out of his funk. But ...more
Arceli
Soaring Up High

This is such a sweet friends to lovers romance! I loved the entire westerner setting. It made the entire book even more charming. I also loved Cody and Hannah. Both of them of been friends since childhood. They have had each others backs since they knew each other. A series of circumstances make them cross the line from friends to lovers. And boy, it is super adorable.

This entire novel had me hooked on the first word. Despite it being a super short novel and quick read, I did not
Fredrika
Oct 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed, romance
I did not like this book. I had to encourage myself to keep reading it so I didn't have to put it on my DNF shelf, and I was constantly looking at how many pages were left.

I'm trying to figure out what is was about the book that I didn't like and I can't think of one cohesive reason. The primary one is probably that the story was super dry. I didn't think the main characters, Cody and Hannah, had any chemistry, which is disappointing seeing as they have been friends since they were young. I'm no
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hannah is struggling with the haunting past mistakes of her mother and her father. She want to be someone but doesnt want to let anyone in in fear of being hurt again. She has a best friend and her bulls what more could she ask for?
Cody has loved Hannah as his best friend for their whole lives. She's been there for the good, the bad, and the ugly but when faced with loosing his family farm he wants her by his side. But when life throws a curve ball he wonders if unconditional love is enough for
Becky Burciaga
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A charming, light hearted HEA with laughter, love, and bringing family together to create an endearing story. This is a wonderful start to the series of the McCall brothers in Honor, Texas. Throughout the story there are plenty of times were you'll be laughing one moment and the sighing the next. The author's writing perfectly executed the feeling of innocence in small town living.

Cody and Hannah went from best friends to husband and wife...with family and friends to help them save their dreams
Becky Burciaga
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Shelagh
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it
The Cowboy's Rebellious Bride is a sweet western romance set in Texas. It's the first in a new series by Laurie Leclair and will appeal if you like your romance clean. I struggled a bit with getting into the story though I enjoyed it overall. The pace was a bit slow for my liking and I couldn't get my head around the nickname "Cods", short for Cody. In Australia that's slang for a rather tender part of the male anatomy.
Will Decker
Oct 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is so sweet it'll give you a tooth ache, in a good way. Great character development combined with a romantic story that carries on beyond the marriage makes this romance stand out from the norm. The editing needs work-too many instances of misused words (probably typos) that they began to distract from the story. But a great story it was, nonetheless. I look forward to continuing this new series by LeClair.
Kathy
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Strong family story

I enjoyed this fun story of lifelong friends finding something more. It took a lot for Hannah to realize she could love Cody without fearing she would lose herself along the way. Strong family values and support along with the pet miniature horse added to the enjoyment.
Lesley
May 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Friends to Lovers is one of my favourite tropes and I thought the story premise was good. However it didn’t flow for me, I found the writing style rather choppy and uneven and the heroine’s mindset at the end of the book illogical. This is the second book I have read by this author and I don’t think I will be trying any more.
Tressia Avellar
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Best friends find themselves perfect marriage material!

I enjoyed the book, I did it a bit slow starting out as there seemed to be so much going on and too many characters being introduced at once. But its a great story, and a good read. I found myself laughing at the shenanigans the two characters got themselves into, and tried to get OUT of.
Cherie Caviness
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just the right amount of twists and turns

The story had just the right amount of twists and turns to keep it interesting. In the end, and I had to decide whether not to give up on love.
Jean
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Ok

This was an ok book but nothing really special. It was clean but really nothing of note for me. Since it was free I guess that I cannot complain. I will not add to my read again list.
Dee Doyle
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cody and Hannah

Found this relaxing, funny at times and enjoyable. The interaction between best friends is special. However, the closeness between besties is can they grow beyond their closeness.
Lenore Zulauf
The book was a little "too sappy" for me. There seemed to be a lot of repetition - characters didn't grab me and the story line not very strong and a little unbelievable. But that's me and others might enjoy.
JOYCE HUGGINS
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read!

This little story hooked me in the first few pages. Unlike so many books as soon as a couple funds love the story is over. This one continues into the problems that can happen after marriage, they problems until they reach a conclusion. Fun book to read!
Pat Christie
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Free Ebook, part of a series

He’s the grandson that left the rodeo to save the ranch. She’s his best friend and now he realizes he loves her. Getting her on the same page isn’t easy and saving the ranch and his grandfather too
Michele Thomas
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
True love prevails

Unexpected everlasting love finds a way to bind lovers together, unconditionally. Slow moving and sometimes unrealistic, yet keeps you hoping they find happiness with each other.
Dawn
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hannah and Cody start out as friends and both have to decide if they have something to build a future on. The first book in the McCalls . Looking forward to the next book.

Ebook from netgalley and publishers with thanks. Opinions are entirely my own.
Joanne Spence
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Janel
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute little fast read about love and life Not a lot of plot but still cute and easy to read.
Lois Miller
Good book

Tried too hard to have Daddy issues. I would try another book by this author. It kept me reading all the way through
Shannon
Oct 23, 2017 rated it liked it
This book was an interesting enough read, but it was plagued with poor grammar and word usage. For example, neither the author nor the editor knows the difference between their and there.
Marci
Oct 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
So ridiculously lame. I couldn’t get past the first few pages of cheesy lines.
Linda
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Cowboys Rebellious Bride

I really enjoyed this book. The characters were interesting and the story line was good. I couldn’t put this book down until I finished it.
Kelly Alexander
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great stories

All 3 of there books really held your interest and wanted you to get to the next book lovers them all. Great

• Tempting Tori (Courage Brothers of Texas, #1)
  • Ricky (Mail-Order Brides Club #5)
  • Just Between Friends (The Cowboy Connection #1)
  • Cowboy Wants Her Heart (Heartlands, #3)
  • Rough in the Saddle (Rough in the Saddle, #1)
  • Chance for Love
  • Montana Reunion (Montana, #1)
  • Her Indulgent Cowboy (Harland County, #7)
  • Tanner (American Extreme Bull Riders Tour, #1)
  • Rough Rider (Hot Cowboy Nights, #2)
  • The Drifter's Mail-Order Bride (The Dalton Brides, #4)
  • Kane (The Wilder Brothers, #4; American Extreme Bull Riders Tour #6)
  • Jingle Boots (Rope 'n Ride ON, #5)
  • A Rancher's Surrender (Frontier Montana, #1)
  • Bucking Wild
  • Back in the Saddle
  • Her Big Sky Cowboy (The Wildflower Ranch #3)
  • Unfinished Dreams
Bestselling author Laurie LeClair writes romantic comedies, contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and women’s fiction. Laurie has a not-so-secret love for characters who make her laugh, cry, and who linger in her mind long after the story ends. Laurie’s habit of daydreaming has gotten her into a few scrapes and launched her to take up her dream of writing. Finally, she can put all those stories ...more

The McCall Brothers (4 books)
  • The Cowboy's Renegade Bride (The McCall Brothers Book 2)
  • The Cowboy's Runaway Bride (The McCall Brothers, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Bride (The McCall Brothers Book 4)