Start by marking “Live Out Loud” as Want to Read:

Live Out Loud

I thought I'd live in silence forever . . . and then I met him.

I'll never be able to hear, but music has always been a source of comfort for me. Rather than listen to the rhythm, I can actually feel the beat pulsing through me. It's pure bliss. So the moment I saw Thorin playing his guitar, I was mesmerized. I'd never seen anything more beautiful . . . or intimate. I could
Published April 30th 2017 by Forever Yours

To ask other readers questions about Live Out Loud, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Live Out Loud

Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I really liked this book a lot. I decided to read this book because I really enjoyed the last book that I read by this author and I ended up liking this book just as much. This is a romance that just feels real which is really nice. I also loved the fact that this story is set in my hometown of St. Louis because it is really wonderful to see familiar landmarks worked into a story. This was a book that I was able to read for hours at
Irene
May 02, 2017 Irene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Live Out Loud by Marie Meter was a beautiful and heartfelt read.

The storyline was well written, the plot held my interest all throughout the book and I really liked Harper and Thorin/Thor.
I enjoyed watching them come together and get through life's obstacles. From the first meeting these two felt a connection that grew stronger and stronger. I truly loved them together.

description

Live Out Loud was a touching and heartfelt read and I highly recommend it.

*Purchase Links*

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com
Francoise
Apr 28, 2017 Francoise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
4.5 Stars

This beautifully crafted novel tells a poignant story of healing, hope and true love. The author wove her story with sensitivity and a great deal of talent.

Thor Kline is the guitarist of an up-and-coming rock band, and some serious eye candy! Harper King is studying to become a clinical pharmacist. Right from the start, I loved how Thor and Harper connected when they first met. They have apparently nothing in common, and yet they are able to understand one another and accept who they ar
Naomi
Review Scheduled to go live on blog on May 18th @ Naomi’s Reading Palace
Isabella -  Madly in Love with Books
I picked this one up, because I like it, when the characters had to face some kind of challenge in their life. And being deaf is one hell of a challenge in this world full of noise and chaos.

And as I hoped, I absolutely loved the female character. Harper is a strong and brilliant woman, that absolutely managed to impress me. Not only does she have troubles in this world because she is deaf, but also the relationship with her parents is really strained. When faced with another challenge, dating
Angie McGuire
May 02, 2017 Angie McGuire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome read

I cannot even put into words how much I loved this book. Thor and Harper needed each other... Need doesn't happen a lot in books to the point where it's true, but they really did. I loved how Thor slowly... Very slowly, opened up to Harper. It was what she needed in her life, and he needed her to breathe again. This story brings out what it means to truly fall in love with someone. I loved it.
Petra Gleason
May 24, 2017 Petra Gleason rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mollien Fote Osterman
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Bec

4.5 Stars

Harper King never thought she'd find someone that could understand her, especially not someone that can hear everything that goes on in the world when she can't. Except the moment she locks eyes with Thorin 'Thor' Kline during one of his musical performances at a bar, she believes she may have found a guy that sees her for her, instead of treating her differently because she's deaf. Can Thorin prove to Harper than he is her Mr. Right, or will Harper's fears tear them apart?

What an incre
Seraphim  Book Reviews
“A rarely touched kind of love story, 5 stars”

Harper is all about defying the odds. Ever since she was little people have handled her with kid gloves. Don’t do this, don’t do that. Someone may hurt you or your feelings. You may be smart but you won't make it. She’s heard it all but hasn’t let it stop her. Because she doesn’t see her deafness as a disability.

Thor is the typical bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks. He’s a musician just trying to get his break. Then one night a woman catches
Johnaka
Apr 26, 2017 Johnaka rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Live Out Loud by Marie Meyer
“A rarely touched kind of love story, 5 stars”

Harper is all about defying the odds. Ever since she was little people have handled her with kid gloves. Don’t do this, don’t do that. Someone may hurt you or your feelings. You may be smart but you wont make it. She’s herd it all but hasn’t let it stop her. Because she doesn’t see her deafness as a disability.
Thor is the typical bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks. He’s a musican just trying to get his break. Then
Ira
Mar 21, 2017 Ira rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I loved to see how Harper and Thorin connect despite everything that might stand between them. Thor's willingness to communicate with Harper, to learn how to sign made such a big difference and I just loved him for it. Oh, don't forget her friend Chloe, she is amazing as well. Even though Thor's willingness to learn how to sign meant even more to me as he is a musician, he is someone whose life revolves around music, around sound - the one thing that Harper will never be able ...more
Sharon Tyler
Apr 06, 2017 Sharon Tyler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Live Out Loud by Marie Meyer is a contemporary romance currently scheduled for release on April 30 2017. Harper will never be able to hear, but music has always been a source of comfort for her. The moment she saw Thorin playing his guitar, she was mesmerized. However, Thor has secrets. He's holding something back, something that's keeping the relationship from being real. Can they Harper and Thorin open up and trust each other to share the secrets they fear sharing most.

Live Out Loud is a book
Eva
you don't think about how certain things are hard to convey. in live out loud one of our main characters is deaf. harper king is not completely isolated, she can read lips, she speaks asl. her closest friend has learned asl in order to communicate with her. But asl is a language that isn't easily translated into the written word. asl is about movement and shape. the author did a brilliant job of incorporating the visual aspects of asl, while also differentiating to the reader what things were sp ...more
Morwa Pal
May 02, 2017 Morwa Pal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Live Out Loud by Marie Meyer is a novel that I couldn’t put down. I was caught in the world of silence that Harper has known for over twenty years. Actions of children, adults and her own parents have crushed her heart and soul. Thorin, or Thor, the lead guitarist in a band her roommate Chloe takes her to see is mesmerized by the way his music has Harper moving to each note of every song.
Getting to know each other is a healing and love filled challenge that Ms. Meyer has researched and explains
Emma obsessed book reviews bramley

This is a contemporary romance story by this author. I really enjoyed this story, it was sweet with a different edge to it. The characters were fantastic, they had such an emotional connection. I was hooked from the first page and fell in love with the characters at the same time. I can't wait to read more from this author in the future.
Highly recommended
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book
Kate
Apr 26, 2017 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always enjoy Marie Meyer's books and I think this one might be my favorite one yet. Her writing style really appeals to me and her characters are ones I am easily able to be sympathetic too and become invested in. She is an author I highly recommend and cannot wait to read more books by in the future. I am reviewing this book based on an ARC received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.
Danielle from Short and Sassy
4 stars

I enjoyed this book. It was a story that was different and sweet. I just wished it was a little deeper. I never really felt the emotional connection between Thor and Harper. It felt like they could have used more of a "love" story. It was still sweet and I liked it, but it felt a little like something was missing.
Meaghan
Apr 11, 2017 Meaghan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
I loved reading a romance where one of the main characters was flawed, and the other didn't even recognize that as a disability. Thor's willingness to learn sign language and find ways to connect to Harper were beautiful. I loved their story and all the challenges they both faced, find ways to come together to be stronger.
Trisy
May 10, 2017 Trisy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rockstar
Marie Meyer is a new to me author. I saw this book on a blog and the blurb fascinated me enough to pick it up and I'm so glad I did! Harper was feisty, vivacious and LOUD in her deafness. I thought it was AWESOME how Harper was able to "hear" Thor through music. She was so strong and brave even with all the obvious obstacles she had to overcome. Thor was the bad boy rocker with some pretty tough problems of his own. I've always been an advocate of "opposites attract" and these two characters cou ...more
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
I really enjoyed my first book by this author. It had me completely involved with the story from the very beginning. I loved the characters and the whole story, I also loved that the connection between the two felt real. This was a good book and I highly recommend it.
C bond
Mar 18, 2017 C bond rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
netgalley

a different in a good way read. I enjoyed this book
Romance Rehab
May 11, 2017 Romance Rehab rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There’s a stupid romance novel myth critics of the genre like to throw around that says romance heroes and heroines are always “too perfect”, which makes them unrealistic. Avid readers of romance (like me) know that myth is absolute crap. In fact, we put together a list of our all time favorite imperfect heroes and heroines not too long ago, so when a myth-breaking book comes along, I snap it up immediately, often without even reading a sample or glancing at the cover. Sometimes I’m let down, so ...more
Christine
Harper has been deaf since she was 3 years old. Thor is in a band. Harper's BFF takes her to a bar to hear Thor's band. Harper and Thor see each other. Thor chases down Harper and from there their story begins. Harper has some reservations about starting a relationship with Thor and Thor states he does not DO relationships. However, there is something about Harper and he can't stay away.

I loved the premise and was excited to read this. I paid $3.99 for this book. I regret it. Maybe it was worth
Sam
May 08, 2017 Sam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Live Out Loud

I was really enjoying this story, but then it just sort of fell flat for me. I expected the trouble with Thor's dad to be a bigger deal than it was. I honestly kept expecting him to come after Harper as some revenge tactic. Also, maybe it's because I'm hearing and not Deaf, but their reason for breaking up seemed more like the author needed there to be a problem so they'd have to break up and they'd end up back together. *EDIT* Upon further reflection I feel like I can understand wh
Nicole Evelina
May 24, 2017 Nicole Evelina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-fiction
Being a hearing person, I was curious as to how Marie would handle a deaf heroine and I can now say she's done so with sensitivity and great care. As a reader, it was very interesting to explore a world devoid of sound, but yet filled with so many other ways to perceive meaning. This is where Marie particularly shines, opening the reader up to a whole new realm of perception - especially in the sex scenes. This book is HOT! Much steamier than I'm used to. But with these two characters, it didn't ...more
Jazmyne Kaylee (Ramblings of a Bookworm)
This is a book I purchased off of a whim. I’ve never read anything by Marie Meyer. Wasn’t familiar with the book at all. Just caught sight of the blurb and it drew me in. I’m totally glad I did! This story wasn’t full of deep, crazy angst, but it did have a little. It wasn’t superficial, but it did provide some laughs. It also provided some awesome characters, and yet more people I’d love to meet in real life...

For the full review, please visit my blog Ramblings of a Bookworm --> http://wp.me
FS Meurinne
May 05, 2017 FS Meurinne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book by this author, I love this type of books and this book delivered what I always look in a good story. A great guy, a story that is very enjoyable and love. Harper and Thor are a great couple, both great characters and their story is fun to read, how they get to know each other and fall in love. The romance is sweet and lots of sexy times but not so much it is overwhelming. Looking forward for more books from Marie Meyer.
Christi
May 07, 2017 Christi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

This is my first book by this author and when I read the synopsis of a deaf girl and a rock star, I couldn’t pass it up. I loved how strong and vulnerable both the hero and the heroine were making it easy to fall in love with them.

Only question couple of negatives. There were quite a few mistakes throughout the book. Most were easy to ignore. Second, I felt the ending was rushed. I would liked to have seen more of these two amazing characters.
Lea
May 10, 2017 Lea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this one, author matches a musician and a deaf pharmaceutical student. Harper lives life to the fullest, doesn't let her hearing impairment disadvantage her in any way. Thorin (Thor - cool name) comes from an abusive family background and rather damaged & commitment shy but Harper does light up his life.

Will review soon.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
10220286
Marie Meyer has been a teacher for sixteen years. She spends her days in the classroom and her nights writing heartfelt romances that will leave readers clamoring for more. She is a member RWA (PAN) and a 2017 RITA® Finalist. Marie's short fiction won honorable mentions from the St. Louis Writers Guild in 2010 and 2011. She is a proud mommy and enjoys helping her oldest daughter train for the Spec ...more
More about Marie Meyer...