Start by marking “Annie's Holiday by the Sea” as Want to Read:
Annie's Holiday by the Sea

Annie's Holiday by the Sea

(Salt Bay #1)

When twenty-nine-year-old Annie Trebarwith receives an unexpected letter from a great-aunt she’s never known, she leaves her shoebox-sized flat in London and catches a train to the rugged Cornish coast.

Salt Bay is beautiful and Annie begins to kindle a bond with her great-aunt Alice. Even though there is zero phone signal and the locals – including the gorgeous but broodin
Published May 18th 2017 by Bookouture

Start your review of Annie's Holiday by the Sea
Melindam
A lovely, cosy, comfort-read, recommended not only for the beach, but for any place in any weather.

The plot very much reminded me of romantic comedies (especially the film "New in Town" with Rene Zellweger) where posh city girl goes to the middle of nowhere, clashes almost right away with handsome, but belligerent local-yokel, thinks she can hardly wait to get away, but destiny has something altogether different in store, as you can guess.

And while this book, does not hold any surprises story-
Karen Whittard
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved this book. It is happy and funny. Heartwarming and romantic. Full to the brim with wonderful characters. Great storyline and stunning scenery. Perfect for all. Must read. Wonderful.
Dash fan
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
5☆ Fabulous feel good book full of mystery

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Annie's Lovely Choir by the sea.
It has the perfect mix of mystery,  romance, secrets, friendship, feel good tunes, funny moments and twists you don't see coming!

I devoured this book in 2days I just had to keep reading to find out the truth.

Annie is between jobs and she's just caught her boyfriend sleeping with he's work colleague.
So when a letter turns up she stuffs it into her bag... burning a hole she gives in and decides t
Amy
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
All of my reviews can be found on www.novelgossip.com

Have you ever picked up a book at just exactly the right time, it’s like the stars align and everything just fits into place perfectly? That’s what happened when I picked up this splendid book, it was the breathe of fresh I needed at exactly the right moment and I absolutely fell in love.

Annie was the type of character that I formed a bond with right away, she’s so well formed that it was very easy for me to imagine her leaping from the pages
Renita D'Silva
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely ADORED this beautiful book! Loved Annie and all the colourful characters. By the end of the book, I felt I knew them all, having lived in Annie's shoes for the duration of the book. The author transports you and by the end you are transformed in some way, feeling warm and happy, a smile on your face. Salt Bay comes alive in this book and I wanted to move there, be part of the community. I loved this beautiful story and I absolutely cannot wait to read more by this author. Would high ...more
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I have to admit from the title and book cover I had envisioned the story to be one that might be aimed for the more romantic and older readers among us. What I got though was a wonderfully modern, fun filled and engaging read.

The setting was just wonderful. I was very envious of Annie. It felt a bit like Escape To The Country. Alice’s house I was constantly visualising it in my head and was wishing that I could go and join both characters by staying there.

There are so many great characters in th
Liina
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4,5 stars
When Annie received an unexpected letter from her great-aunt Alice she didn't even know about, she's a bit hesitant to even open it, but after reading it, she decides to pay a visit to Salt Bay. Annie doesn't have a family in London and she doesn't really like the idea of having a family or long term relations with anyone. She decided to visit Salt Bay for a short period of time, but as the circumstances require, she stays for a bit longer. At first she's a bit taken aback with the plac
Jessica
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this book was fabulous. I loved Annies story of how she went from being on her own in busy London to finding lost family in lovely Cornwall.

Annie is a kind and caring person, the way she adjusts to life in Cornwall is so natural. She finds out about the old choir and sets it upon herself to revive it and give the village something to enjoy.

Annie struggles throughout this book on whether to remain in Cornwall or return to London and you are left guessing until the end on what she decid
Stacey
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved
I absolutely adored this book and I definitely feel it is now one of my favourites of all time. So thank you to the Bookouture, Liz Eeles and to NetGalley for giving me the chance to read it in return of an honest review.

First of all, can we please appreciate how beautiful this cover is? Everything works well together, the colours, the location, everything draws you in and makes you want to read it (well, I know this cover done this to me anyway!) I thought it was brilliant from start to finish.
Narelle Richards
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Trebarwith family have been part of Salt Bay in Cornwall for quite a time and a member of the family is about to come home to this place she has never been. Annie Trebarwith receives a letter from her great -aunt offering a business proposition, a great aunt that she didn't know existed because Annie's mother left Salt Bay many years before when she became a pregnant teenager. At a loose end having just finished another contract position as a P.A, Annie travels to what she feels is the end o ...more
Shalini Boland
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fabulously warm-hearted romantic comedy!! Annie Trebarwith is thrown out of her comfort zone when she temporarily leaves her tiny flatshare in London for the windswept remoteness of Salt Bay in Cornwall. I fell in love with the characters in this wonderful novel - feisty, quirky Annie who presents such a tough exterior, moody Josh who barely knows how to crack a smile, and all the other personalities in idyllic Salt Bay. This is the perfect escapist beach read and I've already downloaded the r ...more
Gaele
Annie Trebarwith has no interest in “sticking with” anything that could potentially cause her grief: she has no time for relationships, no family, no roots and no long-term thoughts. Ever. It suits her, and she is busy convincing us (and perhaps herself) through the early chapters. While I liked Annie, and her belief in no ties makes sense after losnig her mother and not being aware of (or informed about) any other family, it was evident from her determination and repeated ‘I don’t attach” state ...more
Suze Lavender
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Annie thinks she's alone in the world. She's twenty-nine years old and before her mother passed away it was just the two of them. When Annie receives a letter from Alice, who's apparently her great-aunt, she's surprised. She didn't know she had any family. Annie is a city girl and Alice lives in Salt Bay, a small Cornish coastal town. Alice asks Annie if she wants to stay for a while. Can Annie adjust to the much slower pace of a small village?

Annie doesn't know if she belongs in Salt Bay, but s
Maryline M's Bookshelf
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This review was first published at M's Bookshelf - http://mssbookshelf.blogspot.com

A commitment phobic heroine who detests the countryside... Not particularly traits I can relate to so I have to say I was a bit hesitant at the start of this. But all of a sudden I found myself, hours later and more than half of the story finished, apparently completely fallen in love with the Salt Bay and it's inhabitants - I hadn't been able to put the book down.
I was drawn to Liz Eeles' Salt Bay from the moment
Simona
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it

*Book provided by the publisher on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

I absolutely adored the sound of this book from the start. A choir and the sea, sounds like the perfect combination for me.

The story follows Annie Trebarwith, who lives in London, is a PA and unexpectedly gets a letter from her great-aunt in Cornwall. She never knew her great-aunt Alice, but decides to pay her a visit in Salt Bay, by the coast in Cornwall.

I fell in love with Salt Bay immediately. Liz Eeles has such a l
Pattie
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It’s about a young woman who has no family or ties and discovers family in Cornwall along with a desire to belong. I’m glad I listened to my GR friends xx
Rachel Gilbey
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a story including long lost relatives, deep family secrets, a lovely older woman, one villainous man, one gorgeous guy, an Aussie barmaid, a lovely Cornish coastal location, and a choir, then you have come to the right place, as Annie's Lovely Choir by the Sea has all that and more.

Long lost relatives - Annie recieves a letter out of the blue from her Great Aunt Alice who she didnt even know existed, inviting her down to Cornwall, to spend some time with her. Since Alice'
booksofallkinds
May 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Having read quite a few books set in Cornwall I have really fallen in love with this magical place, so I was delighted that this novel would take me to this idyllic setting again. Hilarious from the start, I immediately connected with Annie and from the very first page, I was hooked.

Annie Trebarwith doesn't like complications or commitment but when she finds herself boyfriendless, jobless, and living with a carefree student, she can't stop thinking about a letter that could change everything. Fo
Tracey
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star, netgalley
I went into this half-expecting a sort of knock-off of The Chilbury Ladies' Choir, set in the present. I had a moment's hesitation on seeing use of the present tense. I hesitated – for a minute. And within a couple of pages all doubts and expectations fizzed away, and I was just enjoying the thing wholeheartedly.

Yes, sure, there are echoes of other books. It's about a young woman who goes reluctantly to see an elderly relative out of duty, grumps about it for some time, makes a bad first impres
Monica Mac
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awww, what a great book this was! Annie, a Londoner through and through, independent and not a fan of families with all their complications, gets asked to go to Cornwall to visit her great-aunt Alice. Once there, she starts to learn about her family tree and what she discovers unsettles her no end. She has to decide whether or not to stay in a little village in Cornwall, with all the ups and downs of village life, or to go back to London and re-claim her life.

This book was really wonderful and e
Emma Crowley
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
When you open a book and find yourself laughing out loud at the very first line you just know you are going to thoroughly enjoy the story that follows. That's exactly what happened to me as I fell in love with both the characters and storyline in the first of the Salt Bay series by Liz Eeles - Annie's Lovely Choir by the Sea. Everything about this book was just perfect from the setting and characters to the humour mixed with more serious undertones. It's not all a barrel of laughs throughout the ...more
Rebecca
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, whisk me away to Salt Bay! Where the wind is wild and whistling, and the sea cobalt-blue! That is exactly what happened as I went into Annie's Lovely Choir by the Sea written by Liz Eeles, and what a wonderfully uplifting and enriching slice of escapism it turned out to be. As soon as I began reading this novel, I was swept away by Eeles's glorious writing, which not only focused beautifully on the Cornish setting I found myself in, but also on the glowing themes of family, love, and grief, ...more
Lesley
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am SO much enjoying light, frothy novels at the moment, and this one was no disappointment.

Liz Eeles is new to me, and I will definitely be reading more of her books.

This is just a perfect easy read, perhaps in between something darker and heavier.

Seems to be a bit of an issue with the name, as I've read this as book 1 in the Salt Bay series (according to Fantastic Fiction).

But book 3, Annie's Holiday by the Sea has the exact same synopsis. So I'm guessing it's a UK/US thing, and FF have it wr
Meggy Chocolate'n'Waffles
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Just like Annie, it was curiosity which spurred me on an adventure with this book. I am not fond of choirs, probably because I have the most terrible voice, but something in the colorful cover and the light-hearted synopsis caught my attention. Whatever it was, I thank it, for I have found so much more than I was looking for in this story of belonging, family ties, and finding yourself.

I'm heading for thirty and I'm not the most important person in the world to anyone.

Annie has

Boy meets girl down in Cornwall... Beautiful scenery, beaches, quaint little village.
Girl: What a twat that bloke is!
Boy: (smouldering Poldark grimace) She's such a pain in the ****
Prediction: A bit of trouble, then they live happily ever after.
The End.
A relaxing light read!
Roberta
This book was very enjoyable. I liked Annie’s slow discovery of the truth about her family, and the romance element.
Vicki Bowles
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher, Bookouture for the ARC. Apologies to them and the author for being late with my review - unfortunately real life sometimes gets in the way!

Oh what a lovely heartwarming story this is! I really, really enjoyed this book - oh God, here she goes again, loving all the books she's reading - well, I'm sorry, but it's true. It's not my fault I keep picking the most excellent books to review!

I have to confess I wasn't sure this book would be anything special. Th
Neats
May 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Annie Trebarwith loves her independence, but having just reached the end of her latest job contract and found her boyfriend in a compromising position with a work colleague, it's making her think about her life. So when she receives a letter from a solicitor telling her about her maternal great aunt Alice that she knew nothing about she's curious and decides that a trip to Cornwall might be just what she needs.

Being a city girl Annie is like a fish out of water in Salt Bay, there's no phone sign
Tracy Shephard
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a novel to fall in love with.

Annie is one of the most adorable characters and the setting of Salt Bay made me wish to head for my beloved Cornwall.

Annie heads for Cornwall somewhat reluctantly, but what evolves is a tale full of twists and turns and both sad and happy moments that will make the reader laugh out loud from the very first page.

The plot is driven by her care for her great-aunt and her new job re-establishing a local choir. Of course there is romance, there are secrets and th
michelle  Simons
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book, even though it wasn't the fastest moving story ever.

Past and present collide and some demons are laid to rest.

The line 'channelling your inner Gareth Malone' made me laugh out loud.

A joy.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Christmas at Lock Keeper's Cottage: The perfect uplifting festive read of love and hope for 2020
  • Christmas at the Little Cottage on the Hill (The Little Cottage, #4)
  • The Cafe at Seashell Cove
  • Magic Under the Mistletoe
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • Confetti at The Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, #6)
  • Foxglove Farm (Love Heart Lane, #2)
  • Christmas at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry
  • The Little Christmas Teashop of Second Chances (Castle Cove #2)
  • A Bakery at the Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, #5)
  • Finding Love at Hedgehog Hollow
  • Love Heart Lane (Love Heart Lane, #1)
  • Aria’s Travelling Book Shop
  • One Family Christmas
  • The Village Shop for Lonely Hearts (Riverside Lane, #1)
  • A Perfect Cornish Christmas
  • The Little Village of Happiness (The Happiness, #1)
  • The Little Christmas Shop on Nutcracker Lane
I live on the south coast of England with my family, and write heart-warming, emotional women's fiction and romantic comedies.

When I've notched up my daily word count, I enjoy reading, walking by the sea with friends, singing in a local choir, and watching TV. I love sci-fi programmes and still harbour a childhood crush on Captain Kirk.

Salt Bay (3 books)