Start by marking “Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)” as Want to Read:
Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)

Dating-ish (Knitting in the City #6)

4.49  ·  Rating Details ·  2,258 Ratings  ·  480 Reviews
Now a USA TODAY BESTSELLER

There are three things you need to know about Marie Harris:
1) She’s fed up with online dating,
2) She’s so fed up, she’s willing to forego the annoyance and consider more creative alternatives, and
3) She knows how to knit.

After the most bizarre and irritating first date in the history of human kind, Marie is looking for an alternative to men. Wi
Published May 16th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Dating-ish, please sign up.

Catalina It's about Marie and Matt, and you will thoroughly enjoy their journey!!!!
Carmen OMG....yes. I've been waiting since the interlude in Las vegas. I adore Dan and cannot wait for that story.....SO MUCH!!!!! When dear Penny?!?

Penny Reid
Aug 09, 2016 Penny Reid marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE!!! And it's not an STD.
It's a deleted scene from 'Dating-ish' and I think you're all going to enjoy it (at least, you'll enjoy it more than an STD... I think).

Go HERE to read the deleted scene
----------------------------------------------

Dating-ish is LIVE!!! (eBook, paperback, and audio!)

Audio:

Print:
Paperback
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
May 14, 2017 Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads rated it it was amazing
I'll tell you this, Dating-ish is a guaranteed book hangover. A standalone novel that will surprise you with its depth and intensity. One that'll have you laughing and crying, swooning and wanting, needing all good things for these characters. You'll ache, feel devastated at times, but it will leave you so happy and fulfilled. It's deep. Heartfelt. Very, very heartfelt. In fact, this is the most HEARTFELT novel I have read this year. Memorable. Profound. Well written. Heart tugging. Man, do I LO ...more
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!

“I’d had some terrible first dates since breaking up with David, but this one took the cake. It took all the cakes. In less than twenty minutes, my perfect match had irrevocably propelled himself to the top of my worst dates list.”

I want to study Penny Reid’s brain. Like not in a murdery creepy way, but a you fascinate me tell me all of your secrets and make me interesting kind of way. Not weird at all, right? Nope. K. Brilliant.

Anyways my first draft of this review looked like thi
Wendy'sThoughts
Oct 27, 2016 Wendy'sThoughts rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Penny Reid Fans, Knitting in the City, Romance
4.5 To Touch, To Feel, To Love Stars
* * * *1/2 Spoiler Free It's Live!!!!
Leave to Penny Reid to approach online dating, Artificial Intelligence, the human need to love and be loved and wrap it all up in a charming and deeply moving Knitting in the City book. Naturally, Reid would have the wherewithal to present these issues and make them work. I'm not surprised and we are fortunate she turned her mind's eye on these subjects.

The main thing I want to talk about is how Reid is able to take human
Samantha Young
Apr 04, 2017 Samantha Young rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret that I’m a massive Penny Reid fan, having fallen in love with her smart romances when I read Neanderthal Seeks Human. Every book in this series has been a winner for me because even though I know what to expect from Penny’s style, I never know where her next story will take me. Her novels are continually surprising. That’s rare to find in romance and Dating-ish was no exception.
Perhaps it’s because I could relate so completely to Marie but this has to be my favourite so far in the
Bibi
Sep 16, 2016 Bibi rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

I feel like I'm cheating on Sandra and Alex (from Love Hacked), but really, Marie and Matt are too adorable for words.

I loved it.
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Are you a romance Reider? Sure you read some romance, but have you read a Reid Romance before?
In any case, here are a few things you should know about Knitting in the City series.

▸It’s 100% certified happy feels.
▸It’s about friendships forged in… yarn.
▸The characters are imperfect and flawed therefore very relatable.

Dating-Ish is certainly no exception to the rule, happy feels were found, yarn was fashionably crafted around drinks, and characters revealed facets unbeknownst
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live http://amzn.to/2mowgNq

5 Marie and Matt stars <33

"Marie, you are the sine to my cosine."

I devoured every word of this story.I was hooked from the first page and I couldn't stop reading until the end.This is happening each time I read a new story from Penny Reid, her characters feel so real!Dating-ish is a smart,funny,emotional,sweet and beautiful story.

You will definitely laugh with me but I find this story in some way emotional,there were parts I cried a little bit. I don't know what hap
Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆
✬✬✬ 4 WEIRDO Stars ✬✬✬

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

"Whoremones."

In this book Penny Reid touches on a controversial topic and she definitely has done her research. Can you imagine a robot substituting for human relationships? For raising children? This author's hero, Matt, can. He is the brilliant scientist working on an AI which will do exactly that. The data he intends to feed into his AI comes from dates with people he and his colleague pick out on an online dating platform.

After two year
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo a95a86787c715a330bd0a4a36429e3_zpsdbzjfavy.gif
Dating-ish is a smart, sexy, modern romance that will have every Penny Reid fan smittened. This book was a gem of a read. It incorporated every element of romance, humor, uniqueness and smart witty dialogue that have become a signature of Penny Reid.

photo 25dd3bb1898ef2fa0e8e3c67ac980e_zpswlbuj7s7.gifI felt the brush of his lips—not a kiss, a brush—paired with hot breath against the bare skin of my neck and a zing shot straight down my spine, making my toes curl and a sudden hot ache twist
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Dating-ish
Series: Knitting in the City #6
Author: Penny Reid
Release date: May 16, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Maybe this wasn’t crazy. Maybe this was the next logical step in our evolution. If you can’t find companionship with another person, why not find it with a compassion robot?

Penny Reid gives good romance. She takes risks, and thinks outside the narrow minded so-called ideal of what we as romance readers should be looking for. Her stories are always somet
Jen
5 Drinking the Water Stars

So basically, this is me after each and every Penny Reid book I read.

I just love the characters she creates and the situations she gets them into. Going into Dating-ish, I thought the idea of professional dry humpers and cuddlers was a little...odd. I'm also not a science kinda gal so anything too specific regarding robots and their quest to take over the world (it's going to happen, people!) is bound to go right over my head.

“He’s not a serial killer. I had to call in
Dali
Happy Book Birthday!

Penny Reid books are like crack to any romance book lover! You can never get enough of her wonderful heroes, awesome heroines and the all-around feels that she elicits. Original and captivating, Dating-ish is contemporary romance at its best.

I am obsessed with this series. Everything Penny Reid writes is irresistible, with its perfect mix of humor, steam and heartfelt moments. Every time I open up one of her books I think “this is DEFINITELY my favorite couple” and then s
Dee Montoya
5 +++++ EXTRAORDINARY STARS

A Hilarious and heartwarming story that is destined to steal the heart of all readers. This is Penny Reid style at its finest. Page after page, we get high doses of humor, smart writing, and sexy times. I know I say this every time I review a book from this series, but I really believe that Dating-ish might be my most favorite book yet. Penny outdid herself with Matt and Marie's story, it was so good I'm still hugging my kindle.

photo 93F03E93-22B5-45DB-9308-8D8289B16DAF_zpsmlndachx.jpg

Marie has been a victim of online dati
FMABookReviews

Well, she did it. Penny Reid has surpassed my expectations. With Dating-ish, Reid has penned my favorite from this series.

Be warned! Dating-ish is different! While there is humor as we have come to expect in a Penny Reid book (because Penny is wickedly smart and sharp with her tongue), this story is so much more. It is complex, it is deep, it is emotional and passionate. I experienced the gamut of emotions while reading about unrequited love and self-doubt. I laughed and OMG, I cried.

I felt a sa
BrookeNoWhiskey
Apr 04, 2017 BrookeNoWhiskey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of the many things I love about Penny Reid is the way she treats her readers. This is a book review and not an author review so I won't go into detail about how amazing she is to her fans. But bear with me. Penny treats her readers like they have brains in their heads. She treats them like she has expectations for them. She treats them like she wants them to read relevant material that is not only entertaining but also informative. Penny has respect for her readers, and it shows in every boo ...more
Christy
5+ stars!

This could very well be my favorite Penny Reid book. I LOVED IT!!!! Everything about it! So amazing!

photo bbe4b431-e281-40f8-b9a6-886e25fb8857_zpsky7ygafv.png
JewelsyGoolsy
May 22, 2017 JewelsyGoolsy rated it liked it
3.5 Stars

I enjoyed the 2nd half of this book very much. The first half read a little too slow for me. Or... maybe I lack the intelligence to get all interested and invested in Artificial Intelligence and robotics information. It's probably the latter, so don't let me discourage you from this super cute, intelligent and adorkable story.

The heroine was my favourite character in this story as I found her fair, clever and fun. Was she too wonderfully perfect for her own good? Yes, she was.

The hero
Didi
5++++++ STARS!

This was beyond a doubt, one of my favorite books by Penny Reid. It was amazingly witty, intellectual, impressive, romantic, emotional and beautiful. I loved everything, EVERYTHING. Not once did I waver from my love for this book. Penny said it was different...and it was...in the most perfect of ways. I actually felt smarter after reading this, seriously!

Marie is an incredible woman. PR writes wonderful heroines, no doubt, but Marie was awesome. Quirky in her own beliefs, kind, gi
Heidi Hutchinson
Mar 24, 2017 Heidi Hutchinson rated it it was amazing
What do I say about this book that I haven't already said about Penny's books before?

How can I convey my delighted shock at having read the perfect romance? At least perfect for me.

My favorite book of Penny's has always been Beauty and the Mustache. Always.

This one blew it out of the water. Like a geyser. A geyser of nerd speak and bold (lovely) honesty.

I fell in love with Marie. Then I fell in love with Matt. Then I fell in love with them together.

I stood up at 1am and went Full Fangirl on

photo 9FBBC797-9F5E-4F28-8F37-7052C3E99DE6_zpsyb520j0b.jpg

photo CE0B163D-1B96-48A0-B37E-23696A25A26E_zpsktgxscm7.jpg
Lady Heather

Release Date: May 16, 2017

Dating-ish, an all new standalone from the USA Today bestselling Knitting in the City romantic comedy series by Penny Reid is now LIVE!

'Dating-ish' can be read as a standalone, is a full length 100k word novel, and is book #6 in the Knitting in the City Series.

photo SBPR-PR-Dish-FBbanner RDB.jpg

5-Looking for Love Stars!

photo cover.jpg

Add to GoodReads: https://goo.gl/VW1TxJ

My thoughts

This is perhaps one of the weirdest, and one of the best stories I've read in a very long time.

I LOVE THIS BOOK SO HARD!!

The story is b
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
WOW. This was phenomenal! So much more than I was expecting, even from Penny Reid. This is probably my new favorite read of hers. It seriously blew my mind – I don't know how to describe my immense love for this book!! The powerful message, wonderful writing, heartfelt characters, and laugh-out-loud humor all made Dating-ish one of the best books I've read this year.

Full review to come!

Thanks to the author for generously providing me an ARC to review.
Jacqueline
Apr 02, 2017 Jacqueline rated it really liked it
4.5

Wow, that was unexpectedly intense and so many feels. I stayed up half the night reading this, I couldn't put it down.

I really think that, if Mr Showdog hadn't snapped me up when he did, then I could be Marie, stuck in an interminable hell of t'interweb dating in my thirties. She's the quiet one from the knitting group, the observer and that really resonated with me as an introvert myself. Better still, her wry and candid observations on the body language and behaviour of people around her w
Sharon
This is the book that's going to make or break me. I love this series so much, so I have high hopes.✨✨✨
------
For the record, it made me, then broke me, and then it… Have you ever read a book where you literally loved everything EXCEPT for that ONE thing? And if that one thing weren’t there, you’d love it more than life, but because it’s there… you can’t help but feel…disappointed? So close!

Anyway, I love this series, really do. And I adore this hilarious, close-knit (See what I did there? …. Ign
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover

IT'S LIVE!
::4 Whoremones Stars!::

*ARC graciously provided in exchange for an honest review*

I've always get excited for a new PR book! I love her style. Her writing is smart, unique, witty, with just the right amount of angst and geekiness. From the very first chapter I was hooked. I love how real the story was and I laughed on more than a few occasions.

This can be read as a standalone, but a lot of characters from previous books in the series pop up so it can be even more fulfilling if you read
Paige
5+ "Right Time" Stars

This was everything I hoped for and nothing I expected. It was Penny at her best. Marie and Matt's story was just perfection.

Dating-ish is the sixth book in the Knitting in the City series but can be read completely as a standalone. It follows two characters that are really smart, slightly weird and completely loveable. Marie and Matt have a meet-cute that isn't exactly the stuff dreams are made of but perfectly casts the characters readers can't help but fall in love with.
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★ 3.5 Stars ★★★

This book was definitely a grower for me, the first half went over my head a little bit because there was a lot of talk about the technicalities of robots, which was highly fascinating, albeit quite complicated for my little brain, but I am convinced that it was my mood that was the problem here and nothing to do with the actual story itself.

By the second half, once we had been introduced to the lovely Marie (looking for love) and Matt (Absolutely not looking for love) and their
Mandy
I LOVED this book! LOVED IT!!! The thing I love most about Penny's books is that they are unique and don't follow a specific formula. Marie and Matt's story is unlike any other book I've read. From their first meeting to the build up between them - it was unique, fun, angsty and sweet. Marie is incredibly kind, witty, fun, smart and even vulnerable at times. She was an amazing character and needed someone equally amazing for this book to work and Professor Matt Simmons was her perfect match. Mat ...more
Jeannine
5 "You are my person" stars!

Oh my word what a great book! I love that when you read a Penny Reid book, you are not getting a cookie cutter story. No way, no how. Her writing is smart, witty, informative and I look forward to each book because you never know what you’re going to get. I mean she’s writing about robots in this one, how freaking cool is that?! I embrace the weird. Group hug!

Before I get into all the things that I love about Matt and Marie’s journey, can I just say, I love these Knit
C.D. Canaries: DATING-ish by the sublime Penny Reid 3 10 May 25, 2017 06:11PM
  • The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3)
  • Buns (Hudson Valley, #3)
  • The Farthest Edge (Honey, #2)
  • The Unyielding (Call of Crows, #3)
  • The Thing About Love
  • The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband (Rokesbys, #2)
  • Delectable (Neighbor from Hell, #9)
  • And Another Thing (About Last Night, #2)
  • Force of Temptation (The Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
  • First Star I See Tonight (Chicago Stars, #8)
  • A Scot in the Dark (Scandal & Scoundrel, #2)
  • Curtain Call (CageVec Security, #1)
  • A Study in Scarlet Women (Lady Sherlock, #1)
  • Rock Wedding (Rock Kiss, #4)
  • The Hot Shot (Game On, #4)
  • Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
  • Once Upon a Christmas Eve (Maiden Lane, #11.5)
About Penny:
Penny Reid is the USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers and Knitting in the City series. When she’s not immersed in penning smart romances, Penny works in the biotech industry as a researcher. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive adults, wife, daughter, knitter, crocheter, sewer, general crafter, and thought ninja.

Just Released:

MAY 2017: Dating-ish, Knitting i
More about Penny Reid...

Knitting in the City (7 books)
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
  • Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5)
  • Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City, #5)
  • Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)

“It’s seductive, to live in a virtual space, especially when the real world isn’t what you want it to be.” 8 likes
“I know it hurts, honey.” Mom flipped off the gas stove and wiped her hands on her apron, turning to face me fully. “And it’s okay to hurt. Hurting is just as much a part of life as joy, maybe even more important. Falling down teaches you how to stand up.” I” 3 likes