Start by marking “Butterfly in Amber (Spotless, #4)” as Want to Read:
Butterfly in Amber (Spotless, #4)

Butterfly in Amber

(Spotless #4)

He's waiting for you...

Under a blanket of snow, surrounded by dark woods and a frozen sea, lies an ogre's castle. There lives a little princess, trapped in the maze of her own mind.
On a battlefield where the past meets the present stand a fairy godmother and a pirate, an old ice cream man and a knight in shining clean armor...
The clock is ticking fast, and to pierce the o
Published May 12th 2017 by Yaypub

To ask other readers questions about Butterfly in Amber, please sign up.
Camilla Monk Hi!
Hi!
The audiobook should be here in a couple of weeks tops! If you registered to my mailing list on camillamonk.com, I'll email everybody as soon as it's up!

Best,

CM(less)
Camilla Monk
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of Butterfly in Amber (Spotless, #4)
Meredith
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved every moment of this series...I had extremely high expectations for Butterfly in Amber, and I was pleased with the way it ended. However, I am also, at the same time, very sad that it's over.

Once again, there’s nonstop action, some twists and turns, and, of course, romance. The one difference from the other books in the series is that Butterfly in Amber has a much darker tone. It's definitely an emotional roller coaster ride, but all finally settles down in the last 10% (or so).

I think
Camilla Monk
A FOUR-HUNDRED PAGE LONG CHUCK TINGLE.

Aisling Zena
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humorous-romance
3.5-4 stars

I can't make up my mind about the rating of this book. I absolutely adored the previous books and a big reason for that was the unique and humorous voice of Island Chaptal. I accepted the literary blue balls and endless cockblocking, the constant being in danger with no reprieve and honestly I enjoyed most of the twists and turns. But losing Island's "voice" for most of the book really disappointed me. (view spoiler)
Stacey is Sassy
One of the best heroes ever…and the heroine’s pretty cool too.

In the nicest possible way, I think Camilla Monk has one of the weirdest minds around. Her imagination to think up the Spotless series is awesome. The characters and storylines are a little warped, a teensy bit creepy, kind of gruesome but so very, very interesting. If she didn’t have such a smutty mind I’d let my 13-year-old son read it. KIDDING!! Like, really kidding. Honest to goodness, I think this is the first series I have ever
Jaya
4.98-I-am-in-love-with-the-author-stars
Such a complicated book.
One needs to read the entire series to realize the significance of this installment. A curious amalgamation of break-neck thriller, part mystery/suspense with Monk's singular style of dark yet whimsical humor where you can't help but fall for the protags all over again. The romance part oh god!!! Island and March, they just make me so happy. We get glimpses of a more humane(?) side of March
Don't think am making much sense here, bec
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

Copy received from Author in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont. Romance
Series : - 4th
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 5++ stars

★Review★

I think this gif perfectly describes my feeling about t
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4.5 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

Will March keep getting cock blocked?

Is Island finally going to lose her virginity?

Will criminal organizations always threaten March and Island?

description

You'll just have to read this book to find out!!!

Butterfly in Amber is a bit darker than the previous books in the series, but it's still full of hilarious events and suspenseful moments.

I love this series so much... I'm not sure what to do with myself once this is over.

EVERYONE... JUST READ THIS B
Renégade ♥
4 1/2 to 5 stars

This was pretty much my mindset at the outset:

I wanted answers.

Needed to find out what the heck happened after how things ended in the Crystal Whisperer.

And I eventually got them.

(Whew...)

Gotta say that I was thrilled to finally be back in March and Island's world. That being said, this one had a different feel from the first three books for reasons. That difference was intentional and it worked for me because I got what the author was going for.

So, to be intentionally vague on
Sharon
*deep breath* Wowowowowow. I don’t even know what to say right now. As I was finishing up the last chapter, I found myself wanting to read slower because my heart was not ready for this series to end! This series was a neverending fuckin’ rollercoaster, and it just did NOT let me breathe… but when it did finally start to let me breathe towards the end, I somehow find myself missing it and wanting to dive back into the craziness and chaos.

Plot
Anyway, for a final book, yes pretty damn epic. It was
Cassandra
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yikes. So, I'm not sure how I'm feeling right now....

Camilla Monk said this would be a darker read and she was right. I really don't want to say anything (much) since I can't think of what to say without spoiling the entire last book. (I'm definitely not over the shock) And god, that right there is adding so much to this .... severe funk I'm in.
A lot happens, some good, some (really, really) sad, but it all gets wrapped up.
Although there isn't a pretty pink bow on it. It'd be more of a teary,
Sherwood Smith
The best summation I can think of, as usual, is visual. (I'm a visual reader.) If you've ever seen the movie Silver Chief, it's that last fifteen minutes, as you know the characters are approaching Chicago's Union Station, and yet the train just keeps accelerating.

Well, that's how I felt reading this, the last in the "Spotless" series.

The interesting thing is, unlike most endings-of-series, a new reader could actually begin with this one, because we open with our heroine, Island, living in a rem
Hilda

Coming in I knew this book would be different. Crystal Whisperer ended in a bad place and there was so much blood. Our MC's suffered really dangerous wounds. I knew it would be different and I knew it would be great BUT I wasn't ready for all the feels. It was such a great read!! This was such a good final book and a great way to wrap up this series. I don't want to say goodbye to these two but I'm so happy I got to go along this crazy ride with them.

I loved Crystal Whisperer so much because you
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
3 stars

I was a little disappointed in this one. Don't get me wrong, I love Island and March. But this book took some turns that just didn't fly with me. Sometimes I wanted to DNF. I think a big disservice was done with Island's story line in this one. Books 1 - 3 had her grow and become a great female character. In this one, she was hampered by a weird story line and reduced to a scared and almost helpless little girl again. Everything happened to her instead of her taking the reins of her life.
Christa
This was my favorite one of the series.... so far. 😃
Ivy Deluca
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: _arc-reads
Full review to come closer to release date of May 12, 2017. In the meantime...

description

Possibly the most emotional entry of the series, I adored every moment of it, and I even teared up a bit at the end. I have a bit of a book hangover (seriously read late into the night, so a bit tired right now), so it will take me a moment to draft a full review. If you have not read this underrated gem of romantic action-adventure series, you are missing out. Highly recommend. Ok, Ms. Monk, what’s next?

**ARC provided
Sally
itsmeesahara❤️
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Island & March

What happened here?😲 This book was different from the first three books in the series.. We still have the action-packed scenes💥 “violence, heartbreak💔, dark secrets & sexual frustration” but I miss Island’s wild thoughts 😂. I felt March pain and admire his tenacity,(still wishing for his POV, hehe).

I really love March & Island's adventure, the way they always find themselves in a bizarre situations. The way March always saves Island and the way Island always foils March'
Tina
I've had this book forever and read it the same day I got it. But I had a very hard time writing a review for it because honestly, I think I would just reiterate what I've said about the last three books in the series.

Which makes sense because this is a continuing narrative. It isn't just a series of sequels, this is one story that takes place over four volumes.

So I suppose I am going to give some thoughts about the series in general.

I loved this series. If you look at my shelves for it, you wil
Simii Khanom
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jenny Vee ~The Review Loft~
Different feel to this one but a necessary change in tone. spectacular narration yet again.
Helen
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received my ARC of this yesterday and didn't get off my sofa until I'd finished it.

So, is it a fitting end to the 'Spotless' series?

It's more somber in tone than the earlier books. The poignancy of Island's loss of memory and the pain this causes March in the earlier part of the book would have made too much humour jarring. Although the ice cream van and most sinister clown ever was a lovely touch. That's not so say there's no humour in the book. Hadrian the sloth anyone?

Hard to say too much
Beatrix
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017

March is the perfect boyfriend.

And I love Dries, flamboyant asshole & supervillain dad.
Coco.V
May 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝FREE on Amazon today (5/17/2018)!💝
*The Angry Reader*
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s no secret that I’m in love with this series. Camilla Monk is a genius. Characters, plot lines, and science! Everything is thoughtful and intense.

This book had a different tone than the first three. The first half of it was so difficult to read. But I think things needed to happen to even the playing field for March and Island. They’d been on a journey towards one another - and then they had to take a really difficult trip together.

I’m a Monk-devotee for life. A Monkee if you will. I’m goi
Kim Howard
Camilla Monk, if I had a French beret, I would tip it to you. This book was just awesome. Knowing this one was the last book in this series, I tried to slow down my reading to make it last. I wasn't successful.

Without giving too much away, this book is slightly different than the previous three books. It has a different feel to it, but I gobbled it up anyway. There's confusing parts, sad bits, out of this world adventure, and a happy ending. I couldn't ask for more except I will. I want another
Bookgyrl
Yesterday, I was crazy happy I received an ARC so I could FINALLY get past the cliffhanger of the last book. Today I am still crazy happy, but I also have a major case of book hangover.. as I assume it's called when you're really sad the book is finished. Really really sad. And this does not happen to me very often.

I will not spoil anything, so let me just say this book is - again - freaking awesome. Just like the other books the author takes you on a rollercoaster ride and I felt so many emoti
Alisia
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-re-re-read, 2017
It's no secret that I am a huge fan of this series. I kind of stumbled across book one, enjoyed it and never looked back. It has just got better and better with each book.

As a final book this is a great wrap up to the Island and March story, but plenty happens from where we left the last book to where this one finishes.

And oh the feels. Be prepared to feel equal parts devastated, elated and highly amused. From a series that has been so entertaining I certainly wasnt expecting the emotions but
Heather Blair
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book hangover? Pfffft. I am on a book high.

Book wasted. TOTALLY.

I was tore up most of this book. It. Was. Agonizing.

It’s like my heart is continuously breaking in slow motion, piece by piece.

You and me both, Island.

But it was all worth it in the end. March might just be my favorite character of all time. I don't just mean my favorite H, okay? I mean, favorite CHARACTER of all time. He's that good. Cold-as-ice, finger-chopping, trunk-imprisoning hitman, combined with a nose-tapping, furry-chest
Celestine
Dazed and Confused

Devious, devious Camilla Monk. My first notes as I read through the fourth (and final) book in the Spotless series were: "I am feeling this complete confusion. Did I forget how the last book ended?" Cheater that I am, I went back to look at Crystal Whisperer, and nope, I remembered correctly how I was left gritting my teeth at the edge of the cliff. Problem was that Island, the heroine of said series, did not. Take the blurb at face value when it says, "Island Chaptal will have
Wing Kee
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Self aware but still gonna go there.

World: The world building is solid, it's not overly heavy on it as the world of Island is pretty well established, the new pieces fit into the prexisting world wonderfully. The crazy science and technology makes me giggle as this series clearly knows this is a James Bond/Chuck parody.

Story: The cold opening was interesting and where the starts and continued from the cliffhanger that was the last book was an interesting albeit not entirely original one. The i
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Please merge and re-attach to series 10 30 Mar 04, 2017 04:48PM

• Eat, Pray, Die (An Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery, #1)
  • The Hunger Pains (An Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery, #2)
  • Poison is the New Black (An Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery, #3)
  • Poison and Prejudice (An Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery #4)
  • Duty and the Beast (Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery #5)
  • The Killer of Oz  (Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery, #6)
  • Taste of Christmas (An Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery, #2.5)
  • No Strings Attached (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #8)
  • No One to Trust (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #2)
  • No Test for the Wicked (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #5)
  • No Room for Error (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #7)
  • Hot Pursuit (To Catch A Thief, #1)
  • No Woman Left Behind (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #6)
  • No Living Soul (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #9)
  • No Place Like Rome (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #3)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • No Biz Like Showbiz (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #4)
  • No Regrets (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #10)

Spotless (5 books)
  • Spotless (Spotless, #1)
  • Beating Ruby (Spotless, #2)
  • Crystal Whisperer (Spotless, #3)
  • Island Chaptal and The Ancient Aliens' Treasure (Spotless, #5)