Start by marking “Bobbins and Boots (Baker City Brides, #4)” as Want to Read:
Bobbins and Boots (Baker City Brides, #4)

Bobbins and Boots

(Baker City Brides #4)

How does an act of kindness result in. . . marriage? One carefree cowboy is about to find out in this sweet historical romance!

Born dirt-poor into a life of hardship, Allie Tillman seizes the opportunity to better her situation by answering an advertisement for a mail-order bride in the West. Upon her arrival in Baker City, Oregon, she discovers her intended is a lo

Published March 23rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Bobbins and Boots, please sign up.
Nancy I wondered about that also so I sent her a message on Facebook and Shanna said there will be a book 5 coming out in the spring of 2018.

Start your review of Bobbins and Boots (Baker City Brides, #4)
InD'tale Magazine
Allie and Ben’s story is an endearing clean historical romance.

Read full review in the 2017 July/August issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Jeffrey
Mar 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Imagine heading into town to pick up a few essentials for the ranch you are working on and coming home with a bride! That's exactly what happened to young ranch hand Ben Amick. Mail-order bride Allie Tilman arrives in Baker City anticipating a wedding but to her shocking surprise the intended groom is the town's drunken sleazy loser. Poor sweet Allie escapes a hard-scrabble existence where she barely had enough food and literally slept on the dirt floor with her entire family in a one room sod h ...more
Shash
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! The humor made me laugh out loud and the romance made me sigh. The town and ranch jumped off the pages and became real as I read. And when the book ended, I didn’t want to leave.

I immediately fell in love with Ben and Allie. Ben has such a pure, kind heart. He is easy going, hard working and an amazing husband. Allie is tentative and unsure to begin with, but also knows her strengths. She is so genuine and humble. I loved watching her grow in confidence and begin to understand
Tori (Book Chick)
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This entire series was so much fun! Loved all 4 books!
Jerri
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ben and Allie's story

Ben would do anything to help, even marrying a mail order bride someone else sent for. As these two deal with the situation, falling in love is becoming very likely. The rollercoaster ride of emotions keeps you engaged. Shanna does not let up on the humor or the problems facing her characters. The secrets that come out will astonish readers. Another uplifting read. Get the details inside now.
Kirsi Johnson
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book showed up in my Amazon suggestion feed the other day and I jumped right on it. I have no idea how I didn't know it was coming out--I love this series. I loved getting to know Ben and Allie, and I thoroughly enjoyed returning to Thane and Jemma's ranch. My only lament is that I finished it too fast and I now have to wait a year before the next one!
Leona Jackson
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bobbins

Wow this had so many interesting twist and turns. I couldn't put it down. I love this series and recommend it to everyone who loves mystery and intrigue and most of all love and family.
Emily-Jane Orford
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
It takes a special woman, a strong woman, to travel across a continent to meet a fate unknown, a groom, a life’s partner unknown. So many women did just that, replying to ads, becoming a mail order bride. For Allie, it was a concern, but she decided it couldn’t be worse than the home where she grew up with an abusive father, abusive brothers and dirt poor. Little did she know that the ad she answered was a lie and the man she was intended to marry was indeed worse than what she had left behind. ...more
Julie Jobe
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this book! Ms. Hatfield has written yet another wonderfully satisfying sweet romance that had me sighing and swooning. As always, I loved catching up with the crew from her Baker City Brides series. I felt like I was welcomed in with a warm cup of tea to visit old friends and meet some new ones. I enjoyed catching up with each of the old friends and fell in love with the new ones. Allie is a sweet, yet strong, hardworking heroine with a not so wonderful home life that has caused ...more
Wendy
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books-i-read
BACK OF THE BOOK BLURB
(copied from Amazon.com)
How does an act of kindness result in. . . marriage?
One carefree cowboy is about to find out in this sweet historical romance!
Born dirt-poor into a life of hardship, Allie Tillman seizes the opportunity to better her situation by answering an advertisement for a mail-order bride in the West. Upon her arrival in Baker City, -Oregon, she discovers her intended is a low-down, lying thief. Determined to avoid a life of drudgery with him, she grasps at th
E Oygard
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Finding self worth is a wonderful thing

I have thoroughly enjoyed this series. The main male character is Ben Amick, the ranch hand who played a secondary character in previous stories. He is appalled that an innocent young mail order bride has come to Baker City to marry Joe Lambrey, one of the laziest, sneakiest, meanest of its citizens.

Allie is no stranger to hard work having been raised in a large family in Nebraska in a sod house. Beatings were a regular occurence, as was hunger and Allie, a
Kathy
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Unexpected Groom

Allie Tilman came to Baker City as a mail order bride. When she arrived at the train station, there was no one to meet her. A kindly gentleman, Edwin Greenfield happened to be at the train station to collect supplies for a boarding house that he and his wife, Hattie owned and operated. Once they discovered who her groom was supposed to be (a low down, lazy, worthless excuse for a man) Joe Lambery and persuaded her to stay on with them. Not long after Allie had started working for
Christa Gettys
May 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i found this book as charming and fun as the previous books in this series.
It is a nice easy read for a brain break from the world. Sweet romance with fade to black love scenes, so if that is your schtick, you will be very please.
There is a fun plot twist that if you have been following the series is a tail kinker for sure.
In the author's notes she tells of how the character spoke to her of this plot twist and she went with it, as a writer myself I can say that when a character tells you to do
Melissa Dobbins
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

I think this might be my favorite in the series so far, although they are all excellent stories I really appreciate the research Shanna Hatfield put into this series. She said she remembered her mom said she wore feed sack dresses in the 1930s but I remember making dish towels out of feed sack cotton into the 1950s and 1960s. I don’t know when they actually stopped using the pattern printed cotton sacks for animal feed sold in rural farm stores on North Carolina, but they were of a go
Kim Paulus
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Allie can make beautiful lace with bobbins while wearing boots, which helps her and her mother feed and care for her very large family. An opportunity comes her way from an advertisement for a mail order bride. Allie responds to the ad and before she knows it she is standing at the platform in Baker City, Oregon. When her fiancee doesn't meet the train to pick her up, she inquires about him and finds out he is a lying, scum bag that no woman would want to be married. What is she to do now? Along ...more
Barbara
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Sweet & Fresh Historical Western

The prolific Shanna Hatfield’s output could keep the average reader occupied forever. As long as she puts out delight filled stories like this one, that’s not a chore. I love her details of farm chores, equipment, male friendships and town/rural life in 1890’s Oregon. Allie and Ben are a charming couple who face conflicts from their past to bond in sudden marshes. One big surprise rattled me. I was afraid that easygoing Ben and all his ties would not be mended.
Glenda Kinard
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bobbins and Boots is one of those books a reader never wants to end. It’s a book that the Characters come alive and burrow deep in one’s soul. Allie and Ben certainly have taken up residence in this reader’s heart. Bobbins and boots is my favorite of this series yet if one can really pick a favorite Shanna Hatfield book for all her books are heart touching fantastic!!
There was a twist towards the end of this book that left me saying WOOOOOWWW I never saw that coming but oooohh how it added a who
Karen Hadley
May 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you haven't read any books by Shanna Hatfield, you are missing out on some
great reading. "Bobbins and Boots" is the fourth book in the series but can stand
alone. Some people are not whom they claim to be as Allie finds out when she
arrives as a mail-order bride. Through an act of kindness mixed with insanity Ben
steps up to the challenge. What challenge? Read the book!
Shanna'a books are fun, exciting, characters you'll love and lessons to learn.

Blessings,
Karen Hadley
Rating: 5*
I received this bo
Linda
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I've read all the Baker City Brides so far and loved them all. Ben and Allies story was explosive from the very first page. I've loved Ben from the first book. Allie comes to town as a mail order bride not knowing that her husband to be is a horrible person. There are some drop your jaw surprises in this book that I never ever saw coming. A definite must, must read for any diehard romantics. I so hope that there will be more books coming for the Baker City Brides.
Patricia
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i loved the story. i was given an arc copy and i am giving an honest review . i have read all of the books in the series and love them all. if you have read any of Shanna's books you need to read this one. all of the people from the other books are in this one but i could be read by its,elf. if you like cowboys, kittens, horses, children and ants all with a sense of humor you will love the book. thank you Shanna for another terrific story looking forward to more.
Anita
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Allie is a mail order bride and the man she is to marry does not show up at the train depot. He turned out to be a real filthy old man who never bathes etc...and Allie is a girl from an abused home so this is the last thing she needs. The English Butler of Lady Jemma finds her and the story goes from there with lots of things happening and old couples in the previous books are intertwined in the story. Darling book I recommend reading it.
Julia David
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Allie is so courageous, she left her home to marry a man she had never met. She was to be a mail-order bride. The only thing is, the man is no good. Then in comes Ben and rescues her from that horrible future. I really loved Allie and Ben. Ben was very happy to help Allie, but all of a sudden he realized that he married a stranger. As they get to know each other, they learn about love. I really didn't expect the little twist near the end.
Vickey Mcgee
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a Cowboy!

Another winner from the author. A beautifully written story with fantastically charming and memorable characters. Here's a story that is clean so all ages can enjoy a great read. There's caring, loving and some comedy. I loved it. Hated to put it down to eat or sleep. Wish I could give more stars, it deserves them.
Alma Conchas
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Anyone that loves Romance books is going to love this book because it just gets you hooked into the story and the people in it I loved how Ben had to work to win Allies heart, and that he saw that she needed time to believe that he is not going to be like her father, and I really can't wait to read the next book in this series and the ones before this one!
Ann Topham
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Baker City Oregon

I have enjoyed this series set in Baker City. The city is located about 1/2 way between our home and that of our daughter, so when we travel to see her, we often stay overnight there.
The stories of the Jordan family and are love stories that a are fun a and wholesome.
Pascale
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not really a fan of historical fiction but I enjoyed this one. I wouldn’t describe it as a romantic comedy. Not sure where that description came from. It was a good, clean romance with hints of sex behind closed doors and between married couples. I would likely read more from the author, even in this style which isn’t a preference for me.
Abbie
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When the train stops in Baker City another story begins

This story is as good as the other three! Truly, there was another story that needed to be told besides the stories of the three close friends and this is a good one.
Nancy
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book by Shanna Hatfield and hated to see it end. There was great surprise near the end of the book that I didn't see coming. I am so glad to see there will be more books in this series and will have a hard time waiting for the next book in the series.
Deloris  Mercer
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic story

What a wonderful book, lots of twists and turns.
Great characters and the setting is wonderful.
Thank you Ms. Hatfield for writing this book.
Will recommend to my friends.
Annie
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ben, the twice runaway groom, and Allie are my favorite characters in this series. I just love Allie and hope to see more of her in the series.
The amazing twist that I did not see coming made me glad that I read their story.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Lacy's Legacy (Westward Home and Hearts Mail-Order Brides, #1)
  • A Highwayman's Mail Order Bride (Westward Hearts, #1)
  • Miranda (Mail-Order Brides of Sapphire Springs, #1; Brides of Beckham)
  • Ruby's Risk (Westward Home and Hearts Mail-Order Brides #2)
  • Loving a Rebel: The Preacher's Daughter (Glory, Montana #1)
  • King's Fancy (Wild West Book 1)
  • A Faithful Bride For The Wounded Sheriff: Historical Western Mail Order Bride Romance (Bear Creek Brides Book 2)
  • The Shameless Flirt (Regency Love #3)
  • Landry's Back in Town (Rocky Ridge #1)
  • Dear Mr. Diamond (Mail-Order Bride Ink, #10)
  • Dear Mr. Stone (Mail-Order Bride Ink Book 11)
  • Jake's Honor (Romancing the West: Cowboys of Coulee Crossing #1)
  • Gunslingers Don't Die (Brides of Sweet Creek Ranch #2)
  • Mollie: Bride of Georgia (American Mail-Order Bride #4)
  • Kiss of a Duke (12 Dukes of Christmas #2)
  • Maggie's Christmas Miracle (Westward Home and Hearts Mail-Order Brides, #3)
  • Angus' Trust (Grooms with Honor, #1)
  • Tripp's Trivial Tie (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance #2)
A hopeless romantic with a bit of sarcasm thrown in for good measure, Shanna Hatfield is a best-selling author of clean romantic fiction written with a healthy dose of humor.

In addition to blogging and eating too much chocolate, she is completely smitten with her husband, lovingly known as Captain Cavedweller.

Shanna creates character-driven romances with realistic heroes and heroines. Her histor

Baker City Brides (5 books)
  • Crumpets and Cowpies (Baker City Brides #1)
  • Thimbles and Thistles (Baker City Brides #2)
  • Corsets and Cuffs (Baker City Brides #3)
  • Lightning and Lawmen (Baker City Brides Book 5)