Start by marking “Save the Date” as Want to Read:
Save the Date

Save the Date

Randall Young has one duty as his sister’s “man of honor”: to ensure she has the best wedding ever. That includes an epic bachelorette pub crawl, leading him to Portland’s most popular gay bar… and into Hunter Mitchell’s well-muscled arms. A one-night stand with a sexy soldier is the perfect way to ditch that pesky V-card and get himself in the mood for a weekend of flower ...more
Published March 28th 2017 (first published March 27th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Save the Date, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Save the Date

Start your review of Save the Date
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Annabeth Albert is a rockstar, but Wendy Qualls is a new-to-me author, so I wasn't entirely sold on this whole co-writing thing. But I'm happy to report that this writing duo delivered a fun, steamy story.

Highlights:

- Opposites attract (toppy Army sergeant from Alabama and geeky astrophysicist who likes to be bossed about)

- WTH-is-my-one-night-stand-doing-HERE?! scenario (awkward but delicious)

- Smoldering sexy times (so hot!)

- Eager virgin (Randall wants everything Hunter has to offer; he beg
~Mindy Lynn~
Short, cute, and sexy. That pretty much sums up this book.

A story of a Military man and a virgin nerd hooking up. Throw in a few awkward moments and some really sexy scenes I was totally sold. What else do you need to know in order to pick this one up?

A little more? Are you crazy? The above should be enough for any MM lover. But I'll give a bit more. LOL

It wasn't an earth shattering read, but it was enjoyable and I liked the two MC's. I liked how Randall was pretty shy in the sheets but was cou
Ele
Mar 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the first half more than the second. For some reason, I felt there was a strong MF vibe in this one. And for the life of me, I can't figure out why everyone was up on Hunter's business by 75%. People would keep judging him for his lifestyle, and although he made no promises, Randall acted like a damsel in distress.

Martin
This was a very sweet story! Hunter is a typical Annabeth Albert military hunk (meaning I LOVE him) while Randall is an astrophysicist and a 27 year old gay virgin.

Both guys hook up in a club and run into each other again when they realize that they're attending the same wedding that weekend.

They decide to keep their weekend fling going which turns into a smooth HEA.

I liked the story, but it was a bit too smooth for my taste. No serious conflicts, unlike in other books with military characters
.Lili.
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sometime last year, Annabeth Albert and Wendy Qualls made an announcement in Annabeth's Angels (Annabeth's Facebook Group) that they'd be co-writing and asked fans to what kind of story they'd like to read through a series of poll questions. I thought the idea neat, and I was excited to see what they'd come up with. Annabeth Albert is a favorite author of mine but having never read Wendy Qualls I wondered how the story would come out. The answer: turned out awesome.

Save the Date is a sexy, fun n
* A Reader Obsessed *
4.5 *High Five* Stars!

Oh yeah… this little gem just made my day - maybe my whole week! Seriously?? I’m not going to apologize for loving this because it was absolutely what I needed and pretty much holds all the components of what I like in a contemporary romance.

Hunter just wants to have a mindless hookup so he can temporarily put his current problems on the back burner, especially the one just ahead of him - being best man for his oldest friend. When he spots his shy geeky fantasy come true at
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4 Stars***

Sexy soldier + geeky scientist + one night stand + wedding setting + virgin exploration = ONE HAPPY READER!!

I really enjoyed this sweet and steamy, with just the right amount of angst novella! The perfect quick read. The MCs are well developed, the pacing doesn't feel rushed, and the ending left me with a big ol' smile on my face.

And guess what?!?! IT'S CURRENTLY FREE!!!

Meags
4.5 Stars

This was a big win for me. I was all over the various tropes and character archetypes being explored here; the combination of the sweet virginal geek and the confident military man worked an absolute treat.

This is a must-read for all Annabeth Albert fans, and I must say, I now eagerly look forward to exploring co-author Wendy Qualls upcoming series too.
Ariana
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
This was just lovely and great fun, too!

Randall and Hunter are well drawn characters with quite a bit of depth, and I loved both of them.
Hunter who oozes strength, but is so gentle, considerate and tender it makes your heart melt. (Not to forget his hidden vulnerability!) And Randall, the most adorkable nerdy, brainy guy, with a cuteness factor of 12/10 whose blushes and shyness are wonderfully contradicted by his determination and willingness to try anything.

What I really loved:
.) there are so
Dia
2,5 stars

This was free on Amazon when I grabbed it and as I love Annabeth Albert's writing style I thought it was going to be a winner. Unfortunately it took me ages to get invested into the story, even if it's pretty short, and it was too sugary sweet for my taste. It ended being just an OK read. I enjoyed some parts, but it was not what I expected. Low on angst and pretty light.
Christelle
What to say ? This one felt bland for me.

It’s a short story with 2 guys that met in a bar, had a hot night together, then realized they will spend some times together at a wedding. They are completely different from each other but they develop deep feeling for each other.

Nothing really to write about, except for the nice epilogue that “saved the day” for me.
Josy
~ 3.5 stars ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

free at Amazon and Kobo
~Kristin~
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars
Ami

Albert and Qualls deliver a smoldering yet sweet novella between an army sergeant and a (virgin) astrophysicist during a wedding weekend. The opposite attracts definitely on the works here :). It's light on angst. Nothing mind-blowing about it, it's practically something to quibble on in between longer novels.

PLUS it's FREE on major e-retailers, people.
Heather the Queen of (Smut)Books
Short and sweet.....just what I needed.
Vanna
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars!! Another sweet story which took me by surprise. 😍 I have been a fan of Annabeth Albert for a while but this is my first book by co-author Wendy Qualls. I am now inclined to check her books too. The plot was very simple, brainy geeky virgin meets experienced jaded army guy at a club, they have a one night stand never expect to cross paths again. But destiny has something else in store, turns out geeky guy's sister is getting married army guy's best friend over the weekend. 😉💕. Sparks fly ...more
Anke
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Free from amazon

Yes, that was a nice little heartwarming story.
Denise H.
*** Wow, this cover is hot ! *****
Randall, 28, is a for real "rocket scientist"; a man who's still a virgin, who meets Hunter, a muscled Army man who is looking for a hook-up. And they do get together for a steamy, hot, gasping, moaning, night of first times for Randall. Wow ! The pre-wedding activities begin the next day. Randall is Autumn's brother, and her "man of honor." Neither man had talked about family, so it was a surprise to find Hunter being introduced as the groom's bother, and Beau
Luupi "The Reading Queen"
You know I've said I usually don't like short stories? Well, this was one of the exceptions 😂 I adored the characters and didn't feel anything was rushed.

My favorite was definitely Hunter even though Randall was pretty great too. Hunter won a special place in my heart for the way he took care of Randall, he always made sure they were both on the same page and that Randall was as eager as him to do something.

On the other hand, Randall was so smart and knew exactly what he wanted even though he w
Sophia
Save the Date was a freebie (still is, I believe) standalone story about two opposites, a rocket scientists and a soldier, who discover a sizzling attraction when they meet at a wedding when Randall's sister is marrying Hunter's best friend.

Misunderstandings, differences of opinion, wedding nightmares, and stress all could sabotage their trysts and growing feelings, but its fear to take chances on love that might ultimately keep them apart. It has sweet moments, a bit of fun, but also some extra
Melissa
This is another cutie and I just want to squeeze Randall, he's so cute! :) I wish there were more installments to them, but I don't think there are - or will be. :(

The story might be short, but this isn't an insta-love situation. Their is instant intrigue, attraction and caring, but love comes later. I want to say more but I would just be overloading you with my cuteness obsession, so I won't do that. ;)

Get it, read it, love it. Ciao, baby!
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
2.5 stars, rounded up even if I didn't like it.
While I was reading I was like "is this really the book that had a lot of 5 stars enthusiastic reviews?! How possible??"
For me it didn't work. It was kinda lame, and the characters meh. The whole book was a big "meh" imo.
I'm sorry, but this really wasn't a book for me 😕
Bonnie-Anne Carmichael (Love Triangles Are Fucking Stupid.)
This was super lovely! I love a good wedding hookup story.

Bev
Ordinary. Thank goodness it was a freebie.
Ed Davis
This is a sweet little read.
Liz (Bugetta)
Super sweet with some steam. Just what I was in the mood for. :-)
Pati

I'm sorry to say that this was just an okay read for me. I can't point at any one specific thing and say that is why however, these characters just never felt real to me. They just never touched my emotions. They sadly, just remained words on my kindle.

This story started with Randall, his sister Autumn, her friend Krissy and Krissy's girlfriend June standing in line at an "iconic" gay bar in Portland which wasn't actually named. I reread this more than once thinking that I must have just overl
Emily Seelye
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, arc, virgins
Len Evans Jr
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This story is a wonderfully sweet and hot tale of how Randall and Hunter met and thereafter. For starters the sex scenes between the two main characters are scorching hot. But what really hooked me on the story is the incredibly intense chemistry between the couple. Most of the story takes place during Randall's sister and Hunter's best friend's wedding weekend; and it is the perfect setting for the two guys to fall for each other. Randall is his sister's Man of Honor while Hunter is his best fr ...more
Mike
Yes. Just yes.

I found the first two thirds to be a nice blend of some scorching, muscle stud/virginal scientist steam with chemistry that rocketed off the charts for me. The last third was a bit more typical, very nice and sweet but not as extraordinarily enticing to me as the beginning. Overall, a steamy then “aww shucks” romantic (and decently erotic) short.

4.5 “more please” stars
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Right Back Where (Welcome to Alvarado Book 1)
  • Tonight
  • Sixty Five Hours (Sixty Five Hours, #1)
  • Best of Both Worlds
  • Why Love Matters
  • Our Secret Wedding (Sky High Scaffolders, #1)
  • The Proof Is the Way It Hurts
  • Learning to Feel
  • Mr. Jaguar
  • Realigned (Coming Home #1)
  • Temptation by Design
  • Lush in Lace
  • Marketing Beef
  • Broken Strings (Chords of Chaos, #1)
  • Synchronicity
  • Fake It 'Til You Make It
  • Vice and Exploitation
  • My Gay Geek Crush (My Gay Geek Love Affair #1)
Frequent tweeter, professional grammar nerd, and obsessive reader, Annabeth Albert is also a Pacific Northwest romance writer in a variety of subgenres.

Emotionally complex, sexy, and funny stories are her favorites both to read and to write. In between searching out dark heroes to redeem, she works a rewarding day job and wrangles two toddlers.