Start by marking “Hard to Love” as Want to Read:
Hard to Love

Hard to Love

(Hard #1)

Leaving a safe, predictable relationship and falling straight into the center of a whirlwind was never part of Emily's Plans. From that very moment when the stranger's hand takes her by the wrist, she is thrust into a world where she is flooded with feelings she cannot ignore.

Torn between her head and her heart, she quickly realizes that fighting her attraction to Chase
Published May 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Hard to Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard to Love

Start your review of Hard to Love
Coco.V
Oct 10, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (10/10/2017)!
Siobhan
May 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I’m going to be honest through admitting my feelings towards Hard to Love are rather mixed. At times I was really pulled into the story and was considering giving it a four star rating, at other times I was forcing myself along as I wasn’t pulled into it in the way I wanted to be. It had high points, but it also had lows – hence, the three star rating. It had the potential to pull a four star rating from me, but it didn’t quite make it. Despite that, I’m confident the author has the potential to ...more
Steph's Book Ramblings
OI! There was enough drama in the first half of this story to fill a complete novel! A romance novel always has conflicts (commitment issues, crazy exes, catty competition) but all of them? Too much! There was also little to no flow with this story. Also things kept suddenly popping up that were never mentioned before: Emily was raised by a loving grandma, her ex is suddenly a police detective. Editing was the main issue here, I think, but it was annoying either way.

Sadly, under all these
Sheila Schoenauer
Apr 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hard to Love was an enjoyable story with great leading characters. Chase was the ultimate alpha male. He knew what he wanted and wasn't afraid to go after it, even if he did let his ego get in the way at times. His love for his family was strong and true, though it was also his biggest weakness. Emily was so sweet. All she wanted was true love, and I honestly don't blame her. She didn't think she's find it so soon after breaking up with her boyfriend of over 2 years. But love usually finds us ...more
Catherine Hayward
Apr 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hard to love

This book has a lot going for it and over all it's a good read. There are some likeable characters and a couple of villains.

Chase is successful but having been hurt he's now a player , hard working he also plays hard. Family is everything so when he needs to step up and protect his family he does.

Emily is fresh out of a two year relationship with policeman Brad , who wanted to marry her, she wasn't ready for that with him and realised she never would be.

When Emily and Chase meet the
Tracey
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

This is the story of Emily who finds that she no longer has feelings for her boyfriend Brad Morgan, when she finds an engagement ring that he was going to propose with, she breaks off their relationship.

Not long after Emily is in a night club with her best friend Cassie, when she meets up with sexy Chase Newman, there is an instant attraction and Chase wants her to be his, but he has secrets that may tear them apart. We find that their
Beth
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I see that this is a 1st time book for S. Jones (Sandra) ...I am such a fan, I will be interested to see where S. Jones goes from here? Such a great read. Love the cover It did hold my interest and made me so curious to see where she would take us next, how it would all end up? The characters are well developed, deep and have such a history. Chase is so sure of himself. Why are woman never like this? I would love to a bit of that please. I walk around like I think I know ...but in reality ...I ...more
Kathy Rouchelle
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've hear a few things about this book from how good it is to how it has too much drama in one book. I for one found this last statement to be false in my opinion. I found that the amount of drama kept the book flowing and had me turing page after page after page. I loved this book. I loved the well written storyline as well as the well defined characters. Emily and Chase are perfect for each other. He is a strong, stubborn, charming, handsome and confident alpha male, although not overly alpha. ...more
Melissa King
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Sandra Jones debut book, Hard to Love is a great beginning to her writing career. She did a great job of showing that being in a relationship isn't always easy but with hard work can be very rewarding.

The story begins with Emily Davis breaking up a two year relationship with officer Brad. She felt like he was a good guy and everything but they just didn't have any chemistry together or that connection your wanting to have with your one true love. Realizing they had no future didn’t ease the
Prosecco Princess
May 16, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5*
This was my first book to read by this author and wow was it a good first read.
This story was so full of drama that I was pulled in from the very first page. In this story with meet Emily who no longer loves her boyfriend Brand. She finds an engagement ring and breaks off their relationship.
A while later while out with her friends she meets Chase who she is instantly attracted to and the feeling is mutual.
I had some mixed feelings about these characters and the way the felt about each
Barbara
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The author has written a good storyline with characters that people can relate to and be passionate about. The story will have your emotions running the gambit right along with the characters as the story unfolds. We start off with Emily breaking off her 2 year romance to Brad, as she felt something was missing and knew it wasn’t fair to either of them. Of course knowing that still didn’t ease the hurt for either of them. A few weeks later, while out with friends, Emily meet Chase. The ...more
Leeann Rend
Apr 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review. This was the authors first book. The story was very well written and the characters were very well developed. It was a great read, with lots of drama and angst if you like that kind of thing.

Emily is coming off the heels of a two year relationship with Detective Brad Morgan. A man that was perfect in every, but just not for her.

When she meets the sexy eye-catching Chase Newman, sparks fly. She finds him unable to resist. Once she
Alison
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
This is the first book by this author so it’s always an exciting time delving into new writing, characters, style etc. It is a pleasant story to get into and flows at a steady pace.
Emily has been in a long-term relationship with cop Brad but when it comes to the crunch she realises they don’t have a future together. He is a lovely guy but doesn’t fulfil her desires, he is predictable and reliable.
She then meets Chase, he is the opposite. Charming, daring, huge ego, sexy, will move the
MillsyLovesBooks
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Boy this book had so much going on in the drama department!! now i'm all for drama but for this seemed over the top. Did this mean i didn't enjoy this read hell no it was still enjoyable but some of the drama just wasn't needed.

Not long after Emily is in a night club with her best friend Cassie,
Jonesy  23
May 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. Chase is a sexy alpha male who makes you smile from the very first time you meet him. Emily is your typical girl next store, who you can't help but relate to. Their chemistry is off the charts, and you just can't help but want this couple to get their HEA. What I liked about this book was that the characters were very likable and the supporting characters were a hoot. Emily is flawed and insecure. She feels like she will never be good enough for a man like Chase ...more
Nadia
-ARC received in exchange for an honest review-

This book was a pleasant read.

The story centers around Emily and Chase. They meet at the nightclub not long after Emily had broken up with her seemingly perfect long term boyfriend, Brad.

The attraction between Emily and Chase is instant, although Emily is hesitant at first. I would say this is a slow burn read, though I found the plot to be a bit busy at times.

The book was well written and told from Emily's POV. I did at times find her
Megan | A Page to Turn
Hard to Love is the first book I've read by S. Jones - and I really enjoyed the story and all it's elements. There was a LOT of content in this book and the storylines never went dry or dull. There was so much going on, but I feel as if that relates to life most of the time. We all get overwhelmed and just have to take the hit as they keep coming... that's what this book felt like to me.

The relationship between Emily and Chase started like many relationships do - she was just out of a
Robyn Corcoran
May 01, 2017 rated it liked it

3 1/2 stars

This first book of Sandra Jones is a romance with true angst!

Emily works in real estate and isn't happy in her relationship with Brad! Chase is a wealthy lawyer who is instantly attracted to Emily when he meets her in his brother's nightclub that he co-owns! Emily is not making it easy for Chase and this leads to him being intrigued by her behaviour...this is their love story.

Emily & Chase have such a rocky road in their relationship that you really wonder if they will make it
Teri
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Should it really be hard to love, when you meet that special someone? In this story it most definitely is. Emily knows that the relationship she is in isn't one that rocks her world but it's comfortable and safe and right now that's all that matters. Little does she know that for Brad it's so much more. When Brad takes action he sets actions in motion that are nothing that Emily ever thought would have thought would be. When betrayal and jealousy cause a stirring of bad results it may be enough ...more
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
This book is a fantastic debut!!

The story starts out with Emily realizing that she doesn't see a future with Brad, a super nice police officer who is ready to take the next step with her. A few weeks later, she meets Chase, an intense attorney who is used to getting what he wants. As much as she tries to resist, their connection is too strong. There are secrets standing in the way of their HEA and it will take everything in them to overcome all of the obstacles facing them.

Emily and Chase were
Cathy
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

There is so much going for this book, Emily is coming out of a 2 year relationship with Brad. While Brad was a great guy he just wanted her "the one". She meets Chase at a club a few weeks after the breakup, but she isn't ready to get involved. But the heart wants what the heart wants and as much as she tries she can't stay away from him.

Chase was burned it the past, so he tends to stick to one night, but something is different about Emily.

I felt that the book started out a little slow,
Jean Joseph
Apr 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emily wasn't looking for love when she met Chase at his club. She was coming off a relationship and was feeling bad about how she ended things. Chase didn't trust females, all he wanted was one night stands. Til he met Emily. These two are a trip, both trying to get over the past and learn to trust again. After breAking up they try to work things out again. I love these two, and Cassie the protective best friend too. This was the first book by the author but hopefully not my last. I voluntarily ...more
Tiffany
May 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read by this author and I thought it was good. I liked Emily and Chase. They had an instant attraction and great chemistry. There are secrets and forces that threaten to interfere with their relationship. Will they overcome those and get their HEA? Check this one out to find the answer.
*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. This is my honest review.*
Tilly (Tilly’s Book Corner)
ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.
I loved this book from beginning to end. It had you on your toes the whole way through the twists and turns were amazing. I do hope this will be made into a series.
Definitely worth the 5 stars I've given it

Reviewed on behalf of Amo & Sarah's Book Corner
Crystal Wilke
Apr 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
S.Jones is off to a great start with Hard to Love. I loved every second of this book. I was sad that it ended. I need more of Alpha Chase and Emily. If you like/love/enjoy a book that has romance, alpha male, suspense, mysterious and hot steamy sex then grab a copy of Hard to Love. S.Jones will not leave you disappointed. I can't wait to read more of her work.
Kathy Rendino
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a beautifully written story. Full of excitement, challenges, love, anger etc. I love how Sandy brought the characters to life so I was able to feel their emotions! For a first book, I see a lot of talent in her writing skills and can not wait to read the next one! This is definitely a 5 Star ...more
May 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book of S Jones that i have read and i was fortunate to have read this book early for an honest review.
This book is a HEA.
The characters are strong and work well. There was plenty of twists and turns throughout this book!
I look forward to the rest of this series!
J Christopher
ARC Copy provided!

This was a great book. It was filled with lots of drama, which I like in a story. Liked the characters and the writing was excellent. S. Jones can tell great story. This was the first book by this author. I can't wait to read her second book.
Lesley and Sarah and All Things Books Blog
This book is a HEA.
I look forward to the rest of this series!
Audrey
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to read Brad & Lexi's story!

• Fake It for Me (Bad Boy Greeks, #1)
  • Just One Night (Blue Beech, #2)
  • It's Not Over (Fair Lakes #1)
  • Enamored (Accidental Billionaires #3)
  • Unexpected Fight (Unexpected Arrivals #2)
  • The Broken One (Corisi Billionaires, #1)
  • Love, Tussles, and Takedowns (Cactus Creek, #3)
  • Breaker
  • (Not) The One
  • His Taste: A Dark Small Town Romance (Pine Grove Book 1)
  • As Long As I Have You (London Sullivans 1)
  • Just Exes (Blue Beech, #3)
  • Unexpected Fall (Unexpected Arrivals #3)
  • Tapping Out (Fighting Love #1)
  • Paradox
  • Just Her Bodyguard (Blue Beech, #1)
  • Make Me an Offer
  • CHECKED (Boston Terriers Hockey #1)

Hard (2 books)