Start by marking “The Bluebell Bunting Society” as Want to Read:
The Bluebell Bunting Society

The Bluebell Bunting Society

Welcome to Bluebell Hall. Pull up a wonky chair, grab a cream bun and settle into a story about a little village, a determined caretaker – and bunting.

At twenty-nine, Connie isn’t quite where she thought she’d be. When her beloved gran died Connie returned to Hazelhurst, the village she grew up in, and took over her gran’s old job as caretaker at the village ha
Published March 27th 2017 by Canelo

To ask other readers questions about The Bluebell Bunting Society, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bluebell Bunting Society

Dash fan
Mar 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
5☆ ++  Review

The Blue bell Bunting Society is a story about determination, courage, making new friends, New Beginnings and a whole lot of Community spirit.

I absolutely loved this charming gem of a book. It made me laugh out loud, feel warm inside and I really wanted to join the Bluebells Group. (As fellow Brownie & Girl Guide this was right up my street)

Connie's Gran was the previous caretaker to the Bluebell Hall.
When she passed away she left the running
Stacey
Apr 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was very enjoyable and such a lighthearted read so thank you to Canelo, Polly Dolan and Netgalley for a chance to read this book in return of an honest review.

I've never read anything before by Poppy Dolan but from now on I shall be looking out for more of her books! This type of storyline is exactly the type of Chick Lit book that I look for. Also, how cute is the cover? I was totally drawn into this book by the pretty colours and illustrations.

I'm quite a big
Whispering Stories
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
After her grandmother died, Connie returned to the village of Hazelhurst to take over the role as caretaker of Bluebell Hall. At 29, Connie loves her job, but also feels that there is so much more that she can do with her life.

Under Connie’s control, the hall comes under threat from the original family owners’ lawyers, who insist that the hall can only be used by the villagers, if at least 50% of them use it per year. This had become tricky lately as new houses were built locally, me
Tami
Mar 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, chick-lit
Connie is left in charge of Bluebell Hall after her grandmother passes away. Connie loves the hall because it's been in her family for a long time, but now it might be closing because she hasn't been meeting the required amount of visitors each week.

Connie is trying to figure out a way to save the hall, so she creates the Bluebell Bunting Society in an attempt to attract more visitors.

I liked this book for the most part. It was a cute, cozy read. The characters were likab
Jessica
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. This was my first Poppy Dolan book and I was drawn to this one by the beautiful bright cover. The story was just as fabulous, one I could not put down.

I loved the characters and how friendly everyone in the village was and how they all looked out for each other and got behind Connie on her mission to keep the hall open.

A fun, enjoyable and exciting read.
Misfits farm
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
The local village hall is the Bluebell hall. 50% of the village residents need to use it to keep it open otherwise it could become a coffee bar or razed. Connie has taken over where her Gran left off and looks after the hall and its activities. She is doing all she can to raise its awareness but needs more hands. Can she pull it off? This is one of those comfortable easy reads where you pretty much know what is going to happen but it makes you feel that there is good in the world and that if we ...more
Agi
Apr 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, 2017-releases

3.5 stars.

Oh joy! The new Poppy Dolan's book! Guys, you've no idea how much I've waited for this novel. I've read all Poppy's previous books and they were all just SO right up to my street - the brilliant writing, my kind of humour, lovely characters and the stories flowing so effortlessly and seamlessly. I can't believe - or no, I take it back, I CAN believe that it's already four years since Poppy's last book, it is really SO long. When I've heard the news "The Bluebell Bunting Soc
Enya
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Bluebell Bunting Society tells the tale of twenty-nine year old Connie, the caretaker of Bluebell Hall. The predecessor to her beloved grandma, Connie tries her best to maintain the historical hall. Yet when the it is threatened with closure, Connie must attempt to bring the community together, connecting lives and keeping the village's history afloat. But can she manage on her own?

Although this book is far from the A level set texts I'm currently reading, it was a heartwarming a
Kim
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, kindle, net-galley
This was such a charming story set in a small village. Connie took over as caretaker of Bluebell Hall when her gran died and she is now faced with trying to save it from closure. It needs the villagers to embrace it and use it fully.
She enlists some friends to help her try and raise the ratio of villagers using the hall and there are some very amusing scenes whilst they try out various ideas. They come up with a sewing group making bunting for the village fete.
It's a lovely tale of f
Julia
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is about life in a small village in England, it is about friendship, family and extended family, and it's about building and preserving a community, especially in our fast progressing times.

I loved all of the characters, not only Connie the MC of the book. I loved the writing, the cultural and pop-culture references. When I was about a quarter into this book, I said on Litsy that this book makes me miss life in a village and life in the UK in general.

I enjoyed every minute
Kirsty Greenwood
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely brilliant read (did I already say that?!)!! I loved everything about this book. From the beautiful uplifting cover to the cracking, heart-warming story inside. What's really wonderful about the way this author writes is that she can do cosy and charming perfectly but there's a wit and clever turn of phrase that elevates her stories above the rest. Connie and the crew's antics had me laughing out loud and egging them on throughout.

I would recommend this book to ever
Sophie
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Bluebell Bunting Society is a warm and inviting book and the story inside is a joy to read. Connie took over the caretaker role at Bluebell Hall when her gran died a few years ago. She cares about the damp, mould-sodden place and wants to do her gran proud by keeping it going strong. But when the hall is threatened with closure, there is only one thing Connie is sure about and that includes bunting, lots and lots of bunting. This is where the book really gets going and what follows is a char ...more
Marjorie
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
This is more of a coming of age story than anything else. Admittedly, the coming of age isn't a teenage one but when you are heading oin the downhill slope to the big 3-0 it feels like adulthood is ready to sit on your shoulders and that is very definitely a coming of age. Certainly Connie seems to feel that way - then again, the character appears to be rather immature for her actual age in years and seems to have retreated to a safe existence after a failed relationship in the big bad city. Con ...more
Rachel Gilbey
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you love bunting then you are definitely in the right place. If on the other hand like me and you really can't work out what all the fuss about lots of triangles strung together is, then not to worry, as in amongst all of the bunting, there is a charming story, that I really enjoyed reading.

The whole purpose of the newly created Bluebell Bunting Society is to help to try and save Bluebell Hall from closure, and they have only been given 30 days to get the hall's visitor numbers up. Personall
Nicole Normand
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I found this book discounted on Amazon via BookBub; this is my honest review.
-It's slow all the way up until the end, then it's a roller-coaster of adventures and romance and you're not sure you're ready for it.
-It's touching the way they want to save the Hall. It's funny at times too. The whole parts with Connie's mother are all sad and depressing. But it was nice getting the town to work together to a selfless cause. There's no ending really, just your imagination.
-There were
Mandi
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
A really fun and quick read. I loved the community feeling in this book. Finding who you are and where your place in life is by looking at who is around you supporting you. I have to say what I really enjoyed so much about this book was that it was more about the main character's relationship with herself then it was about getting her tied up with a guy. Such a refreshing and fun book to read. I can't wait to read more by this author.
Thanks to NetGalley for this free ebook in exchange for
Katherine Hayward Pérez
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, chick-lit
Review to come. It will be posted on my book blog, katherinesbookuniverse.wordpress.com.This is the 2nd book I've read and reviewed by Poppy Dolan after The Woolly Hat Knitting Club. Another cosy chick lit read. Thanks to Canelo, Poppy Dolan and NetGalley for an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
Lindsey
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it
It was cute. Easy to read. Focus on friendship and community vs. romance.
Angela
Jun 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
For some reason this book didn't click with me but at least it ended on a solid positive note.
Nessa
Apr 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
New author for me, but I decided to give it ago as the cover really appealed to me. It was a truly wonderful light easy and fun read. Thoroughly enjoyable with lovely characters.

The story is delightful and well thought out, a few funny moments and I loved it from start to finish.

Look forward to seeing what this author brings out next.
Petra Quelch
Apr 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fabulously inspiring book! I loved the theme of The Bluebell Bunting Society as well as the realistic and vibrant characters ( who wouldn't like Flip!).
The leading character Connie is caring a tremendous responsibility by looking after the dilapidated Hall that is oozing history and character. There is so much more to The Bluebell Hall, and Connie knows its value but The Hall is crumbling under her care and even Connie is losing her high spirits and positive mind about saving it.
Co
Jody
May 22, 2017
Elle
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review and more can be found at my blog:

The Bluebell Bunting Society is a sweet, charming story guaranteed to make you smile. I'll be completely honest - this is not the kind of book I'd usually opt for as on first glance, it seemed a bit too sugary sweet for my liking! But I decided to give it a try, and I'm glad I did, as it's a lovely novel, and one perfect to lift your spirits. It was nice to step away fr
« previous 1 3 4 next »