Start by marking “Un appartement à Paris” as Want to Read:
Un appartement à Paris

Un appartement à Paris

(Madeline #2)

Paris, un atelier d’artiste caché au fond d’une allée verdoyante.

Madeline l’a loué pour s’y reposer et s’isoler.À la suite d’une méprise, cette jeune flic londonienne y voit débarquer Gaspard, un écrivain misanthrope venu des États-Unis pour écrire dans la solitude. Ces deux écorchés vifs sont contraints de cohabiter quelques jours.

L’atelier a appartenu au célèbre peintre
Published March 30th 2017 by XO

To ask other readers questions about Un appartement à Paris, please sign up.
Violeta No, you don't. I didn't remember that caracter from previous book and it's ok.

Cris
Jul 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Musso is the French author most read. So it says in the book jacket. When I was in Paris recently the huge, ubiquitous advertisements for his books made me curious and I got this book. It is an easy read. Very reminiscent of the Davinci code minus the "spiritual" dimension. It is an adventure that moves fast. One week; Paris, Madrid, New York. The characters are not very developed and they remind me of a much diminished version of the "girl of the dragon tattoo" duo. Despite it's superficiality: ...more
Sonya Serial Reader
Suspense suspense...wait for the video ;)
Tanja Velickovska
Good story,but not as his previous books
Jasmina Vulovic
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I read this book maybe a week ago. Honestly, when I finished the last word, I was completley speachless. It was the first time, that some book that I randomly picked in a bookstore took my breath away.You can say that this book was like Sean Lorenz's art work to me.(if u read it , you will get what I mean) I will not spoil anything, so don't worry.
I wanted to write this review later, so the feeling would wear off and I can be as real as I can and try not to overhype.
What I like the most is tha
Violeta
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
His books are so similiar, but still I love to read them. I love Paris and all the atmosphere about that city.
Carina
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
well. this was my 3rd Musso, and again: I liked it quite. the characters were troubled, but interesting, the scenery vibrant and even though some twists seemed random, the story was complex

BUT

I think Musso put the name of every artist he ever heard, every painting, half of all classics ever written into this book, in order to sound eloquent? sophisticated? smart?
Being a huge culture nerd and wisenheimer myself, I tried to appreciate it, but it was simply too much and too random
Maria Carmo
I had started this book with a lot of interest and more or less half way I interrupted to read other things... But when I took back to reading it I discovered a fine thriller, with an ingenious plot and larger than life characters. I loved it!

Maria Carmo,

Lisbon 7 August 2017.
Dajana D
interesting but not extremely. bad translation in Serbian.
Eileen
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3/5. Clearly not his best plot or writing but it's still enjoyable. The ending is too simple I think, I would have liked to go deeper in the "after". Perhaps it is the choice of Musso to let the reader make his own opinions about what happened during this non-mentionned time. However I would have wanted more precise explanations.
naïke
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Despite or because of the previous harsh critics on Goodreads, i went into the book without expectations and i actually enjoyed this book. It is a good « summer read ».
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Starts slow and slowly builds up to a crescendo of action. I enjoyed the way the writer plies the language and the words simply roll off the page...the art of the vraisemblable ! The characters refer to artistic and musical references as well as diverse settings and places. He travels through his thriller and that can only be a plus for me. I shall definitely be reading more of this author! I wonder whether he was influenced at all by the recent interest in Basquiat around Europe and the rest of ...more
Uy Nguyen
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Musso is my favorite author but this one is quite disappointing. It is just, unrealistic.
The story develops in a way that is not really reasonable, the focus being shifted to something totally different from the beginning. Some may feel surprised at the end of the book, being happy with that twist of the story (which, I must say, is so Musso) but I just cannot get it, all the romance and the logics.
Mhidoz
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Genius!! Never has a Musso novel disappointed me. This particular one has a police crime feel to it. I really enjoyed it though I wouldn't rank it as Musso's best novels. Still good. Highly recommend it.
Vilija
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Musso is amazing❤❤❤ totally in love with him to the moon and back ❤😍😍🤗
Lejla
Dec 27, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Dont like it! Boring!
Akvile
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Stories with Madlina are my least favorite of all Musso pieces, however I still found this book exciting to read!
Huan Ha
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, french
Another good story by Guillaume Musso
Christelle
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shira
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
At first, like most books, it takes awhile to really get into it. When the story starts to pick up that's when I couldn't stop reading, I just needed to know what is about the happen next, what will be next reveal, what I'm about to find out. The end made me very emotional and ended up crying.. of course cause I'm a sensitive person and every little thing get to me.
Milica Minic
“An Apartment in Paris”
The story is interesting, a good thriller. I wasn’t expecting the outcome- for most of the book I couldn’t figure out where it was going-which kept it suspenseful. The original is written in French (not sure if there is an English translation). Unfortunately I don’t think the Serbian translation did the story or characters justice, which is why I gave it 3 stars.
Noémie Beauchamp
Jan 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Normaly i love Guillaume Musso book and i’ve read a few of them but this one wasn’t really nice ... I kept reading it thinking it was going to get interessting but no .. it seem like everything is just so long written. The most important and interessting pages are the 30 last ones ... im really disapointed about this one ... All the other one are way better.
Cora
Dec 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, level1
nice read, but very different from all his other books.the style of writing seems so different than his other books, but nonetheless I enjoyed it a lot.I wish all his books were translated at least in English,if not Romanian...there are a couple that our publishing house missed
Deliana Dinu
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Andrea Logiudice
Dec 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very bad. One of the most ugly books I've ever read. The writer seems more to want to appear than to draw a story. Story that is also interesting, but too pompous. Poorly written book.
André Plath
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the art references and the way events unfold in this book by Musso. It’s surprising and thrilling from the first to the last pages.
Adeline
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The story made no sense. It was messy and the characters were unlikeable..
Plus the end was a huge mess like what did I read ?????
Ella
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All of Guillaume Musso's works are amazing, and, of course, this one isn't an exception.
Orit Tylayov
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Read a few of his books, this one was the best . I was even surprised that he managed to keep me in suspense
Ivona
May 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yoo Gill you mead😱 wtf just happend
سيدة التريكي
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Musso,you made my day ! 💕
Goodreads Librari...: Could you please combine thos books? 3 12 Jun 06, 2018 10:29AM
Goodreads Librari...: Could you please combine those books? 5 20 May 01, 2018 12:27AM

• The Tenth Case (Jaywalker, #1)
  • WISHBONE...Be Careful What You Wish For
  • Poslednje proleće u Parizu
  • Murder Takes Time (Friendship & Honor #1)
  • 밀레니엄. 3: 바람치는 궁전의 여왕(상) (Millennium 3: Queen of the Wind Hitting the Palace)
  • Se eu fechar os olhos agora
  • L'Horizon à l'envers
  • Il maestro delle ombre
  • Red Wolf (Annika Bengtzon, #5)
  • La décima sinfonía
  • Pythians anvisningar (Victoria Bergmans svaghet, #3)
  • El paciente
  • The Door with Seven Locks
  • Das Haus in der Nebelgasse
  • Зоки Поки
  • A Célula Adormecida
  • La rilegatrice di storie perdute
  • Сказка о рыбаке и рыбке. Сказка о Золотом петушке
One of the most popular authors in France today. From his early childhood with reading books and plays, Guillaume Musso became convinced that one day, he too would write novels. After finishing high school in France, Guillaume Musso left for the United States at the age of 19. He spent several months in New York City, living with other young foreigners and earning his money by selling ice-cream. H ...more

Madeline (2 books)