Start by marking “How to Win Over Your Arch-Nemesis (In Three Easy Steps)” as Want to Read:
How to Win Over Your Arch-Nemesis (In Three Easy Steps)

How to Win Over Your Arch-Nemesis (In Three Easy Steps)

Meet one super-spy’s greatest weakness – a woman who thinks he’s full of it.

It should have just been a routine mission, the kind of thing spies normally take care of on their lunch break – find who turned the payment app into a terrorist funding plan, and shut them down. But the meek little programmer he’d targeted turns out to not be so meek, and none of his usual spy tr
Published March 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about How to Win Over Your Arch-Nemesis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Win Over Your Arch-Nemesis

Ariadna
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I first heard of this story via Tumblr when one of my mutuals was talking to this author. My initial thought was "well, you know, let me it a try" based on the price (which is $0.99).

Let me tell you, this story was SUCH A BLAST to read! I love the super!spy trope inversion so freaking hard that I wished there was a 20-part movie series and several seasons worth of a TV show.

Because it's a short story (less than 50 pages, IIRC), I don't want to go into details. I can deffo rec this if you like mo
Hisgirl85
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Cute beginning of what feels like a serial.
Christine
Jun 09, 2017 rated it liked it
Honestly don't know how to categorize this one. It's novella about a spy who has to investigate a computer programmer. Except she refuses to take him seriously as a spy and is suspicious of him from the get go. He tries a suave pick up line about her beauty, and she says something to the effect, "come on who talks like that."

The first bit is rather funny, but it runs out of steam in the middle. Either that or I was too tired to give it the attention it deserved on the ride home. I did finish it
Ellen (more books, please)
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was too cute (and too short!).

I read books for banter and repartee and this novella was like an amuse bouche. A perfect little nugget.

It is very short, but for 99 cents I don't feel cheated.

Synopsis: Cute guy with a hidden agenda, smart woman with self-awareness and a penchant for sizing up situations accurately. Witty repartee, humor, and sweetness ensue.
Strictlypurple
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious. Adorable. Sweet.

Phenomenal. Lovely. Can’t wait to keep reading. I need this as a comic because I don’t trust a show to do it justice. Amazing development and great characters in so few pages. Highly recommended. I WANT MORE!
Elaysee
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: elec-sub
A fun short with characters that spring to life. The author has a missing scene from this story, and a visit to the Spy Museum posted at her blog.
Ashlie Biddle
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun

This was a fun read. Light and humorous, a good piece to read over lunch. I can't wait to read more.
Emma
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast becoming my favourite author

I loved this story and hope there are many more just like it. The way Wardell writes has me chuckling from start to finish.
Caro Kinkead
May 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, amazon, contemporary
A quick read and a delight. Snappy dialogue, fun with spy-film tropes, and a light, breezy style. I definitely want to read more about Thea and Max.
Tasha
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, spy-thriller
Super fun story! Wish it’d been lengthened to a whole novel, but hopefully there are more stories with these characters
Connor
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
well that was delightful
Debrianna
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Really good

This was a sweet, short novella. I wish it were longer and I'd definitely be open to a sequel. The characters are witty and charming. I hope to see more of them.
Benicia Robrecht
Madison
Dec 10, 2018
Jade
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A short and snappy story with a delightful amount of sass, intrigue, and action. I'd happily devour another dozen (no pressure) stories about Max, Thea, and their spy adventures!
NAT
Nov 29, 2017
Joni
May 30, 2017
Celine
Apr 04, 2018
Jenniffer Wardell is a fantasy romance author and general fairy godmother-at-large. She's always on the lookout for witty dialogue and a well-earned happily-ever after. Anyone who wants to chat or trade jokes can find her at http://www.facebook.com/JennifferWardell, https://twitter.com/wardellwriter, http://jennifferwardell.blogspot.com or http://jennifferwardell.tumblr.com.