Start by marking “Her Scottish Mistake (A Perfect Escape Romantic Comedy)” as Want to Read:
Her Scottish Mistake (A Perfect Escape Romantic Comedy)

Her Scottish Mistake (Perfect Escape #1)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  73 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
Aspiring blogger Janie Milan is finally on her dream trip to Thailand. But when an unfortunate piña colada incident lands her in the path of a hot Scotsman, Janie finds herself dying to find out what's under his kilt. Only the frustratingly sexy man isn't who he's pretending to be…

After cutting a deal to keep his brother safe, Scottish heartthrob Blaine Galloway is hiding
Published April 10th 2017 by Entangled Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Her Scottish Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Scottish Mistake

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
Not finishing this book is an "it's not you, it's me" case. I've been trying to read this book for a few weeks now, but I just can't seem to go past the 15% mark. I might try picking it up again in the future, but for now, I'll have to let it go.

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review.

Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Liina
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
3,5 stars

Janie went on her dream trip after her boyfriend cheated on her with her best friend. Janie's enjoying the stay in Thailand, when she accidentally bumps into Blaine and pours a drink all over his clothes. That little accident brought together two singles in a couple's resort. To take advantage of the current situation, they decide to spend their holiday together. There wouldn't be nothing wrong in it, but Blaine is keeping a secret from Janie and when things start to come out, events ta
Bec - Book Magic: Under a spell with every page Reviews
After her boyfriend cheated on her and then became engaged to her best friend, Janie Milan needed to escape her hometown for a little while. So, she decided to travel to Thailand where she was going to have the trip of a lifetime, which she does when she meets Blaine Galloway. Except he's in Thailand hiding from the press and when she finds he's lied to her about his identity, will she continue to spend time with him or will they go their separate ways due to press harassment and lose their chan ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Janie Milian is a small town girl from Texas, who takes care of her dad, and brothers. But on the side, she loves science so she takes care of snakes part time, and an aspiring blogger. After her ex humiliates her, she finally does something for herself, and goes off to Thailand. While she's there, she spills her drink on the hottest man she's ever seen. Blaine Galloway is in Thailand to get out of the spotlight, as in order to keep his brother safe, he has to play fake finance to a women that i ...more
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
Apr 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
**My thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing LLC, for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

Janie is on holiday as her ex is getting married to her former best friend where she accidentally bumps into Blaine Galloway.

Janie gets flustered, but does not know who Blaine is which is something Blaine is not used too and finds very refreshing.

Both keep little secrets but are otherwise themselves and find themselves find the best out of their current situations.

We do of course get o
Isha Coleman
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found my pocket full of sunshine with Her Scottish Mistake. Ms. De Winton piles on the laughs with this ideal opposites attract barrel of joy. On the run from her worst mistake, Janie decides to take a little break. An exotic location, a sexy stranger and surprises are on the agenda when she meets Blaine. Blaine and Janie find adventure and romance as they work through messy lives and secrets that could spell the end for their storybook romance before it's even begun. A fantastic, fantasy.
Stephanie
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it
This was an ok ready. There was nothing particularly memorable about this story but it was fun in the moment. The plot was good and the characters were nice. I did like Janie Milan because she wasn't afraid to stand up for herself even with a lot of blows to her self esteem. She was probably the main reason I wanted to read the whole book.
I would recommend this book if you are looking for a quick read to just take your mind off what is going on around you. Or if you just want to relax after a h
Patricia
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun read for when you're in the mood for a book that you don't have to think to much while reading, just about enjoying it.

Two characters both hiding for different reasons.
Great descriptions of Thailand and a different location for a fun romantic comedy.
This is a first book for me by this author and I will be keeping an eye out to see what else she comes up with.

Suzanne
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.

Wow, that was fun! I really enjoyed this fun and sexy read.

Janie is on vacation in Thailand to get away from exes, boyfriend and best friend, and their wedding day. She's mortified when spills her Pina Colada on Blaine and just wants to help him clean up when she invites him to her room near the pool. Blaine is a Scottish TV heartthrob hiding away from from the paparazzi so he gives Janie a fake name and is hesitant to take her up
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Another miss for me on the reading front. There was too many things that I found odd to enjoy this book. Like how neither Blaine nor Janie didnt know this was a couple's resort BEFORE they got to the resort. Or how 2 people end up in Thailand for vacation. Like too many coincidences for me.

It didnt click for me. I thought it was a cute premise, but didnt work for me.
Tracey
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One part spicy, one part sweet and a whole lot of fun! "Her Scottish Mistake" takes romantic comedy up a notch by adding a distinct touch of humor and involves characters who I found myself constantly cheering on.

This is the story of Blaine and Janie, from opposite sides of the world, and who ended up in the same singles resort in Thailand. As you can predict, this is where the fun ensues. In the beginning, Janie does not know that Blaine is a well-known personality in his home country, but onc
Kate
May 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This review was copied from my romance novel review blog: romanticallyinclinedreviews.blogspot.com

Are you heading on a vacation soon and need a funny novel to keep you entertained while you’re doing all your relaxing? Then look no further. Her Scottish Mistake by Michele de Winton is a delightful romantic comedy that will having you chuckling and wondering if maybe your life wouldn’t be better if you had a hot Scot in your life, too.

Romantic comedies aren’t really my go-to sub-genre of romance n
Betsy Newmark
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you can buy the premise of a sexy Scottish TV star and girl from a small Texas rural community meeting up at a couples resort in Thailand and falling for each other over a few days, then this is a fun and light book.

Hunky Blaine Galloway is hiding from the paparazzi in Thailand where he meets Janie Milan from Texas. She’s fled her small town for 10 days for the trip of a lifetime while her ex-boyfriend marries her best friend. Blaine and Janie meet cute, he gives her a false name because he’s
Crystal Yawn
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it
First the good: the story line is awesome 5+ stars., it's very witty with some sexy added in. The characters are well developed and you really get a good feel for them. Blain is a great hero with a good sense of family and doing what's right. He's also all about making the day special for his girl and it comes across very well.
When Janie is not talking about her home town, I'll get to that in a minute, she comes across very intelligent, somewhat ditsy, a strong sense of family and home and rese
Samantha Bilodeau
*3.5 Stars Rounded Up

This is a fantastic read for reading while on a flight or lounging by the pool. It's got a lot of fun scenes and lots of adventure (that oftentimes doesn't go as Blaine or Janie expect).

Blaine is a Scottish soap opera star trying to take a break from everything, who finds himself bumping into Janie, a small-town USA, wannabe-travel blogger looking for adventure and to shake things up after a horrible breakup.

The exotic locale of Thailand was really a treat and I absolutely l
Viper Spaulding
May 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Janie’s vacation turns into the romance of a lifetime with a wild Scotsman harboring secrets and hiding from the world. When Janie’s ovaries melted, so did mine. I love the inner monologues of these characters – the writing is beyond witty and keeps the story moving along. Blaine, the “hottest hottentotty” is all that and lots more as he tries to maintain his privacy while invading Janie’s inner thoughts and private spaces. This author does a wonderful job of mixing sexual tension and emotional ...more
Danielle (Danniegurl)
What to say about this book? Well, it had some good things going for it. Famous Scottish H, Tropical location, Resort, Vacation. Those are the selling points, but some things I didn't like? Naming your vagina Miss Muffin lol. It's funny but in some of the context was down right silly, and during sex scenes or build up to sex scenes was distracting.

It's supposed to be a comedy, and some things I did find chuckle inducing but I wasn't a barrel of laughs either. This book took entirely too long fo
Katrina Berry
Mar 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Hounded by the press, Blaine secrets away to a beautiful resort in Thailand waiting for matters to blow over. Pool-side, Janie crashes into him, dousing him with her Pina Colada, as she also runs from some real-life unpleasantness. Realizing Janie is unaware of his true identity, Blaine becomes “Bevan” and finds how wonderful it really is to just relax, be yourself, liked for who you truly are and not just the celebrity persona one has. The truth though always finds its way to the surface though ...more
Teresa
May 05, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is exactly what it advertises: a perfect escape (something I really needed after reading some heartbreaking works of non-fiction (cough *Sherman Alexie & Roxane Gay* cough).
When Janie, a small town food blogger, takes a trip of lifetime to Thailand, she is running away from her trash of an ex. Upon arrival, she is surprised to be thrown into activities with a Scottish hunk. Sparks fly and fun ensues!
Thanks to NetGalley for the ARC!
RaeLatte
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A gambling debt, an engagement and two people looking to find a little peace on an island away from prying eyes.

A holiday adventure with monkeys, a sexy Scotsman and the deep blue sea! A menu of fruity drinks, grilled fish and a sweet coconut dessert would compliment this holiday excursion.

Don't miss this must read story. I can't wait to read the next release from this fabulous author!
SassypantsReading
Mar 18, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the fluff with added hotness of this book. There were just a few things that made it hard for me to connect and really get into it. I loved Janie and Blaine together, but not so much separately. I thought Blaine's character was really under-developed. We know he had a crappy childhood, but it seems irrelevant to who he is today. There didn't seem to be any direct correlation, other than the fact that he made a pact with his brother. Even when he has his lightbulb moment about his caree ...more
Maria Christine
Aug 02, 2017 rated it liked it
unfortunately,

i lost interest halfway through the book. It started promising & then along the way I started to not-really-like Janie and then the story fell flat.
April
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Thanks to netgalley.com for the ARC of this book.
Really enjoyed certain aspects of this book. The beginning really brought the reader into the story and then once you were hooked you were just waiting for the bomb to drop about who he really is. The trip in Thailand was so well written I just want to hop on a plane and go on vacation there. Now we get to the end or final 3 chapters and it just felt disjointed from the rest of the book.
Linda Quick
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun romance that I thoroughly enjoyed. In it, Janie is on the vacation of a lifetime in Thailand where she meets an attractive man who quickly rushes to her rescue. But while she is honest about herself, Blaine isn't even honest about his name.

I loved the way their romance developed and loved even more the majesty of Thailand that the author brought to life. She painted a picture with her words that felt so real that it was as though I was seeing it through her eyes.

Reading about Bla
Bernie
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Her Scottish Mistake is A Perfect Escape romantic comedy written by author Michele de Winton. Very funny. This would be a great audible book. Thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing/ Lovestruck for the advance copy.
Heather andrews
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Blaine sometimes needs to clear up what he means, “I didn’t mean your *** stuck out. I meant your skirt makes me want to look at it, to run my hands over it.” As he spoke he put his words into action as he stayed seated on the couch..." I really liked this book, Janie didn't play games, the girl gave it to Blaine straight.
Lilly Gilbert
May 15, 2017
Lyn
I don't quite have the words to describe what made this a story I really liked. While it was an enjoyable read, it was difficult to connect with and to get into the book. Part of this is due to Janie referring to her feminine parts as Miss Muffin - every time I read this phrase it pulled me out of the book. As the phrase was used more in the earlier chapters, I think this is part of why I had difficulty getting into the book.
Review may be updated if I can find the words.
Kathleen Kearney Brady
Apr 12, 2017
Lori
3.5****

Talk about an adventure. Blaine and Janie had an exciting adventure throughout Thailand. They were fun and flirty. The things that would come out of her mouth were hilarious. Blaine was sweet and sexy. They brought out normalcy in each other and made each other think of what they really wanted in life. The big to do in this book was eye opening for both of them. I loved the way Janie handled herself. And when the light bulb went off for Blaine, it was very sweet and his apology was just r
« previous 1 3 next »
I've been known to be an all round arty type so it's no wonder my first romance has a little sparkle of the stage tucked into its pages. Being a writer was not was I was supposed to be when I ‘grew up' but then neither was being a dancer. Sometimes my performing past jumps into of the dress up box and requires attention. But most of the time I'm content to stay in my PJs. All day. And I also think ...more
More about Michele de Winton...