Start by marking “Broken (Beautiful Monsters, #3)” as Want to Read:
Broken (Beautiful Monsters, #3)

Broken

(Beautiful Monsters #3)

Vampire. Incubus. Demigod. Weapon.

Matthew has many names, but none as distressing as pet. A slave to incubus High King Malarath, Matthew is tired. Tired of fighting. Tired of losing those he loves. Tired of the torture. And, in his despair, his body begins to decay around him.

The High King, angered that his pet is dying, brings in the one person who might be able to fix Ma
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 493 pages
Published March 1st 2017 by Jex Lane

To ask other readers questions about Broken, please sign up.
Jex Lane BeMo 4 will be out in 2018. I won't know the month until I finish writing the first draft.

Before that, I do have a UF/PNR spin-off series coming out.…more

Before that, I do have a UF/PNR spin-off series coming out. It's six books following the six cadets of the vampire hunting team, Ashwood Red. The series' timeline runs concurrent to Captive and Sire, and will have plenty of cameos of characters you already know (including seeing Matthew from a hunter's pov).

Matthew's books will run between 6 and 9 total. I have an ending I'm working towards...but I don't know how long it'll take Matthew to get there quite yet. He likes to do things the hard way. ;) (less)

Start your review of Broken (Beautiful Monsters, #3)
Claudia Ramírez
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-ship-them, 2017
!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL 2018! I read these first three books back to back and it wasn't enough, I need more. I just finished it and I already miss Matthew. And Tarrick.

Nazanin
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, m-m, favorites
5 Broken Stars

When I was reading this book, I was as broken as Matthew! I’m not a crier but I cried! This story pushed me so hard and took me out of my comfort zone. And you should take the author’s note seriously (in the blurb). I still hate the incubi king and Tarrick, even Liliy for not supporting his father. But I loved Samantha (she is funny) and Jet and Thank you, Jex Lane, for fulfilling my wish! Now I have another one! Could you please give me a reason to love Tarrick (or hate him le
Shin Mon Thway
WARNING: SPOILER ahead!!!

So …… I’m currently having a love/hate relationship with Jex Lane. 😂 As of the end of book 3, I can happily announce that we are very much in love. 😂 Lol 😁👏 Seriously, although I did really love book 2 and it was an epic read, the ending literally killed me. 😭 My besties Lorraine and Lyn know how much of a temper tantrum I threw after that book. 😭 I mean she killed off my favorite MC. 😒 But we are now on good terms again. 😉

Let me tell you, the angst .. the fu*king/>Let
Lucía
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
SO. GOOD.
Deborah
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Broken is right, that’s exactly how I felt while reading this (particularly the first half). In fact I was up reading until way past my bedtime because there was just no way I could even try to sleep while Matthew was suffering so much.
I hated parts of this book and the author at times as well.
Despite this book being addictive reading I just can’t bring myself to give it more than 4*. I read for pleasure and while I do dip my feet in darker reads this torture was brutal and like I sa
Dia
All the stars for this one!

I loved it SO much even if it brought me SO much pain. But it was worth it. The ending was much better than I expected. I have some mixed feelings about Tarrick and I am dying to read the next book!!!!!!

I hate it when I write "Full review soon" and then life gets in the way and I completely forget to write my review. I was checking if there are any "review soon" and I was actually shocked I haven't written my full review for this one. It's been a couple of
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Disappointed*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

We're back with the Demigod Matthew Callahan (42?, though changed at 32), who is back in Incubi prison. Though this time around it's not the High Lord incubus General Tarrick (thousand-years-old) who is his 'master', that is the High King, who wants nothing more than to break Matthew. Months of torture isn't enough he suddenly face something he might not defeat: he is decomposing, and the only one who might save his is the one who broke his heart, Tarrick. Overall, I was immensely disappointed in this one. There
Christine
HOLY SHIT ON A STICK!!!!!! 😱💯🎉💃🏽🕺🏽🙌🏾🥳🤩
This series is beyond words but I will try my best to give a decent review.

Amazing word building ✔
Epic plot ✔
Multidimensional characters ✔
Hot sex on a platter ✔
Edge of your seat suspense ✔

This was my favorite of all three books so far.
It was so painful at times but Jex did an amazing job at making it all worth it.
Where have I been all these years? How did I never come across this series?
Hands down best paranormal series I have ever read.

Tarri
Kristen Burns
4 Stars

Full Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book from the author. This has not influenced my review.*

*This review may contain mild spoilers for the previous books in the series, however it doesn’t reveal any more info than the blurb does.*

Wow. Ok. So, the beginning of this book actually pushed my limits, not because it was particularly gruesome or graphic but because I was putting myself in Matthew’s shoes, and what he was going through was so terrible. Disturbingly terrible. I mean, i/>Full
Donna
My favorite book of this series so far! This one has hope for Matthew, for eventually having his love story with Tarrick. Both grew closer in this story. I was happy to see someone else that Matthew loves coming back into his life. Most of this book was extremely depressing for Matthew, but the ending made up for it. I'm very excited that there will be another book, but having to wait for a year will be sad.

This book did go back to mostly having m/f sex scenes in it. I skimmed through most of i
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
I don't even understand my emotions and this series anymore. This was an absolutely terrific book but damn...I can't even.

After seeing what happened to Devark in book 2 and being devastated by what happened I thought that was all the pain and suffering I would have to go through, now I'm not so sure.

This book reminds me of my first season of GOT, my bright eyed naivete , I was bonding with everyone, I remember the last episode of season 1, I was sure it was not going to g
Monique
ALL THE STARS

description

I'm so happy and excited and mushy and I want to hug everybody and OMG I want the next book so much and I love this series so very much and I don't know what's going on with me, I'm just so in love with these characters.

RTC when I will manage to come up with something slightly more coherent
I'm not sure if my review will make any sense since I'm still very much in a fangirling mode but never mind, lecharacters.
RTC
Kistal Gordon
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just reread This book for the third time and omg I can't wait until Blood Prince!!!

This was the best yet! It was lighter and darker all at once. I ship Tarrick and Matthew so hard! I don't know how they are going to workout in the next book.

It's civil war amongst the incubi and Tarrick started it! Omg, that's amazing!

I can't really give a coherent review. This was great!

5 stars!
Eugenia
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Damn!

Now I have to wait until 2018 for the next book in the series?! This is simply not fair!

This is by far one of my favorite fantasy/paranormal series ever. The world building Jex Lane has created is amazing and just keeps getting better and better.

I absolutely adore the MC, Matthew, who in this third installment goes through hellacious torture and deprivation at the hands of the High King and Prescott. I don't want to give any spoilers, but for those who just screa
Diverse
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-2017-dr
I will start off by saying this book is the darkest of the three to date. Where it goes from here I do not know. If you read both Captive and Sire you are well aware of the affect Matthew has on your heart. It's so hard to review this book and not give spoilers. I know so many want to know what happened after book two ended. The cliffhanger was UNREAL! Well, I won't give spoilers but I will say more answers, more discoveries, and amazing surprises await you in Broken.

Jex Lane has an
Alhena Rouge
Oh my God ! He's out ! I will bury myself in it right now. Eat it like there's no tomorrow !

After reading :

gif

Oh my God, I don't even know what to say. I cried and smiled and laughed and cried some more. Everything was awesome. The characters, the world, the story.

gif

I'm in love.

Matthew is such an intense character, he goes through shit in his life but he's so alive and awesome. This book is all about him and his decision to live and fight.

I'm in awe. I'm happy. And a little scared too. I really don't know what w
Sakina Carter
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I can't even describe the emotional roller coaster I just went through reading this book..

I freaking love Matthew so much!! I ached and hurt with him all through this book. I wanted to rip everyone's head off for him, I mean he went through so much, and just when I couldn't take another thing, oh Devak!!

I feel conflicted about Tarrick. I don't really know what to do with him.

I need the next book right now!
Tarina Brown
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I need this to be a tv series, like yesterday...

I read tons of books. At least one a day. (No, I am not exaggerating!) I suffer from anxiety and depression and find relief in books. Focusing on other worlds, romances and intricate plots help reduce those overwhelming feelings in my own life. With that being said, I NEVER leave reviews. (Re: anxiety and judgement). Okay, with all that out of the way I just want to say WOW.

I love this series. The word building, plot, characters, intrigue
Kris
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
F F F F F FFFFFFFAADAEWFFSDGSDG. I NEED THE FOURTH BOOK LIKE, YESTERDAY. HOLYSHIZBBASNLAJKJKJSAJDKAJDKJDKI.

Omg. THE BOOK GODDESSES ANSWERED MY PRAYERS AND BROUGHT (view spoiler) BACK LIKE OH MY G--- If (view spoiler) I am going to cut a bish. I swear. I swear I will cut. a. BISH.

Also. There have only been like, 8 or so books that have made me cry (not tear up, CRY) and t
Pippa DaCosta
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh.
My.
God.
Steph ☀️
Be ready to wait for the next installment!

***4.5 stars rounded-up***

Possible triggers: Besides the usual abuse there is a Noncon scene.

Please Note: Even though this story has multiple sexual scenarios: MMM, MMF, FFM, MF, and MM; I feel it was a bit more on the MF side this time.

If I could sum this book up in one to two words I would choose: dark and depressing. In previous books, we are use to Matthews captors not being total dic*s. King Malarath is not kind, nor
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.0 Stars

Uhn.

After that last installment I expected this one to blow me away...and yeah, that didn't happen. Don't get me wrong: That first half started off good & I liked the ending (YAY!!!!) - plus I'm excited to see how the whole ordeal plays out now that we have more of the truth about what started and continues to fuel this Incubi/Vampire War...but.

But, the first half was exhausting and went on entirely too long; it took Matthew an eternity to shake o
Katerina
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With absolute certainty one of my reading highlights in 2017. This book was indescribable. Exciting to the last page. Full of surprises. And it was so good to meet old friends again.

It must have cost incredibly much strenght to pack so much power in these pages.
But it was worth it. The book is so great. And I love all the characters in it. The good and the bad.
These are extremely sharp drawn. And all these provoke so much conflicting feelings.

The last few days were extremely entertaining and I can hardly wait for a sequel. Hope ther
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
So I feel like I have to explain this rating. Because it is really a 3.5 but I rounded up on account of how awesome the last two were. First know I love the core of the story - and I was just as lost in this world as I was in the first two. So no shade on any of that - creative, with rich description and easy to imagine it really did enthrall me. So for the main story it was a 5 star read. All the way.

Also know I like dark. I mean real dark - the type that can give you nightmares. There is pret
Laurel
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
~4.5~

What an ending. Utter chaos ensued and though I knew about the surprise at the very end when starting this book, I still wasn’t prepared. I’m so happy and full of tears.

I rounded down because it was hard for me to read Matthew being tortured, broken down, in despair to the point of ghouling (decaying), and (view spoiler).

The best parts of this books are the kindness from Rosaline (there is sex between them for Matthew
Fani *loves angst*
Ivy
Jex Lane you are a genius, really, this book was WAOW.
"Broken" start at the end of "Sire". Matthew is captured by Malarath the High King of the Incubi. He is cruel, cold, emotionless and sadistic. He has one purpose, break Matthew in all the possible ways.
For a year, Matthew will be tortured physically, but emotionnaly too. He will be alone, as incubi it's worst than any physical pain. He also will be treat like an animal, a pet for the king.
When Matthew give up any hope to be accepted f
Sanaa
5 stars

Ugh my mind was still not over that ending in book 2. But I was so anxious to get into this one and boy oh boy was it good.

In this third book of the series, there is more of romance side to it than it did in the previous books. You see Matthew and Tarrick get closer and *sigh* + *swoon*. I can actually picture what an awesome couple they would make despite everything that Tarrick has done to Matthew.

“Wait, have you fucked a mermaid before?” Matthew asked, keeping himself at/>
Santy
You know what, I’ve decided not to finish this book quite yet...Knowing Jex Lane this would probably leave me wanting more at the end and with no release date for book 4 in sight,I just can not do this to myself ... for now(@71%) it’s a solid 5 star book!

Edit: 24-Feb-2019

Couldn’t resist and finished!!! Prescott and The Incubi King need to die painful excruciating deaths.

Also, I still cannot forgive Tarrick for his actions. I know he’s on a new path but nope. Just can’t.
Bookreader87(Amanda)
So...

That was nearly 500 pages of rinse and repeat.
This book was not as entertaining as the previous
Matthew gets caught again
Matthew is tortured over and over
Matthew is a slave
Matthew is used as a fighter in the war
Matthew is still stuck on Tarrick's d**k for reasons unknown to me
The war with vampires is still raging on
Same o Same
The ending was the only bright light in this one
(Bringing back my favorite ;))
So please don't scre
Tarrick or Devak? Which is Endgame? 3 39 Apr 14, 2018 09:20PM
!!!!!!!SPOILERS!!!!!! 10 63 Jan 15, 2018 05:05PM

• Iron & Fire (Silk and Steel, #2)
  • Silk & Steel (Silk and Steel #1)
  • Blood & Ice (Silk and Steel #3)
  • The Chimera (Bound Gods, #1)
  • Exhale (Flesh and Bone, #1)
  • Wolfsong (Green Creek, #1)
  • Chained (Bound Gods, #2)
  • A Ferry of Bones & Gold (Soulbound, #1)
  • Dominion (Gods and Slaves, #1)
  • Pendulum (Kingdom of Night, #1)
  • Puppet/Master (The Vale Chronicles, #1)
  • Sinister Hunger (Bloodstream #1)
  • Chosen: Episode One (The Demon Gate, #1)
  • Ravensong (Green Creek, #2)
  • Bleed (Flesh and Bone, #2)
  • NoX
  • The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #1)
  • Liminality (Kingdom of Night, #2)
Quick update: I don't buzz around Goodreads anymore, but I am really active on Facebook. So if you want to connect with me, you can find me there. Thanks, BeMos!

~~~

I enjoy writing about hidden worlds full of vampire hunters, epic battles, steamy sex, and, of course, beautiful monsters. Join me on Facebook and say hi! I don't bite…I let my vampires do that for me.

Get Pearl and the Dr

Beautiful Monsters (4 books)
  • Captive (Beautiful Monsters, #1)
  • Sire (Beautiful Monsters, #2)
  • Blood Prince (Beautiful Monsters, #4)
“Matthew fought off the urge to take a seat in his lap. He closed one of his eyes and cocked his head to the side. “You’re really cute.” Tarrick chuckled. “Am I?” “Not like Hiroto cute, he’s adorable—” “I really am,” Hiroto said, his ears flicking about. “—or like Lady Rosaline cute, she’s beautiful—” “Why thank you, Matthew,” she said. “—but like…hot. Masculine.” Prescott groaned and stood. “I think it’s time we put the big vampire to bed before he makes too much of a fool of himself.” “No, no, let him talk, boss. This is gold,” Nellis said,” 22 likes
“Wait, have you fucked a mermaid before?” Matthew asked, keeping himself at Tarrick’s side. “I’m old, Matthew.” “But…what about trolls? You haven’t fucked a troll before have you?” “I’m old, Matthew.” “Ew. Really? What about a centaur?” Tarrick glanced at Matthew. “God damn. Is there anything you haven’t fucked? You know what, never mind, I don’t want to know.” 19 likes