Start by marking “100 Proof” as Want to Read:
100 Proof

100 Proof

I was the low life.
The screw up.
The hopeless one with no future.

He was the rich guy. The smart one. The one who had it all.
My parents admired everything he did, while I was known for being their greatest disappointment. I didn't follow the path they paved for me.

Kindle Edition
Published May 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about 100 Proof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Proof

Lina's Reviews  ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥ღೋBook Blogღೋ ❥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❥
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Title: 100 Proof
Plot: 3.75
Characters: 3.75
Scorching Level:4
HEA: Not telling

I love, love Shanora Williams. Tainted Black has to be one of my favorite reads ever. This book is also a forbidden romance but didn't move me as strongly.
I loved the premise. Marley and Vinny were together but they were torn apart. The reason? Vin's addiction.
They loved each other deeply but they made mistakes. When they bre
Laura- BookBistroBlog
May 07, 2017 Laura- BookBistroBlog rated it it was amazing
100 PROOF
By Shanora Williams
5 Stars

Well my goodness!!!! I never thought Daddy Black would be replaced… But low and behold comes along Vinny. WOW What an emotional rollercoaster ride this one was. From the very first page to the last words on the last page I was engulfed in this story.

Vincent has had a crap of all life until that one party. The one where she was at. The way she danced, the way she was free, the way she talked to him. It’s a night that will never leave Vincent (Vinny). Three years
Shanora Williams
May 04, 2017 Shanora Williams added it  ·  (Review from the author)
An all-new standalone forbidden romance coming May 18th, 2017!

I was the low life.
The screw up.
The hopeless one with no future.

He was the rich guy. The smart one. The one who had it all.

I drank, partied, and did whatever the hell I wanted. The buzz was something I couldn't live without - the fire that filled my veins after each sip always kept me running b
Ann
May 02, 2017 Ann rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta
Review to come!
Shabby- BookBistroBlog
May 15, 2017 Shabby- BookBistroBlog rated it it was amazing
“What the hell are you doing to me Vinny?”
And, to this day, I still couldn’t find the answer to that complicated question.

Sweet. Intoxicating. Addictive.
Like 100 Proof Jack Whiskey.
I'm so drunk on the breathless love, the mounting passion, the painful angst that's seeping into my very pores. It's a phenomenal story about some very real, very flawed characters that are stuck in a maelstrom of life and cruel fate.
Vincent Chambers is besotted with Marlena Winters. One whiff of her sweet smell and h
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
100 Proof by Shanora Williams
4 stars!!!

“He could have everything else, but he wasn’t keeping her.”

Shanora Williams delivers a heart-breaking yet heart-warming second chance, forbidden romance with 100 Proof. Two people that loved hard but broke apart even harder. My heart shattered multiple times for the hero in this book and my character connection to him was 100 Proof. Our heroine delivers a case of tough love when these two split after a three-year relationship, yes, it was needed and yes
Vanessa (nessreads)
May 12, 2017 Vanessa (nessreads) rated it it was amazing
*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "Bob Marley" Stars!!!

I'm on such a high right now after finishing '100 Proof.' Oh goodness gracious I devoured this book. This book had my heart beating faster than usual. It had me on the edge of my seat. The emotions it brought out in me were so carnal and real. Whoa, just whoa, I mean so freakin' GOOD!!! 😩

"He was stunning—dark, beautiful, and mysterious. I was drawn to him from the very first moment I laid eyes on him. I was like a moth and he
Alex
Cocktails and Books
This review was originally posted on Cocktails and Books

Enter review text here...

100 Proof, an all-new taboo STANDALONE romance from Shanora Williams is available now!

Excerpt:
Breakfast was supposed to be happening in less than thirty minutes. I couldn’t bail on Vin. He would have taken it personally. I figured filling him in in person would be okay.

I wouldn’t even eat with him. I’d let him know what was going on and tell him he should schedule a flight back home as soon as he wanted to.

I co
Nora Fresse
May 11, 2017 Nora Fresse rated it it was amazing
I am SO in love with this story.

Vin and Marley have been each other’s addiction since they met at a party. In the beginning, it was all about having fun, getting high and hooking up. They would find solace in each other and escape from their crappy lives for a minute. It was working for a while until that addiction became the thing that tears them apart.

Vinny comes from a rich family but he’s considered the black sheep. He was doing very well playing football, on his way to college until the c
April Symes
Shanora Williams is my go to author for angst ridden, emotional , passionate romance reads and she delivers yet again. What an emotional rollercoaster ride this one was. Marley and Vinny were together but they were torn apart all due to his addiction and that addiction cost him Marley. When they break up, it will be years before they end up seeing each other again.
Vincent has had a pretty bad life, always made to feel like he was unwanted, the bad seed in his mother’s marriage and her 2nd son i
May 25, 2017 Laura rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Social Butterfly PR***

This is my first title by this author, and I was drawn to it as another author I love was reading and talking about it. I love when this works out and I find a new author. I will definitely be reading future works by this author, as I was drawn in by the writing style and the story she told about Vin and Marley.

There were parts that seemed a little coincidental or farfetched, but life is like this sometimes, so it wasn't anything I couldn't
Wendy ⏃: ✦●•CCBH Blogger•●✦
3.5 BOB MARLEY STARS!

100 Proof has the perfect dose of heartache, right from the beginning Shanora Williams will have your heart racing, luring you with just the blurb alone with this one!

This story had the perfect momentum going but my main issue was the utter dislike I felt for some of the characters and the lack of connection to the heroine. I really tried to like her, but her thoughts and actions gave me whiplash.

The only saving grace was Vincent. He's just a gorgeous and sexy man who grew f
Flo Grugel
May 21, 2017 Flo Grugel rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read by this author and I really enjoyed it.
I was team Vin from the first few chapters. the characters were enjoyable especially in the 2nd half of the story which, for me, is where the book really came into its own.
Natalie M
First time reading this author, but now that I know, it won't be the last. Easy read, emotional but griping plot with all the feels!! I really enjoyed this book!!

eta- I LOVE the author's playlist for this book!!
ImJaclyn
May 17, 2017 ImJaclyn rated it really liked it
*ARC generously provided in exchange for an honest review

*** 4 Stars!!! ***

OMG!!! I loved this book SO much!!!
This was a sexy, exciting, forbidden love story that I could not put down!

It tells the story of Marley and Vin, two ex lovers who had a wild and dangerous relationship.
Vin was an alcoholic, and after he winds up in rehab, Marley decides it's best she ends things with him. Fast forward two years later and she's engaged to his brother!

After Vin is asked to be apart of the wedding, he real
Isa Jones (Jo&Isalovebooks Blog)
WOW.

One word that summarises how I am feeling after reading this book. The topic of drugs and alcohol abuse is always a delicate one and is specially difficult when putting it in a book as a backdrop of a story. I don't think there is anyone out there that hasn't been affected or been involved in the use into of these substances or addictions. In my case this book came at a time when I am sadly witnessing someone very close to me going through the difficult experience of going into rehab. So say
Ayennix
May 17, 2017 Ayennix rated it it was amazing
100 Proof is heart wrenching.
It's painful.

It's hot.

It makes you feel hopeful and it'll tear that hope right off.

It will make you feel EVERYTHING.

It's angst-ridden. #angstyAF

It is also absolutely amazing.

It includes topics of taboo.
Abuse.
Family.
Dark Secrets.

Vin Chambers, though having a pretty well off mother, grew up with painful secrets; the likes of which you can't ever imagine.

Marley isn't as well off. She's from an even more unstable family that also contains their own ugly, dirty secret
Callixta
May 21, 2017 Callixta rated it really liked it
Shanora Williams poursuit son petit bonhomme de chemin et publie des romances souvent passionnées ou avec des sujets tabous. Celui-ci ne fait pas exception à la règle et nous raconte la relation tourmentée et plutôt interdite entre Vincent et Marley. Ils ont partagé une relation passionnée qui s’est terminée à cause de la descente dans l’enfer de la drogue et de l’alcool de Vincent. Plusieurs années plus tard, il s’est sorti de cette spirale infernale après un long séjour en détoxication. Sa vie ...more
Vicky Salgado Esquivel
Jamie
May 18, 2017 Jamie rated it it was amazing
Oh, man! Make sure you have whiskey and cupcakes when you read this story! Shanora blew it out of the water!

"I was his whiskey and he was the glass. He needed me to fill his cup and to make him whole. He needed me just as much as I needed him, despite our differences and despite the downfalls."

The odds were stacked against them from the beginning but Marley and Vinny are the definition of true love.

I was given a direct to kindle copy of this book and I loved every minute of it
Tongan Book Lover (Ofa Tafa)
REVIEW TO COME
Julie Gustafson-Monk
May 08, 2017 Julie Gustafson-Monk rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
There hasn't been a book of Shanora's that I havent loved. Her writing will suck you from the very first page. This is definitely one of the best books I have read by her. I related to both characters in some form or fashion. I was very close to someone who had an addiction. So 100 Proof hit home with me..

Marley and Vinny have met before at a party. Years pass and they come face to face again during a very awkward situation. Vinny will do everything he can to save her from one of the biggest mis
Book's Angels
May 18, 2017 Book's Angels rated it really liked it
4,5 stars

RECENSIONE DI SAMUELA

Oggi ho il piacere di parlarvi del nuovo romanzo di Shanora Williams, una delle autrici indie più in voga del panorama romance d’oltre oceano. Ho conosciuto Shanora qualche anno fa quando per caso venni attratta dalla sinossi di un suo romanzo; il romanzo in questione era Beware, primo di una bellissima duologia con un protagonista maschile bellissimo e c….tissimo, proprio come quelli che piacciono a me, e da quel primo romanz
Leiera Monae
May 24, 2017 Leiera Monae rated it it was ok
100 Proof by Shanora Williams

This was my first read by this author. I was super excited to get my hands on this book, as it has been hyped up among my FB friends. Unfortunately, during my reading and upon completion, I was unable to share in their enthusiasm for this particular reading experience.

SPOILERY RANT TO FOLLOW! PROCEED WITH CAUTION IF YOU HAVE NOT YET READ THIS BOOK!

This is the love story of Vincent and Marlena, affectionately known to each other as Vin and Marley. They initially com
Terri Turner
May 24, 2017 Terri Turner rated it really liked it
I really really enjoyed this book. The writing I thought was impeccable and exceptionally good, but I did find the story a little slow at times when I thought it could of been revved up to the max especially considering the fantastic characters in this story and the connection and chemistry they shared.

Marley goes out with Vin - they connected immediately when they met, they took chances and loved to party hard with drink and drugs and for Vin who drank to the excess a little too much it starts
Nina
May 15, 2017 Nina rated it really liked it
Shanora Williams ruined me with BEWARE. Seriously, when I read the book there was no sequel, and that ending almost destroyed me. Ever since that book I have been following her – and with 100 PROOF she proved once again why I do.

This book surely comes with a warning, it is forbidden and borders on dark. Neither Vin nor Marley have an easy past, which is shown also in flashbacks in great details. Especially those glimpses into the past often were not that easy to digest. From earlier childhood t
MJ
May 14, 2017 MJ rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2017-books
Shanora Williams definitely knows how to write sexy beasts. I'm not sure anyone will ever truly top my lust for Theo Black but omgoodness, Vin Chambers certainly comes close. This roguish, in your face man, makes no apologies for who he is. Who he had to become because of a less than stellar youth. A man who won't let anyone or anything get in the way of finding his way back to the love of his life, his Marley, even when he comes face to face with the fact that she is promised to another.

Oh wow,
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Shanora Williams is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who loves writing about flawed heroes and resilient heroines. She is a believer that love outweighs all, but doesn’t have a problem making her characters fight for their happily ever after.
She currently lives in Charlotte, North Carolina and is the mother of two amazing boys, has a fiercely devoted and supportive man, and is a s
More about Shanora Williams...