Start by marking “Chasing Serendipity” as Want to Read:
Chasing Serendipity

Chasing Serendipity

In Tala’s hometown, you did not exist unless you had a boyfriend. You could never be a successful entity by yourself. The best of friends would laugh together only to turn their backs and gossip about each other. That was not how she wanted to live anymore. She needed to find herself away from all of this.

After experiencing teenage breakups and friendship falling-outs, Ta
Paperback
Published December 2016

To ask other readers questions about Chasing Serendipity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chasing Serendipity

Start your review of Chasing Serendipity
An-Sofie Cartenian
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this book! I read it in one day and I couldn't put it back because I was so curious about the ending. I could really relate to the struggles of finding love and the many breakups. She has an amazing way of describing the emotions in her book. I can't wait to read her second one! ...more
Reine
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Must read!! This book is truly amazing!! Its realistic not just like the usual love stories that we read!! it shows the true aspects of life that most teenagers go through ..
I'm definitely looking forward to read more books by Tamara Abi Khalil
Marc De ruyter
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well written, entertaining story about young people finding there way in the world. Although not entirely focused on my age group, i have read Chasing Serendipity with pleasure.
Marianne Hayek
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Such a smooth and enjoyable read! Chasing serendipity successfully relays a much needed message in today's world dominated by virtual realities, that are not so real after all. As the story unfolds, what you would expect to be a romantic novel turns out to be a life lesson for all young adults who are unfortunately, wickedly shaped by social media. ...more
Christina
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chasing serendipity is one of the rare books that actually surprise you with its turn of events from the very beginning till the end.. When i started reading it i thought it was going towards a certain direction but i was happy to find out that it has nothing to do with all the "Clichés" we are reading, seeing, listening to or even living nowadays..
It's one of these books u don't wanna stop reading once u start with it! u want to keep reading till the end and u can easily find urself finishing i
Jihane Abou khater
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Serendipity is one of the books where you just can't stop reading. At each chapter's end you say "one more chapter" and here comes the end of the book and you're like: " I want more".
It's a great book where you can relate too in so many ways. It could be life changing. For all the girls who are struggling with bullying or even with choosing their path READ THIS BOOK! it won't tell you what to do but it will make you see stuff in a different way!
Giovanni Bassil
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nothing sweeter and more well-written than Tamara Abi Khalil's Chasing Serendipity! A story that is as emerging as it is realistic! you will definitely fell in love with the characters as well as the story developments, twists and turns. I read it in less than 5 days which is a record breaker for me, and it will leave you wanting more when it ends. If you're looking for a sweet tale of a character's journey through self discovery, this is what you're looking for! ...more
Orélie Khalil
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What I liked most about this book is how atypical it is; it's not the usual cheesy love stories that you read every time in different ways with different names, Chasing Serendipity is another way to expose love : it shows exactly what can happen in real life; the beautiful and horrible sides of a relationship.

What I find intresting in this book is it's message ; love isn't what completes us. What completes us and makes us unconditionally happy is achieving our dreams and reaching our targets and
Jessica Aghazarian
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is truly amazing
I was so into it that i read it all in one day
Its very relatable in so many ways
the way Tala took me through her teenage years step by step, i found myself in every phase of her life.
She also taught me not to depend on anyone and that my happiness isnt related to anyone but me, to believe in myself and have confidence in myself cause in the end of the day im all i have.
I advise everyone to read this book no matter how old you are! And hope you enjoy it as much as i did
Melissa Said
NO SPOILERS.
Tamara Abi Khalil's easy-to-read and gripping style will not let you put down the book until you finish it. I was personally addicted to the novel that it only took me one day to read it.
What I loved the most about Chasing Serendipity is its unconventionality. For a moment it makes you expect a certain unfolding but then the novel surprises you by excluding itself from the stereotype young adults novels category.
Chasing Serendipity may not be a romantic story but I wouldn't deny tha
Tony
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Chasing Serendipity is a sweet journey rooted in instincts and following our guts and dreams. I have rarely read a coming-of-age novel that doesn't fall in the cliches of romanticized fairy-tales and cheesy happy endings. Tamara Abi Khalil actually does the opposite. She takes the princess concept and breaks it with a bigger statement: THE TRUE SELF. It's an ode to being transparent with ourselves and embracing the unplanned happiness that comes with it. Written in a unique yet raw style, Chasin ...more
DrS
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can honestly say that " Chasing serendipity " is a very well written book. I got easily hooked to the story and the characters whom we could genuinely relate to.
The author's language made it easy for the readers to connect to the story and especially the main character .
I highly recommend this book to anyone who'd like to have a taste of an interesting read.
Antonio Antoun
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You Live several life while you are reading it! The book is very interesting , it represents the "self image of a person" and it will learn you how to defend all your negativity inside yourself and think how you are precious and appreciated. I do believe something very magical can happen when you read this amazing book! Wish all the best for my best and precious teacher Tamara! ...more
Rita
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not the "cliché" kind of stories. It reflects on many social issues. You can relate to the characters and get lost in the story! If you're looking from something light, fun and interesting to read; this is definitely the one! Loved it! ...more
Yasmina Frem
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Must read!! Simplicity & imagination that mirror our generation's everyday problems, engaging you in a sweet escape and reflective thinking ...more
Dana Mortada
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, don't bother starting this book unless you can finish it all in one sit. I loved the story not just because it was filled with happiness, sadness, and love; but also that tackles and translates what we as a society deal with in our daily lives. It takes you on an eye opening journey, and shows you how important it is to chase your dreams. What a great read! ...more
Sara Sfeir
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Romantic fiction is mostly tears and typical endings. The writer proved that modern writing is innovation with a convincing illusion. A treat for your imagination.
Christine
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book was an inspirational one, makes you see that to find yourself, you must really look within. Also it was written in such a captivating way, that I read the story in one single seating. Serendipity really is an original.
Zeinab ElChemali
Graziella Matarseif
María Abi Fadel
Aug 02, 2020
Salam Ch
rated it did not like it
Oct 01, 2018
Leina Hossri
Mar 08, 2017
Pia Khalil
Oct 11, 2017
I have always been a passionate reader. I have always written short stories and won awards for them in highschool.

Today, I am a published writer thanks to my first novel Chasing Serendipity, and I can't wait for more!

Look for the book on Goodreads !

News & Interviews