Start by marking “Blood Guard (Mission, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Guard (Mission, #1)

Blood Guard (Mission #1)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  585 Ratings  ·  268 Reviews
Enter a world of immortal danger and desire—and discover an incredible fate borne of blood.

Tendra:
One minute, I’m a bartender in gritty Mission City; the next, I’m whisked away by a vampire named Athan who tells me that I’m the lifeblood of his clan. It sounds unbelievable, but he’s got evidence I can’t deny. Turns out, Athan belongs to an underground society of vampires
Published September 12th 2017 by Loveswept

~Mindy Lynn~
4 Stars! And it's out today! 9-12-17

This was a great start to what will no doubt be an amazing series.

Tendra works nights bartending in the town of Mission. She recently lost her mother and is feeling quite alone in the world since her mother was the only family she had. Well, besides her cat, Brex. While growing up Trenda spent a lot of time moving from one place to another with her mother. Their moves were often caused by unusual things happening. Like the murder of their landlords daughter o
Lisa
Jul 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, for-review

4 Stars!

That was it. Protect. Protect. Protect.

Not touch. Not love. Certainly not that.

Never that.

I closed my eyes and focused on all my training, all I was taught.

But nothing had prepared me for Tendra Parrish.

Blood Guard is the first book in Megan Erickson’s new series entitled Mission. This was a sexy and edgy PNR tale that had me engrossed right from the very first page. The paranormal world this author has created is distinct and unique. With an action-packed plot line and a great ro
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐4.5 STARS⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I love it when I discover an author who can satisfy my different cravings. Megan Erickson writes, contemporary romance, M/M, as well as PNR and after sampling a little of each I can safely say I’m impressed with her ability to switch genres whilst delivering solid world building and dependable characters.

Something to know about me, Fantasy is my first love. I came to romance books super late but I remember loving the light romantic aspects in my fantasy reads back then.
Now wit
Rachel Reads Ravenously

I’m really only familiar with Megan Erickson’s co written cyber love series, this was my first book by her as a solo writer. I enjoyed it, but I am not eager to read the rest of the series.

Blood Guard is about a young woman named Tendra who discovers she’s meant to be a king vampire’s bride because of her bloodline. Her blood guard Athan, brother of the king, retrieves her from her normal life and tries to whisk her off to safety, but a rival vampire clan seeks to kill Tendra.

We got o
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Very run-of-the-mill paranormal romance.

While I haven't read much by Megan Erickson, most of my friends adore her and I'm a HUGE paranormal romance fan, so picking up this book was a no-brainer for me. Alas, it wasn't quite what I was hoping it would be.

I really, really wanted this to be amazing. I'm always looking for a new PNR series as urban fantasy and PNR have been my obsession for many years. However, the fact that paranormal romance is a genre with tons of stand-out series makes it tough
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 stars

I enjoyed Blood Guard a lot, the plot was interesting and the characters enjoyable.It was fast paced and sexy, I loved the world Megan created.I always had a soft spot for vampires and Athan was delicious.He is sexy,mysterious,dark and strong.Tendra is also an interesting heroine, she is smart and strong.Their romance was sexy and in some parts sweet.

Overall, it was a great start to a new series, and now I'm excited to read the next book.If you like vampires and you need a quick read this
Aisling Zena
4 stars

So it was predictable, so it had one moment of TSTL by the heroine (just the once thankfully) but did I care? Nope! Did it detract from my enjoyment of this? Nope! The writing pulled me in, even if I saw certain things coming, I loved taking the ride. Especially as Megan Erickson put her own little stamp on vampires.

description

Tendra is a bartender in Mission. A dead end city, the latest in a long string of cities she and her mom keep moving in to. After losing her mother in an accident, she's grief
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.5 Stars***

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course."

"You didn't hesitate."

"Because I didn't have to. I trust you."

This book was SO DAMN GOOD!! It gave me so many things I absolutely love:

FANTASTIC Heroine - Oh yes, folks! Be prepared to fall in love with Tendra! A delicate flower needing rescue she is not! She's badass, and straight-forward, and a warrior against bullshit. She didn't let her vulnerabilities turn into weakness, but used it to fuel her...to motivate her, and to give her the strength
Wendy
4 out of 5 stars.png (1278×248):

I am a big sucker for vampires, so when I saw this baby on Netgalley, I knew I had to read it.

season 6 halloween episode 8 buffy the vampire slayer vampire GIF

Tendra is a waitress, who one day after her shift, gets snatched off the street and kidnapped. She is thrown into a world, where all of a sudden vampires are real and she herself is supposed to be  "Sanguivita" ( mealticket) for the clans king, because of her "special" blood.

Movies GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Of course Tendra was quite shocked at first, but evidence suggest, her kidnapper Athen, is not talking out of his ass :P

Apparently
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

An ARC has been kindly provided by Random House Publishing Group – Loveswept via NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion.

I don’t know what was in the book but I read it in nearly one sitting. Maybe Megan Erickson sprinkled some somnus to captivate the reader?

This is one of these stories where everything works really well together to give you a great time. The characters, the pace, the plot with some unexpected twists, the side characters (I particularly love the feline one)…
Kate's Corner

This is a good read and a promising start to a new series.

I’m just not sure that this series is for me.

I always hope that I will find a vampire series that I will love. I’m still working on that one.

The story flows well and there are exciting elements to the stories. The world building takes a while as there are three different vampire clans and at times especially when they were fighting I got confused. But with vampires there always seems to be a prophecy involved so that kind gets old.

As
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

I liked this one. I was in the mood for a vampire book when I decided to pick this book up and it ended up being a pretty good fit for me. I read another book written by Megan Erickson earlier this year and was curious about what she would do with a completely different kind of story. I really liked what she did with the start of this new series. This was a fairly short book that I ended up reading cover to cover in a single day and
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 4-star-books, pnr
4.25 I found a new PNR series Stars

Blood Guard is a standalone and is part of the Mission series by Megan Erickson. This is my SECOND Megan Erickson book, but I didn’t know that. I didn’t know that my first book by this author was a contemporary MM read, so I LOVE it when an author changes direction in writing.

Blood Guard is a New Adult Paranormal Read with Vampires. Yum!

The thing that I like about new PNR books is the world building. I like to learn all the rules and magical stuff that happens.
Alyssa
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-releases
3.5 stars. The good thing was that there was NO drama or love triangle.

***Review posted on The Eater of Books! blog***

Blood Guard by Megan Erickson
Book One of the Mission series
Publisher: Loveswept
Publication Date: September 11, 2017
Rating: 4 stars
Source: eARC from NetGalley

Summary (from Goodreads):

Tendra: One minute, I’m a bartender in gritty Mission City; the next, I’m whisked away by a vampire named Ath
Am4u ❀ ~ AprilMarie4u ~ ❀

Guest review for ❥ CGSR Blog.

Rating:

5 stars

Genres:

MF, Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy

My thoughts:

This book has an old school traditional PNR vibe. It's clean with no boundary pushing or overt attempts to be OTT edgy. A little bit of the common violence often found in these type of Urban Fantasy genres but nothing gratuitous.

The hero was strong & noble. The heroine a mix of tough & vulnerable.

A lot of this book can be described as classic tropes or traditional themes. And yet it was
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from publisher via Netgalley*

A PNR from Megan, you say, eh? Oh I'm sold alright!!

I’m really glad that Megan has decided to expand her repertoire and dip her toes some more in the PNR world. Not long ago, she gave her readers shifter-rom. Now, she’s giving her readers vampire-rom. And no complaints here at all, no ma’am!

What a delish start to a new series! In this world, Tendra (or Ten as she prefers) learns really quickly of another world that exists and what role she plays in it.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy, shelly
I'm still wrapping my head around the awesome experience I had while reading Blood Guard. This is not your mother's vampire PNR. It's edgy, dark, twisted, dirty, and sexy AF.

I love the whole concept of Mission City. There's danger lurking everywhere--human and not so human. In Blood Guard we meet Athan (totally calling dibs on this sexy, broody, loyal vamp) and Tendra.

Athan's been sent to protect Ten, but who's going to protect Athan from her?

I loved this story of love, loyalty, and duty. Athan
Andrea
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, pn-vampires
This definitely was not my favorite book by Megan Erickson. I adore all her other books, so I’m a bit disappointed. Blood Guard was by no means bad. I just can’t help compare it to her other books, which are pretty amazing.

My main issue was that this had the “chosen one” trope. Which, *sigh*. I think most of us can admit this trope needs to go away, or be done in a new and unique way, which it wasn’t here. Also, don’t expect too much world-building, it wasn’t super complex here.

The romance is wh
Ami
(view spoiler) ...more
Alisa
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was ok

I went in to this with really high hopes. I enjoy this author's shifter series. It's a really unique world and contains plot elements I haven't seen before. I chose this expecting to see more of the same but with vampires.

What I got was a mediocre plot that was no different than a million other vampire paranormal romances I've read before. Heroine was moved around a lot by her secretive mother. She learns to fight because secretive mother says she should. Vampires show up and uproot he
Shin Mon Thway
I know that a lot of people are going to hate me for this review but I still have to say what I really think about it.

First of all, I was TREMENDOUSLY disappointed when I found out this was a MF book and not MM one. I know that this is not author’s fault or anything but still, I was quite disappointed. When I found out Megan Erickson was publishing a new book, I ran my ass off to Kindle store and purchased the book WITHOUT knowing that it was a MF book. I have nothing against MF romances and I a
Emily Seelye
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, vampires, perfect
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Vampire stories are a highly popular subject matter so I'm always impressed when an author can spin a fresh take. I like the differences that Megan Erickson created and want to learn more.

This was an enjoyable story with great main characters. It had enough tension with Tendra being meant for Athan's brother. Watching him battle with his sense of duty over his feelings that grew for her the longer he guarded her.

The epilogue created enough interest to see where Book 2 will continue with the st
Rê

3.5 “Sexy Vampires” Stars

ARC via NetGalley.

Thank you, Loveswept!

I've been saying this a lot for the past couple of months, but yeah I'm more than ready for paranormal romance to make a comeback. And it's happening, guys. It's happening!!! So, hello all the paranormal romance books I'm seeing out there! *waves*

description

Now, of the adult PNR romance I've read this year, Blood Guard is definitely my favorite.

I'm relatively new to this author, but I can already tell Megan Erickson has no trouble writing che
Annie
4.5 stars- Really good start to a new series

Blood Guard is the first in Miss Erickson’s new vampiric Mission series. As I’ve seen in her other paranormal titles, this author does an outstanding job building intricate worlds I find mesmerizing. There are a few species/types of vampires and paranormal creatures within this world, but I found the explanations thorough enough to keep track of them as they reappeared throughout the book.

I thought the overall premise of the plot was really interestin
Hollis
[I was] a little peeved my Disney reference was lost on a vampire bodyguard.

So, I just mentioned in another review how much I like when beloved authors shake up their defaults and try something new. And Erickson's been doing that a lot lately. First by co-authoring some contemporaries, then venturing into shifters, and now vampires. The shifter series (which I need to read more of) didn't wow me but I really enjoyed it. Whereas book one in the Mission series.. well.

With so many flavours and vibe
Leyna
Sep 17, 2017 marked it as not-worth-my-time-and-money
Rating removed
Gretchen  (About That Story)
I LOVE a good vampire story and this was freaking FANTASTIC! I love the world that was introduced, the characters, the details, the drama, and the passion. It was all so exciting!

Tendra and Athan were awesome. I loved how they met and their interactions. I loved Tendra, she was fierce! I loved her attitude and determination in the midst of this very crazy situation and I thought she was a great heroine. And Athan, oh my! All gruff attitude and devoted to his task I loved how loyal he was. I love
Manon
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I was provided an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Tendra is a waitress in a city called Mission. As she comes back from a shift, she is pretty much kidnapped off the street by Athan.
Athan later informs her that he is here to protect her, that he is a vampire and that she is the “Sanguivita”, basically a blood bank for the future king of a vampire clan who happens to be Athan’s brother, Idris.
Her first reaction is to believe he’s an insane person but then she starts to believe
Kay (❦ ᴗ ❦ ✿) BooksandMe

Rating:

“My soul wants you.”

Have you ever read a book, loved it and realize it's a series? Omo!

Tendra have been on a run all her life, never taking roots in a place, never belonging somewhere, never making friends except Ruby and her cat, Brex. Until she met Athan. Athan is loyal to a fault, upholds his duty and will do anything for the good of his people, or vampire.

Tendra and Athan's journey to Gregorie's household was like an adventure with meeting friends along the way, with some bumps and d

Megan Erickson is a USA Today bestselling author of romance that sizzles. Her books have a touch of nerd, a dash of humor, and always have a happily ever after. A former journalist, she switched to fiction when she decided she likes writing her own endings better.

She lives in Pennsylvania with her very own nerdy husband and two kids. Although rather fun-sized, she's been told she has a full-sized
More about Megan Erickson

Mission (3 books)
  • Bite the Hand That Bleeds (Mission, #0.5)
  • Blood Veil (Mission, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be