Start by marking “Clown Moon” as Want to Read:
Clown Moon

Clown Moon

LOCK YOUR DOORS AND WINDOWS... PULL THE COVERS OVER YOUR HEAD...
Author Alex Jameson is going to make you scream.

Former Marine sniper Sam Asher enjoys his casual civilian life. He’s content with his mundane job, steady girlfriend, and halfway decent apartment, until tragedy strikes too close to home, in a manner that appears to be related to a nationwide epidemic of cree
Published February 28th 2017 by S. Prescott Thrillers

To ask other readers questions about Clown Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clown Moon

Nick T. Borrelli
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I've been known to enjoy a good horror book now and then but this one just didn't hit the right chord at all. It's a shame too because I love the premise - the real clown sightings from 2016. So the story could have been amazing had the author chosen to stick with that script and build tension and thrills based on those creepy occurrences. Sadly this book goes off the rails and just ends up being ridiculously hokey. Wasn't what I hoped it would be.
Emma♔☯ (Bookishfix)
I recieved this novel from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

"I'm the part you don't want to acknowledge. I'm every awful thought you've ever had. I'm every horrible urge you've ever suppressed or indulged. I am you. You're me."

Remember all those creepy clown sightings from 2016? Clowns lurking about the woods, or outside homes, caught on camera, videos on youtube, stories in the media; some brandishing weapons, chasing people and basically scaring the shit out of everyone. Well Alex
Annika
description

This was really good.
Despite it being labeled as such, though, this is not a horror novel but more of a psychological thriller.

The premise of the horror clown frenzy of 2016 was great and made for an amazing creepy atmosphere that was backed up by a gripping story of two ex-military brothers chasing down their nephew's murderer.
Sam and Jake were interesting and likable characters connected by a touching brotherly bond, the author managed to make me sympathize with the psychotic villain with ease
Pat
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Maybe 2.75 stars. I don't know how this got so many 5 star ratings.

I got this book thinking it would be good and creepy. I was wrong. Not creepy at all. Yes, it's about a clown craze and I do remember hearing about the recent (at the time) actual craze. But that didn't make it creepy.

In a nutshell former marine Sam Asher is gaily tripping through life until someone close to him becomes a victim of the clown craze. As more clowns are murdered (because they are scaring people?) Sam decides the kil
Autumn Is Azathoth
Review of CLOWN MOON by Alex Jameson

This engrossing horror/thriller is set in the “clown craze” of 2016, connecting it to a former clown era in 1981, 35 years earlier. But the craze of 2016 is terrifying, offering violence on both sides, injuries, even fatalities. Clowns and “clown hunters” both are aggressive and dangerous. It's a call for criminals, lowlifes, pedophiles, rapists, and killers to come out to play, and soon it seems as if no one and nowhere can remain safe.

Sam Asher, a former Mar
Irene
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
So honestly this is not usually the type of book that attracts my attention. I'm not a fan of detective stories, or government agents and snipers etc. But I had some extra time and the cover really caught my eye. Homeland Security is not the star of this show at all. Neither are detectives, and I was pleasantly surprised to find myself totally immersed in this story.
Some people fear clowns, maybe even more so after several creepy clown sightings across the nation. One man in particular has reaso
Susan Angela Wallace
Clown moon by Alex jameson.
A good read.
Clowns are terrorising innocent people.
Was this a joke?
Someone is going around killing the clowns. Sam and jake has an idea who it may be. They work together to try and catch him.
This was a good read with good characters. But it kept going slow. I kept losing interest in it. Putting it down and picking it up again. 4*.
Keith Chawgo
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jameson has created a horror thriller that is deeply rooted in the real world. Taking the news stories of clown sightings in 2016 and tracing this back to a previous occurrences that happened in the 80’s, Clown Moon looks at this and has added its own spin on this phenomenon.

This is an exciting read and a real honest to goodness page turner that has likable characters, exciting situations and excellent scenarios. This is an overall crime thriller with a horror slant and although this does not i
Kaylee
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good action/thriller, kept me entertained the whole way through quite fast paced. Did not get bored dispite the fact the book is 500 pages. I felt that the writing is very suited to the genre it is in, not flowery and over written just choppy fast short sentences that give you the feeling of urgency need in a cat and mouse thriller.

The characters were nothing particularly note worthy but it isn't part of a series to my knowledge, so they serve their purpose. You root for the MC, want the k
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a Winner!

I just finished reading "Clown Moon" by Alex Jameson, and I am completely impressed with this first thriller from Summer Prescott Books. Not having a clue what to expect from this first thriller, I kept an open mind as I began reading… And, honestly, from the first page right up to and including the very last, I was not disappointed one bit. This book and Alex Jameson as its author have truly more than earned the five stars I gave this awesome title. Extremely suspenseful, ve
Susan
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sam Archer was a sniper for the military. He is an uncle and close to his nephew. He goes with friends dressed up as a clown. They are out to scare people. When Sam's newphew is found dead, he is very upset. He feels as if the police aren't doing enough.he decides to go out and find the clown killer. As time goes by, Sam calls Jake, his brother to help him. Jake does. Will they find the clown killer? What is a clown moon?

The author has written an excellent novel. It is a mystery, full of suspens
Mary Brannian
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Send in the Clowns

Creepy. Horrific.Yet fascinating.... You are quickly caught up in the whirlpool of action begat by blind emotion. Aiden, a young man, out to have "fun" with his friends, is murdered... Murdered because he was dressed as a clown. Overcome by grief, rage, and guilt, Aiden's uncle, Sam Archer decided to track down his nephew's killer and eliminate him.

But it's not easy... The Hunter's Supermoon is casting a miasma of malicious intent over the minds and emotions of people; more an
Mandy
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it
It was slow going for me initially, I didn't like Sam very much, but once Jake became a bigger part I , the brothers really had a great chemistry and I couldn't put it down. I hope to read more about these brothers in the future, but only if they're together.

From the title, one might gather this is a scary clown novel, but unfortunately there was very little horror or terror in the book. We knew who the killer was from the beginning and his motivation, what we didn't know was when the killer and
NicoleG
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lots of people love clowns! Others fear them. This book isn't your typical clown themed horror story...it's much scarier!
It seems like someone is randomly killing people who happened to be dressed in clown costumes. Why would anyone do that? The first murder hits close to home for ex Marine Sam Asher and he feels that he has find out who the killer is and make him pay. The author does a good job of weaving the story by way of what's going on in the perpetrator's head and also other characters as
Bob
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This edge of your seat page turner from Alex Jameson is well worth the read. Killer clowns, Clown Killers, excellent character development and an action packed believable revenge plot made this one of my favorite reads of 2017. I'm hoping to read further adventures of brothers Sam and Jake and Agent Alison Cole. Very Highly recommended!
Andrea Butler
A Truly Great Read

Well written, humorous and taut at the same time Sam and Jake are quite the pair. Loving and hateful. This is a different the of thriller with a plot I found pretty nerve wracking at times. I might UST tea it again! Thanks, Mr. Jameson.
Becky
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!! Im hooked.

Okay ,first book I read by this author. I'm already hooked. I was sucked in right from beginning. I sitting here waiting on next installment. I hope we get another!! READ THIS BOOK!!
Karen Roma
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Don’t be fooled by the title, CLOWN MOON is more of a Psychological Thriller than a horror story and very intensely written. Packed with twists and turns and some deeply dark and disturbing moments, I’m sure this book will appeal to many readers who like what goes bump in the night.
RABT Book Tours and PR
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sale Blitz: Clown Moon by @SummerPrescott1

Angel Graham
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Psychological Thriller

Kept my attention. I was afraid it would be hokey, but it's truly not. A psychological thriller. Worth the read.
Shawanda
Loved it

This book was a good read. I loved the Asher brothers and hope to read more stories with them in it.
Sharon
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay, clowns frighten me. I don’t like clowns, they creep me out. When I was five years old my dad and I were walking when a parade came by. Maybe it was some holiday, I don’t remember. Anyway, suddenly I saw a clown walking towards me and I started to cry. My dad tried to tell me not to be afraid and the clown tried to give me a lollipop. I loved candy but even that green lollipop didn’t stop my tears. The clown felt bad and gave my father a balloon to give to me for when he left. Clowns still ...more
Anne G. Kasaba
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow Just Wow a New Writer that Leaves You Wanting More!

I've read thrillers from masters of the genre, Patterson, Scottoline, Kellerman, etc. and Alex Jameson is right up there with them.

His plot is refreshing, his characters are tough, funny, and likeable. Don't miss this opportunity to read this book. He is definitely an up and coming author whose name will soon be included as a master in this genre.
Carrie
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
I knew it was just a matter of time before someone wrote a book or a movie about the clowns! Omg! I remember I worked at a Halloween store and we were to report if any clown items were sold, had teenagers trying to steal the clown masks, everyone on edge threatened to cancel Halloween, anyway I enjoyed this book despite the fact that I hate clowns, I love the characters, can't wait for more. A copy of this book was sent to me by the author, and I voluntarily chose to review.
Sabrina
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OK, I've never been weird about clowns, I'm thinking that may change after reading this book. Dark, thrilling, twists and turns. This is the first book I've read by Alex Jameson, but it will not be my last. If you like dark thrillers, this is the book for you.
Sharon Thrasher
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This deserves more stars.

Wow what a story. I think this writer is really good. Wonderful characters. Sam and Jake are great. The storyline is different but it all came together well. I hope the next one comes out soon.
Penny Marks
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Amazing thriller! I am a huge fan of creepy thrillers and this one had me looking over my shoulder while reading. I will never be able to look at a clown the same again.
Great storyline, great characters. This book will give you spine tingling chills!
Looking forward to the next book.
Pamela Priest
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!! I can't wait for more in this series. I've never found clowns creepy, but now I do. This is a great first book in what I hope will be a long line of thrillers. I love the main characters, smart ex-Marine Sam and his brother Jake. And Cole! The second book is already set up! I hope it's coming out soon!!
Amy
Mar 08, 2017 added it
Shelves: books-read, spbp
Clown Mania

Summer Prescott Publishing writes the best cozies ever and now they're opening up for even more amazing authors in the thriller genre. Move over Stephen King and Dean Koontz. Alex is going to catch up fast. I can't wait to read the next one. Definitely worth more than 5 stars
Suzanne Homeier-poe
Awesome thriller

It was a little slow in the beginning but boy did it grab you after the first forty pages. It was sad and heartwarming all at once. I loved the ending. It was the best. The protagonist was portrayed very well. It is a very scary book. Loved it.
Alex Jameson is a regular guy who happens to love scaring his audience and inspiring nightmares. His fantastic debut novel, Clown Moon, has been followed by a darkly humorous series, The 100 Deaths of Lucas Graves.
“Criteria, for victims. I know, clowns… and according to what I’ve read, you seem to do things pretty randomly,” she said. “But still, you must have some sort of rules or parameters you follow, right?” 0 likes