Start by marking “Goaltending (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #5)” as Want to Read:
Goaltending (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #5)

Goaltending

(Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #5)

WANTED: single dad needs nanny.
In more ways than one.

Martin "Brick" Bricker is living the good life. He's playing the sport he loves, has all the women he can handle, and parties like a rock star. At twenty-six, he has no interest in slowing down or taking anything seriously —except hockey, of course.

Then a knock at his door changes everything. Suddenly he's the single
Published May 25th 2017 by Cedrona Enterprises (first published May 20th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Goaltending, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Goaltending

The Deal by Elle KennedyThe Mistake by Elle KennedyPucked by Helena HuntingAlex by Sawyer BennettHim by Sarina Bowen
Hockey Hunks
370 books — 490 voters
The Deal by Elle KennedyTaking Shots by Toni AleoTrying to Score by Toni AleoEmpty Net by Toni AleoPucked by Helena Hunting
Best Hockey Romance
488 books — 1,089 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Goaltending (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #5)
Kate
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

This is a really hard review for me to write, I’ve enjoyed Jami Davenport’s work for some time now, some books more than others but that’s how it goes with an avid reader. However, Goaltending just didn’t work for me on many levels so I’m going to break it down into what worked for me and what didn’t work for me.

What didn’t work for me in Goaltending:

The “hero” was an overgrown, spoiled, man-child with a Peter Pan complex. His constant flirting and innuendo about sex to his child’s nanny wasn’t
Rejane
Giving up at 70%-ish (read through chapter 11). This book is a huge disappointment.
The hero is a man-child who only thinks about his sexual exploitations. The heroine,of course, was always in that stupid trance in front of him.
She works with kids (and goes to college for a degree to work with kids) but fails miserably in helping the little girl. The relationship between father (hero) and daughter, up to 70% in the book, haven’t progressed. He was always thinking his daughter was putting a halt
Auntee
This was my first book by this author, and while the writing was generally good, and the plot was certainly interesting, (playboy NHL goalie has to grow up fast and change his lifestyle when his unknown-to-him 5 year old daughter shows up on his doorstep) I almost gave up on it.
Why? The man/child hero, Marty ‘Brick’ Bricker.

The sexual harassment of his babysitter and his refusal to act like a man instead of a teenage boy almost had me slamming my kindle shut. But I hate to give up on a book too
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Goaltending was the eighth book in the Seattle Sockeyes series by Jami Davenport. The storyline was a journey of discovery, healing, accepting mistakes and moving forward.

Martin "Brick" Bricker was the goalie for the NHL Seattle Sockeyes. He was the quintessential playboy and king of one night stands. He never lacked for female companionship for the night. His life was rolling along in his usual partying ways until a five year old girl, Macy, was literally dropped on his doorstep as his daughter
May 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
***ARC Provided by the author and L. Woods PR***

2.5 Stars

There were things I liked about this story. I liked Brick, mostly. And I liked Amelia. I thought they were a good match, and I really liked their chemistry. Their scenes together, their attraction, and the draw they have to one another were realistic and I believed in their relationship and the resolution.

Unfortunately, I was not sold on the parts of the plot that were centered around his daughter. I had a tough time believing in 2 things.
Erin Lewis
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 star Review Goaltending: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On In Seattle #8) by Jami Davenport

This is book 8 in the series and another winner for Jami Davenport in my humble opinion. What's a guy to do when he opens his door and finds a 5 year old girl unaccompanied on his doorstep with a note in her hand and her calling him Daddy? That's the position that Martin "Brick" Bricker suddenly finds himself in.

The goalie for the Sockeyes Hockey Team he certainly lives a life of wild partying. The last t
ItaPixie
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Goaltending was the first book in the Seattle Sockeyes Hockey series I have read and if the others are as good as this one I have a lot of sports books to read.

This story has all my favorite tropes hockey player + single dad and I couldn't not to like and enjoy it and Jami Davenport writing made it really really special.
I got attached to every single character and I hope to read more about them in the future.

Brick journey kept my attention from beginning to end.He started as a selfish playboy

Heather
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
**Advanced copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

Going into this book, I wasn't so sure what I thought of Sockeyes goaltender Martin "Brick" Bricker. He's always struck me as a guy very set in his player-esque ways and frankly I wasn't sure if he would ever want to change them. As we get to know Brick, we learn very quickly that partying, women and cold are among his favorite things. Clothes and settling down are a couple of things that he really doesn't care for.

Just aft
Renee Entress
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, pain, secrets, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Skating on Thin Ice: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #1)
Crashing the Boards: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #1.5)
Crashing the Net: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #2)
Love at First Snow: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle, #2.5)
Melting Ice: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Sea
Sheena
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Mixed review ....

With a slight twist on the theme of secret baby/sports romance this book focused on Brick, a hockey goalkeeper and player on and off the rink and Amelia the smart, strong woman, whom he hired to be a nanny for the surprise package that arrived on his doorstep.........I really liked the premise of the story but unfortunately the circumstances surrounding the arrival of Brick's daughter stretched all credibility for me...

The story was written from the perspective of the main chara
Julie
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Martin Bricker or Brick, loves his life, he's a professional hockey player with a rich lifestyle, he has everything he wants, hot women, parties, and did I mention women?
Life's great until one morning the fun comes to an abrupt end when he's rudely awaken by a knock on his door, upon investigation he's knocked side ways when he discovers the culprit to be a 5yr old girl called Macy who claims he is her "daddy", and he has to look after her now. That can't be right! But first he has to find some
Diane Lynch
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hockey-romance, ebook
Goaltending: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (Game On in Seattle #8) by Jami Davenport Goalie, Martin "Brick" Bricker’s playboy social life comes to a halt when his five-year-old daughter, that he didn’t know he had, is left at his doorstep.  He hires nanny, Amelia Stacey, to help take care of her.  He puts the moves on Amelia, but she’s blocking all his shots.  This contemporary sports romance is suitable for adults.

At first, I wasn’t crazy about Brick.  I liked him more as the story progressed.  I ap
Susan Trewick
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the 8th book in this series but can be read as a standalone, though I do suggest you read the previous books as they are fab!
I did enjoy this book, I read it quite quickly and in one sitting. The story follows Brick and Amelia, I liked Amelia, she had a rough time with her previous relationship but was still feisty and didn't put up with any crap from Brick. Brick was a total arse!! He was a total player and didn't want to settle down, he loved his life how it was but then a huge spanne
Angie McGuire
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved Loved Loved this book. I wasn't sure how it would be, seeing that Brick was a stereotypical playboy, who couldn't keep it in his pants, but Amelia changed that for him. She brought him from a very dark, and miserable life that resulted from the lack of love from a marriage standpoint when he was younger. Watching your mother get torn apart from a cheating father can really mess you up. So understanding Brick's standpoint on relationships completely made sense.

Being thrown for a life cha
Elizabeth Clinton
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jami Davenport brings us back into the world of Seattle Sockeye Hockey and we get the story of Goaltender Martin "Brick" Bricker and Amelia Stacey.
Brick is the teams goaltender but he also is one of the teams playboys. Different women all the time, commitment phobe and just an all around good time guy. But what he never expects is to find standing on his doorstep is the most adorable little girl.
Amelia Stacey college student, daycare worker and a woman trying to move on from a past she is not p
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
I really enjoyed meeting the previous couples in this series. And I LOVE single parent tropes. However, I just could not feel the love between Brick and Amelia. I wanted to love it. It was just ok for me.

Macy, shows up on Brick's doorstep unannounced and declares him her Daddy. His response is so beyond shocked. I can't figure out how any decent human would even consider what was going through his head. Disbelief would be there, but he did nothing to comfort or even understand this child until
JKAF
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I didn't want to like Brick but when he saw the light it made me like him a little more.

Brick the goaltender for The Seattle Sockeyes is a wild party guy especially with the ladies but when his doorbell rings and a brown eyed little girl is calling him Daddy he realizes that he just might have to change his ways!
Amelia has been offered a great deal and all she has do is look after Brick's 5 year old daughter Macy for two weeks and she will make $300 a day to help pay her bills.
Amelia wants Brick
Sassy Southern
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Goaltending was the first book I've read by author, Jami Davenport and I can honestly say I will be looking for more of her books. Her writing of this book was some of the best that I have read in sports romance. Goaltending introduces the reader to Martin Bricker, professional hockey star for the Seattle Sockeyes and the ultimate alpha playboy and also introduces us to Amelia Stacy, a child care worker. Martin and Amelia are brought together because Martin has a little girl delivered to his doo ...more
Brandi  Dugett
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story was amazing. I love the Seattle series books by Jami. The books in this series keeps getting better.
A single mid twenties play boy becomes a single father in an instant and needs a nanny. He gets more than he bargained for when he hires Amelia to be a nanny to his 5 year old daughter Macy. Macy's story will make you cry.
I loved this story and recommend it to everyone.
*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*
The Book Lover
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really complex and not your typical story.. brick is the typical cocky hockey player, which ego is bigger than his head and crease.. enter Macy an adorable little sassy ball that will alter his ways in the best way possible.. plus the nanny that will make him change his ways and crave something he thought he would never have!
Jasmin Jace
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
JoAnna G
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love reading Jamie Davenport. She is one of my go-to authors for hockey books. Though I really liked this book, it felt the beginning was a bit slow. It needed a little kick in the pants and when it arrived I was very pleased. We don’t get a lot of hockey in this book but the elements are there when they talk about it. The writing was good and boy did the author get her point across when it came to.

Now I loved the nanny: Amelia or as she gets a call later Meel by Macy She has a good heart and
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Goalie Martin Bricker likes his freedom, he doesn't do relationships, attachments, or anything of the sort, he is solely a one night kind of man, settling down just isn't in his vocabulary. But that all quickly changes when he opens the door to a beautiful little brown eyed girl claiming that he is her father, and now her sole caretaker. At first Martin is certain there is a mistake, no way can he be a father, but when things start leaning the other direction he begins to realize he is going to ...more
Dawn
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!This is Brick and Amelia’s story it is part of a seris but could be read as a standalone.
Brick is goaltender for the Seattle Sockeyes,hes a total player,loves his playboy lifestyle and lives it to max.Women come and go he never gives them a second thought bedding his way through a long line who are only to happy to throw themselves at him on a daily basis, he likes to party and he parties hard. It was only a matter of time before he was caught out and now that day has come!!
Ma
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Martin “Brick” Bricker, goalie of the Seattle Sockeyes hockey team, is happily living the life of a playboy, with plenty of partying and the ability to have pretty much any woman he wants. Things quickly change, however, when a sassy five year old is literally dropped at his door with a note telling him that he is her father, and the only family she has left in the world.

Amelia Stacey, hard working college student, really needs life to cut her a break. Working at a daycare while taking classes f
Lena Dublin
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Unputdownable. Yes, that's word. It's the perfect way to describe this book. I just could not put it down. This is the first book I have read from Jami Davenport's Game On in Seattle series and it won't be my last. I went one-click crazy after reading Goaltending. Being that it is the first book from the series I have read, I can honestly say that you can read this as a stand-alone. The story was easy to follow and you didn't get lost in the cast of characters.

This book was more than just a spo
Lucia
A nanny sports romance with a playboy hockey player who finds himself thrown into fatherhood & a nanny who doesn’t do flings!

Goaltending is a nanny sports romance with a playboy hockey player who finds himself thrown into fatherhood. This well written book is light-hearted but with an emotional heart-wrenching undertone as this single-dad figures out whether he is cut out to be a father figure to a sassy little girl who has been through so much. While this is part of a series, this book can be r
Susan
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I give Goaltending: Seattle Sockeyes Hockey 5 stars for being a wonderful story and including two sports I love: hockey and figure skating. I loved the characters, the story line and the conclusion. I felt so much joy watching Brick grow emotionally and seeing his daughter find her place in his heart.

Jami Davenport is an author that is able to blend sports, romance and everyday events into her writing and seamlessly jump from one thing to the next and make it flow so well. Her stories are alway
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
description
If you like a good sports romance with a cocky leading man and an opinionated but very caring leading lady then this is a must read.

Brick and Amelia seem like total opposites on the surface. They seem like a pair that could never possibly work. Brick is single and embraces his bachelor status while Amelia has suffered a recent heartbreak and yet still knows she's looking for a forever type of guy. Brick's bachelor ways change the minute the five-year-old daughter he didn't know about shows up a
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Scoring Off the Ice (Ice Kings, #2)
  • The Enforcer (Redtails Hockey #3)
  • Naughty Wish (Brit Boys Sports, #5)
  • The Brick Wall (Redtails Hockey #1)
  • Nate (Las Vegas Sidewinders #10)
  • Big Win (Brit Boys Sports, #2)
  • Just Say Yes (Indianapolis Eagles #1)
  • Outcast (The Good Guys)
  • Colton  (Wild Men, #2)
  • Blades of Glory (Nashville Assassins: Next Generation, #4)
  • Stealing Home (Dallas Longhorns, #1)
  • Coasting (Gold Hockey, #8)
  • Love on a Summer Night (Pine Harbour #4)
  • Married Into Love (Bachelorette Party #3)
  • Heartbreaker (Billionaires of White Oaks #1)
  • Must Love Dogs...and Hockey (Bears Hockey #1)
  • Twenty-Two (Assassins, #14)
  • Butt Ending: A Big Stick Novel 2 (Standalone)
Subscribe to my newsletter to receive a free novel and be notified of new releases, special sales, and contests: http://eepurl.com/LpfaL

USA Today bestselling author Jami Davenport writes sexy contemporary, new adult, and sports romances, including Gone Missing, Seattle Sockeyes, and The Scoring Series.

Jami lives on a small farm near Puget Sound with her Army Ranger-turned-plumber husband, a Newfo

Seattle Sockeyes Hockey (9 books)
  • Skating on Thin Ice (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #1)
  • Crashing the Net (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #2)
  • Melting Ice (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #3)
  • Bodychecking (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #4)
  • Penalty Play (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #6)
  • Shutdown Player (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #7)
  • Shot on Goal (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #8)
  • Deflected (Seattle Sockeyes Hockey #9; Madrona Island #2)