Start by marking “My Name is Not Isla” as Want to Read:
My Name is Not Isla

My Name is Not Isla

A man can’t set you free—only you can.

Backstage and in front of the world, a vicious record executive rules over his kingdom and the perfect little doll he’s created. He pulls the strings and poses her under the lights, and in the cage of the public eye, she’ll remain, until one day . . . she takes flight.

Where she lands, only one man will know—the one who’s being paid to
Published April 4th 2017 by Brunswick House

To ask other readers questions about My Name is Not Isla, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Name is Not Isla

Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-star-2017
My Name is Not Isla by Eliza Freed
4.5 stars!!!

“A man can’t set you free – only you can.”

Thanks to one of my fellow bloggers I discovered Eliza Freed last year and have been in love with her writing ever since, this is my fifth book by this author and I still have a few back-catalogue books to read too.

My Name is Not Isla is more a romantic suspense, action packed, fast paced and totally unputdownable. Our heroine, Isla is a singer at the top of her game, the worlds darling but all that fame
Renata Rukavina
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always, Mrs. Eliza Freed leaves me breathless and wishing for more. Her heroines always start at some points in their lives where you can judge them for some of their choices (if you like, I never do) but they find their ways to make wright. They are sensual, cynical, smart, I would love them to be my friends. And I always think at the end of the book "yes, good for you, brave girl!". The hero is fine, although I would like him to be more dangerous (see some more of those secret agent skills ...more
Eliza Freed
Mar 01, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
This book is properly Eliza. Slightly dark and twisted.
ARCs available for request at http://xpressobooktours.com/2017/03/2...
Leanne
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've never read anything by this author before. I stumbled across a promo for this book,loved the cover, read the blurb and instantly knew I NEEDED to read it.

I must admit, generally my taste lays on the disturbing side of dark but there was just something about this story that sucked me in.
I have devoured it only a few hours. I almost burnt my roast potatoes because I was that caught up in the world that Eliza has created.
She is a mistress at making you feel her words. Every emotion portrayed
Kaye
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gripping story!

Not only will the title catch your attention, but the synopsis will definitely intrigue you! A story of control, betrayal, freedom, drama and obsession, this story will definitely keep you glued to your book!

When I started reading this story, I thought this was just an ordinary story about a pop star who got tired of the publicity, but as you read on, you'll realize that there's so much more to this book! And Isla? She's more than just a pop star!

I was provided a copy for review p
Siobhan
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you get a book you’re mildly interested in but do not pick it up straight away. Then, when you return to the book, you’ve completely forgotten the details. Such is what happened with My Name Is Not Isla. I was interested by the synopsis, but not crazy so. I opted to read other books first, and then when I came back to it I could not remember what kind of story I was to be given. Thus, I went in blind.

Having now read the book and gone back to look at the synopsis, I can honestly say the
Nina
OK, so the blurb isn't that helpful, so here's the short version: Isla Monroe is a world famous pop singer who wants to escape her fake life and abusive manager, so she runs away to Portland, OR.

This was going to be one or two stars, but the book ending (at least for the thriller subplot, not the romance plot) was so wild I'm gonna give it an extra star.

Things I didn't like:

Clunky, amateur-ish writing. Ack. It's moderately bad during Isla's perspective, it's unbearable during Dalton's parts. Unf
Beth Rinyu
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel a book hangover coming on!

If you love romantic suspense, pick up this book now. From the very first page I was hooked, needing to know the backstory of these characters and the fate of their futures.

Isla/Mae was such a strong and independent heroine. I loved that despite her situation, she didn't play the damsel in distress role.

Dalton...wow! I could just feel the heat coming from the pages with this hero. He was sexy, caring, and fiercely protective over Mae. I enjoyed how she changed hi
Vickie
May 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
My Name Is Not Isla
by Eliza Freed
Publication date: April 4th 2017
Genres: Adult, Romance, Suspense

I've loved all of Eliza Freed's books in the past, and I truly enjoyed this one as well. It is a departure from her normal adult romance books, but its written in a way that kept me captive. I felt that the story progressed naturally and I enjoyed the storyline of the budding romance and friendship between the main characters. I did feel that the story ended before I was ready, and could've explore
Nina Rodriguez Colon
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All that glitters isn’t gold, just ask Pop Superstar Isla Monroe. Caught in the celebrity world where lies are the truth and those that you are suppose to be able to trust claim to own you, Ilsa longs for simple, for normal, and for the first time in her life the chance to be finally free from all her pain.

Secret Operative Dalton travelled the world on tactical missions for the world’s elite. So when he receives orders to follow a Pop Princess who has run away, he is not happy to say the least.
Shelley
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
My Name Is Not Isla is the story of one young woman’s journey to regain control of her life. What began as a God-given talent and a dream, turned in the hectic, taxing life of a pop star that didn’t glitter quite as brightly as she her wide eyes had imagined. Along with fame and fortune came a world filled with dominance, abuse, prying eyes, obsessive fans, and lies masquerading as the truth. When the price of fame becomes too high, and her freedom becomes a greater desire than her celebrity lif ...more
Christel
Jun 07, 2017 rated it liked it
A man can’t set you free—only you can.

Where she lands, only one man will know—the one who’s being paid to watch her. He’s a killer by trade, a lonesome soldier for hire. Clearly not a fan, he begrudgingly follows her.

From the stree
Dani
May 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Eliza Freed has written a slow romance that builds up to an intense, albeit brief climax reminiscent of one you would expect from a sub-par thriller. The climax is what made me not entirely dislike this book. The characters, setting, and storyline for this book were superficial and frivolous without enough realism to make this book relatable enough to make me care about these characters or what happened to them on any personal level.

The main character of this book Isla was neither a person in t
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews

3.5 Stars!

I quite like Eliza Freed so I jumped at the opportunity to review this book. I have to admit this took me quite awhile to get into it. I was supposed to have it finished months ago but I just couldn't get into it then I made myself plow forward. But then I was totally happy I did because this book grew into something so much more.

"Because sometimes you have to let the evil in to fully escape it."

Isla didn't win me over but Mae did once Mae was able to truly be Mae. However, I did ador
Andrea Britton
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wild ride we take! Highly recommended.

I loved this book! Like truly fell in love with both characters. A little dark, a whole lot of suspense, questions that needed answers and a heart warming story all wrapped up in one AMAZING BOOK!!!

Isla Monroe is getting her life back anyway she can! Come along and watch as she fights for her freedom and she fights for a love that she's finally found.

Ahhhhh I just can't say how much I loved this book. Go and one click! Highly recommended.
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Eliza Freed and each book seems better than the last! My Name Is Not Isla did not disappoint and once I started I didn't put it down. Freed always makes me feel like I'm right there in the story and her characters haunt me long after I've finished the book. You have amazed me yet again Eliza Freed. Thank you for sharing your talent with us!
Melissa Hodgins
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
For a fluff read I really liked it.
Neilliza Swaffar
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**Copy provided by Tour Host, in exchange for an honest review**

My Name is Not Isla is an action suspense, romance and I loved every part of it. Once I started reading Dalton and “Isla” story I couldn’t stop. The story was very engaging and full of surprises. It’s been a while since I read one from Eliza Freed, which the Lost Soul Series and I’m glad I started with this one. It was a quite a read with a strong heroine and strong alpha male.

photo mninISLA-Teaser.jpg

This story is all about Isla, a celebrity that was on
Karina
Vivek
Aug 05, 2017
Kimberly
Apr 11, 2017
To keep in touch, sign up at:

Eliza Freed graduated from Rutgers University and returned to her hometown in rural South Jersey. Her mother encouraged her to take some time and find herself. After three months of searching, she began to bounce checks, her neighbors began to talk, and her mother told her to find a job.

She settled into corporate America, learn