Start by marking “Choice of The Mighty (Chronicles of Stephen #1)” as Want to Read:
Choice of The Mighty (Chronicles of Stephen #1)

Choice of The Mighty

(Chronicles of Stephen #1)

An alternate cover for this ASIN can be found here.

A young man with a powerful gift returns home after his good intentions led to tragedy. With the help of his mentor, he begins to understand his gift and how to control it. Starting to understand his origins, he is left asking, “Why me?”

War between good and evil rages all around the world, but not in the way you would thi
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 288 pages
Published February 28th 2017 by KTH Investment Group, LLC (first published February 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Choice of The Mighty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Choice of The Mighty

Ann
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kept me turning pages

Choice of the Mighty by Kenyon T. Henry, is the first in the Chronicles of Stephen series. The setting is in modern day St. Louis with modern day tech being referenced and actual places used as backdrops. The characters are well developed, yet mystery and layers surround them making it fascinating to watch them unfold. The plot involves more than a couple of twists. Although this is a Christian fiction, I would emphasize fiction. In the story, the Mighty are a secret sect fr
Lara Lee
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This Christain urban fantasy/spiritual warfare novel was probably one of the most fun books I have read in a couple of years! Seriously, if I could give it a bonus star, I would. If you like Frank Peretti's novels, you will love this one more. I had flashbacks of myself in high school reading under the covers all night and trying to take my math exams the next day with no sleep; it was that good.

I started this book mildly intrigued by the whole David's Mighty Men of Valor idea. The concept of th
David Bergsland
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun story! Spiritually, not so much

This another of the "Old Testament descendants with superpowers" plots. Spiritually, they’re very problematic, but the story’s good this time. That's largely because of the characters. The people are likable, intriguing, and believable. It took awhile for the suspension of disbelief to kick in. But, I enjoyed the tale a lot. Entertaining, but only vaguely Christian.
C.S. Wachter
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the premise: Descendants of David’s Mighty Men continuing the fight of good versus evil into the present day. Stephen returns home after being on his own for the last five years, still struggling to understand the strange abilities growing in him that had driven him away. He had tried to use them for good (like his hero Superman) but instead he caused the death of a man he used as a pawn. He now questions if he is a monster. He also battles paranoia; he is certain he is being watched. ...more
Tyrone Harbert
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was indeed an awesome read! Not since I first picked up a copy of Frank Peretti's THIS PRESENT DARKNESS had i been captivated by this genre! I really enjoyed the story and characters; If you enjoy stuff like MORTAL INSTRUMENTS your sure to love this story! i am looking forward to future additions to this tale and anxious to see where the epic is going, this book serves as a good intro...a well savored appetizer that has only made me anticipate the next book!
I will not critique the novel. I
Mike
Apr 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing

The story centers around, Stephen, the main character. In the story, Stephen has abilities which he has discovered, and they are new to him. He tries to find out the why of these new-found abilities. He returns to an old friend to help lead him and direct him along the way. Which way will he turn, towards good or evil? Many twist and turns as Stephen uncovers answers and the new answers just lead to new questions. The journey to discover, control, and understand these new abilities takes him pla
Cassie
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I really loved reading this book! Stephen, the main character, seemed realistic and this book was very hard to stop reading. After I finished reading my first thought was "I can't wait for the next one!" I received this book free with the intention to review, this didn't effect my opinion of the book.
Dawn
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
After developing supernatural powers, Stephen leaves his family behind to make his way in the world and stretch his wings. He soon gets in over his head, and like the prodigal son, he comes home. His adopted father is there waiting on him and turns out to be exactly the right person to help Stephen grow his powers. Stephen begins learning to control his powers while he discovers his heritage and makes new friends. He struggles with protecting his loved ones and with forgiving himself for past mi ...more
Darlene Cruz
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good read to get your supernatural curiosity flowing🤗
Emily
Dec 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: given-to-review
Before starting my review, I would like to mention (and thank) the author for providing me with a copy of his book in exchange for an honest review! My opinions are my own and are in no way shaped by the author.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this book. There were definitely some issues that I had with it and that could be worked on, but by the end of the book, I was seriously interested in the story. I'll start with the positives of my review before going into the negatives that I had.

Positives

1) Th
Shaunna
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome! I enjoy it every time I read it.
Becky Van Daniker
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s rare to find good fantasy novels in Christian fiction so when I heard that “Choice of the Mighty” by Kenyon T. Henry was a young adult Christian fiction fantasy novel, I knew I had to check it out. This was such a fun and probably one of the best books that I have read about spiritual warfare.

When I first started the book, I didn’t really know what I was getting into. I was intrigued when I read that this was based on King David’s Mighty Men of Valor. These are a group of men that King Davi
Barbara Keigher
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I need to say firstly, this is Christian 'fiction'.

I was uncomfortable with the super powers or extra powers of the 'mighty' and the secret society aspect....it reminded me of the Illuminati, the Masons etc.

That being said, I really appreciated the struggle of dealing with any kind of 'gift', being tempted by arrogance, pride, rebellion, trusting in your power ( whatever it may be), and thinking that you know how and what to do with it ( no help from God thank you very much).

Also, the underlyi
Erik Larson
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very easy to read. A good story

I met Keyon at Conooga, in Chattanooga. After talking for just a minute or two, I bought the Kindle version, through my iPad, as we stood there chatting. I told him it’d be a few months before I read it. I’m pleased to see the next book is out.

Choice of the Mighty introductory tale of Stephen, a late-teen who has unusual powers to look into people’s minds. The overall story is his struggle in how to use this power, and for what purpose. Stephen also struggles with
Denise
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyday at work hundreds of emails flood my inbox. One came with a quote at the bottom referencing this book. Email after email and I just had to find the book. No expectations just curiosity. I was really pleased. I enjoyed peeling back the layers to discover truths one by one. People weren't exactly who you thought they were and several became more than I imagined they could be. Spiritually, well, that wasn't my main focus and I was glad that truths were presented with a soft touch and not a ...more
Adriana Gonzalez
This book was so much fun and was a great start to an enlightening and exciting Christian fantasy series that will wrap you up in its magical story.

Stephen has a gift...he can read minds, manipulate people’s thoughts, inhabit their bodies. But this gift comes at a great price: someone or something is out there trying to find him. It wants to destroy Stephen for his powerful gift.

When Stephen returns home to St. Louis, an old friend reveals to him the history behind his ability: he stems from K
Nona Pelfrey
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Henry and getting an autographed copy of the book from him. This was an interesting story with a wonderful premise that I don't believe I have found in a book before. There were a few errors in the book (grammer and spelling) but they in no way detracted from the story. The more I read the more I was drawn into the story. I love the fact that each character was given enough back story so you felt that you knew them. My only problem with this book was that it end ...more
Mary H
Jul 16, 2018 added it
This book makes you know and feel, God Almighty, is alive and well. Through Him, David's Mighty, can defeat the evil in this world. I could hardly wait for the second book to be published. They are very good read...............enjoy them!! Impatiently waiting for the third book. God is Mighty. Believe in Him.
Maggie Pierce
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story

You forget it's a Christian book as Stephen struggles to do the right thing. He does the kind of heroic acts I would with his abilities. The main characters are have are lookalike. Good hearts without being better then others. I want to read the rest of the books. Good ending also
R. E. Henderson
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a... Mighty book! I loved this read and recommend it to others. I can't wait to read the next books in the series!
Lynda Knapp
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable!

I recommend this book. If all of the books in this series are like this one, they will be good, too. I would definitely read more by this author.
Mr N Hopkins
Sep 02, 2018
Rhoadena Johnson
Sep 29, 2018
Kenyon Henry
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine
Randy Harmelink
Aug 31, 2018 marked it as to-read
No rating as I gave up on this one at the 15% mark. I just wasn't enjoying it at all.
Goodreads Librari...: Choice of the Mighty-new cover 3 17 Nov 14, 2017 07:47AM
Christian Books: Free Ebook 1 9 Sep 27, 2017 01:05PM
  • Pandora's Genes (The Pandora's Trilogy) (Volume 1)
  • Nirvana Effect
  • Splintered Energy
  • Island Bluffs
  • Whatever Gods May Be
  • Captives of New Pompeii (New Pompeii, #1)
  • The Curse of Europa
  • Jacinto's Voyage
  • Friday the 13th (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #19)
  • Legend of the Chosen (Destiny's Kingdom #1)
  • Dremiks
  • Howl of the Wolf (Heirs to the Throne, Book 1)
  • In Distress (In Distress, #1)
  • The Woman Who Sparked the Greatest Sex Scandal of All Time
  • Irradiance (The Dream Guild Chronicles, #1)
  • The Eve Genome
  • The Biofab War (Biofab War, #1)
  • Memory's Child
I live in Northwest Georgia with my wife and kids.

Aside from writing, I enjoy the outdoors. Hiking is a favorite and one of the things I'd like to do more of. I also enjoy riding my bike (motorcycle) when I can.

You can check me out on my other social media at the below.

Chronicles of Stephen (2 books)
  • Trials of the Mighty (Chronicles of Stephen Book 2)