Start by marking “Unbound (Brides of the Kindred, #19)” as Want to Read:
Unbound (Brides of the Kindred, #19)

Unbound

(Brides of the Kindred #19)

They tore him from his family, erased his past, even stripped him of his name—all to mold him into the perfect fighting machine and ultimate bodyguard. They call him Varin—the Bound One—and he is utterly devoted to one woman alone, the Princess Brynalla of Galen Prime.

Though he doesn’t know it, Varin is a Vision Kindred—able to see and decimate any enemy’s weakness immedia
ebook
Published March 18th 2017 by Evangeline Anderson

To ask other readers questions about Unbound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unbound

Sophia Triad
Main characters: Varin (ex Bereth) & Princess Brynalla
Type of Kindred bonding: Vision Kindred

I believe that was the darkest story of the series.

If someone compared this book to the first book of the series “Claimed”, he/she would see that they are very different. The series after 19 books have certainly matured. Olivia in book 1 was getting acquainted with the strange aliens that came to the Earth to protect it and to find Brides. The story was playful, funny, naughty and cute and Baird was
L M
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Not my type of book anymore.
Whilst this book will please most of Ms Andersons fans, this series is not what it started out as anymore. Too dark for me.
Be warned this book contains a forced medical rape scene.
I was really not happy with this scene. It may have been done medically but a woman screaming NO and still losing her virginity to a metal tool is wrong on so many counts.
Brynn was a tough cookie and I felt really sorry for the lack of love from those abominations called her parents, or othe
Rachel
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome! This is my favorite Kindred book so far!
Shanda Haffly
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Dawn ♥ romance
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I enjoyed this science fiction romance with an interesting plot and the devoted hero was nice but after awhile the sex scenes got kind of monotonous. I started skimming them which turned it into a pretty good story with plenty of exciting action. At age seven, Varin was turned into a slave and with his unique ability was bonded to baby princess Brynalla then warrior trained to be her bodyguard.
Gizzie
This was the best so far in the series.
Dawn Yacovetta
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The thing I loved most about this one is the fact that the Kindred and his potential mate were in the Blind, a place where few people have entered and returned from. He was a Kindred we hadn't heard of yet, and coming across a new one with a new set of idiosyncrasies was a bonus in my book. Yes, he had some similarities to some of the others, but his heart was in a good place. To see this love cross the class barriers was my favorite part of the book. It was something that wasn't supposed to hap ...more
Sarah Meerkat
3.45

So there is kind of a lot to upnack with this book. Mainly because I read it both critcally and well not.

First things first its been awhile since I read this author. I think I read the first five of this series but I do not recall.

Second I hadn't planned to read this but changed my mind so I could analyse a scene in the book for myself

This book also wasnt as dark as I thought many people had made it out to be. Which made me laugh but also note that just because its not dark or triggering to
Haylie
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindred-series
This is probably one of the most haunting story of the series...

Unbound is not like many of the other kindred stories: It is forboeding, painful, full of despair, and longing. Many scenes are full of shame and careless bragging and hurtful words.

Unbound is very dark. It has many heartbreaking scenes:

* Brynnalla is a baby girl not wanted by her parents for simply being a female. When her brother is born as an heir, she ends up in convent until her eighteenth birthday.
* Brynnalla is constantly bul
Robin
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 19 of the Kindred Bride Series and each book continues to have amazing and unique stories, characters and mesmerizing worlds to get lost in. This book is no exception as we encounter a new evil presence in the Kindred world (huge insects, eww) , the Hive.
We are also introduced to the Vision Kindred (another amazing race of Kindred with special "gifts"),who have unfortunately been dying out as they are so valuable they have been exploited as slaves. As a vision Kindred Varin is a prized sla
Cherie
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Unbound, the latest instalment from Evangeline Anderson’s Brides of Kindred series. As usual she writes in such a way she sucks you in and you can’t put the book down until its finished.
Unbound centres around the Galen Prime Princess, Brynnalla (Brynn) who was whisked off to a convent as a baby due to her royal parents needing an heir not a messy baby to deal with. Yep, such loving parents! Before she leaves they buy a slave that has the talent of being able to bond with her and serve he
Anna
Jul 16, 2017 rated it did not like it
Jaime
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
The book was the usual Kindred stuff. Uptight woman embarrassed by her sexuality coerced into comfort by a Kindred. It would be nice for once to read about a woman who likes sex and is pretty comfortable with her body, that meets a Kindred.

Also I wasn't a fan of the slave aspect. It would've been a nice twist for the Brynn and Varin to not end up together. She was only 18 and lived in a convent up until a few months before meeting him, and his connection to her was forced on him by slavers and
Racy
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just love the Kindred Bride series. With each book we get to see so much creativity from the author.

Varin was a new different type of Kindred that we have not read about before. He is what is called a Vision Kindred. Now the Vision Kindred are very unique. They can be bonded in a way through blood. The blood bond will make the kindred be devoted to that person and protect them with his life.

Varin was a slave at a young age and really did not remember his past due to a chip. I felt sorry for
Lauren
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aliens, erotica, romance
When Princess Brynnalla of Galen Prime was a baby she got a protector. Varin was taken from his home when he was a child and made to become a slave. Being that he is a Vision Kindred, Varin with connect and be bound to the person he gets blood from. That person is Brynn, now bound to protect her Varin wants to do so much more. When Brynn's life is threatened by the Hive to become a Breeding Queen Varin will do anything he can to get her back.

So far this book has been my least favorite in the ser
Melissa
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Time to end series..

I had such a hard time reading this one. I found so many parts ridiculous. I have stuck with series because I have a hard time putting it down and the back story was semi interesting but I think I am done now. Most of these female characters are so annoying, and the kindred not much better. Every book has the female wondering "oh no, I shouldn't do that..." and the kindred tells them how "brave" they are .... ugh and now bees trying to impregnate women. It was bad enough when
Ollie
Mar 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
I really wanted to give this a higher rating because I really like the characters and felt for them, however the whole issue with the insectiod turned my stomach at times. Reading about the plans this creature had was too dark for me.

When I read a Sci-fi romance I want to get lost in the fantasy, not be reminded of the darkness as there is already too much of it at times in the real world. Not looking forward to hearing more about this new "villian" as I found myself grossed out by it. If I want
Mitzi Roadcap
Sci-Fi Romance!

The 19th installment in the Brides of the Kindred series is not my favorite, but it's not a bad read. The story carries forward the new story line with the new threat to Earth by the Hive but I just could not fully like or care about the primary female character, Brynnalla. I'm simply not a fan of the blushing virgin, damsel in distress female in my romance reads. I will continue reading the series because the 18 books before this one has had both strong women as well as men chara
Virginia Miller
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another one hit out of the part!

I've read every one of the Brides of the Kindred books. Each book is a delightful mix of entertaining drama , romance and addicting plot you just can't put down. I don't know how she does it but I'm thrilled she can and continues to never fail writing a winner. Sure wish I could get me a pair of my own twin Kindred! I highly recommend this series to anyone that enjoys a science fiction story filled with action, intrigue, romance with a HEA in each book.
Donna Hokanson
Engaging and Very Entertaining
One of the best books I’ve read. You will not want to start reading too late at night because you will not want to put it down and stop reading. Highly engaging story with lots of different emotions.
This story is about a princess that was sent off to be raise by the Sisters of Chastity and Obedience. Making Princess Brynnalla very naïve in the ways of the real world. Upon returning home her parents want to marry her off to the highest bidder due to the fact they ha
Maritza Knox
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bound by blood

This story was amazing. From the beginning you were kept on the edge of your seat. From the family who didn't care for a girl child. The relationship with our bonded pair. The sexual tension, and to end it all you have a connection that you have no control of. What an amazing time.
Cindy Burrow
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Love these books, so sad yet always a happy ending. The characters are all strong and capable. And the heroin is so sure she is unable to be as strong as she really is. Great storyline but kind of wish the end was a little different. Lol I am a little blood thirsty now we t go squoosh some bugs.
Jeanne Johnston
Mar 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
Charlene
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
A new story line in this one as we see some activity from the menacing Hive. Insectoids...yuck! Some truly horrific stuff here- I won't spoil it for you, but suffice it to say breeding barbs and grubs are involved.

4 ★
Megan
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Evangeline Anderson does not disappoint!

It was an interesting turn of events to read a Kindred book that was completely unaffiliated with Earth or the Mother Ship. The Hive was definitely the stuff of nightmares, but such a good read.
Alethea
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was one of my favorites! I thought I was going to hate it but it was awesome! New villain is gross!!! Bugs!!! Ewww!
Lois Alston
Good book

Lots of excitement, awakening, love, and danger. Learning to stand up for yourself but maybe too late. Finding friends and help when you need it.
Leanne ~ Tales From The Heart
This series always keeps me engrossed in my kindle. Such an imagination this author has.

Half way through the book you'll be thinking ewwwww, not all aliens are hot. Varin is a Kindred, kidnapped from his family to be sold as a slave. He was only a child at the time. He was guard to the Princess Brynn from the time she was born, bonded through blood and dreams.

When it became time to marry her off, for money not love the action kicked in. Just what sort of alien is this suitor? Such an adventure
Theresa
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great story as always from Evangeline. But bugs?! Just the thought makes my skin crawl. Forever grateful for the hea.
Helen
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series
  • The Gladiators (Enslaved, #3)
  • Sister Katherine (Nuns of Europa, #1; World of Kalquor #3.01)
  • Holiday Abduction (Alien Abduction, #6)
  • Water World Confidential (TerraMates, #3)
  • Temptation of the Butterfly (Zhang Dynasty, #2)
  • Owned by the Elf
  • Star Warrior (Star Warrior, #1)
  • The Keeper Finds Her Mate (Keeper of Wolves, #2)
  • Mine! (New World, #8)
  • Secured Mail (Mail Call #2)
  • Enemy Overnight (Aliens Overnight #2)
Evangeline Anderson is a registered MRI tech who would rather be writing. And yes, she is nerdy enough to have a bumper sticker that says “I’d rather be writing.” Honk if you see her! She is thirty-something and lives in Florida with a husband, a son, and two cats. She had been writing erotic fiction for her own gratification for a number of years before it occurred to her to try and get paid for ...more

Brides of the Kindred (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Claimed (Brides of the Kindred, #1)
  • Hunted (Brides of the Kindred, #2)
  • Sought (Brides of the Kindred, #3)
  • Found (Brides of the Kindred, #4)
  • Revealed (Brides of the Kindred, #5)
  • Pursued (Brides of the Kindred, #6)
  • Exiled (Brides of the Kindred, #7)
  • Shadowed (Brides of the Kindred,  #8)
  • Chained (Brides of the Kindred, #9)
  • Divided (Brides of the Kindred, #10)