Start by marking “Tell Me (Me, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tell Me (Me, #1)

Tell Me

(Love Me #1)

Shy bookstore owner Jane Finch grew up hiding in the margins of her own life while her vibrant, adventure-loving sister, Samantha, dominated every plotline. She’s made peace with it, unlike Sam’s business partner, Caleb, who’s always nudging Jane to go after what she really wants. Why should she care what blunt, brash Caleb thinks? They’ve never had much in common, except ...more
Published October 1st 2017 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Tell Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell Me

Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

Oh my Lord! I have been in a bit of a book slump this year, I have read so many books that feel the same and are so forgetful that I was starting to lose hope. I have been much braver though, and I have tried many new authors that I haven't read before, and it's been great to find so much talent that I was always too stuck in my ways to try before now.

When this book popped up to read on the Kindle First program, I decided to take a look at the blurb and then went for it. I the
Geri Reads
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

First off, thank you Arabella ~♡AB♡~'s review for bringing this book and this author to my attention. I enjoyed this book so much. I cried and laugh, and let me tell you that I've never rooted so hard for a couple as much as I did with Jane and Caleb.

Both are deeply flawed and complex characters whose differences might be too great that love might not be enough!

Yes, you read that right! There were moments in the book where I was like...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Why? Because the conflict is that good. Simple
Chan
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Buddy Read with Hanne

This is not really a review, this is me needing to vent. I finished this 4 days ago and waited to write a review hoping that I will calm down, but NOPE, I'M STILL A LITTLE SALTY.

Beware - Spoiler Ahead | MCs - Caleb and Jane

Caleb left Jane in a different country. Like literally drove off and left her in another country by herself!
description/

Authors, there are some actions that are irredeemable. This would be one of them.
description/

The jerk didn't even have the decency to call and make sure she w
Jen
3 Man of My Dreams Stars

“I think about the snow falling outside and your Harry Potter pajamas and how goddamn beautiful you looked. I think about your nails on my back and your legs around my waist. I think about sinking inside you and wanting to stay there forever. I think about the look on your face when you came.”

Bookish and quiet Jane has always lived life on the sidelines while her fun and vivacious older sister, Sam, chose to live her life balls to the wall, pedal to the medal loud. Sam an
Jemima
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
FOR GOODREADS

tell me1

Title: Tell me
Author: Abigail Strom
Genre: Romance Contemporary
Publishing date: October 1, 2017

I was going through a major reading slump... For a person who loves to read. There is nothing worst than a reading slump. I've read so many books this past month yet nothing felt right. There were times where I had this fear of not being able to enjoy reading after buying all the books you know your are going to like and from authors who's work you've been obsessing about. Yes, to some that might s
Mandi Schreiner
Oct 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: cowboy, contemporary
This book has a lot of cute moments - a very cute hero and heroine who are friends but firmly friends - no hanky panky. Anne of Green Gables is mentioned a lot and Jane owns a bookstore! She is more of a dreamer where Caleb, our hero is an adventurer. He travels the world taking people on adventures. Jane thinks he is crazy - the thought of a simple hike holds no attraction to her at all. Caleb grew up on a farm, so he also has a cowboy vibe going on - wears a stetson, jeans and boots. AND his h ...more
Carlene Inspired
Caleb is a handsome cowboy and Sam's best friend, Sam is the sassy and energetic adventurer, and Jane, Jane is Sam's little sister and resident Plain Jane book owner. Jane has accepted her role, accepted that she's different than her sister, and accepted that her life is most exciting when she's living in a book. She's found a certain kind of happiness, a happiness that works for her, but it's shaken up by Caleb's visit and request. She's adamant about not joining them on a hike, not even for Sa ...more
Carol
4+ stars.
I picked this up on Netgalley, it sounded interesting and after reading I am so glad that I did. This is a new author for me.
I really liked this book on so many levels. Great story and wonderfully complex characters as well as author's beautiful and unique writing style. She really tastefully handled all the deep and traumatic scenes in a way that was mature and very real.
As I read more of this book it was clear that the initial impressions I formed of Jane and Caleb were just scratch
Syndi
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
What I like about this book:
1. The story. It is a very sweet story.
2. The contrast between the characters. Jane is more loner but she is centered. Caleb is adventurous and more impulsive. And the author done a good job bringing these 2 characters together.
3. The push and pull makes me smile. Especially when Caleb ends up listening to the whole audio book.

What I think need improvement:
1. Wording. The wording does not flow nicely. I feel it is rigid and the wording can be edited to show more dr
-ya
Oct 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Likable characters? Yes
Depressing ? No. (view spoiler)

Tell Me delivered a good blend of humor and opposite-attraction romance without filler or fluff. It is kind of sweet that Anne of Green Gables occasionally popped up in my mind throughout the book. A surprisingly good read:)
*TANYA*
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was pleasantly surprised by this book, slow simmer romance. Friends to lovers, full of self discovery. I liked the chemistry of the 2 main characters, both had issues but they managed to deal and open up to each other.
Amy
Any book with a heroine who owns a bookstore will get my attention. And I’m so glad I read this one. I loved the dynamic of the characters as they came together. The whole relationship with Caleb was handled well. The pacing was good. I thought the fact that the character of the sister is so integral to the plot was unique and interesting. Both Jane and Caleb were well rounded characters – with flaws and complexities. I love that they didn’t feel like cardboard characters you sometimes see in ro ...more
Samantha Larkin
Sep 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a nice little read that I got with Prime!

A little book shop owner and her cowboy friend both deal with lost together!

I think they may have spent more time apart than they did together (with gaps off page) which wasn't great since these two were supposed to have known each other for many years, yet when their was a death in the family, they both just kind of ran from each other (or the H did at least, travelling to Australia for so many months)

A good 3 star read.
Jultri
Jane has been living in her vivacious older sister's shadow all her life. She's the quiet, conservative book nerd to Samantha's sparkling, larger-than-life personality and many athletic achievements. Her sister's Amazonian height and matching beauty have always attracted men, while Jane's own pretty looks are far more understated and definitely not in the same league. In fact, more than one man had moved his attention from Jane to Sam, as soon as the introductions were made. Jane has no real exp ...more
Yvonne
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, 2018
This was a very enjoyable read.
Margo
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is surprisingly good. The h is a really likable character who is an introverted bookstore owner who also wants to be a writer, and the H is an outdoors adventurer/expedition guide. He's deeply in love with her, but has more issues than Playboy (although being a playboy isn't really one of them, at least not in this book) along with a really patronizing and annoying habit of treating the h like she isn't leading a full life because she doesn't care to go for treks in Nepal (considering ...more
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
A cute opposites attract novel. It was really angsty though, so many outside factors pushing the leads apart and together. Sometimes i just wanted them to be to discover each other a little better. The story was good though, deep and thoughtful, sometimes funny and cute. A little sexy and a lot sad.
melissafandomworld
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh, where to start with this review? It's been in the making for quite a while now, since I finished this book in December '17 and haven't written a review until now, because I couldn't find the right words back then to do the book justice.

What I love most about Tell Me is that it doesn’t rely on fancy plot twists or a lot of sex scenes to pull readers in. Don't get me wrong; I love sex scenes and sexiness is still Very present in this book but this book is really all about the feels and about
Sania
Standalone/Cliffhanger: Standalone but part of a series
Ages of H and h: h is 27 and H is 30?
Multi-Luv'n/Ménages: (view spoiler)
Was There Descriptive Sex: (view spoiler)
Descriptive Sex &/Or Drama Between H/h With OW/OM: (view spoiler)
>>If So, Before or After H/h Hookup: (view spoiler)
Contains Cheating: (view spoiler)
Amount of Sex In The Book: (view spoiler)
Bwmurf
Oct 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a sweet story

This was a good read, I love when a heroine is clueless to the heroes feelings towards her. The mentions of Anne of Green Gables brought back great memories.
Helen
Sep 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
I can't believe I read the same book as other reviewers. It was predictable, depressing and tedious along with some cringeworthy descriptions and dialogue. It was more a teen novel or bad Mills and Boon than a modern romance novel that the Kindle First description made it out to be.

I rarely read romance and now I know why! I was just lucky it was a short book.
Ivy Deluca
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

The Good. You know those romances where the hero and heroine are complete opposites and yet it doesn’t matter because nothing else matters besides the romance? This, is not that book, and I appreciated that. I’m glad I took my GR friend Geri’s recommendation to check out this book, so I’d like to pay it forward and I’ll tell you what I loved (and didn’t love) about this tale.

The chemistry between Jane and Caleb is there from the very beginning. I loved their conversations, and the history Ms. St
B.A. Wilson
Nov 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
It's not a bad read. I enjoyed it overall, even though I wish some things had been developed better. It held my attention just enough, but it's missing that something extra that I'm always looking for in a story.

Still, it has an MC who loves books, and a modern cowboy who is a thrill seeker, so all of that leans towards fun. Plus, it has a whole Anne of Green Gables thread, and who doesn't love that? If you're a book nerd, you might enjoy this one.
Tami
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, strom-a
Keep your tissues at the ready! Nice friends to lovers contemporary romance. It even has a bit of an "Anne of Green Gables" theme running in the background.

Carolyn's
Sep 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Jane - living in the shadow of the vibrant, athletic, outgoing and beautiful sister Samantha.

Jane- plain, owner of a bookstore, smart, funny, sarcastic, compassionate, loyal, a beautiful sister.

While Jane's sister is out globetrotting with her business partner Caleb on expeditions and living life to the fullest, Jane runs her own successful business enjoys her friends- she's content. When Caleb and Sam breeze back into town we get a glimpse of the sweet bond between sisters and how much they lo
E-Reader Addict
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love romance stories. It’s what I want to read. But sometimes, even if a story ends up being light on the romance, I end up loving it anyway. And books like Tell Me...ones that take me on a couple’s journey of discovery and growth outside of their relationship together...they’re the reason why I love reading.

Jane Finch spent her whole life feeling plain and insignificant next to her sister Sam, who was vibrant and lively. Her life as the owner of a bookstore seemed quiet and boring compared to
Lucy
Feb 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've had this book for a while but I finally read it for this reading challenge I'm doing. This is a romance book and definitely not what I was expecting from the cover.

In this book, Jane is a bookworm and a dreamer, always looking for the perfect, bookish man. Caleb, her sister's business partner and honorary brother, is the exact opposite of what she told herself she always wanted. When tragedy strikes, they're left to pick up the pieces and absorb the changes in their relationship.

Jane and
Romance Rehab
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
All reviews originally posted on the blog: http://www.romancerehab.com/blog/tell-me

I’m a big fan of Abigail Strom. She writes romances that are a little bit sweet, a little bit funny, a little bit sexy, and a whole lot emotional. Her books are always quick, easy reading that kind of reminds me of comfort food. (You know, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes and gravy, chicken and dumplings...that kind of thing) Tell Me is no different. It's a friends-to-lovers romance, with a bit of a second-chance r
Katherine Paschal
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemp-romance
Jane has always been the plain boring younger sister, overshadowed by her gorgeous vivacious older sister Sam. Sam's business partner Caleb has always seen Jane though, but he will never act on his feelings. When a devastating tragedy brings them together unexpectedly, the two have to figure out what they want from life- and if they want each other.

I do love romances narrated by both the love interests, it really helps me to get invested and see the whole picture. Their romance was just so desti
Becky
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, arc
I was a little worried that this book wouldn't have enough time to deal with the pretty weighty issues that it promised to contain--the grief of losing a loved one, the guilt associated with often resenting that same loved one, and two people who really do seem to be pretty opposite finding a way to work things out together--because 1) it wasn't that long and 2) the losing of the loved one doesn't happen until about 1/3 of the way in. How could everything that needs to be done realistically get ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• On the Line (Milwaukee Dragons, #1)
  • Breathless (Yoga in the City #1)
  • The Decoy Date (The Wedding Date #4)
  • Hot Pursuit
  • Storming the Castle
  • Hard To Stay (Hard #2)
  • The Unprotected
  • Must Love Babies (Must Love Babies #1)
  • Suddenly Mine (Montgomery Brothers, #8)
  • Intercepting the Chef (How to Score, #1)
  • America's Sweetheart (Real Love, #5)
  • The Breakup (The Jordan Brothers)
  • Don't Call Me Sweetheart (Something Borrowed #1)
  • Best of Luck (Lucky #3)
  • Flare Up (Boston Fire, #6)
  • Illegally Yours (Laws of Attraction, #2)
  • Big Stick (Aces Hockey, #7)
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
Abigail Strom started writing stories at the age of seven and has never been able to stop. She lives in New England with her family, who are incredibly supportive of the hours she spends hunched over her computer. She loves to hear from readers and can be reached at abigail@abigailstrom.com.

Like all writers I'm a reader, too, and that's why I'm on Goodreads. I read everything, but especially roman

Love Me (2 books)