Start by marking “Then Came You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Then Came You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #0.5)

Then Came You

(Bradford Sisters Romance #0.5)

A leather-bound journal. A single father. A woman in pursuit of freedom.

Garner Bradford, heir to the troubled Bradford Shipping empire, doesn't know much about babies. But he's going to have to learn fast because he's just become a single father to his newborn daughter. As he confesses through his journal entries, he's not entirely sure how to keep a newborn alive, whether
Published March 7th 2017 by Becky Wade (first published March 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Then Came You, please sign up.
Karin Stout You may have already found this out but I found this book on her website. Www.beckywade.com Its a free download!…moreYou may have already found this out but I found this book on her website. Www.beckywade.com It’s a free download!(less)

Start your review of Then Came You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #0.5)
Kate Willis
Sep 21, 2019 marked it as unfinished
DNF at 30%

At least when I threw my Kindle it landed on the couch.
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novella, read-2018
I can't help it, I love books written in an epistolatory format, so it should be no surprise that this novella, written through journal entries, phone calls, and letters, was a treat to read. I laughed at the description of a newborn, I had lumps in my throat due to such ugly sin, I read spiritual truths, and I found the romance to be realistically sweet. I think this novella did a great job at entertaining and prepping the reader for the entire upcoming series.
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great introduction to the Bradford Sisters series! I feel like I have a good understanding of the history and personalities of characters that will play an important role in the upcoming novels.
Hannah
I just found out about this novella a day or two ago, and got all excited about it. I got a whim to see if it was listed on iBooks yet and how much it was going to cost....and, though Goodreads says it comes out on the 7th, there it was, on the 2nd, and free! :) I was seized with the unreasonable fear that it was some mistake and might disappear come morning, so of course I had to open it up and read it right away!

Awwww, this is exactly what I needed today! I just finished a library book earlier
Beth
Audio review, 3/6/18
Just finished listening to the audio of Then Came You - it is excellent! The narrators are spot on for the characters and have very pleasant, emotive voices. Once again, I love the Wade can give readers a story that is both realistic and hopeful. I'm even more eager to read Book two of the series! Highly recommend this audio version for sure!

Kindle review, 2017
This is such a fun read - I love that it was all told through letters, journals entries and phone calls - Becky Wade
Emilee
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This short and sweet novella was a hit for me! Five stars! Becky Wade just has a gift and thankfully we can all be blessed by it!
Caitlyn Santi
May 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was such a great novella! I really enjoyed this introduction to the Bradford Sisters Romance, and I can't wait to start True To You! I really enjoy an epistolary story when I find one, it's not the most popular manner in which to write a story, but it's a method that I really enjoy, and I think it was the perfect choice for this novella!
I felt very invested in the story and couldn't wait to see what would happen next. This is a novella so it made for a fast read, but the story packed every
Carrie Turansky
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this novella and look forward to reading the rest of the series. The style, using letters, texts, and phone messages, was very creative and well done. I was captivated by the characters and plot. Well done!
Anne
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wade has written an engaging novella through journal entries, texts, and phone messages. I couldn't put this book down! My heart was tugged more than once and I do believe this will be one I will read again. Strong romantic elements and a powerful redemption theme. I'm looking forward to the rest of this series. The novella was free on Kindle.
Toni Shiloh
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh my stars!! This novella reminded me of why I read Becky Wade. Since this book is short, I worried that there wouldn't be enough information to fill my romance-reading heart, but I had nothing to fear.

Ms. Wade had me emotionally involved from the opening letter. And I LOVED that this was done in letter style. Kind of reminded me of Dear. Mr. Knightley in that aspect. But the style, the words, the characters are all signature Becky Wade. You'll love them and then wait with abated breath for
Rachel
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-on-kindle
This was a sweet contemporary Christian romance novel. I enjoyed the characters and their development. I did find the writing style to be occasionally jarring, especially the phone conversations that read like a direct transcription of the exchanges. I will likely read the rest of the series sometime now that I am in love with this little family.
Jen. (JenGalaxy4 Christian Book Reviews)
Wow! So hard to put down. So raw and gripping. I loved this!
Brittany
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
UPDATED REVIEW FOR AUDIO BOOK:
I am such a fan of audio books! Lately, my favorites have been contemporary Christian stories. I just finished listening to Then Came You by Becky Wade and I can without a doubt say that it is one of the best audio books I have ever heard.

It is read by two narrators, with Garner read by a man and Kathleen read by a woman. And they are spot on! I read this story on Kindle last year, so I had an idea in my mind about how these two should sound. Usually I have to get
Lyn
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone who enjoys contemporary romance
I ALWAYS love Becky Wade's romances. Her lively characters pop off the page and into my heart. And her dialogue hits the mark--true to life yet memorable. This is an unusual style book for the 21st century-an epistletary (hope I spelled that right! '-)novle. The narrative progresses in the form of letters and journal entries and transcribed phone calls. Many (most) authors would have trouble giving life to this form. (Not Becky) BTW, it is the oldes form of novel writing like 18th century-old ...more
Dnf at 34%.

The writing style is not for me. Im glad I found that out before I became invested in this series. Theres too much telling, not enough showing and the characters are flat.
Madison
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Then Came You is an utterly charming romance told through letter fragments, diary entries, and phone conversations.

Then Came You is the prequel novella to Becky Wade's new series, Bradford Sisters Romance. At first I was a little confused about how this story fit with the books in the series. Then I realised that this story is set a few decades prior to the first book in the series and Garner, our main male character, is actually the father of the Bradford sisters, around whom the series is
Kav
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A stunning novella that introduces Becky Wade's Bradford Sisters series. It's been offered free on Kindle off and on since it's release in March but if you are looking for a paperback copy to add to your keeper shelf along with the rest of the series (as the books release) read on!

I love the format of this story -- it's told through letters, phone messages, notes and journaling as well as some hysterically funny telephone conversations between Kathleen and her best friend, Rose. There's angst
Sheila Holmes
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just loved this one!
Delightful... Delicious... De-Lovely!
Cara Putman
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this novella and can't wait to get into the series. This is written in an epistolatory style, but actually kept moving well. A quick read and very enjoyable.
Lydia Howe
Courtney
May 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
I have mixed feelings about this novel, for the way it was written was different but I felt that it took away from the powerful story line in play.

The letters, the phone conversations, and the diary entries were all wonderful at telling the first person's point-of-view; however, the deeper underlining meaning was drowned out with the complexity in which the book was written.

I feel that there is so much more that could have been, should have been, said and was left out. Years were jumped over,
Cat B The Reader
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Then Came You by Becky Wade was a great read. What a wonderful and interesting spin on a Novella. I loved how the story was told in either a journal, text, letter or phone call. It did take me a chapter or two to get used to it but once I did I couldn't put it down. It showed what the character's were thinking and feeling in a different light. And I loved the unique and different way that Becky Wade sets up the Bradford Sisters Romance series with this Novella. Note: I don't think you have to ...more
Andrea Boyd
Apr 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I didn't like the journal/letter writing style. And there was one incident in the book that was shocking in a way, that seemed unnecessary. But I loved the characters. They touched my heart and made me want to keep reading. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Kathy
Apr 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
This book has really likable characters. But I struggled a little with the writing style. It's done in journal entries, messages and conversations retelling what happened. It left me feeling like I'd missed out on actually seeing something happen. And it felt like big chunks of the story were missing. It's a prequel novella to a series about Garner's children. I am looking forward to reading that new series.
3.5 Stars

Content: Clean
Source: Amazon Freebie
R.J. Rodda
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Light fun short read told through letters, emails, journal entries and phone call. My favorite character was the mother!
Cayla
Mar 20, 2017 rated it liked it
good introduction to the Bradford Sisters series, but I had a hard time being emotionally invested. Mainly that was due to the format of letters, phone calls, etc. And combined with a novella length, it's pretty much just an information dump. Still, it sets up the series and I'm excited to dive into it!
steph
So judging by the reviews I am in the minority here but I did not like this book. I forced myself to finish it because I have the first Bradford Sisters checked out from the library and the prequel was online from Amazon (Kindle) for free and I wanted to start at the beginning (apparently this is the Bradford sisters "parents" story) but wow. Just wow. This book was all over the place.

This novella is short and told in epistolary style (mostly journal entries, letters, phone messages, phone
Fiction Aficionado
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eep! When I saw this had just downloaded this morning I thought I'd just take a peek at the first few pages; get a feel for what it was going to be like. One and a half hours later and... oops! I just finished it! And now I can't wait for True to You to release!

This novella was a bit of an experiment for Becky Wade, because it's done in an epistolary (letter) format, and I have to admit, I wondered how well it would work. Considering I forgot to put my iPad down after the first few pages, I
Beth Erin
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First Line Friday feature on Faithfully Bookish http://www.faithfullybookish.com/book...

Okay, so the first line is a bit of a downer but Im just going to say, hello, handsome to that cover! Im super excited about this series first of all, its written by BECKY WADE!!! AND it is set in the land of my heart, the majestic Pacific northwest!!! And since I dont live there (yet), I try to visit as often as possible in person but frequently in books!

This novella tells the stories of the Bradford
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Christmas Heirloom: Four Holiday Novellas of Love Through the Generations
  • Now and Then and Always (Maple Valley, #1)
  • Finding Joy (Love's Compass #5)
  • Leaving November (Clayburn #2)
  • A Twist of Faith (Mitchell's Crossroads, #1)
  • Jane by the Book
  • Sanctuary (Murrells Inlet Miracles Book 1)
  • Three Little Words (Walker Family, #0.5)
  • Judith's Place (Dreams of Plain Daughters #2)
  • Wait for Me (Montana Rescue, #6)
  • When You Look at Me (Pleasant Gap Romance #2)
  • Temporary Bride (Dakota Brides #1)
  • The Sleigh on Seventeenth Street (Three Rivers Ranch Romance, #14)
  • Up from the Sea (Whose Waves These Are, #0.5)
  • All Made Up
  • Just the Way You Are (Pleasant Gap Romance, #1)
  • For Love of Liberty (Silver Lining Ranch, #0.5)
  • The Shepherd's Voice
During her childhood in California, Becky frequently produced homemade plays starring her sisters, friends, and cousins. These plays almost always featured a heroine, a prince, and a love story with a happy ending. She's been a fan of all things romantic ever since.

Becky and her husband lived overseas in the Caribbean and Australia before settling in Dallas, Texas. It was during her years abroad

Bradford Sisters Romance (3 books)
  • True to You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #1)
  • Falling for You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #2)
  • Sweet on You (A Bradford Sisters Romance, #3)

Related Articles

“Every night, I sit in the rocking chair in the nursery when I give Willow her bedtime bottle. Tonight, I burped her halfway through her feeding like always. Then I sat her on my knees facing me and made funny faces. She looked right into my eyes. And she smiled. She’s ten weeks old and she just gave me her very first smile. I wish I’d taken a picture. I’m probably supposed to be documenting everything better for her baby book or whatever. She’s going to have a terrible baby book. But at least she’ll have a father who loves her. Because when she smiled at me tonight, I finally felt it. Love. A rush of love. I was so blown away by it I laughed, which made her smile at me even more. Then I hugged her small body and breathed in the smell of her Johnson’s baby shampoo. I could feel her heartbeat. Up until tonight, I was pretty sure Willow didn’t like me, and I understood why she didn’t. I didn’t blame her for resenting the idiot, bumbling guy who started doing for her all the things her gorgeous, familiar mother had done before. But tonight . . . tonight my little girl smiled at me. She gave her very first smile to me because I’m her person now. I’m her daddy and, in her way, I think she might love me, too. When I laid her against the inside of my elbow to feed her the rest of her bottle, her hand made a fist in the fabric of my shirt. She watched me as she drank down her formula. I’m tired and lonely. Parenting is far more difficult than I understood when I was a son and not yet a father. I miss my freedom and my friends and the life I had before Sylvie told me she was pregnant. I miss who I used to be. But tonight my daughter, a tiny girl in pink pajamas, smiled at me. Because I’m her person. Letter” 1 likes
“KATHLEEN: I think I’m falling for Garner Bradford. ROSE: What! Hang on a minute. Let me pass the baby to Henry so I can concentrate on this conversation. One sec. Okay. I’m in my bedroom with the door closed. You’re falling for Garner Bradford? KATHLEEN: I’ve been trying hard not to and I’ve been doing an okay job of it, but the company held one of its family barbecue picnics this afternoon. I went and he was there with his girls and it melted me. Seeing him with them. ROSE: More details, please. KATHLEEN: I was talking with one of the women from accounting when I spotted him getting into the food line with the girls. I excused myself and hurried over because it looked like he could use an extra hand. He can’t very well hold three plates at once, right? ROSE: Right. KATHLEEN: I ended up filling his daughter Willow’s plate. ROSE: Which one is Willow? KATHLEEN: The older one. She’s four. Nora, the younger one, is two. After I carried Willow’s plate to their table, Garner was sort of honor-bound to invite me to join them. So I sat down, and when I looked across the table, I saw that Garner had a burger exactly like mine. We both chose the bun with sesame seeds. We both put tomatoes and pickles and grilled onions and ketchup and mustard on ours. ROSE: Let me guess. Neither one of your burgers had lettuce. KATHLEEN: Exactly! No lettuce. ROSE: It sounds like fate. KATHLEEN: That’s what I thought. It felt more and more like fate the longer I sat there. Willow is serious and quiet. Nora is sweet and busy. They’re gorgeous little girls, Rose. ROSE: I’m sure they are. KATHLEEN: And Garner was wonderful with them. He used a wet wipe to clean their hands. He cut their hot dogs into tiny pieces. He brought their sippy cups out of his bag. He redid Willow’s ponytail when it started to sag. The girls look at him like he hung the moon. ROSE: And by the time you finished your lettuce-free hamburger, you were looking at him like he hung the moon, too. KATHLEEN: Yes. ROSE: Mm-hmm. KATHLEEN:” 0 likes