Start by marking “Wicked (Shaye Archer #4)” as Want to Read:
Wicked (Shaye Archer #4)

Wicked (Shaye Archer #4)

4.51  ·  Rating details ·  1,175 Ratings  ·  81 Reviews
The fourth book in the Shaye Archer series by New York Times bestselling author Jana DeLeon.

College student Tara Chatry is certain something bad has happened to her best friend Ethan Campbell. The smart, geeky student has disappeared, and when Tara tries to get the police involved, they dismiss her concerns, convinced Ethan is just another college student off on a bender.
Published February 28th 2017 by J&R Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Wicked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wicked

Elisa Hordon
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Again I couldn't put it down
Again wishing for more than 5 stars

Shaye Archer has to be one of my all time favourite book heroines and she has become my number 1 book heroine from Jana Deleon and that is saying a lot because I absolutely love all of Jana's female characters but Shaye has something extra special she is tough, with a soft sweet centre, Shaye is so good at her job her intuition never fails her and I really love her never give up attitude.

Can I also jump up and down in excitement like
Marsha
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What can I say? Jana De Leon continues to amaze me with her creativity and excellent writing style. She has me hooked on two of her series, Shaye Archer and the Miss Fortune series. I am quite confident that once I get a chance to read any of her other series I will be equally addicted as well.

In "Wicked" Shaye and her mother have returned to Atlanta amidst the uproar of her grandfather's suicide. They are doing all they can to avoid the media but that isn't easy when they are camped out on your
Sylvia
May 01, 2017 rated it liked it
4th installment in the Shaye Archer series picks up where book 3 leaves off. Shaye and her mother have just returned from an extended trip following Shaye’s cracking the case of her own kidnapping and physical abuse and the gradual return of her memories of her time in captivity. Just after her return, she takes on the case of a missing university student which is tied to a series of other disappearances and deaths. From there it's a pretty standard whodunit. The interesting revelation of the bo ...more
Lisa Coots
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great mystery!

I wasn't sure how the series would go forward with Shaye solving the mystery of her past in the last installment, but apparently there is more. Great storyline and suspense!
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Shaye and her mother are back in town after two months of being gone. They both know they can't avoid the media circus forever, but they are going to try to get their lives back.

But before Shaye has even been in town a day she is being offered a new case. A college kid is missing, and as time goes on she realizes that this case may be connected to other murders and disappearances. She has to work with the detectives again before it is too late.

Along th
Renea Westlyn
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Cliffhangers

These cliffhangers are gonna be the death of me!!! I haven't been this sucked into a series in Forever! Urgh!
Bunni
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 5??!!
Heather Mashnouk brandon
I have enjoyed this series as an easy read/beach read series. The writing is easy to follow, the premise, location, and characters are interesting enough to maintain attention. I typically dislike reading unfinished series because one never knows if the author will live to finish it out and not knowing would bother me (still traumatized by Stephen King's huge accident before the end of the Dark Tower Series). However I read with interest the first three books that chronicled Shaye Archer and all ...more
Dawn Gee
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very good continuation of series

This series gets better and better with each book. The victims are sad but the mystery is very suspenseful. I'm really curious about what Corrine is thinking about doing now. I'm excited with the little bit of progress with the romance between Shaye and Jackson. Jackson understands that after the years of brutal torture, he has to take it slow with Shaye. I can't wait to see if Shaye's memory is accurate or not.
Mary
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Another great entry in the Shaye Archer series. This book was able to evoke a myriad of emotions in me as I read it. I found myself truly caring about the characters. It's a rare story that is able to cause me to be so invested. And the mystery was up to Ms. Deleon's usual top notch standards. Several blind alley's and multiple suspects kept me guessing throughout. I'm thrilled the next book will be out later this year. Great reading. Great mystery. Highly recommended!
Sharon
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
In the latest Shaye Archer novel, Shaye and her mother have returned to New Orleans (they left at the end of the previous book, in the wake of a family scandal following a crime spree). Shaye doesn't plan to take on any new clients, but when college student Tara Chatry shows up at her office asking for help in finding a missing classmate, Shaye doesn't hesitate.

This book has one of the creepiest scenarios yet: the killer is choosing his next victim based on whether or not they can solve the clue
Patrícia  Ferreira
May 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Another interesting book, but not as good as the previous ones (maybe it was because I was reading several books at the same time...).
Anyway, Shaye is back to business and she's got another case. Ethan Campbell, a college geek, is missing and his worried friend, Tara Chatry, asks her help. Meanwhile, two college students are found dead.
The book ends with another cliffhanger, which is always great, however, because that information was mentioned during the story it didn't have the impact it sh
Book-Lover Book Blog
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow. Wow. Wow!! Another incredible addition to the series! Hooked from the very first page, I struggled to put it down. The characters were amazing and well described. The story itself keeps you on the edge of your seat just like previous books in the series.

I feel the author took this one to a whole new level of amazingness and really knows how to write an incredible psychological thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seats.

It's well planned, well thought out and incredibly written.
Teresa
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The fourth book in this series is just as great as the first three! The reader experiences Shaye's healing process right along with her, and it is indeed a ride. Shaye love life is blooming too, and it's incredible! After Shaye regained her memory of her horrible past, she and her mother leave the country for an extended period of time. She's isn't back one day, and her next client is knocking on her door, asking for help the police won't give her. Super hard to put down, and I can't wait for th ...more
Sandee
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
And life goes on. Shaye is back from the overwhelming discovery of her past and ready to get back to helping those who can’t get help anywhere else. University students are disappearing and some are dying. A serial killer is making it a very deadly game. The mystery is a good one and Jana’s characters continue to grow. Action, romance and humour fill out the story around the mystery. Highly recommended.
Rhonda
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Good

I have been reading this series straight for two days and want more, but now have wait.
Shaye Archer has had a hard life but she keeps fighting. She is a new P.I. Who has a trust fund. She can help those that can't afford to pay. She gets a college student who is concerned about a missing friend. Shaye finds that there is more than one student missing.
This a darker series, but good.
Toni
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!!!! What a story! There's certainly more to Shaye Archer than anyone knew. This is book 4 and I think there's a lot more to tell.

Jana DeLeon writes in such a way that you truly can't put the book down. I hated to come to the end. Now that I know there is a 5th book coming, I'll be on pins and needles waiting on it.
amy todd
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

Brilliant as ever I can't get enough of shaye and Jackson! her sharp mind and fierce attitude, her adapt manner of catching killers and the like aleays Keep me hooked! I love it... can't wait for the next instalment!!
Kathy Steiner
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

I really enjoy reading this State Archer series. I was able to figure out the villain in this story, but that's probably because I've been reading these books one after another!
Crystal L Archer
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well written

This book is well written and fast paced. The characters are an eclectic mix dealing with complex situations in their own way. They valiantly fight through their fears trying to untangle the twisted motivation of a serial killer.
Maureen
Aug 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shaye Archer seems credible as a PI and this book was a good one...great plot..good ending....my one criticism is how many times does it have to be mentioned Shaye had bad things happen to her, the news media will find her and finally does...that was really overblown...otherwise a good read..
Olivia Dannon
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series

It's a suspense that is well written and entertaining! It has to be the slowest moving romance ever but is a great adventure! Very good read! I recommend reading the books in order.
Normandy
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I love this series.

Wicked is the fourth book in the Shaye Archer series. I think what I enjoy the most are the characters. It's easy to get lost in their stories. This also brings out my inner detective.
Kimberlyn j grimes
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Hum-finger!

Another great Shaye Archer! The plot, the characters and the series all flow nicely together with page turning suspense. This book was zeroed right in on the action at the very first page.
Roger
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the fourth book of the series and have really enjoyed each one. Looking forward to the next in late 2017 as mentioned. Highly recommend this series, as well as the other series of her books.
Temica
Jun 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was good down to the last word! It kept me guessing. I am glad another book will come out the end of this year. I can hardly wait. I am little sad now that I just finished. Didn't want it to end.
Karen
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm hooked on this series and can't wait until he next book comes out! Very strong female main character and a plot that grabs you from the beginning. I am also going to read her other series- Miss Fortune.
Jeff Stevens
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book in a series with a compelling backstory, good characters and good mysteries. The main character, Shaye Archer, had a horrifying childhood, revealed in the first three books, and now works as a private detective.
Barbara
May 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have really enjoyed the development of the main character, Shaye Archer. This book continues her journey as a PI helping those who lack resources, and it continues to reveal her life. I can't wait to read the next book.
Sandi Blaylock
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love Jana

I can never get enough of her books. Her writing is phenomenal. I'm hooked from the beginning. You need to pick any of her series of books you won't be disappointed. Luv luv luv her‼‼‼
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Jana DeLeon was raised in southwest Louisiana among the bayous and gators. Her hometown is Carlyss, but you probably won't find it on a map. Her family owned a camp located on a bayou just off the Gulf of Mexico that you could only get there by boat. The most important feature was the rope hammock hanging in the shade on a huge deck that stretched ou ...more
More about Jana Deleon

Shaye Archer (6 books)
  • Malevolent (Shaye Archer #1)
  • Sinister (Shaye Archer #2)
  • Diabolical (Shaye Archer #3)
  • Unseen (Shaye Archer #5)
  • Dreadful (Shaye Archer #6)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Mr. Paradise
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Lord Peter Views the Body (Lord Peter Wimsey, #4)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
  • The Marriage Pact
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
  • Sometimes I Lie: A Novel
  • Force of Nature
  • Bonfire
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Monk's Hood (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
  • Before the Fall
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Death in the Devil's Acre (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #7)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
  • I Am Watching You
  • The Given Day
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • The Stockholm Octavo
  • American by Day
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Birdman
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)