Start by marking “Cole (Bachelors of the Ridge, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cole (Bachelors of the Ridge, #3)

Cole

(Bachelors of the Ridge #3)

Cole Mallinson has never been able to move on.

It’s been two thousand, three hundred and sixty-two days since he’s seen his ex-wife, Julia. He’s never stopped loving her, never stopped wishing she’d come back. Everyone thinks he’s lost his mind for never moving on, but they couldn’t understand. It was never a choice.

Seven years ago, Julia Mallinson left Denver, and even tho
Published March 22nd 2017 by CreateSpace (first published March 14th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Cole, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cole

Alex ♈
Hero is soooo in love with his woman, it's unreal 😍

Infertility is a hard subject. I didn't blame the heroine for not wanting to adopt at young age. Adoption is a beautiful thing, but you can't expect everyone to be ready for it.

He was celibate during 7-years separation, she had 1 bf. Cool.

Couldn't stand her sister, who is the heroine of the next book...
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

“It felt like home.”

Cole's book surprised me but I'm not sure it was necessarily in a good way. I was intrigued by the idea that Cole was holding out for his ex-wife (in all ways) after SEVEN years...seven years people.

Like I've said before, Karla Sorensen can write the hell out of imperfect people and she definitely has the "devoted" part down pat. I really felt bad for what Cole had to go through even if he's a little over the top.

Julia, well, I don't think I really warmed up to her. T
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What do you do when life gives you a second chance with your first love? That was the million dollar question for Cole. The moment he met Julia, he knew she was the One for him and he did everything in his power to let her know that she was his Queen and he, her King.

As I read Cole & Julia's struggle my heart went out to them because I know personally what Julia was going feeling and going through. And despite the fact that Cole was supportive and such an amazing man she still felt inadequa
Dana
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this book more than five stars.

I have been on a reading binge for over a year now and have come across quite a few books that have touched me. Cole is a perfect example of one of those books.

Cole and Julia’s story starts years after their divorce. They have not seen each other in over six years when Julia walked out. Their marriage was weighed down by so many outside sources: family, friends and the most damaging weapon: infertility.

Julia returns to her hometown to help he
Rachel K
Apr 05, 2017 marked it as dnf
Didn't like the heroine. She was a selfish bitch and never thought of how her actions would hurt other people. Also, she allowed her parents to think for her instead of acting like the adult she apparently is.
Cyndi Becker
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an utterly fantastic story about forgiveness and second chances. Cole is the first book by Karla Sorenson that I've read. About half way through the story I felt compelled to picked up the first two books in this series. Sorensens writing is wonderful and there are some profound messages surrounding forgiveness that are a great part of this story.

Julia and Cole have been divorced for 5 years when Julia moves back to Denver and back into Cole's life. These two seem fated as it doesn't take
Michal Inbar
Dnf 62%

The start was good, when they met after seven years of separation but than it started to drag and nothing really happened, just him trying to get her back.

She suddenly left their marriage after years of them trying to get pregnant and failing. He wanted to adopt and she was selfish enough to think he has no voice in this and pregnancy it's all she wants. So she just abandoned him and filled for divorce. He let this happened because he loved her and wanted the best for her.
Suffice to say I
Stephanie Reid
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cole is one of those truly devoted, steadfast heroes who's every woman's dream. I liked this fresh take on the second chance romance. It's not one of those books where there's some silly misunderstanding that could've been wrapped up years ago if the hero and heroine had only talked to each other. None of that nonsense in this tale. Cole and Julia know exactly what tore them apart, and I think that's what makes Cole's devotion so believable. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say, ...more
Kandi Steiner
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series SO much! Every book can be read as a stand-alone but I'm glad I've read them all and got the "build up" to each bachelor. Karla's writing is smart, sweet, and laugh out loud funny. She gets better with every book, and I am HOOKED on Bachelors of the Ridge!
Rejane
Nov 30, 2018 marked it as nope
7 years?! What about for better or for worse, in health or sickness?! Etc etc
Esse povo mole é muito chato... c nhor. Continue me livrando desses enjoados irritantes na vida real.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
MsKingsPens
This was... okay. I liked Cole and Julia, which I wasn't so sure of at first. 😁 Thankfully, Julia's fears made sense to me and I was glad she did the work to overcome them. I liked how Cole loved her and how decisive he was about the future he wanted. His logic towards the end was screwy though.

MINOR SPOILERS
Him not trusting that she'd stay made all the sense. However, him trying to rush her and miserably giving her time (he fell apart in 48 hours) was crazy. Then, him getting a grand gesture a
Christy  (CaptainReadsALot
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, 2017-5-star
YESSSSSS! THIS STORY IS SO REFRESHING!

Literally, it's like taking a big whiff of fresh Colorado air and exhaling with a healing breath that you didn't even know you had in you.

Cole and Julia's story is complicated, peppered with a meddlesome family and undying loyalty. I don't think I've ever read two characters who were as faithful and devoted to one another.

The unspoken pain, distrust, and a subtle amount of angst makes this one of Karla's best books. The emotions, the pain, the fact that y
Sabrina
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, arcs-2017
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TITLE: Cole (Bachelors of the Ridge #3)
AUTHOR: Karla Sorensen
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: March 22nd 2017

Cole is the 3rd book in this series and can be read as a standalone. This is the first book I've read by this author and I can't wait to read the rest of the series and see what adventure they will take me on.

This is one of my favourite kind of books. This is a second chance story that takes us on the journey of Cole & Julia and their life together.

We are first introduced t
Kathy West
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

First you had Dylan, then a Garrett, and now Cole. What a group of men!!

I knew that I would fall in love with Cole from what I had read about him in the first two books.

You have Cole. He is still heartbroken from where Julia left him seven years earlier without an explanation. She was the love of his life and still is. He never moved on from her and now that she's back in town he doesn't know how to handle it.

You have Julia. She came back to town to help her pregnant sister and realizes t
Katarzyna
This one was less of a romantic comedy than other KS books, more serious and complicated, I still enjoyed it, although I was more interested in Brooke's story most of the time. I hope she will have her own book, I liked her character right away. I can easily see her with a carefree bachelor like Michael, it would be fun to see mister "no-commitment" face a reality with two newborns to take care of :)
I loved seeing previous couples, even if it was brief.
As to Cole and Julia, they might not be my
Konny
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cole by Karla Sorensen is the third installment in Bachelors of the Ridge Series.
For better understanding you should read Dylan and Garrett, book one and two first.

Cole is single.His wife Julia divorced him years ago. But he cant move on. He loves her so deeply. My heart broke for him.
Now shes back in Denver and fate and a meddling sister put them together.
And yes Julia has still feelings for Cole. They are soul mates, and it was so so beautiful to read how they make it work.
The words: Love con
Nina
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cole was heartbreaking at times and in other places, a beautiful story about getting that second chance at love.

Julia and Cole married at a young age, but as with every marriage and relationship, they had there ups and downs. But some problems at the time were just to big to over come. Resulting in Julia walking out and the couple divorcing.

Seven years later and Cole hasn't ever forgotten about Julia, or gotten over her. So when he finds that she has moved back, to help her pregnant sister. Al
Kristen Johnson
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite things about books by Karla Sorensen is they just get better and better. Going in, I always know the sort of writing to expect and there is always a perfect execution of the plot and everything woven together perfectly for the characters in the story. Cole is no different, Karla took a not often used plot device and delivered a powerfully emotional second chance romance.

Nobody knows what was really in Julia's head when she left Cole, after suffering silently through their pro
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cole Mallinson has spent the last six years trying to move on from the most devastating day in his life, but no matter how hard he tries, it still has a stranglehold on his heart. He knew there were issues in his marriage, but not anything that would warrant his wife wanting to give it all up and walk away. She never gave him a chance to voice his opinion, offer to attempt to fix things, she just packed her bags and walked out the door, and not having a say in things has haunted him day in and d ...more
Michelle Heron
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Review by Michelle Heron
Instagramming as Novlrmeesh

5/5 Stars

Before we get into the details of the book you have to admire this cover. It's so beautiful.

Cole and Julia's story is so real sometimes I forgot I was reading a book. For me I dive into a book and if it's well written I feel like I'm one of the background characters experiencing everything with them and this book pulled me in. My husband and I have experienced the heart break of infertility in the past and the feelings that both Julia
Sara Miller
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This series just keeps getting better and better! Karla has always been the best at creating these amazingly realistic, relatable characters this story though she touches on a topic that most people wouldn't touch and she is fearless about broaching this topic that so many couples deal with and one that is so incredibly close to my own heart.

Cole and Julia have been put through the wringer and they are just going through the motions of their day to day life. The hurdles between them are huge an
Dusty Summerford (Reviews by Reds)
Cole is Book 3 in the Bachelors of Ridge Series. It can be read as a standalone but with writing like Karla Sorensen's, you are definitely missing out by skipping the first two.

Cole is the epitome of a perfect book boyfriend. He's handsome, charming, has an amazing career, and he is the most loyal man I've ever had the pleasure of reading about. It has been over 6 years since he has seen his ex-wife Julia, but he is still in love with her. I mean, to the point where no other woman can compare!
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
Oh.My.Word… I’ve had a couple books lately that has just touched my heart and pulled to me. This is another one of those books. I struggled with infertility and I can’t even begin to explain the pain and heartache you feel month after month of unsuccessful trying or how people nag you asking for grandbabies or when you’re having children… not knowing the struggle you are living with day in and out. The synopsis tells you this book deals with their infertility so I don’t feel like I’m giving anyt ...more
Izzie d
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a good book.
I liked that although the husband and wife are divorced and been separated for many years, he still loves her and as a result he hasn't been with anyone else.
In many books now it seems the hero can't have the heroine or get over her but he still manages to sleep with half the country. Cole doesn't expect them to get back together and he is not lacking in offers and he even wishes he was able to 'move on', he is available and the he isn't expecting any sort of reconciliation
Candy Laine
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cole is a successful real estate agent. He's got the house of his dreams, but his ex-wife's not there to share it with him. He knows he should move on, after all they've been divorced long enough. Just can't seem to convince his heart that she's not coming back.
Julia Mallinson left Denver to create a new life after her divorce. She studied, worked and became successful in her chosen career But she runs back to town when her sister gets pregnant and her loser boyfriend walks out on her.
Julia and
Denise Page-jessie
Emotional

Where do I even begin. I have had this series on my kindle for awhile and just hadn't gotten around to reading it. I have spent the last week reading these books, and I don't know why I waited so long! I loved Dylan and Garrett, but right now Cole has stole my heart!
If you are a person who can't conceive or carry your child you know what this couple went through, but some one like me that can carry and concieve, we don't know what they go through.
This book had me sobbing through a lot
Kelly
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of everything Karla Sorensen writes! She always makes me fall in love with her characters and feel all the people ain and joy they are going through. I wanted Cole's story since we met him in Dylan's book and his story did not disappoint. There is something to be said about a man who waits for how ever long it takes for the love of his life to return to him and then fight for it with all he's got. As frustrating as Julia could be in the book, you could relate to her fear and hear ...more
Beth McLeod
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A new kind of second chance romance

This is a very unique story. I love second chance romances, but this is the first I’ve read where the H/h were previously married, then divorced. Julia and Cole have a heartbreaking past. In order to make their way back to each other, they have some bigger hurdles to jump over than most. This a well written story that kept me interested, and I like that it was almost as much about Julia’s relationship with her sister Brooke as it was about her relationship with
K.  Ramjohn
Mar 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cole by Karla Sorensen was a touching, heart-felt romance which had me hooked until the very end. This is the third book in the series and it Cole and Julia's story. This novel was just amazing. Cole was the perfect hero. His unconditional, never ending love and loyalty to his wife was almost unheard off. This was a story about second chances, forgiveness and moving forward. We are given both Julia and Cole thoughts in this dual POV story which are both indepth and emotional and I loved how the ...more
Lea Coll
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Karla certainly has a way of making characters likable. I wasn't sure I was going to like Julia, but I did. Infertility is a really hard thing to go through and this couple went through it for years. So, I definitely understood their struggles. I can't wait to read the rest of the series to find out how they complete their family. I'm forcing myself to read this series in order, but I can't wait for Tristan.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Sound of Serendipity
  • '90s Playlist (Romance Rewind, #1)
  • The Edge of You
  • Come Back to Texas (Twelve Beats in a Bar, #1)
  • Finding Center (District Ballet Company #2)
  • Of Winged Creatures & Nesting Grounds
  • The Hipster Chronicles
  • Flightpath
  • Playing House
  • Frozen Barriers (Barriers #1)
  • Racing Hearts (Hamilton Stables, #1)
  • The Dark Space
  • A Matter of Trust (A Matter of Trust, #1)
  • Just a Girl
  • Saved By The SEAL (Battle Scars, #2)
  • Days Like This
  • So che ci sei
  • It Happened on Love Street (Everland, Georgia #1)

Bachelors of the Ridge (5 books)
  • Dylan (Bachelors of the Ridge, #1)
  • Garrett (Bachelors of the Ridge #2)
  • Michael (Bachelors of the Ridge, #4)
  • Tristan (Bachelors of the Ridge, #5)
“But there’s a reason that we place our trust in a select few people in this world, why we let them truly love us. It’s because they see us at our lowest and still find us worthy.” 0 likes