Start by marking “Dark Hunger (With Bonus Material)” as Want to Read:
Dark Hunger (With Bonus Material)

Dark Hunger (With Bonus Material)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Peter Sunday must face a danger that fists, bullets or brains won't stop. Usually the private investigator handles whatever comes his way. Nothing stops him from locating missing people. But when bizarre events occur, Sunday is led to believe its unlikely he'll live long enough to find anyone.

With bonus material.
Published February 19th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Dark Hunger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Hunger

really liked it 4.00  ·

Shelby
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
DARK HUNGER is a book about a former cop who opens a private investigation business. He has an exceptional amount of people coming to his office in search of loved ones who have disappeared. It is the investigator’s job to find out where these people are going to and what is causing their disappearances. The book reveals interesting cases, as the private investigator searches for clues that lead to the culprit.

Sherman is a talented writer with a good grasp of flowing dialogue. He has a grip on c
Lynne
May 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Dark Hunger was a good vampire tale but I felt the lack of character development and 'clumpy' writing style let it down. I guess only so much 'fleshing out' (excuse the pun) can be squeezed into a novella of just 134 pages, so I'll let that pass. The writing is badly in need of a further edit and at times left me scratching my head in frustration as to how so many bloomers weren't picked up on.

Moving forward, I did enjoy the story and, in places, it was very original - the 'light weapon' being a
Vanessa Haley
May 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Dark Hunger" is the first book I have read from Demetrius Sherman, and I was enthralled from the first page. I haven't come across any "cross genre" reads about vampires and Private Investigates to date, and blended, it makes for an interesting read. Written in a fast paced novella format, it's compacted with action, crime and of course, blood sucking vampires.
In addition, "Dark Hunger" has the great combination of both a strong character, Peter Sunday, in a rough, old fashioned ex-cop turned P
Amy Shannon
Jan 26, 2019 rated it liked it
An interesting perspective

Sherman's Dark Hunger is an interesting premise that follows PI "Peter Sunday." I like the idea of things that are out of the ordinary and trying to find missing persons who just vanish. The plot has many pluses with it and Sunday is a unique character. Some of the dialogue feels forced or doesn't flow well, but it's a good story and worth the read. The writing style consisted of a lot of narration, but it worked with this story. I look forward to reading more by this n
Diane Griffiths
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by Demetrius Sherman. In this book Pete is a former cop who is now a private investigator who just received several requests to find missing people. He finds out that the Janus Gold company is the common indicator from an newspaper ad.

While I enjoyed the book, I found myself skimming some of the pages as it was not very compelling. It did not "pull" me into the story like some books I read. It is a quick read and I did enjoy the story though.
J C Steel
Jun 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Dark Hunger follows the small private investigations firm of Sunday and Grey, run by a pair of ex-cops tired of the corruption in the system. When Peter Sunday takes on a missing-persons case, he expects a typical story of a young Latino man run away to join a gang. He doesn't expect it to tie into a string of shady get-rich-quick offers, murders, and disappearances going back months, and it isn't until sources start turning up dead that he begins to see the deadly connections. However, even Pet ...more
Kelly Smith Reviews
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love private investigator stories. When you combine a PI with the horrific murders that Stephen King would write, you have a book (novella, in this case) that really intrigues me.
Mr. Sherman knows how to make his work short and sweet, without unnecessary filler text and scenes, which I really respect. Not many authors know how to do this today. He writes investigative fiction very well, you can tell he is a fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but by no means does he copy him. This book
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
In Demetrius Sherman's latest novella, he takes on the character of Pete Sunday. Pete is a former cop who is now a private investigator. While Pete has recently received several requests to find missing people, he questions what all of the disappearance have in common. There are also several murders happening around the city and each of the bodies are showing up without any blood.

Pete takes on the case to fins several people who have gone missing after going to the company Janus Gold to fulfill
Ruth B
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013, mystery
As you can imagine by the cover, this story has our beloveds “blood suckers” in it. This is a short but exciting story with mystery and action in it.

Dark Hunger presents Pete Sunday, a private investigator, ex-police officer, hired by a woman to find her son. While he works on this case he finds himself wrapped up in more cases. A murdered journalist, dead bodies founded everywhere and a strange company behind it all.

Being a short story it has a fast rhythm and the chapters fly by one after the
Mike Hogan
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A change of direction from Mr Sherman as he switches his location and characters from Victorian England to the dark side of present day urban America. Corporate wrongdoing, rapacious vampires, a remorseless detective, together with a taut plot and dialog make this the best of Mr Sherman's books - so far. I look forward to the sequel.
Mohammed
Debee Sue
Brooke
Sarah Salvaggio
Jun 22, 2017
  • Skin Deep (Eternal Forces #1)
  • Broken Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #2)
  • Souled Out (Ell Clyne, #1)
  • If You Were Me and Lived In... Mexico: A Child's Introduction to Cultures Around the World
  • Persistence of Vision (Interchron #1)
  • Remember Dippy
  • My Life with Snoopy: How One Shelter Dog's Love Changed a Man's Life and Other Tails of Adventure
  • Dolls Behaving Badly
  • The Reborn (the Day Eight Series Part 1)
  • Forbidden to Love (The Erosians, #1)
  • The Dark Night Whispers (The Whispers #2)
  • The Underground Witch (Incenaga, #2)
  • Edge of the Falls
  • Fever: Many are Born, Few are Reborn (Wolf Sirens, #2)
  • The Forbidden Trilogy (The Forbidden Trilogy #1-3)
  • Forgotten In Darkness (Scimitar Magi, #2)
  • Kitty Hawk and the Curse of the Yukon Gold (Kitty Hawk Flying Detective Agency, #1)
  • Rise of the Iron Eagle (The Iron Eagle #1)
Hammett, Chandler, and Conan Doyle were among the fiction Demetrius Sherman read growing up. These works were excellent seeds in the creation of the fast-paced Sheridan Hope Thrillers and the vampire thriller Dark Hunger featuring private eye Peter Sunday.
His other work includes a suspenseful horror tale titled The Hunters and the satirical Food Police.