Start by marking “Redemption (Eternal Watch #1)” as Want to Read:
Redemption (Eternal Watch #1)

Redemption (Eternal Watch #1)

Sofia is an intelligent, independent woman who doesn’t need anything from anybody. Or so she thinks.

But when she stumbles onto a centuries-old conspiracy to cover up the existence of an immortal she starts to question everything. Strange voices invade her dreams. A new neighbor invades her apartment. A gorgeous new coworker invades her head—and her heart.

Then, her boss i
Published April 12th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Redemption

Mikael
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So I just read this book, it's a very well written book, easy to read the layout is pretty much how I prefer to write my self, it surprised me to be honest. So what about the actual content then?

Rather quickly I gather there is something going on with Sofia, something is not quite right. That mystery surrounding her stalker ghost along with those weird dreams she has piques my intriguing interest forcing me to read on. This is at the end of the first chapter by the by.

As I continue
Kirsty Noah-whitlock
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Redemption is a mix of everything from vampires to angels, murder to romance all rolled into one with much more.
A Captivating and unique story from beginning to end and a true page Turner.
Strong characters which really pulled me into the book and great descriptions. I would recommend this book to fans of fantasy, Myths and legends, angels and vampires, romance and young adult books. xx
Anne
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
At times too captivating to allow me to appreciate the beauty of the writing, but appreciate it I did. If the best of M. Night Shyamalan and the best of Agatha Christie teamed up to write a mystery, it would be a total snooze-fest compared to Redemption.
Kayla Krantz
This is one of the best vampire books I’ve ever read. Even better because I didn’t see the vampire twist coming. The story begins with Sofia, a research assistant, who has been tasked with the newest job of researching Chinese legends for her boss. During her research, she’s found a secret—a man named Stephanous—who doesn’t seem to age across pictures dated decades and centuries apart. She realizes she’s come across the secret of immortality.

Fast paced and hard to put down, Redemption twists So
Nikki Landis
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it

I'm a huge fan of angels and paranormal stories. Redemption is a complicated story that weaves many different parts together, taking a long and sometimes confusing path, all the way to the end. The main character Sofia embarks on a complicated journey of self-discovery and is forced to choose her path in a jumbled and chaotic series of events. Along the way she meets Arthur and Mikie and must question not only her sanity but the truth of her friends and past in addition to solving the riddles
Jennifer Redmile
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Redemption and was hooked from start to finish. Actually, I read it in one sitting. The book is well written, with a unique plot and great characters. If you like books about angels and vampires, you will love this one. Lots of action, plot twists and romance all rolled into one. Looking forward to reading more of this series.
Hannah Lauren
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Christy Nicholas
Dec 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
From the opening paragraph, my interest was piqued. I love a good puzzle. Evidently, so does Sofia! She is intriguing and likeable, without the typical tropes and helpless-female idiocies. I like the philosophical questions both asked and answered within this tale. While I’m not a huge fan of the normal vampire romance tale, this was well-executed and held my interest. The character of Selaphiel was my favorite in terms of a foil. A thoroughly enjoyable read, and I look forward to the others in ...more
Kathy
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Absolute fantastic paranomal page turner. Can't wait for book 2.
Robert Defrank
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sofia has a love of history and delights in exploration of the past. How tempting it is when she finds clues of the existence of an immortal being who has witnessed the tribulations and strides of yesteryear firsthand?

But supposing the immortal in question might not want to be found? And what if there are others of their eternal fraternity who are none too keen to have their existence revealed to the wider world?

The reader follows Sofia as more strangers insert themselves
Tabi Slick
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Obsessed with finding the mysterious man she calls Stephanous, historical research assistant Sofia Adams had no idea that her search would lead her to far more than just the keys to immortality. Nadja Baer's novel Redemption begins when Sofia's boss assigns her what seems to be a pointless wild goose chase, but winds up leading her to a world filled with angels, vampires, and destiny.
Character Analysis:
Sofia is, of course, the main protagonist. Her parents died when she was young lea
Ellie Midwood
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Redemption” is a story that I enjoyed immensely not only because of the riveting plot but because I instantly connected with the main heroine - Sofia. Sofia and I just clicked right away and from that point on, I became deeply invested into what was happening around her, and let me tell you, she certainly found herself in the thick of it. An intelligent and independent historian, she discovers a strange phenomenon: a man who appears to have discovered a key to immortality. His familiar face tau ...more
T R
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing

A fast read. Well-written and smooth as butter to cruise through as the protagonist Sofia finds herself in the middle of a conspiracy. She, a historical research assistant, is intelligent and independent. When mystery turns metaphysical the story continues to work as fantastical themes enter: angels, vampires, and karmic fate play into the plot. When the character, Stephanous, enters the pages of the story the mystery and storyline conflict/tension rises. In addition to the protagonist and Steph
Maya Daniels
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book takes an interesting approach on angels, demons and vampires, that is rather refreshing. The story of the girl Sofia, the research assistant looking for a prof of immortality, to the woman she becomes finding it, is slow paced but it keeps you turning the next page in hopes that you will understand things better. Being the first book of the series it’s expected for the readers to have lots of questions while trying to puzzle out all the twists and turns the protagonist takes. It only m ...more
Amy Proebstel
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Impossible Choices for Love

Redemption begins as a story about a research assistant who discovers a person who defies time throughout history. Even as Sofia unravels the mystery of Stephanous’ longevity, Sofia’s life becomes more complicated as new people enter into her life. Unearthly voices begin to direct her, yet the instructions are more confusing than ever. Not only does this issue cause her to distrust the people closest to her, she also has to worry about keeping her only living rela
J C
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Paranormal.
This book was awesome! It had vampires, angels, reincarnation, and twists I didn’t see coming. I liked that the characters were so well fleshed-out, especially Sofia and her sister who are basically polar opposites. There is a strong mystery element to the story as Sofia not only tracks down Stephanous, but she learns along the way that not everyone is really her friend. Her journey brings her to the point where she has to make a disturbing choice. An excellent paranor
Venessa
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of urban fantasy
This book pulled me in from the very beginning. Sophia is a fun, quirky, stronger-than-she-realizes woman struggling to figure out the mystery of a man who moves through the ages. I adore Sophia's voice throughout the entire story. She makes some incredible discoveries about herself and others.

This book is a love story, a good versus evil story, and a story of righting the wrong of the past all rolled into one big ball of fun. Highly recommend and look forward to reading the next in
Avid Reader
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A unique take on the paranormal genre. This book has angels, vampires, reincarnation, immortality, romance, action, and tragedy. A good mix, right? Sofia, a 20 something research assistant uncovers the existence of an immortal man who appears in photos throughout decades without aging at all. Her search to uncover the truth about this man gets her involved with some seriously paranormal things and puts her life (and those she loves) in great peril. This was a fun read that left me wanting more.
Elizabeth Eckert
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well worth the stars!
This novel is well written, well edited and have just the right amount of action! I enjoyed the characters and the building of a complex story. The author creates a paranormal world with many twists and much suspense. The ending leaves you begging for a different conclusion and a need to see if yours desires will be granted in book 2.
Definitely a must read novel for all paranormal readers!!
Kate Kelley
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Original and well-written

This was a very well written novel. For the genre, it was very original. It's not like any vampire or angel story you've ever read. Every character is multifaceted and well developed. The plot is strong with many twists and turns. The only thing I didn't like was some plot choices that made the ending less than happy. But I know there are more books so I'll be reading to see if Sofia and Arthur get their happy ending.
M.L. Tompsett
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A page turning, attention grabbing story with excellent plot, Redemption written by Nadja Baer.
Interesting book, I enjoyed reading - discovering a love story, with soul mates, death and betrayal. An interesting read, which slowly revealed vampires both good and bad and a lot of history to keep us entertained.
I cannot wait until I can download the next book in the series. Thoroughly recommend.
Kate Everward
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The amount of complexity in this novel surprised me. So many twists, so many emotions and even more questions. It's difficult to put the book down and I have to be honest I don't really read this genre so if I say it - you should try it. For me a book with a female lead immediately gets attention. Add to it her complexity and intelligence and you got me. It's well written, it's strong, the characters are deep and interesting.
Tom Simmons
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it. From the lovingly sculpted characters to the witty internal dialogue of the heroine, really well written and cleverly planned out. Packed full of bitesize treats that keep you coming back for more, the pace is such that you never feel overworked even though there is plenty to grab your attention. Well worth adding to your bookshelf!
InD'tale Magazine
When writing historically-inclined novels, nothing beats well-done research, a supernatural flair and page-turning plot twists--all of which are present in “Redemption.”

Read full review in the 2017 September issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Cherime MacFarlane
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books I'm glad I read but the ending...Tragic is the word. Lots of twists and turns in this one. There are places where you may want to slow down to make sure you didn't miss anything. And the cast of characters is more than intriguing, they are riveting. Don't start it until you have the time to finish or it will be a late night.
Benjamin Barnes
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great building of tension, leaving a few clues until the conclusion. Excited for the next installment.
Blushing Reader
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Hmmm. An interesting story and plot but it was very slow and confusing as it unfolded. Still thinking about whether or not I could cont bye with this series
T.N. Traynor
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, I loved this story.
Couldn't put it down. Can't wait to read the next book and find out what happens next.
Nadja
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Odessa Black
Jun 03, 2018
Goodreads Librari...: page count 2 14 Dec 16, 2017 08:38AM

• Goal (Completion #5)
  • Heart of the Season
  • A Veil of Glass and Rain (A Touch of Cinnamon, #1)
  • Dangerously Dark (The Dreamcaster Series, #3)
  • Taking the Ice (Ice #3)
  • Moon River
  • A Face in the Crowd (The Survival of the Fittest #1)
  • A Gypsy's Kiss (The Sectorium #4)
  • Interference
  • Torn Canvas (Safe Harbors, #2)
  • Love, Alchemy (Alchemy, #1)
  • The Right Notes (Love Rocks, #1)
  • Standing Up
  • Daydreamer (Sleepless, #1)
  • Scornful Sadie
  • The Future Unborn
  • Healing Rain (Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • Fighting Pride
Nadja thinks there aren't enough smart, sassy heroines in speculative fiction. Her speculative fiction is full of smart, sassy heroines.

Coincidence?

You can join my reader group to get notifications of new releases and good deals here: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webfor...

You can also follow me on Amazon for notices directly from the big river: https://www.amazon.com/Nadja-Baer/e/B...
“There was something about Mikie that made me want to trust him. It might have been the Centanario Anejo.” 0 likes