Start by marking “With This Peace (Ella Dess #3)” as Want to Read:
With This Peace (Ella Dess #3)

With This Peace

(Ella Dess #3)

The Third Installment in Ella Dessa's Story

Fear threatens to choke Ella Dessa when her husband tells her that he and his two brothers are leaving her and their two children to make their way to a village called Tampa. So far, the flat Florida landscape and alligator-infested swamps have failed to impress Ella Dessa, and thoughts of Indian problems strike fear deep in her
Published March 1st 2017 by Firefly Southern Fiction

To ask other readers questions about With This Peace, please sign up.
Linda I would love to see more of this story. The characters are all new friends and i want to hear from them all. Do fern and Duncan ever meet again? Do Lu…moreI would love to see more of this story. The characters are all new friends and i want to hear from them all. Do fern and Duncan ever meet again? Do Luke and Aga find a safe life? Will they all make it back to the mountauns?
(less)
Karen Prough Book Four is being written at this time. Two, brand-new characters, a young widower with a baby son and a young lady, will end up married. Their circu…moreBook Four is being written at this time. Two, brand-new characters, a young widower with a baby son and a young lady, will end up married. Their circumstances push them into a love-less marriage, and they begin a journey to a mountain settlement the man once called home. A murder in Beckler's Cove, will draw old and new characters together. People living in the cove will be touched, as they work to clear away the fear-producing shadow hanging over their lives.(less)

Start your review of With This Peace (Ella Dess #3)
Joleen
I hardly know where to begin with this book. I was both baffled by it and fascinated by it at the same time. Like I said at my 86% update, it's a VERY different book.

Time Frame: Late 1840's.
Location: The whole thing is set in a largely unsettled region of central Florida.
Characters: Three brothers (at the beginning) one wife and two little ones, adding a few here and there as they travel, but they're always just passing through. Then a runaway slave becomes an extremely important part of the
Lisa Johnson
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: With This Peace
Author: Karen Campbell Prough
Pages: 346
Year: 2017
Publisher: Firefly Southern Fiction
My rating 5 out of 5 stars.
Ella Dessa is a woman whose story we learn in Karen’s first book, The Girl Called Ella Dessa followed by Within the Candle’s Glow. I highly recommend you read each book in order as Ella’s character goes through many experiences that change her heart and life before we read about her again in this novel set in the year 1847.
Ella has a tender heart and her life has b
Norma
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have followed Ella Dessa's story through three books. It is one of sorrow, fear, love, and spiritual growth, beautifully written told by unforgettable characters. Karen Campbell Prough has done a masterful job of weaving the life of one, young woman into a message of hope. I highly recommend all three books!
Karen Wingate
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I could not put “With This Peace” down. At every page, I was asking, what’s going to happen to Ella Dessa? Will her children stay safe? How can she ever make a home in this barren Florida wilderness and will someone find a way for her to get back to her Georgia mountains like she wants? Since my husband grew up in Florida, I knew the descriptions of the terrain to be spot on. I loved the descriptions of Ella Dessa’s ingenuity in finding ways to survive Each of the characters stood out as such st ...more
Patsy
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I borrowed this book from Amazon Prime. This story continues from the second book about Ella Dessa and her family in late 1840's, Ella Dessa, her husband Jim, their two children and Jim's two brothers, Samuel and Duncan are going to Florida to begin a ranch using wild cattle that they round up from the area. Jim tells Ella that they and the children are gong to Florida with Duncan and Samuel.

In Florida there were alligators, swamps, mosquitoes and Indians all around them day and night. Their co
Rebekah
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARGGGGGGGGGG
I knew this would happen!!!! Jim dies and she marries Sam!!! I have always wanted her to marry Sam but I hate it when she likes two men...marries one...he dies...then marries the other! I mean she gets both guys technically but Jim dies :( :( I HATE when authors do that! I still really LIKED this book. Don't get me wrong--I still say READ it and will definitely read the next book but I just hate it when that happens. Other then that pretty good. They left Georgia(Pretty Dumb since th
Tia
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Series

Powerful, gripping, suspenseful, beautiful, endearing, and ugly. This series is amazing. Each book takes you through fascinating adventures, heartbreak, terrifying circumstances, and inspiring love. I couldn't stop reading. Ella Dessa will become a part of your world. The writing is rich and realistic. The highs and lows just keep coming and the reader has no choice but to devour every word. I hope there will be more and I cannot wait because, I am haunted by the characters and t
Dorothey Thompson
May 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
With This Peace

The very best was saved to last. I can’t say enough about what a heart felt story this was. Ella Dessa, Samuel, Luke , the kids, and all of the others that came into their lives. They suffered through much, but one thing remained through, Gods love saw them through all of their troubles.
carol sidoti
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story

I really enjoyed reading this book. It told of a time where everything was hard. Ella Desde had to be strong for her children. She had many hardships to endure, but with God's help she persevered.
Marjorie Hill
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: in-th
With This Peace held a lot of surprises. Karen Campbell Prough did a great job of keeping me in suspense and turning the pages. Great writing. Also loved the first two Ella Dessa Books. I highly recommend them.
Pat Christie
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ebook

The third book about an amazing women that faces crisis and remains strong and able to move forward with the help of God and friends.
Ellen
Jun 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read.

I really enjoyed all three books. Will there be a fourth book! I hope so. I feel like I was left hanging o with no real end to the story.
Linda
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had a hard time putting this book down. I want to hear more from this author and more about the characters in the three books I have read so far,
Mary
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Peace floats over all

This book kept me reading to the end. It was so enthralling that I couldn't stop. I had to know what adventure awaited next.
Sharlene Frazier
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good reads indeed!!!

Great reading! I was transported back into 1840+ and traveled with Ella Dessa and her families. I hurt for her and with her!
Linda Freeman
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story!

Five stars is not enough for this book. This is one of the best series I've ever read and one I will return to someday.
Andrea
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Here's the review I posted on amazon the day the e-book was released.
Wow! I read this book first thing this morning when it came out. I am in awe of this author's ability to write of such tragedy and yet still have such heart in her stories. Despite facing so many seemingly insurmountable obstacles, Ella Dessa's strength and determination survive. She has so much love for others and belief in doing what is right. She does what she has to do, no matter how difficult or heartbreaking. She takes c
Pam McCallister

• A Rifle By The Door
  • A Perfect Weakness
  • The Sanctum
  • Secrets & Wishes
  • Laurel (Xanthakos Family Trilogy #2)
  • Practically Married
  • Among the Poppies
  • The Children of Main Street
  • Once Beyond a Time
  • Charlotte
  • The Caretaker’s Son (Secrets in Savannah #1)
  • Summer of Deception
  • The Killing Fog (The Grave Kingdom, #1)
  • Saving Parker (A Forever Home, #3)
  • Remnants
  • You're the Cream in My Coffee (Roaring Twenties #1)
  • Her Deadly Reunion (Jill Shepherd #2)

Ella Dess (3 books)
  • The Girl Called Ella Dessa (Ella Dess #1)
  • Within the Candle's Glow (Ella Dess #2)

News & Interviews