Start by marking “Dark Love: Part Two” as Want to Read:
Dark Love: Part Two

Dark Love: Part Two

(Dark Love)

Second and final part of the Dark Love series!

Even though she was free, Charlotte found herself in another prison. She was a prisoner inside her own heart.

Raymond

I set her free.
I let her walk out that door, but now she’s in grave danger.
And it’s all my fault.
If they kill her it will be because of me.
I have to find her … and bring her back.
I don’t want to live thi
Published February 27th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Dark Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Love

'Q' aka CoCo
May 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well, I was right about it getting weird. I still don't understand where the author was trying to go with all of this. There's a voodoo priestess that all the servants worship, and apparently all the servants want Raymond dead, but they can't kill him because of some ancient contract. There's talk of rituals and wealth, and this all important "treasure" that everybody is after, but when it's finally revealed what this "treasure" is, we still don't know why it's so important. In the end, I'm just ...more
Lisa
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Part two of dark love carries on much in the same way part one did. You spend half of the book wondering what in the world is going on, and the other half is split between being on the edge of your seat from the excitement and being turned on from their moments together. I still feel like I don't have all the answers, it's almost like a Rose Red situation where you will never know everything there is to know about that crazy house or it's history. This is book two and they are not standalones so ...more
Wendy
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dark Love Part Two

Dark Love: Part Two is the second installment of this series. Unless you want to read half a story, start at part one.

I enjoyed this book a lot. You get a nice mix of the extra steamy and a thrilling storyline. Be warned, this story is dark, and at times, I found myself referring to it as "strange" love.
This book picks up immediately from where book one left off, so there isn't any extra unnecessary fluff [thank you Ms. Duvane!]
I really enjoyed seeing how the characters devel
Cheryl  Graham Petit
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Danger, suspense, violence, kidnapping, crooked cops, crazy servants, toe-curling naughtiness, love... everything I love in a dark and twisted story. JB Duvane grabs you at the beginning and keeps you in her grip until the very end. Once you start reading Dark Love: Part Two, you won't want to put it down.

I volunteered to review an advanced readers copy of this book.
Janee
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Morbid

Kinda morbid story. The first book was fascinating and really quick. This one was quick, but hard to figure out the plot. When it came to the end it wasn't as weird as it started out to be.
Kerry
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW! As I said for my review of part one...I'm not a patient reader and don't usually read books in parts but I'm SO glad I waited to read this one! This is a great conclusion by JB Duvane for a very dark and at times quite disturbing romance. You do have to have read part one though....but it is well worth it!

I loved how this story between Raymond and Charlotte continued and JB Duvane never once lets go of you after catching you in her twisty and tortuous plot....I began reading and didn't put
Kathleen
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the conclusion of Dark Love. The story begins with Charlotte leaving Raymond to go check on her father, but the servants have other ideas about what should happen to Charlotte. Since they will inherit everything if Raymond has no heirs Charlotte must die. Raymond tries to protect her but the servants still find her and take her back to the mansion.
I had read Part 1 and was giving Part 2 a try to see if it appealed to me more than Part 1, unfortunately it didn't. While i enjoyed the myste
Karen
Mar 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book 1 & 2 are definitely worth more than five stars.
This is definitely one series you are going to want to read
Make sure you read book 1 first so you get the true feeling
Of the hole story.
Raymond let Charlotte go home for a visit. On a he way there
the car she was traveling in was ran off the road. She did get
Home but when got there her father was very sick.
This is were every thing really move fast .
Right from the first page unto the last you won't be abl to put
it down. It has every thing
Sharon
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Where to begin. This book is out there….really out there. I’m not sure what all was going on. It was more psychological thriller than romance. There was this weird contract between the two families and a curse that is holding strong. Then Charlotte comes along and the servants want her gone, but then they don’t….it was a bit hard to follow. I did keep reading since I had to know how it ended, but it was a bizarre and twisted journey.

Hero 4 stars / Heroine 4 / Steam 3 stars / Plot 3 stars / Overa
Jennifer Christensen
May 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
This series was not for me

It brings up Vodoo, and contracts and rituals, but never really explains them. By the end of the book I still had no idea why the servants were really there, why the diamonds were important other than the wealth and why any one would fall in love with someone who kidnapped them and treated them so strangely and never really showed them who they were. Weird and a waste of 2 books in my opinion.
April
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a dark, intense, twisted, and crazy ride. This picks up right where book one left off. Raymond is going crazy without Charlotte. Charlotte has gone back to find her father. The Valices and Beauchamp's are a crazy bunch. This story has so many twists and turns along the way.
I voluntarily received a copy for my honest review.
Heather
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I highly anticipated this second and final book in the Dark Love series. JB Duvane continues to deliver without exception and this finish was the perfect ending to what was began in the first book. Well written, edge of the seat anticipation of what could possibly come next! Wow! I loved the characters as they continued to grow and develop. Well done!!
Jenn Allen
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
I had hoped that part two would draw me in a bit more, give me some sort of emotional attachment or feelings towards Raymond and Charlotte. Sadly, it did not.The beginning of this did not match up with the ending of part one. We do get more information about this family contract/feud between Raymond's family and the servants. The voodoo, the "high priestess" parts had me zoning out. I would have liked to give this more stars, but the lack of emotional pull, poor editing and unlikable characters ...more
Lofty
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it
3 1/2*
Following on from part 1 where
Raymond had kidnapped Charlotte he has now allowed her to leave as the vision of her father dying was strong. There is still so much more to uncover about Raymond the last valise & the beaucamp servants are any of the stories or beliefs true? Will they get their happy ending?
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book
Deep Dark Love
Sarah H
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a great part 2 book. It's dark, twisted and keeps you wanting more. It's was well written and has a great story plot. The characters have great chemistry. They both have a dark past. And it ends with a HEA! I volunteered to review a copy of this book.
Mona williams
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
another amazing book you wrote! its about a woman who is set free only to still feel like a prisoner because her heart still belongs to him. he will do anything to get her back and protect her from the evil. thanks for giving me a chance to read this book!
Lesley Ellis
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.

You need to read Dark Love: Part One before you read this book. Its well worth it, especially if you like dark romance books. Again, i love the characters and storyline. Dark and hot. I was gripped throughout. Would certainly recommend!
Jan Baldocchi
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enthralling and riveting conclusion

What an amazing conclusion to a riveting and tautly written story. Set in a world of legends, legacies,voodoo and love. JB Duvane is a master storyteller.
Cassie
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book had a lot of secrets and turns. The story was well written. A legacy of wrong doings and secrets over centuries.
Iwona
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Intense book. You have to be in the mood for a dark romance book. This one seemed more drama related then romance for me. I'm sure if parts one and two were one book I would feel differently. It was a quick read. I was impatiently reading it till the end. It was like I couldn't wait to find out its secrets. It kept me guessing all the way. Raymond seemed less scary now that he has accepted that he needed to let Charlotte be free. He still has his controlling tendencies but he loves her that hard ...more
Patricia Hoffstaetter
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
This is a wonderful, intriguing Dark Romance and the conclusion of the series. I must admit that I really enjoyed reading this book/series and look forward to more in this line of romance. What you will find in this book is: drama, intrigue, suspense, twists & turns, danger, violence, voodoo, abduction, crooked cops, weird crazy servants, fear, lust, emotional feelings, love and erotic scenes. The story-line & pace is well-written & steady and the characters have personality. I would ...more
Carol
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love Knows No Bounds!

Raymond & Charlotte's love story continues in this final book. Their love is in jeopardy caught in a world between two families of legends, myths and secrets. This erotic, seductive love story provides answers to Charlotte, allows Raymond to let go of his past, get closure and finally look to the future for he and Charlotte's HEA.
Jackie D
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Have you ever read a book that just sucked you in? One of those dark, twisted twilight zone, has you shaking your head going yeah I am almost not too sure about this kind of reads. You know.. The one you want to turn your head away from in the beginning, but you cannot. Because let's face it. You have to know what is going to happen next, regardless of how it makes you feel.
This is that book for me, the first book got me all warmed up so speak for this second part of the dark twisted, yet someh
LovetheRhageBDB
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Charlotte has left Raymond to check on her father. Raymond is told they if they can't kill him, they will kill Charlotte.

Can Raymond save Charlotte and keep her safe?

Excellent conclusion to the story! Keeps you guessing until the very end.
Tiffany
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Part two picks up where part one left off. It is not a standalone. One would definitely need to read part one to know what's going on. With that said, this story gives the reader so much more insight into Raymond's past and answers some of the questions left from part one. It is a short story that packs a lot of information in. I don't want to give anything away by saying what happened, but I liked how Charlotte handled things at the end of the regular chapters and to where the epilogue begins.
Book-Lovin-Momma
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the gripping conclusion to Dark Love, Part 1. Charlotte and Raymond's story continues, and there are so many things coming at them both it could make your head spin. But hold on for the darkly wild ride that they're on, with voodoo-crazy servants, bad cops, and other nuts coming out of the woodwork. Raymond and Charlotte have not had easy lives, and this book gives us their struggles as they find each other and fight to stay alive and keep that love growing. I voluntarily reviewed an adv ...more
Michelle
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
in this second part of the story it is gripping and strong and scary but it pulls you in and does not give you up so easily such a wild ride of servants trying to murder the man and then telling him that his women is being kidnapped to be sacrificed and killed but they have to run and save her or do they lol so good and exciting hot loved the ending of the book so good Michelle
Sherry
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really hate cliffhanger, but I could not wait for the 2nd book in this series. What an wonderful conclusion to a fabulous series.
I loved Charlotte and Raymond in the first book, their story is jam-packed with voodoo, murder, kidnapping,mayhem, sex and excitement. I would highly recommend this as an engrossing read. I am now stalking JB Duvane thanks for a great read.
Christine
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Arc review For honest review. This story has lots of twist and turns but it's very good of love in a dark world
« previous 1 3 next »