Start by marking “SPLIT: True Stories About The End of Marriage and What Happens Next” as Want to Read:
SPLIT: True Stories About The End of Marriage and What Happens Next

SPLIT: True Stories About The End of Marriage and What Happens Next

Tell someone you’re divorced and they look at you differently. The pity, shame, and sense of failing at something that was only supposed to end in death can be a heavy burden to bear.

But it doesn’t have to be.

This book collects essays written by divorced writers exploring what led them to divorce, how they lived through it, and, perhaps most importantly, who they are now
Published March 31st 2017 by Fiction & Feeling

To ask other readers questions about SPLIT, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SPLIT

Start your review of SPLIT: True Stories About The End of Marriage and What Happens Next
Rachel
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
I finished it last night, read it in all my spare moments yesterday, accidentally took a 3 hour bath lost in it. Voyeuristic, beautiful, funny (so important to me) and sad.

I've never been divorced, I've never even had a breakup, I'm very happily married, and I felt like I was peeking into a secret club room reading this book. I feel like you can only gain by reading the experiences of others, and each of the essays in this book are individual, whatever your relationship status or situation in l
Wayne Rée
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Equal parts heartbreaking and heartwarming, SPLIT is a few things. It's an honest look at a life event that no one wants to talk about, shining a light in the darkness of cultural taboo. It's a reminder that divorce is not something to be ashamed of, but something that can be a force for good and change in the lives of those involved. And, possibly most important of all, it's a book about hope – hope that love is always in the world, even when it feels like it's coming to an end. A lot of anthol ...more
FoFacy
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I rarely give 5-star reviews so LISTEN UP.

tl;dr This is a compendium of honest, funny, sad, hopeful, and encouraging stories of folks who have gone through divorce and is a must-read for everyone regardless of relationship status. I have much more to say but I'll save it for a blog post. Read it so we can chat about it.
Paul Greer
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an incredible book of many intense stories of the process and survival of divorce. It doesn’t sound like a barrel of laughs as a concept but give it time and there’s joy, inspiration, hope, sadness, hilarity, devastation, fun and beauty.
It is an intense read, especially in the knowledge that it is all true, and as someone who has not experienced this directly (I think another reviewer has said this) an incredible window into a world that is not often written about. That intensity might
dictura
May 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So I'm just a BIT biased since I worked on this book, but honestly, the authors in this have shared some heartwrenching and hilarious stories (sometimes both at once) and this is very much worth reading.
C.K. Burch
Apr 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Katy
Apr 05, 2018
Gibson Grand
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kate Peterson

Apr 06, 2017
Amanda Carlyle
Apr 03, 2017
Hadar Aviram
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

• Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day
  • Big Mushy Happy Lump (Sarah's Scribbles, #2)
  • Take It as a Compliment
  • Constitution Street: finding hope in an age of anxiety
  • Apple and Knife
  • Witches, Witch-Hunting, and Women
  • Halloween Night (Halloween Night, #1)
  • The End
  • War with the Newts
  • Gender: A Graphic Guide
  • Oligarchy
  • Puppet: An Essay on Uncanny Life
Hello! I'm the owner of Fiction & Feeling publishing company; a photographer who's been posting self-portraits online for over a decade; a writer who writes non-fiction and comics and has been published by Dark Horse and Bedside Press; and an executive assistant to the creators of the Image comic The Wicked + The Divine.

News & Interviews