Start by marking “Schrödingers God (Dr Power, #4)” as Want to Read:
Schrödingers God (Dr Power, #4)

Schrödingers God

(Dr Power #4)

Schrödinger’s God is a tense psychological thriller and the fourth novel in the Dr Power and Superintendent Lynch series. The novel is set in Northern Spain and leafy Cheshire.

A peaceful holiday walking St James's Way to Santiago del Compostela takes a tragic turn leaving Power and Lynch trying to solve two shocking murders, while unraveling secrets and a conspiracy that
Paperback, First, 376 pages
Published February 28th 2017 by Hugh Greene

To ask other readers questions about Schrödingers God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Schrödingers God

Start your review of Schrödingers God (Dr Power, #4)
Jane Willis
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant Powers and Lynch tale, this time taking us on a pilgrimage through Spain. The prologue of the book really sums up why I love Hugh Greene's books - murder is never pleasant subject, especially murder that involves sexual exploitation of minors, and in many books there is far too much gritty and salacious detail for my taste - designed, perhaps, to provide some dark titillation? - but Greene uses the power of what is left unsaid to create suspense and horror that is far more chil ...more
Judith
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The subject of this novel is of topical interest today and is a difficult and emotional one. To temper it with what is almost a travelogue, all well researched and packed with information, description and detail, running alongside and woven into the story is, I think, a brilliant concept.

As always with Greene the dialogue is natural, rings true and is well adjusted to suit individual characters. The depth of understanding and camaraderie between the two friends is well developed and their inform
Kevin
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, crime, buddy-book
This is not going to be an easy review... Schrödinger's God is not a book I would imagine many people wanting to write, and I suspect it's a book that even fewer people could write. Luckily, Hugh Greene is one of the people with both the willing and the skills to deliver this book.

Let's start with the elephant in the room. Or more accurately the young girl and the priest in the prologue. Hold on though, don't react to that yet. There's a fair chance you have strong views about something like tha
Olwyn Ducker
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A well written book highly recommend
Mary
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An Excellent Mystery

I received this through Goodreads Giveaways and while it started a little slow for me it really ended up delivering the suspense that I was anticipating. In addition, it took me through some interesting locations. The characters are quite engaging, the story is well told and the twist at the end was exceptional. I enjoyed this book very much!
Liz
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There’s so much interesting in this book. Of course, there’s the horrendous crime to solve but, frankly, that didn’t turn out to be the part I enjoyed the most. I really liked all the little side information ... the St. Order of St James, the discussion of evil, how one dies in a sealed room, how the Romans brought down mountains to obtain gold, all the historic facts along the Way and much more. And I really thought Power and Lynch were great; both were different characters and their relationsh ...more
John Naylor
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book directly from the author for review purposes.

I admit I still haven't read the immediately prequel to this (mostly as I don't shop online and no bookseller locally stocks it) but I did enjoy the first two books in the series.

The series has definitely evolved and also become bigger. This story mostly takes place in Spain. As always the research the author did means the book has more levels than a typical skyscraper.

This is definitely not a cosy detective story.
Colette Moss
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways, good-reads
I was lucky enough to win The Schrodinger’s God by Hugh Greene on Goodreads. I have never read a book by this author before and I wanted to expand my book choices and authors, so after reading the description about the book I was intrigued.
At first I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it but I found that once I’d started, I found it hard to put down and was eager to carry on. The references to past high profile cases had me reliving and remembering the details about them, making the book more d
Julie Brown
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best of the series so far. Read it on Kindle. Loved this mystery - a true quest like in Cervaantes- the two heroes set off along the St James Way and this makes a really special setting for an ingenious thriller, with some shocks along the way. I love the way the books dovetail together, although they can be read as stand alones. The subtle hints and clues about the series in the text and illustrations add to the depth of the books.

Dr Power does meet monsters doesn't he? Hugh Greene never fails
Melissa
May 03, 2017

• After the Flood
  • Amber Stone Agent Zero
  • Trail of the Hana K'ilo (Skeptic Detective, #2)
  • The Reticent Executioner: A dystopian world deserves a dystopian detective, and London just got hers (DI Kramer Series Book 1)
  • Calaca's Best Friend: Bilingual in Spanish and English
  • Firewatching (Detective Sergeant Adam Tyler #1)
  • Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000
  • Yellowhead Blues (Hunter Rayne Highway Mystery #5)
  • Death in Focus (Elena Standish #1)
  • The Brown Mangy Dog: A Short Tale
  • A Tropical Frontier: The Brigand
  • Emaddin Adventures: A Sequel to the 1001 Arabian Nights (Emaddin Adventures #2)
  • Bearded: A Very Hairy Children's Book
  • The Last Diet: Discover the Secret to Losing Weight—For Good
  • Railroaded: The Homophobic Prosecution of Brandon Woodruff for His Parents' Murders
  • Before He Kills (Mackenzie White #1)
  • Best Murder in Show (Sophie Sayers Village Mystery #1)
  • The Onion Field
Hugh Greene was born in Chester and is a scientist and author. He has published numerous peer-reviewed books and scientific papers and brought his experience working with the police and victims of crime to bear on the popular Dr Power novels. He lives in Cheshire/Shropshire.

Dr Power (5 books)
  • The Darkening Sky
  • The Fire of Love
  • The Good Shepherd
  • Son of Darkness: (Illustrated Edition)